• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

RalchAC

Well, today has been a good day. I've been farming almost non-stop and I've done the following things:

Evolved to 6* and guilted the Card Guards.
Evolved to 6* and guilted Young Herc (I had three 4* Hercs waiting).
Evolved to 6* and guilted Payne (I had three 4* Paynes).
Reguilted my Queen to 15%.
Finished guilting my Wakka (which had 2 dots before).

The Card Guards are quite good at 6*, although you need to sacrifice HP to use them.

Famassu

Doesn't seem like our party admin has logged in after I sent the IDs, so I don't think our party's invite should be in your invite list yet.

Famassu

I got it over 200 just by equipping medals like (6*) KH Cloud, Aqua, Lexaeus, Stitch & such that do 9-15 hits on a single target.

Burbeting

Banned
How the hell are you supposed to clear any of the Adamantite Quests part 2, no less part 3 or 4? I feel like I have no way to develop my medals further without paying 100 euros to the game, yet my medals are absolutely dogshit against any late-game missions.

How the hell are you supposed to clear any of the Adamantite Quests part 2, no less part 3 or 4? I feel like I have no way to develop my medals further without paying 100 euros to the game, yet my medals are absolutely dogshit against any late-game missions.

Just gotta wait it out. Your medals will get better over time with pulls but the difficulty of Adamantite Quests stay the same.

Famassu

Yeah, it's a gradual progress. You'll get jewels to pull new medals with, which will either be more powerful than the ones you have and thus help you get closer to your goal or they'll be duplicates that will eventually let you guilt your strongest medals. You'll get Cids that will help you put more higher-level medals at once. You'll get Chips that will help you strengthen the medals you do have. You'll level up, get more cost and be able to equip higher-* medals (if you aren't already at 180 cost). You'll get Attack Boost I & II medals that will be noticeable increases in attack strength. So you'll gradually get closer to being able to do these quests.

At first I couldn't even finish the, I think, Starlight Adamantine quest #2. Then a couple of weeks later I could finish it but it was rough and all battles took 2 or 3 turns. Now a month or so later I can finish 95% of it in one turn and only the last battle against the Fat Bandit heartless (& friends) is undoable for me (Fat Bandit is left with half a health bar). Once I get some more Chips into BC Mickey in the next month or so (once Colosseum restarts in September), I think that should be manageable as well, without any more money spent.

And while I can't say I haven't spent any money on this, I haven't had to mindlessly spend hundreds of euros on it either to get to the point where I'm at. So far I've spent 45€ on the game in the ~4 months I've played it, which isn't all that unreasonable for this kind of quasi-MMO-ish online game with more or less constant stream of new content.

If you're unwilling to support the game at all, then you've just got to accept that it'll take you longer to get to the point of being able to do some of these optional quests at good enough efficiency.

Sölf

If you're unwilling to support the game at all, then you've just got to accept that it'll take you longer to get to the point of being able to do some of these optional quests at good enough efficiency.

This is the one reason why I am willing to spent money. I only put 15€ in once, ebcause of the 0 AP event this week, but I already spent so much time with this game in the last 1 1/2 months or how long it's been out in EU now and I did have fun and still do have fun, that I really would like to support the developers.

Also, meh, while I managed to guilt Riku, Selphie and Paine now, Riku got a decent +24%, but Selphier only has 10% and Paine 12%. >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
Rikku?

YRP were pretty good AOE nukes for a fair bit, especially considering they're available guilted to everyone.

Famassu

Sölf;213945582 said:
This is the one reason why I am willing to spent money. I only put 15€ in once, ebcause of the 0 AP event this week, but I already spent so much time with this game in the last 1 1/2 months or how long it's been out in EU now and I did have fun and still do have fun, that I really would like to support the developers.

Also, meh, while I managed to guilt Riku, Selphie and Paine now, Riku got a decent +24%, but Selphier only has 10% and Paine 12%. >_>
I've taken an MMO-mentality with this game. I'm ready to spend that 15€ once every month as a kind of monthly subscription fee and mostly intend to use those jewels for something certain (the avatar boards with Illustr. Yuffie & Cid), don't want to waste them on some completely random pulls that might give me 90% farmable medals... Might use them occasionally for pulls that give something certain like the recent BC Mickey thing, but otherwise these 600, 1500 & 3000 jewel pulls will be mostly done with daily, quest & other free jewels.

