• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Oh wow, went back to the Proud Quests after leaving them sit, and those are easy now! Hopefully I'll one day say that about the later Adamantite quests...

alittlelove

Neo Member
Oh, Terra. There goes my money :|. (I'll probably get nothing and end up with another three Hags. Yay.)

Sölf;214129071 said:
Has anyone managed to get the 6 enemies in the daily? I only tried twice, but since we only get a EXP medal and no Cid or Chip/Dale I can't be bothered with this.

Took me about 20 retries - good thing it's 0 AP.

creid

Sölf;214129071 said:
Has anyone managed to get the 6 enemies in the daily? I only tried twice, but since we only get a EXP medal and no Cid or Chip/Dale I can't be bothered with this.
I had to restart about 15 times.

Famassu

That Illustrated Terra is pretty ridoncudonc. 2.54x special attack multiplier, AOE, magic Str Buff +2 for 1 whole turn. :O :O :O

Famassu

Ah, ok. Haven't really followed new medals all that closely other than RAX & Illustrated Cid (which I got) because I haven't done any (bigger) pulls in, like, 1,5 months...

Avallon

Ah, ok. Haven't really followed new medals all that closely other than RAX & Illustrated Cid (which I got) because I haven't done any (bigger) pulls in, like, 1,5 months...
I think it's identical
7RIXIUb.png

hjyCDVn.png

Famassu

I think it's identical
7RIXIUb.png

hjyCDVn.png
One KHUX wiki says Terra does 13 attacks, but otherwise they seem identical, yeah.

Sölf;214151169 said:
And I don't have a single one of them. Oh well. At least I have Poo & Piglet.
Pooh & Piglet is pretty good, since theirs is an element neutral buff. The medal doesn't do as much damage, but you get the Str Buff 2 all the same (and some healing, which can be helpful in that you don't need a separate healing medal).

I don't have any Tier 2 Str buff medals... :S

Falk

that puzzling face
Well no shit, I don't think anyone remotely sane is complaining about the rewards themselves, just the numbers involved.

Primus

High Score Challenge is back, big prizes are Second Chance and Attack Boost II Max medals. Guaranteed one of each for finishing in the top 2000. Illustrated Terra, Pooh, Piglet and Owl are the score bonus medals this time around.

Speaking of Illustrated Terra, you have a very low chance of getting a Boosted version that has +1000 STR on it.

Epic Medal Carnival is back, and you are guaranteed an Illustrated Terra on your tenth 10-medal buy if you haven't gotten one already.

EDIT: Did the 10-pull, got an Illustrated Terra (non-boosted), 5* Piglet, and a 5* KH Kairi, so totally worth it.

Skittles

high score is really forgiving when it comes to tiers this time, pretty much no difference in 2500 and 5000 tiers. the medals selected for it are pretty good too. another atbmax is something I've wanted, second chance is good too

Razmos

Got Piglet (fuck yeah) and KH Kairi from my pull.

Piglet totally shits on all my boost medals lol, a 2 tier generic boost which combined with the RAX medal is a 3 tier generic boost.

Gonna do another pull when I get my daily login jewels, really hope I get a boosted terra.

It looks like the boosted Terra str stacks with chip medals, which is insane

So, since I already have a Pooh & Piglet medal, these individual ones are completely worthless to me lol. Heck, Pooh & Piglet, in addition to healing me, also only costs two bars!

Unless there's a special event where I can fuse the individual Pooh and Piglet medals, I'm just gonna evolve them for album purposes then fuse them to something else.

Skittles

So, since I already have a Pooh & Piglet medal, these individual ones are completely worthless to me lol. Heck, Pooh & Piglet, in addition to healing me, also only costs two bars!

Unless there's a special event where I can fuse the individual Pooh and Piglet medals, I'm just gonna evolve them for album purposes then fuse them to something else.
Eh, still good to have in case of high score events. doubt pooglet will ever be one due to how absurdly powerful he is.
Wait, you guys on Global don't get the medals voiced?
Nope, are the voice lines in JP original or ripped from the games?

