• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

I'm starting to get worried I might drop out of the Top 5000 before the high score event is done. I'm 3915th at this point. Might need to try to find a way of upping my score. I have one Three Wishes setup that has a +49% multiplier for the score that would let me get a better score if I just did the same "kill every enemy except the lvl 230 one" route (with a 35% multiplier before), but I tried it a couple of times and I can't kill the 3 lvl 150 enemies with it. Might try to put sleep or paralyze on Owl and see if that keeps a few of the enemies at bay for long enough for me to not die.

Boogiepop

Okay guys, where should I dump my Chips, Dales, and Cids next? Potential candidates include Limit Form Sora, KH Cloud, Darkside, Timeless River Pete, The Queen, Hag, and I guess Owl.

My currently filled up medals are Laxaeus, BC Mickey, BC Riku, Hades, Muskateer Donald and Mickey, HD Aqua, RAX, and because of not having good draws for a while early on, Stitch (really wish you could transfer that stuff).

Famassu

KH Cloud and Hag are pretty great, at the very least, Timeless River Pete if you are lacking in AOE Power medals, QUeen if you're lacking in Speed AOEs.

sasuke_91

Spent 3000 jewels and pulled a 6* Illustrated Cloud. Is he also top tier like the other Illustrated medals?
Is there a tier list that is frequently updated? I'm not sure if the Reddit one is up to date.

Spent 3000 jewels and pulled a 6* Illustrated Cloud. Is he also top tier like the other Illustrated medals?
Is there a tier list that is frequently updated? I'm not sure if the Reddit one is up to date.

Oooooh, most definitely. One of the strongest single target Power medals out there, get those Chip/Dales in him.

Credo

I've seen the random event 5 or 6 different times and it has been King Louie every time. Why haven't I seen Mowgli even once? I completed all the objectives for Louie, if that even matters.

Edit: Scratch that. It finally appeared. I guess whining on the Internet triggered it.

Boogiepop

Haha, it's not a big deal, but I don't think the game is overly fond of me. I already know that from my largely dicey history of draws, but I decided to reroll 4 times for the hell of it after getting the decent score if 42% on the Jungle Book medal, because it was easy enough to try. Didn't move up an inch. I would be pissed were the medal actually good and/or was only available from the gacha pool, but instead I just had a chuckle at my minor wasted effort.

Also, I've now cleared almost every one of those little challenges (the mickey head ones) in the game. Have to do the last two bosses in the story, the 5 star missions in the Proud quests, and the high rank Adamantite stuff. But yeah, that's pretty noticably cleared out now.

alittlelove

Neo Member
This is getting a bit annoying...
85BVL4L.png

Famassu

Wuuu, new high score 464 364! \o/ I hope that is enough to keep me in the Top 5000. Was already at 4239th place this morning, maybe would've dropped out of the Top 5000 by the time the event ended if I hadn't upped my score. 3209th place now. I hope that's good enough to secure dat GLORIOUS Attack Boost II Max. :3 :3 :3

My setup was:

5* Piglet (with Def Boost II)
6* Owl (for dat 14% score boost)
6* BC Mickey with Attack Boost II & +550 from Chips & Dales
6* Aqua with Attack Boost II & +1000 from Chip & Dales
6* Hag with Attack Boost II & +35 from Chips
6* Illustrated Terra with Attack Prize Plus and something like +450-550 from Chips.

Okay, had a little bit better draw today, new Yuffie (she's my bae, but this version is not a good medal) and two good pips.

Irritation subsiding, slightly.

also

Banned
Wuuu, new high score 464 364! \o/ I hope that is enough to keep me in the Top 5000. Was already at 4239th place this morning, maybe would've dropped out of the Top 5000 by the time the event ended if I hadn't upped my score. 3209th place now. I hope that's good enough to secure dat GLORIOUS Attack Boost II Max. :3 :3 :3

My setup was:

6* Illustrated Terra with Attack Prize Plus and something like +450-550 from Chips.
You have such a great setup that you could get in top 1000.
Ditch BC Mickey and Aqua and put in 2 more medals that give you a score boost. Then give Owl and these 2 medals 1x def boost I (you should have plenty of those) and 2x paralysis. You could also switch def boost I with poison for easier kills.