RalchAC

I've taken an MMO-mentality with this game. I'm ready to spend that 15€ once every month as a kind of monthly subscription fee and mostly intend to use those jewels for something certain (the avatar boards with Illustr. Yuffie & Cid), don't want to waste them on some completely random pulls that might give me 90% farmable medals... Might use them occasionally for pulls that give something certain like the recent BC Mickey thing, but otherwise these 600, 1500 & 3000 jewel pulls will be mostly done with daily, quest & other free jewels.

Personally, this week is the moment where I was waiting to spend money to get a weekly unlock, since the 0 AP event was the perfect moment to stockpile a lot of money and level up and evolve everything. However, after all the whale hunting that has been going on lately, I've refused to do it no matter how much I want it..

I won't spend a dime here unless I see a change in the way the approach this game monetization.

alittlelove

Neo Member
So someone tell me again why it's better to have Nick and Judy separate medals and not guilted?

There's an argument for keeping several so you could buff multiple times, and you'd never be relying on this medal for damage output so it doesn't matter if it's guilted or not.

Personally J&N costs too much gauge to justify using it over regular buff medals, not to mention RAX - don't really need more than one of them.

There's an argument for keeping several so you could buff multiple times, and you'd never be relying on this medal for damage output so it doesn't matter if it's guilted or not.

Personally J&N costs too much gauge to justify using it over regular buff medals, not to mention RAX - don't really need more than one of them.

If only I had one of RAX ;____; Thanks for the info, yo.

Skittles

So someone tell me again why it's better to have Nick and Judy separate medals and not guilted?
It's pretty much only if you don't have 3 medals that boost strength by 1 tier. Defense usually doesn't matter because you're trying to 1 turn things if you're looking to boost strength by that much

Razmos

I found Nick and Judy really useful yesterday on round 48 of the colosseum. The Wyverns always took multiple turns to kill and if paralyse didn't kick in they could easily one shot me if Defense Boost II didn't activate, Nick and Judy made it a lot easier

Lnds500

I think it's high time to complain about the game's sorry state in many departments (greedy, non rewarding for either whales or F2P and the farmable medals fiasco).

I was thinking that we should start something on twitter but the "Do not pull" movement could work.

From the reddit thread.

As a Developer I will give you guys some advice (same as I did when players were really upset with FFRK).
1) Email them and follow up on it. Don't let them send you some token message like "We greatly appreciate your feedback and will pass it to the development team" and stop the chain there. Reply back to them.
2) Whatever ultimatum/threat you make to them directly make sure you follow through on it. It is hilariously easy for them to see if you have continued spending and/or playing so don't do so blindly. If you are not going to follow through you are better off not making any ultimatums at all.
3) Be organized in your messaging. Don't have it being all over the place. Air very common grievances (e.g. Commons in Relic Pool, No Jewel Quest, overall P2W nature of game). Make sure they know for certain the things as a player base are affecting us most.
4) Do not be rude to the Customer Service people. They have nothing to do with the negative experience you are having so don't take it out on them. They are likely your number 1 advocate at this point so don't anger/mistreat them.
These are generally effective because it puts Metrics behind the grievances (Number of CS Tickets) and hits the pocket book (CS Tickets are way more expensive then many imagine). You guys may not get what you want directly, but it will definitely impact the development going forward. I have been on the other side of this when players were mad and it was stuck in our minds for a very long time. It really did have an impact going forward because we didn't want to have to fund a CS Ticket swarm.
I am not saying I am personally participating or helping organize efforts but I would seriously recommend doing the above. Channel your collective energy together and let them know you guys really like the game but feel your experience is unsatisfactory and lay out ways for them to improve it.
** EDIT ** Just to be clear I am not advocating for Bot Spamming or anything malicious in terms of sending emails. Just don't let the generic form emails prevent you from moving forward. I would not send more than 2 emails in any 24 Hour Period.