Wow they removed the guaranteed new medal from this deal.
still in apparently, don't think anyone has pulled and not gotten one of the 4

No story quests this week, probably because it would make a long wait in between weeks in september. since they're sticking to 50 story quests a week

RalchAC

I seems the devs heard their audience. This high score event feels much better. They are giving boosts to old units (Master Form Sora, Timeless River Pete, KH1 Kairi, BC Mickey and others) and the rewards are only skills. On top of that, the 501-2000th and the 2001-5000th rewards are mostly the same.

I'm still not a fan of the format, but this is something that I can accept.

Skittles

Good to know because they didn't mention it in the description of this carnival.
I'd wait for something more concrete though. Could just people getting lucky so far and pulling one of the 4(i pulled an owl). Though everyone whose pulled on reddit(including a dude's whole party) has gotten it

So while they fixed the reward tiers(in a way), they made the high score event slightly more annoying to do. Once you enter an area you can't go back. There are three different paths for each element, the enemy in front of the path in the starting area dictates what type of enemies will be in that path.

Grieves

yes, illustrated terra is fantastic even when not guilted. plus whatever deal that goes along with it

wow, the new roxas medal in Japan in gorgeous and the ability is great

Damn, I spent my jewels last nignt on a 10 pull.

On the plus side I've finally got through mission 314 so I can start getting jewels from story quests again.

If anyone has got any spaces in a unicorn party could they let me know and I'll leave my current dead party.

Famassu

Lolwut, I'm 608th in the high score event?! :D Not that I have any delusions of staying up there. >_>;

Edit: Already 643rd, let the free-fall begin. \o/

Edit #2: Not the best ever but a pretty good pull nevertheless

28980007462_9bf6aeb0e3_c.jpg

Pretty much a duplicates galore for me. The only medals I didn't already have were Piglet, Owl and Rabbit, two of which are pretty great for me. :3 Auron (2 pips now), Sora B (2 pips now), Hag (1 pip now), Timeless River Pete (1 pip now) and Aeris (2 pips now) all closer to guilting...

Razmos

Damn, did a second pull and got Jasmine and another Piglet.

I still got rank 180 or something close to that in the high score event, so that's cool.

RAX + Piglet really is awesome

Sölf

That moment, when you do the highscore challenge, are doing somewhat good in your first time and then engage a High Wizard and wonder why you only do 1 damage. Oh, level 230. RIP.

Famassu

Sölf;214217286 said:
That moment, when you do the highscore challenge, are doing somewhat good in your first time and then engage a High Wizard and wonder why you only do 1 damage. Oh, level 230. RIP.
My first run I didn't know about the "pick a route" thing. Anyways, I picked the leftmost route, got to the screen with the level 230 enemy. Accidentally ran into it before seeing its level. Saw it was lvl 230 as the battle begun -> just quit the quest right there & then, lol. Knew I didn't have a chance against it, considering how much trouble the lvl 200 enemies gave me in the last high score event.

I might try fighting against the lvl 230 enemy at some point if it seems like I might have a chance of some top 2500 position and that's the only thing standing in my way, but at the moment I just wanted to get through the high score even with as high a score as possible. Got 404k points. Was somewhere around 730th-750th spot at that point.

Boogiepop

Not a brilliant pull, but Piglet, Muskateer Mickey, a KHII Leon A, KHII Cloud, Pluto, Valor Form Sora, and 2 KH Clouds for feeding other things as dots, and then a Paine and Jiminy.

If nothing else, the epics are very nice to have, and I'm glad to get some dots for that Cloud, though he'll still be a long way from guilting.

Skittles

Does the exploit still work?
There are enemies that regenerate, but so far no one has found a balance between not killing them and not dying

Although you can't go back, what's amazing is that you can just take your strongest keyblade/setup in and do well since each element is covered. Base score is 385,000 so can get quite a lot of good stuff with just a 10% multiplier. Also, every path gives the same amount of points so don't worry about that

Razmos

Yeah this high score challenge seems a lot fairer in various ways. The only real dangers are the group of 3 level 150 mobs and the 230 mob.

