• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

xclk07

Falk or anyone else: does anyone know how friend medal multipliers are calculated? My party was just chatting about this and it is way lower than your keyblade's multipliers, but still not insignificant.
My example is the same medal with same +1000/+1000 on my tw 24 keyblade had a 1.575 multiplier as a friend medal, way lower than the 2.10 multiplier my copy of the medal had on my keyblade.
The friend medal multiplier also seems to be difft for difft keyblades AND difft levels of those keyblades.

Falk

that puzzling face
No idea, actually. It's something that I want to empirically determine, too, but it's hard for obvious reasons unless you have the exact same medal elsewhere.

I probably should do some extensive testing with different keyblades and different mobs since I do have a 50guilt Illust Yuffie now.

Brandson

Anyone manage to clear a Part 4 keyblade quest without attack prize plus or any RAX medals? If so, what was your setup? I got close on three wishes but needed 2 more attack bars on the last group.

Our party has room in Vulpes.

It's not a purely NeoGAF party though. There are at least 4 people who have accounts here but I don't know if any of the others are.
Sölf;213758001 said:
No Lux requirements as far as I know. Some people are only online every few days. As for activity, a few of us are active more or less everyday. So you can probably count on at least us! Also, if we get some more active people it can only get better! *wink wink nudge nudge*
Is there still an open slot? If yes, I'll leave my dead party and post my ID.

Boogiepop

Did a 10 pull, got another Black Coat Mickey and Black Coat Riku, Beast, Dumbo, Alladin, Abu, and then my first Wisdom Form Sora, The Queen, Pain and Panic, and an Owl.

Few questions: first off, should I put this Black Coat Mickey into the one I have for the pip, or is it better to have two of him? I'm leaning towards pip since his greatest use seems to be acting as a massive bomb on Olympia's best slot, and you can't really set up a second of him great there.

More importantly, though, is Owl. Is he good, and if so, is it best to keep him 5 star? I'm mainly asking because I really want to 6 star something for the 14% in the high score challenge, but I'm not sure if I'd be screwing myself by doing so.

Few questions: first off, should I put this Black Coat Mickey into the one I have for the pip, or is it better to have two of him? I'm leaning towards pip since his greatest use seems to be acting as a massive bomb on Olympia's best slot, and you can't really set up a second of him great there.
Pip it, it's one less Mickey and Brooms needed for the Special Attack Bonus, which is what you want to get to.

Owl might be a bad medal for most situations but when you encounter multiple high level enemies it's probably a lifesaver. You don't really need to 6* it since it's a debuff medal.

So I cashed in since the VIP Quests are fire this week, and it's been a while since I paid in.

I'm sitting on 6400 Jewels now. What's the current common advice? I can ten pull for a guaranteed Epic Medal (of which I have a few nice ones already) or I can try my luck again on the Daily to spread pips around. I'm also sans a few Preium Avatars, but I have yet to come close to feeling like need for a full 6★ Keyblade loadout, so those seems really low priority.

Psxphile

Those new Jungle Book medals seem pretty worthless, af. Healing that isn't Curaga just doesn't cut it anymore.

Owl might be a bad medal for most situations but when you encounter multiple high level enemies it's probably a lifesaver. You don't really need to 6* it since it's a debuff medal.
True enough, but more likely than not you'll be using it in conjunction with at least one booster medal for maximum gains so if those are 5* you won't lose much by evolving Owl (the defense bump from having multiple 6*s is always appreciated).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In case anyone wants to see what the combined medal is.

Wm0RyKM.png

I just need to level up then evolve my 2P Mowgli & Baloo so I can guilt it.

Psxphile

Really wished we got that inventory upgrade by now, I really don't have the room to be guilting farmable medals right now. I barely got by during the Alice event. It may be time to get rid of some of those farmables/useless stat boosting medals.

Hayner! Pence! Olette!

Boogiepop

Oh, so there's no seperate 6 star Jungle Book medal? Well, that makes things simpler. I guess since I've got the Baloos in guilting range, I just need two kings to slap them together now?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh, so there's no seperate 6 star Jungle Book medal? Well, that makes things simpler. I guess since I've got the Baloos in guilting range, I just need two kings to slap them together now?
The only 6* medal is Mowgli & Pals. That means you either need 7 M&B medals and 2 KL medals or 7 KL medals and 2 M&B medals in order to get a guilted M&P medal. You then need 1 M&B and 1 KL (to make a M&P) for each reroll you want to do.

Skittles

So I cashed in since the VIP Quests are fire this week, and it's been a while since I paid in.