RalchAC

We've just been gifted 900 Jewels for some kind of text typo.

Damn, Global players are more bitchy than Dokkan players. You guys need to go through the hardships like JP. :p

That fact that somebody somewhere had a harder time that us doesn't mean we shouldn't complain :p

But yeah, Reddit can be a bit toxic sometimes.

I think it's high time to complain about the game's sorry state in many departments (greedy, non rewarding for either whales or F2P and the farmable medals fiasco).

I was thinking that we should start something on twitter but the "Do not pull" movement could work.

From the reddit thread.

The idea about sending messages to Customer Support seems good. I haven't thought that it could be expensive for them to keep answering those kind of messages. I will do it and so should other people.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just tried the Daily 20 times and haven't gotten 6 enemies to appear once. Good thing 0AP is still going on.

Skittles

Is anyone here participating in the no-pull-a-thon being promoted on reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...ux_psa_p2p_players_please_do_not_pull_friday/
What even prompted this? There's currently no content that can't be completed with just a buffer, healer, a guilted epic, and a friend guilted epic(dude who started this is a whale, so he should have all of that and more). I don't even think anything in the next month will take something close to a guilted prem. With a team of only 9 people and seemingly no community manager, i'm not expecting much to happen. Worth a try though

Lol @ getting 900 free jewels for nothing(text error on a medal), but then getting nothing for something that matters( some chests giving no AP or HP in latest missions)

Famassu

At the moment, the way I'd personally improve the game is...

-either remove farmables from the pull-pool completely, reduce their likelihood to almost zero or set some hard limit for how many farmables one can get from a single 10 medal pull (i.e. max 2 or 3 are farmables)

-jewels should be far cheaper. I think the realistic "ideal" for both sides could be 5€ for 3000 jewels with maybe the Special quest unlocks still being locked behind a 10 or 15€ tier purchase. I feel that would get a lot more people spending a little amount of money on the game instead of far fewer people spending lots of money while still being plenty profitable for SQEX. That way I could see myself spending 20-25€ per month instead of the 15€. A fairer deal for everyone instead of 99% of profits coming from whales.

-give a little bit more jewels daily for everyone, so maybe 100 x 2, 200 x 2 and 400 x 1. It would still take 15 days for someone to get 3000 jewels, so it isn't all that quick yet not ridiculously long either, which would also give a bit more incentive to keep playing the game if you can get (an extra) 10 or 15 medals every couple of weeks instead of it taking 30 days. Leveling up & evolving medals is often the only thing that people can do daily (once they've exhausted new story missions, gotten as far as they can in the monthly Colisseum etc.), so if it takes too long for people to gather enough jewels to get a good number of new medals, they get bored because of the lack of things to do and will more likely drop the game sooner rather than later.

-don't take any more than 2 weeks between adding new story missions. I notice my interest waning if we go too long without somewhat meaty new content. Grindy raids & exp/evolve medal quests, Coliseum & such can hold one's attention only so long before wanting something new that isn't revolved around repeating the same ever harder content over & over again.

RalchAC

Hope we get Aerith boards tomorrow.

At the moment, the way I'd personally improve the game is...

-either remove farmables from the pull-pool completely, reduce their likelihood to almost zero or set some hard limit for how many farmables one can get from a single 10 medal pull (i.e. max 2 or 3 are farmables)

Farmable should definitely be removed at this point IMO. It makes sense to have them in the very beginning in order to dilute a bit the Gacha but at this point the pool is big enough to give you Premium crap anyway lol.

I agree.

-jewels should be far cheaper. I think the realistic "ideal" for both sides could be 5€ for 3000 jewels with maybe the Special quest unlocks still being locked behind a 10 or 15€ tier purchase. I feel that would get a lot more people spending a little amount of money on the game instead of far fewer people spending lots of money while still being plenty profitable for SQEX. That way I could see myself spending 20-25€ per month instead of the 15€. A fairer deal for everyone instead of 99% of profits coming from whales.

I think most people (leaving whales aside) who want to spend money use the Weekly Unlock. I think that's good enough though.

