• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

The KHX subreddit is reminding me why I'm misanthropic. "I didn't like my pull, how do I get a refund?"
What's also bad is when people compare the systems jp has in place to na. without stopping to realize that all the stuff they have is to make progression possible. Our game states are completely different and require different balancing
So, what, should I make 1 gauge AOE medals my status medals??? What if I don't have a medal like that for my Magic and Speed decks?
put it on anything that doesn't have atb2, buff medals are usually you're best choice. i also have some on medals that aren't good until guilted (like xion because i already have a marl)

jp making broom quests permanent is pretty cool. the walls you can hit in that version are pretty brutal, so that should help quite a bit

Ilvocare

Can status ailments activate when you use special attacks? I'd just use it on some medal that maybe isn't completely useless but isn't some Tier 9 medal either. Something like KH Sora Ver. B. It can do some decent AOE damage with its special attack when needed, but there are plenty of more powerful medals around, eventually.

Statuses only activate on normal taps. The funny thing is, is that my KH2 Aerith has Poison and my Vivi has Paralysis. But reading the thread there seemed to be a consensus that there was no real reason to have to choose between boosting or statuses...

Oddly enough, I have a Poison on my Power-type Leon and Paralysis on my max guilted Sora Ver. A. I guess I should probably give them more offensive-based abilities...

put it on anything that doesn't have atb2, buff medals are usually you're best choice. i also have some on medals that aren't good until guilted (like xion because i already have a marl)

Thanks! So does that mean Atk. Boost I is an obsolete skill?

Boogiepop

Well, I cleared out a bit more of the Adamantites with my newly buffed stuff. Now I just have the 4s left outside of Lady Luck (all of which will probably become feasible if I can just get that darn Attack Prize Plus from the Colleseum this month, which seems likely), the Playing Cards, and the Cerberus. Of course it seems we're due for the 5s to pop up, and I'm sure those'll be plenty mean.

But yeah, I have a maxed Olympia, Three Wishes at +23, Treasure Trove at +22, and the other 2 at +21, with one Adamantite to spare. Thinking for now I'll focus on Three Wishes, since Olympia honestly kind of seems better than the other choices in its colors most of the time...

Boogiepop

Ugh, I can ALMOST get the Card Stack Treasure Trove Adamantite quest done, but not quite. I've loaded my full Olympia with Piglet, then the Queen with a medium guilt, then a DiZ to buff and also be my one 5 star so everything doesn't need Cids, then KH3D Riku with 24% guilt, then KH3D Sora with medium guilt, and a friend KH1 Cloud with complete maxed guilt and all that jazz.

I tried messing with other stuff, but far as I can tell, this is my max damage potential, and I come up with like a sixth of the last bar left if the attack boost 1s on all the (event) farmable medals activate. So in theory slapping an Attack Boost II on that 3D Riku would probably be enough to solve it, but it feels so wasteful as those medals are all only useful if you're going for one giant crazy burst (boosting their attacks would also work, but again, there are other medals I have that need the boosts more). Ugh, in theory I can just leave it until I manage to outdamage those 4 guage medals with better ones, but it's totally going to drive me nuts to know that I'm that close to getting those Adamantites...

Edit: Decided to say screw it and used it because the high score challenge and colloseum should bring in some extras, and the Riku 3D does at least have some situational use. And it did indeed work out.

How'd I do here?

Screenshot_2016_08_19_08_33_55.png

Falk

that puzzling face
I always thought color-specific buffs were stronger.

Pooh + Diz (3 ATK) gave more damage than Pooh + Aerith (2 ATK, 1 Blue) in a specific instance.

I'm not sure my understanding of how these buffs interact with enemy defense is anywhere near accurate anymore.

Also (friend medal) BC Mickey with MAB2 and 0, 1, 2, 3 stacks of Attack buff.