I'm sitting on 6400 Jewels now. What's the current common advice? I can ten pull for a guaranteed Epic Medal (of which I have a few nice ones already) or I can try my luck again on the Daily to spread pips around. I'm also sans a few Preium Avatars, but I have yet to come close to feeling like need for a full 6★ Keyblade loadout, so those seems really low priority.
I'd pull once(if you haven't this emc) and then save for possible aerith boards

Boogiepop

Even with my additional owl and killing everything on the path with the High Wizard, I capped out at 586,000, which is just outside the top 1,000 at this point. In theory I could jam in another 7% on the keyblade, but then I'm not so certain I could manage the full set of kills (got a 5 star Piglet in there right now instead. And again, let me say that it freaking sucks how you don't get the boost if the medal is 5 star, because if you did I'd be in a MUCH better position right now...)

Famassu

Is there still an open slot? If yes, I'll leave my dead party and post my ID.
Yes.

EDITG I upped my high score to a little over 420 000. Just can't kill the lvl 230 enemy. I had def boost ii activate for, like 5 times, I had a healer and not just one, but two Attack Prize Plus medals, but I just run out of special gauge and can't keep up my healing before killing it. It'd really help if I had just one more guilted medal of any attribute, so that I could deal some proper damage to it.

Boogiepop

Has anyone done the math to make sure all three paths are equal on the HS challenge? I've been operating under the assumption that they are, but right now I'm just trying to figure out if there's any trick I can use to force my score up that little extra bit to get the Attack Boost II Max reward...

RalchAC

Has anyone done the math to make sure all three paths are equal on the HS challenge? I've been operating under the assumption that they are, but right now I'm just trying to figure out if there's any trick I can use to force my score up that little extra bit to get the Attack Boost II Max reward...

I tried two different paths and while I didn't make those calculations there are the same amount of enemies with the same HP.

I'd pull once(if you haven't this emc) and then save for possible aerith boards
Sigh.

KH Aerith.
Tinker Bell.
KH Sora v. A.
KH II Kairi.
Dr. Jumba Jookiba.
Limit Form Sora.
Winne the Pooh.
Valor Form Sora.
Paine.
Rikku.

Waste of $15, basically. Pooh is nice, I guess?

c-murph

And twenty-one Cids, not a complete waste.

Hey, the new Rikku took my existing one from 15% to 24%, I guess that's p. hype?

I did a daily pull and got 6* Olette... Wasn't a complete loss though as I ended up with a 4* KH Sora Ver. B that I can upgrade to guilt the 6* medal I have.

Skittles

Yes, all 3 paths give the exact same score. Just pick your best element/keyblade and go.
Sigh.

KH Aerith.
Tinker Bell.
KH Sora v. A.
KH II Kairi.
Dr. Jumba Jookiba.
Limit Form Sora.
Winne the Pooh.
Valor Form Sora.
Paine.
Rikku.

Waste of $15, basically. Pooh is nice, I guess?
Unless you already KHII kairi/tinker then that's a pretty good pull. Pooh is pretty great unless you have pooglet. As F2P/C2P I mostly aim for buffers/healers than damage medals, since those take me further than damage dealers. With your pull, you can now easily get a 2.25x multiplier for your speed medals

Also, the new 7.0 version of android is out. Remeber that you can't play KHUX if you choose to update.

I did a daily pull and got 6* Olette... Wasn't a complete loss though as I ended up with a 4* KH Sora Ver. B that I can upgrade to guilt the 6* medal I have.
The only (non-boost) medal from my pull that was for a pip was Limit Form Sora. Very frustrating pull, but expected at this point (goes back to FFRK).

Unless you already KHII kairi/tinker then that's a pretty good pull. Pooh is pretty great unless you have pooglet. As F2P/C2P I mostly aim for buffers/healers than damage medals, since those take me further than damage dealers. With your pull, you can now easily get a 2.25x multiplier for your speed medals.
Yeah, I already had KH II Kairi and Tinker Bell (and Queen Minnie and Daisy, heh).

Tink's my second favorite Disney character tho, so that's worth something, maybe? Oh. Okay.

Key Warriors
Okay, I'll check for an invite later, thanks!!

Famassu

The only (non-boost) medal from my pull that was for a pip was Limit Form Sora. Very frustrating pull, but expected at this point (goes back to FFRK).

Yeah, I already had KH II Kairi and Tinker Bell (and Queen Minnie and Daisy, heh).

Tink's my second favorite Disney character tho, so that's worth something, maybe? Oh. Okay.

Okay, I'll check for an invite later, thanks!!
One of the admins was last online 6 hours ago, you'll hopefully get an invite within 24 hours.

Woo, guilted mowgli & pals and got 24% staight away. I assume 25 is the maximum like with all of these free medals, basically means I'm done with this annoying randomly appearing quest.

I finally, FINALLY did the second adamantite 3W quest. Forgot I'd only get one ore though :(. But I did find a use for the Nick/Judy medal, it being guilted got that extra boost that I needed.

One of the admins was last online 6 hours ago, you'll hopefully get an invite within 24 hours.