My setup was
Three wishes lv 24
Master Form Sora (paralysis)
Piglet (Def Boost II)
Musketeer Mickey (Paralysis)
Musketeer Goofy (Def boost I)
Hag (Att boost II, guilted 39% +1000/1000)
Illustrated Terra (Att boost II, +750/750)

I only attacked with Piglet, Hag and Terra and I beat all the enemies easily. Sadly, 63% is not even enough to keep me in the top 1000, but you can get 77% which will be enough. Your Hag is not guilted so you will have to rely on paralysis more and you might even need a healer which will bring you down to 70% but that could still be enough for top 1000. Don't waste this chance.

The best I could get was a 56% bonus, my setup let me kill everything but unfortunately it still wasn't quite enough to get to 600K - my final score was something like 586K :(

creid

My setup was:

I was 3 ranks behind you when I did my best run a few days ago. Guess I'd better check how far I've fallen :/

Famassu

You have such a great setup that you could get in top 1000.
Ditch BC Mickey and Aqua and put in 2 more medals that give you a score boost. Then give Owl and these 2 medals 1x def boost I (you should have plenty of those) and 2x paralysis. You could also switch def boost I with poison for easier kills.

My setup was
Three wishes lv 24
Master Form Sora (paralysis)
Piglet (Def Boost II)
Musketeer Mickey (Paralysis)
Musketeer Goofy (Def boost I)
Hag (Att boost II, guilted 39% +1000/1000)
Illustrated Terra (Att boost II, +750/750)

I only attacked with Piglet, Hag and Terra and I beat all the enemies easily. Sadly, 63% is not even enough to keep me in the top 1000, but you can get 77% which will be enough. Your Hag is not guilted so you will have to rely on paralysis more and you might even need a healer which will bring you down to 70% but that could still be enough for top 1000. Don't waste this chance.
Hmm.. I could switch Aqua to Musketeer Donald for an additional 7%. BC Mickey does give 7% so switching him to the other 7% medals I have wouldn't do much to my score multiplier (and he was in my setup mostly to test out if he'd be better than Musketeer Donald since his Str & Special Attack multiplier are so much higher, just happened to be able to finish the quest with him).

Piglet could in theory give me 14%, but I don't have the Cids to make it equipable with other 6* medals.

Sölf

I am currently only online once per day to get the daily login. Nothing I can really do. Can't beat any of the adamantite quests, can't improve my Highscore, no new story missions, no daily quests. Meh.

Psxphile

Sölf;214831638 said:
I am currently only online once per day to get the daily login. Nothing I can really do. Can't beat any of the adamantite quests, can't improve my Highscore, no new story missions, no daily quests. Meh.

Same. Still got some medals to level up, but nothing that's going to improve my standing in anything.

Boogiepop

This is getting a bit annoying...

Use them?
I'm in this same situation, and yeah, it's not reasonible to use them when I don't have a single guilted non-farmable. Really, we just need them to hurry up and finally give us the darn brooms, so I can force my BC Mickey into Guilt and then use them on that.

Edit: Also, man, I could add 14% to definitely get the Attack Boost II Max and possibly get myself into the top 1000, but it would require 6 starring my Piglett. And at least in my mind, that gain isn't worth effectively ruining my only generic 2 booster. Or I could probably fill a keyblade with things that give a percentage boost if I put like 7 Cids on my Owl for an extra 7%, but I'm thinking that team probably completely clear any of the routes in all likelihood (maaaaaaybe if defense boost II activated on all the attacks from the bigger enemies, but even then I'm not sure). But yeah, I'm not sure if 7 Cids are worth sacrificing for a chance at an Attack Boost II Max, and I'm thinking that wouldn't be enough of score increase to get me in that sweet 1000 and under prize range.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Maintenance coming up. Maybe we'll get that stackable medal upgrade Japan got.

Yessssssss. Hope they won't cheap out on it to force us to buy box space.

I'm in this same situation, and yeah, it's not reasonible to use them when I don't have a single guilted non-farmable. Really, we just need them to hurry up and finally give us the darn brooms, so I can force my BC Mickey into Guilt and then use them on that.

Yep, nothing to use them for :|. I have one non-farmable guilt and it's already at max, and I'm not about to pump Mirrors into a farmable.

I'm a bit miffed right now that a 69% multiplier still isn't enough for me to stay in top 1000 (843 last night, down to 920 now).

also

Banned
Hmm.. I could switch Aqua to Musketeer Donald for an additional 7%. BC Mickey does give 7% so switching him to the other 7% medals I have wouldn't do much to my score multiplier (and he was in my setup mostly to test out if he'd be better than Musketeer Donald since his Str & Special Attack multiplier are so much higher, just happened to be able to finish the quest with him).