The RAX medal on my Olympia cleared out most of the enemies on the magic route on its own

Sölf

Blergh, didn't even get 1000 Lux because I couldn't kill the three 150 High Wizards. Maybe another route works better. Or I try to go for max multiplier. I have Hag, Queen, Timeless Pete and Musketeer Mickey, so that would be 28%. With another high number, that could get to something.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Awesome pull today! Finally got a Minnie to replace Tink! Poohs galore! Another Cap'n Goof too! One day he'll be Guilted. Oooooone day.

Boogiepop

Got 53,000 points on the high score challenge, which puts me in a nice place for now. Hit that by clearing the path with the High Wizards of everything, with a 42% multiplier. The kind of frustrating thing is that I'd be able to add a nice meaty 14% on by switching my RAX out with the Piglet I just got, but... the boost only comes from a 6 star one, and based on the current cost available and the fact that boost medals don't need that full level as much, it'd be wasteful to do evolve it. So I'd essentially have to ruin it to get that extra multiplier.

It kind of sucks a bit, since I'd love to hit that mark to grab the normal drop Attack II Max at 600,000, plus I'd imagine this score won't hold me in the top 1,000...

Oh well, at least it's just some nice extra skills this time around to worry about, rather than a crazy new medal! (Really kind of sad that I couldn't force my way into getting 3 RAX medals last time, after how helpful people are saying they are to have. Though to be fair I probably would've fused them before noting people saying it's worth keeping them seperate anyway, so I guess it's no big loss).

alittlelove

Neo Member
I appreciate that the new HSC has an option for each type instead of the usual throw together all your medals in a messy pile approach. Managed to top 600k - I still have another 7% bonus that I could add, but that would require me to waste a Cid 10 and lose APP... I guess I'll see where my ranking ends up next week, but I already dropped 200 between last night and this morning.

The KHX subreddit is reminding me why I'm misanthropic. "I didn't like my pull, how do I get a refund?"

The KH subreddit was kind of entertaining last night - a lot of whining over whales not boycotting EMC.

CGnDNql.png

Okayyyyish pull I guess. Lexaeus is one of the best STR medals in the game and not so ridicilously rare like Illu Cloud or something so guilting it is somewhat possible in the long run. Piglett and Leon are good medals too.

Rest is absolute trash. I got a guilted Bambi now ._.

Razmos

Eurgh damn it. With the medals I have the max score I can get is 586,000 with all enemies beaten. So close to that Attack Boost II Max :(

Ilvocare

Ma2EB9u.jpg

Like, on the one hand, this is a hell of a lot of Epics to get in a pull.

Too bad Piglet's the only one I'd care for.

Also I STILL haven't gotten a non-Power reverse medal. This is getting stupid...

At least I can give Vivi and Auron a bit of a boost.

Sölf

Well, I most likely won't be able to pull this event. I also only manage to barely get over 200k because I can't beat any of the level 150 enemy groups. D:

Ilvocare

Oh yes, quick question: what medals would suit having Poison on them? If my big 6* medals are rocking Atk boosts, and my boosters are using Defense Boosts, and Minnie's also using Defense... then what should I swap out?

Famassu

Oh yes, quick question: what medals would suit having Poison on them? If my big 6* medals are rocking Atk boosts, and my boosters are using Defense Boosts, and Minnie's also using Defense... then what should I swap out?
I'd use status ailments for medals that aren't & you're fairly certain won't become mainstay damage dealers in your usual setups. I wouldn't waste it on something that is good at dealing high damage that is perhaps currently a bit useless against some lvl 230 enemy.

Ilvocare

I'd use status ailments for medals that aren't & you're fairly certain won't become mainstay damage dealers in your usual setups. I wouldn't waste it on something that is good at dealing high damage that is perhaps currently a bit useless against some lvl 230 enemy.

So, what, should I make 1 gauge AOE medals my status medals??? What if I don't have a medal like that for my Magic and Speed decks?

Famassu

So, what, should I make 1 gauge AOE medals my status medals??? What if I don't have a medal like that for my Magic and Speed decks?
Can status ailments activate when you use special attacks? I'd just use it on some medal that maybe isn't completely useless but isn't some Tier 9 medal either. Something like KH Sora Ver. B. It can do some decent AOE damage with its special attack when needed, but there are plenty of more powerful medals around, eventually.

Top Bottom