Woo, guilted mowgli & pals and got 24% staight away. I assume 25 is the maximum like with all of these free medals, basically means I'm done with this annoying randomly appearing quest.

No, Mowgli & Pals has normal guilt, so the max is 50%. You just got pretty unlucky there.

Famassu

No, Mowgli & Pals has normal guilt, so the max is 50%. You just got pretty unlucky there.
Oooooof course it is. Figures, my luck just couldn't be this good. I mean, I do constantly go 6-8 turns without TWO 40% attack prize plus medals activating the skill even once, no such luck that I'd get good guilts straight away.

Edit: Well, got 48% on my second try. NOW I'm done with diz shitzel.

Aaaaand all of the story missions are 3-mickeyed now. With Piglet I was able to add an extra attack medal and 1-turn Hades and 3-turn Ava, and all done without the benefit of Namine or Alice!

Shame the 5th Adamantite missions in LL or 3W are so far out of reach for me right now :(

Brandson

The only example LL pt5 video I can find uses a 100% guilted musketeer Mickey, guilted Darkside, and a guilted friend Illustrated Sora. Seeing someone clear it with something a bit more realistic would be nice.

The only example LL pt5 video I can find uses a 100% guilted musketeer Mickey, guilted Darkside, and a guilted friend Illustrated Sora. Seeing someone clear it with something a bit more realistic would be nice.

I cleared it with a x3 strength boost (use Pooh/Piglet + RAX/Vivi/DiZ/KH II Aerith for this), Pain & Panic, 67% guilted BC Mickey, 85% guilted Aladdin, and a friend's no-pip Sephiroth using a +24 Olympia.

You'll need at least two nukes to clear it, I think. If you can kill the non-target enemy with those nukes, you can use a single-target medal for the target Posessors.

I really can't stress enough how amazing it is to have a guilted BC Mickey.

Skittles

On a +25 Olympia I got half a bar away from doing it on the 2 mob. I used RAX, Pooh, Owl, 1 dot ATBM BC Mickey, Poison Mickey Musketeer, and Pug's 100% BC Mickey. I'm 100% sure I'd clear it if I used a ATB2 on my Mickey Musketeer

Ava Pug

I had to do LL pt5 twice. Once was with Olympia and BC Mickey to get 1 turn and the other with LL and only focus on the target.

I can share either 100% guilt Marluxia, 75% guilt Timeless River Sora or 100% guilt Larxene if that helps.

Damn, got the level 130 Cerberus down to half a bar...can prolly do it if I throw some Chips on my KHII King Mickey. Wish I had even a single magic-specific strength buff medal.

I've done some testing, and it seems like the power route for the high score challenge provides the most amount of points.

With a +66% bonus, I got 638k for the speed route (and I even had like 4-5 Bag O' Jewels regenerate health), 640k for the magic route, and 643k for the power route. The differences seem too big to just be due to RNG here.

I'm currently sitting in the low 700s in the rankings. I have no idea if this will hold me in the top 1000 until the end, because I'm not doing another pull.

I decided to give the Daily Deal another shot, cataloging a five day adventure.

So far, I may very well (finally) quit after this. I guess I'm obligated to stick around for a little bit since I just put another $15 in, but yeah, I'm about done with this crap.

Skittles

I've done some testing, and it seems like the power route for the high score challenge provides the most amount of points.

With a +66% bonus, I got 638k for the speed route (and I even had like 4-5 Bag O' Jewels regenerate health), 640k for the magic route, and 643k for the power route. The differences seem too big to just be due to RNG here.

I'm currently sitting in the low 700s in the rankings. I have no idea if this will hold me in the top 1000 until the end, because I'm not doing another pull.
Someone ran through and confirmed that the added total of score for all enemies in each path is the same. Not sure if he took life into account though. The differences in your score are probably differences between each of you keyblades power, or just your medals rolling higher damage on some runs

Man, the KHUX sub reddit has quickly become one of the most toxic i've seen for a F2P game

Brandson

On a +25 Olympia I got half a bar away from doing it on the 2 mob. I used RAX, Pooh, Owl, 1 dot ATBM BC Mickey, Poison Mickey Musketeer, and Pug's 100% BC Mickey. I'm 100% sure I'd clear it if I used a ATB2 on my Mickey Musketeer

Tried it using almost this same setup (used a weaker Olympia) and left the target mob with 2 bars left. I got it to 1 bar left with a LL setup. More boosting of my speed medals might get me there, but don't think I'm clearing it this week. Going to try to upgrade my LL to +25 once I clear TT part 4 next time it's available, and try again.

I'm also stuck on a coliseum level that needs all speed medals too. I barely cleared a lower level version of the same mobs at an earlier round, and now they're back and more powerful. At least I should finally have an APP medal after the coliseum wraps up.

My magic medals are better, and was able to clear TW pt5 after a few tries.

Top Bottom