0 15574
1 21889
2 25326
3 28565

Strange that there's clearly diminishing returns here. I thought it was something as simple as a linear increase. That's what makes it doubly weird. You'd think if going from 2->3 stacks of atk buff was smaller, that changing from 3atk to 2atk+1color would be an even more pronounced increase.

edit: p.s. it bears specific mentioning that I wasn't testing that blue buff with BC Mickey obviously. lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We meet again, Fortress Crab! You and your big meaty insane giant HP are going down!

Famassu

So these exp requirements for level ups quickly go totally insane around lvl 206-207, huh? +171k exp from lvl 206 to lvl 207.

Also, why is Cerberus so much harder than any other #2 Adamantine quests? Oh well, at least I got two more Adamantine quests done (Olympia & Starlight #2s). Probably need to be able to guilt some medals before I'll be even close to completing any #3s.

So these exp requirements for level ups quickly go totally insane around lvl 206-207, huh? +171k exp from lvl 206 to lvl 207.

Also, why is Cerberus so much harder than any other #2 Adamantine quests? Oh well, at least I got two more Adamantine quests done (Olympia & Starlight #2s). Probably need to be able to guilt some medals before I'll be even close to completing any #3s.

I finally beat Cerberus today, you don't really need anything super insane if you have Namine. I had Namine, Piglet, Demyx (no blips), HD Aqua (no blips), Zexion (1 blip) and Sora and Pals friend medal (no blips). Then just pray that Attack Boosts trigger.

Famassu

I finally beat Cerberus today, you don't really need anything super insane if you have Namine. I had Namine, Piglet, Demyx (no blips), HD Aqua (no blips), Zexion (1 blip) and Sora and Pals friend medal (no blips). Then just pray that Attack Boosts trigger.
Keyphrase being "if you have Namine", no such luck for me. :'(

Skii

What's also bad is when people compare the systems jp has in place to na. without stopping to realize that all the stuff they have is to make progression possible. Our game states are completely different and require different balancing

Systems like Mickey and brooms as well as 3 dotted premiums were already in place when Axel SP and co. came out I believe. Maybe even earlier. That's the main problem. It's very clear that global are neglecting developing the game to the level Japan is at because they are already make tons of money thanks to the whales and have no incentive to help players.

That's not even going into the fact that you get half the log in jewels Japan gets and the fact that daily jewel event isn't permanent. These were all introduced fairly early in Japan.

So much grinding ;_; went from the edge of 230 to 235 today. Gonna go for 240 tomorrow, I really should go for more since it's 0 AP but it's such a drag.

Psxphile

The very first time, when it was a week long event, it wasn't. The crab would act like any other raid boss and only regenerate a bit of health for each revived part.
I remember this being the case, but it's not like you don't make up the difference in Lux draining the HP from the limbs/parts.

So much grinding ;_; went from the edge of 230 to 235 today. Gonna go for 240 tomorrow, I really should go for more since it's 0 AP but it's such a drag.

This Fortress Crab is very good for high-level, uh, leveling. Unlike the last bout, whereas the main body gave pitiful amounts of Lux for damaging it. If Double Lux was a thing shit would be cray. Too bad you can clear the event board in two runs.

also

Banned
I remember this being the case, but it's not like you don't make up the difference in Lux draining the HP from the limbs/parts.

This Fortress Crab is very good for high-level, uh, leveling. Unlike the last bout, whereas the main body gave pitiful amounts of Lux for damaging it. If Double Lux was a thing shit would be cray. Too bad you can clear the event board in two runs.

I suppose but it's much more of a pain compared to before.

Double Lux is a thing. It's the same three 1-hour time slots as always; Pacific time 13:00, 17:00, 20:00.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't know what the purpose of this daily is other than to remind you what garbage touchscreen controls are.

Famassu

Accidentally ran into a lvl 250 possessor right at the start. The enemies don't show up quite right away so I just started running right and there was an enemy that appeared in front of me. Managed to beat it and to dodge all other enemies and beat it on my first try.