-give a little bit more jewels daily for everyone, so maybe 100 x 2, 200 x 2 and 400 x 1. It would still take 15 days for someone to get 3000 jewels, so it isn't all that quick yet not ridiculously long either, which would also give a bit more incentive to keep playing the game if you can get (an extra) 10 or 15 medals every couple of weeks instead of it taking 30 days. Leveling up & evolving medals is often the only thing that people can do daily (once they've exhausted new story missions, gotten as far as they can in the monthly Colisseum etc.), so if it takes too long for people to gather enough jewels to get a good number of new medals, they get bored because of the lack of things to do and will more likely drop the game sooner rather than later.

I think Japan gives 100x2, 200x2 and 300x1. And then they have the permanent Jewel Quest. Which is really awesome, but I would be happy if we could get one of the other.

We still have less medals than Japan. And Japan is an older version. I understand that having over 2000 Jewels a week is going a bit crazy asap. But having around 1200-1500 a week would actually be quite cool.

-don't take any more than 2 weeks between adding new story missions. I notice my interest waning if we go too long without somewhat meaty new content. Grindy raids & exp/evolve medal quests, Coliseum & such can hold one's attention only so long before wanting something new that isn't revolved around repeating the same ever harder content over & over again.

Have they ever done that? I think that so far they've been getting 25 new quests every 2 weeks quite reliably.

The problem with Grindy Raids, Dalies and Coliseum is the rewards IMO. Those same quests would be exciting if there was cool stuff to grab. Like 3-5 Brooms in a board, a bunch of 6* Chip/Dales/Cids and good Skills. But the rewards usually are quite boring, you don't really feel like you are progressing.

A while ago, I remember I got a Attack Boost II in a Coliseum board. It's been a long time since I got one of those lol. And Cids have been quite scarce lately, or at least that's my feeling.

also

Banned
Welp, I managed to complete all Adamantite quests because this showed up in my friend medals.
ygfhhYB.png

3 RAX for At.Lv. 3 at zero cost + Olympia dealt with most of the issues.
Thanks to whoever suggested not to fuse the RAX medals

creid

It may just be me, but I feel like the lower amount of jewels we get is balanced by the fact that premiums don't disappear from the medal pool forever when their banner is over. As for complaints that the game is P2W... is that guy new to gacha? Isn't that the whole basis of gacha games?

Skittles

oooo illustrated terra tomorrow. aerith board looks pretty likely too. the pooh and piglet medals will be good for those who didnt get rax

having a +25 olympia feels goooooood. gonna save the rest of my ore for Divine Rose though

Grieves

oooo illustrated terra tomorrow. aerith board looks pretty likely too. the pooh and piglet medals will be good for those who didnt get rax

having a +25 olympia feels goooooood. gonna save the rest of my ore for Divine Rose though
Worth saving my jewels for tomorrow then?

RalchAC

So... does anybody know if we are getting the next batch of story quests tomorrow?

It would be nice, considering there is 0 AP and all that.

And it's been 2 weeks since the last update.

Looking at those medals I'm almost assuredly pulling. Thankfully I got those 900 free jewels since I was banking on the 750 from the missions to pull again. Knowing my luck I won't get Pooh, Piglet or Terra and get Owl instead ;(

Sölf

I am currently on 1510 jewels. I still need the last board, so maybe I spent them on the board first so I don't have to care about that one.

Has anyone managed to get the 6 enemies in the daily? I only tried twice, but since we only get a EXP medal and no Cid or Chip/Dale I can't be bothered with this.

Avallon

Sölf;214129071 said:
I am currently on 1510 jewels. I still need the last board, so maybe I spent them on the board first so I don't have to care about that one.

Has anyone managed to get the 6 enemies in the daily? I only tried twice, but since we only get a EXP medal and no Cid or Chip/Dale I can't be bothered with this.

I got it on my first try. Apparently I'm very lucky.

Welp, I managed to complete all Adamantite quests because this showed up in my friend medals.
ygfhhYB.png

I wish something that strong would show up in my friend's list. I have a 100% guilted BCM and the only quest I can't do is 1-turn cards for adamantite.

Top Bottom