Piglet could in theory give me 14%, but I don't have the Cids to make it equipable with other 6* medals.

Hmm, that sucks. You could bring Piglet to 6* and switch out Aqua for a 5* medal with a useful skill. That would leave you at 1.7 but it would make Piglet harder to use in the future.
I'm sure a bonus medal with paralysis or even poison would prove more useful than BC Mickey, especially for the 250 lv enemy. Remember that paralysis also boosts Hag's damage.
If you get at least a 63% bonus and defeat all enemies, you will break 600k and get an Att boost II max as a reward.

Boogiepop

Hmm, that sucks. You could bring Piglet to 6* and switch out Aqua for a 5* medal with a useful skill. That would leave you at 1.7 but it would make Piglet harder to use in the future.
I'm sure a bonus medal with paralysis or even poison would prove more useful than BC Mickey, especially for the 250 lv enemy. Remember that paralysis also boosts Hag's damage.
If you get at least a 63% bonus and defeat all enemies, you will break 600k and get an Att boost II max as a reward.
Just out of curiousity, has a 63% run that kills all the enemies drifted out of the top 1000 yet? I think I mentioned it in my last post, but I'd essentially be trading 7 Cids (by virtue of wasting them on my Owl) in order to get an Attack Boost II Max, which isn't worth it IMO. Now if it could put me in the top 1000 that'd be a different story, but I'm guessing it couldn't...

Also, I didn't realize that the "value deal" of getting enough jewels for a single 10 pull for $15 was only available once a week. In theory that's both nice and awful, because it discourages buying more than 1 pack a week at least, but that value proposition is scary bad if you're weak willed enough to get suckered into the "damn, I didn't get what I wanted, I really just need that one more draw!" cycle in spite of that. (I'm currently being tempted by the lesser version of that, aka "man, I really want to do a daily draw since I think I could do one and still do a 10 draw next time, because it COULD be something good. I mean, it's happened to other people!" despite knowing full well that the daily draws have only given me crap in quite a few draws, and never anything amazing. I really do need to just never touch them again).

also

Banned
Just out of curiousity, has a 63% run that kills all the enemies drifted out of the top 1000 yet? I think I mentioned it in my last post, but I'd essentially be trading 7 Cids (by virtue of wasting them on my Owl) in order to get an Attack Boost II Max, which isn't worth it IMO. Now if it could put me in the top 1000 that'd be a different story, but I'm guessing it couldn't...

I did. 63%, 629k, currently placed just outside 1000. I will probably finish at ~1300. You generally lose 150 positions per day once in the top 1000.

Famassu

Mmh, I don't think I can do it. If I had a guilted Hag, then I'd be pretty certain I could do this but at the moment I just can't deal enough damage to the lvl 230 enemy to be able to beat it before my luck and/or special gauge runs out. If I could have all 6* medals, I could probably be able to do it, but having to "waste" one space on a medal that can't do any damage is really hampering my damage output.

I replaced Aqua with Musketeer Donald for the additional 7% score boost, evolved & max-leveled Piglet for the 14% boost & put Paralyze to the 5* medal I put in the setup (Judy & Nick) in place of BC Mickey, but it seems I have no poisons to meld into any medals, so that sucks. :S With that kind of setup, I couldn't do it, it just takes at least 2-3 turns too long to kill it. I might try again by adding Minnie as the 5* non-score-boost medal, just to see if maybe her Curage will give me the extra 2-3 turns I need to kill the enemy, but currently I'd wager a guess that she won't.

All that said, the extra % from Piglet & Donald did push me over 500k points, which should guarantee me one Attack Boost II Max & Second Change. On 2509th place atm.

Oh well, next problem will be to figure out who'll get the single Attack Boost II Max skill. So many choices.

also

Banned
Mmh, I don't think I can do it. If I had a guilted Hag, then I'd be pretty certain I could do this but at the moment I just can't deal enough damage to the lvl 230 enemy to be able to beat it before my luck and/or special gauge runs out. If I could have all 6* medals, I could probably be able to do it, but having to "waste" one space on a medal that can't do any damage is really hampering my damage output.