Also, these exp requirements really do turn ridiculous past lvl 205. I'm lvl 212 or 213 and the next level requires over 500 000 exp.

Famassu

I was at a bit of a disadvantage since I started the quest with only 7 gauges, but my Attack Boost II, 50% guilt, +1000 Chipped lvl 100 Illustr. Yuffie did decent damage with a Tier2 STR buff. Due to lack of special gauges, it took me 3 turns that I could survive only with the help of Def Boost II. On my final turn I could nothing else but use my RAX medal which luckily killed it before it killed me. Left me with 400 HP.

Munti

I think i have found a method how to earn very fast a lot of munnny, but it's only possible with today's daily (and skip tickets)!

-Clear all objectives of the daily
-Use skip ticket on the daily
-Get 37 moogle medals (more than 400'000 munnny!)
-Repeat

Boogiepop

I think i have found a method how to earn very fast a lot of munnny, but it's only possible with today's daily (and skip tickets)!

-Repeat
Ooh, interesting. Do skip tickets have any other significant use that it'd be worth not doing this? Otherwise, I may just jump on this...

Skittles

Ooh, interesting. Do skip tickets have any other significant use that it'd be worth not doing this? Otherwise, I may just jump on this...
The Moogle of Glory quests are supposed to be absurdly hard but have easy objectives. Meaning that you can use skip tickets to "farm" for the materials needed to upgrade the keyblade

Famassu

-Repeat
This was also ok for leveling up skills & grinding Behemoth raids (Omegas too). Every fourth skip would lead to a behemoth raid and every 2-4 skips would give at least one medal a skill level up. I put 5 medals with non-maxed skills to starlight and started and got a couple of levels to each.

Did anyone get a Terra?
My brother did. Seems like a pretty crazy medal. Even just being lvl 100 friend medal seems pretty deadly, especially for an AOE buff medal, probably even crazier if you own one and get proper keyblade bonuses, +1000 Chips, Attack Boost II, can't even imagine a guilted one...

Falk

that puzzling face
You probably also need Attack Boost and/or a tier 2(+) str buff.

As far as I can tell, Attack Boost multiplies the damage number post enemy defense.

1 x 1.4 = 1 (rounded down)

The biggest contributing factors to increasing damage vs high level (high def) enemies are: your medal's base stats, so 7000->8000 VERY IMPORTANT, and your keyblade's multiplier, so 2.0->2.2 VERY IMPORTANT.

alittlelove

Neo Member
My brother did. Seems like a pretty crazy medal. Even just being lvl 100 friend medal seems pretty deadly, especially for an AOE buff medal, probably even crazier if you own one and get proper keyblade bonuses, +1000 Chips, Attack Boost II, can't even imagine a guilted one...

I've been abusing this max guilted Terra in my JP party and it's all sorts of ridiculous. The guy has AB2+APP on it and it restores all 15 SP gauges when it procs on a raid boss.

Skittles

I guess there's new Chip and Dale medals for VIP players.

QOmpDYi.jpg
sweet

i literally don't know what to do with all these skills i have and soon to get from HSC. i especially don't know what to do with these atb2maxs since bc mickey already has his. with atb2+app and atb3 eventually on the way, i don't want to waste skills lol

Too lazy to screencap but:
-VIP upgrade missions extended to the end of the month
-0 AP extended also to the end of the month
-New daily VIP missions that give 1x 6* Chip/Dale each day (only for this summer promo period)
-Daily deals give one guaranteed 6* until the end of the month
-Jungle book event, one of two quests available at random times for 30 minutes at a time, medals are Mowgli & Baloo for one and King Louie for the other, can combine them into Mowgli & Friends.
-Adamantium quests are no longer all open, it's back to just 2 (Lady Luck and Three Wishes currently).

I did a 10-pull and got a Piglet, another Lexaeus, and a bunch of crap. Can't complain too much I guess; should at least be able to do better on the high score challenge once I Cid the Piglet.

Top Bottom