I replaced Aqua with Musketeer Donald for the additional 7% score boost, evolved & max-leveled Piglet for the 14% boost & put Paralyze to the 5* medal I put in the setup (Judy & Nick) in place of BC Mickey, but it seems I have no poisons to meld into any medals, so that sucks. :S With that kind of setup, I couldn't do it, it just takes at least 2-3 turns too long to kill it. I might try again by adding Minnie as the 5* non-score-boost medal, just to see if maybe her Curage will give me the extra 2-3 turns I need to kill the enemy, but currently I'd wager a guess that she won't.

All that said, the extra % from Piglet & Donald did push me over 500k points, which should guarantee me one Attack Boost II Max & Second Change. On 2509th place atm.

Oh well, next problem will be to figure out who'll get the single Attack Boost II Max skill. So many choices.

Did you clear the Coliseum boards? There's a poison skill medal there.

also

Banned
Yeah, I did. Already used it on some medal, can't even remember what...
Aww :/
What about def boost I, do you have any spares for Owl? That could keep you alive a bit longer.
Otherwise you could just keep praying to the RNG Gods, sometimes they will show mercy; to 1-turn 3 wishes pt. 5 I needed 80% skill activation over 4 different groups of enemies and I got it in like 6 tries. I guess it balanced out the crappy daily pull that gave me 2 farmables and Bambi.

alittlelove

Neo Member
So... If I 6* another Pooh and then sacrifice a Cid10, I can add another 7% and get to 76%. (And also be terrible at killing anything, but with a little luck it'll probably be okay.)

Is it worth it? I'd always like another AB2Max, but right now I don't even think that multiplier will hold top 1000.

Famassu

Aww :/
What about def boost I, do you have any spares for Owl? That could keep you alive a bit longer.
Otherwise you could just keep praying to the RNG Gods, sometimes they will show mercy; to 1-turn 3 wishes pt. 5 I needed 80% skill activation over 4 different groups of enemies and I got it in like 6 tries. I guess it balanced out the crappy daily pull that gave me 2 farmables and Bambi.
The RNG Gods made me do Olympia's Adamantine Ore quest #2 ~24-27 times (I lost count near the end) before all the correct skills activated in the first turn, only to notice that, no, I still wasn't strong enough to pass the quest. :>

And I actually already have def boost on Owl. I'll try a few times with a healer tomorrow before the event ends, see if that gets me anywhere near killing the lvl 230 enemy no matter what my luck with RNG.

Skittles

So... If I 6* another Pooh and then sacrifice a Cid10, I can add another 7% and get to 76%. (And also be terrible at killing anything, but with a little luck it'll probably be okay.)

Is it worth it? I'd always like another AB2Max, but right now I don't even think that multiplier will hold top 1000.
I'm at rank 900 with a score of 650k, that's with a 73% multiplier. Wouldn't surprise me if I got knocked out. Competition is rough because no one has a weak keyblade going into it

New story missions are a go! Make sure to knock them out before the 0 AP thing is done.

Also, I believe we just got 9 new medals downloaded. Is another Epic Medal Carnival on its way already?

Sölf

I tried the Highscore Challenge once more and finally was able to beat the level 150 group. With a 7% multiplier that brought me from 215k to 334k. :D

Famassu

Sölf;214935837 said:
I tried the Highscore Challenge once more and finally was able to beat the level 150 group. With a 7% multiplier that brought me from 215k to 334k. :D
You know there's a shared Illustrated Terra in our party that can give you another 21% :p

Also, what a pointless 25 story missions those were. The story went nowhere and there weren't even any interesting missions thrown in there.

Sölf

You know there's a shared Illustrated Terra in our party that can give you another 21% :p

Also, what a pointless 25 story missions those were. The story went nowhere and there weren't even any interesting missions thrown in there.

I used Auron because I alone lack the damage to kill even a single one. I am not sure if Auron with 42% Guilt or the Terra would do around the same damage. Could test that, because if not I probably wouldn't be able to survive 3 attacks (unless Defense Boost proccs all three times).

New story missions are a go! Make sure to knock them out before the 0 AP thing is done.

Also, I believe we just got 9 new medals downloaded. Is another Epic Medal Carnival on its way already?

I don't even know how to knock out the last mission before the new story ones. I don't have those premiums :(

xclk07

I believe we just got 9 new medals downloaded. Is another Epic Medal Carnival on its way already?

Last time the new medals were data-mined when the slots appeared, anyone know if that's the case here?
And I am going to be pissed if it's another Epic Carnival and High Score Challenge back to back. We need time to build up jewels between them dammit!

Top Bottom