• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Man, unless Daily Jewels or something roughly equivalent pops up, I'm likely not getting to draw in this Epic Medal Carneval. It's been said before, but they REALLY need to finally have a little mercy and either give us the constant Daily Jewels or the double log-in rewards that Japan has. Instead we're getting more stuff that requires spending with LESS jewels coming in due to the slightly lowered speed of story quests.

Also, how do we still not have the damn brooms?! And yet the magic mirrors keep on flowing, to the point that I now have 20 of the things chilling in my inventory with nothing reasonible to use them on.

c-murph

Man, unless Daily Jewels or something roughly equivalent pops up, I'm likely not getting to draw in this Epic Medal Carneval. It's been said before, but they REALLY need to finally have a little mercy and either give us the constant Daily Jewels or the double log-in rewards that Japan has. Instead we're getting more stuff that requires spending with LESS jewels coming in due to the slightly lowered speed of story quests.

Also, how do we still not have the damn brooms?! And yet the magic mirrors keep on flowing, to the point that I now have 20 of the things chilling in my inventory with nothing reasonible to use them on.

Maybe. But they still have too many Youtube, Twitch and Reddit whales to give in and give us more jewels. Maybe when their funds start to dry a up a bit and they see less profit.

Falk

that puzzling face
So a week ago I was sorely behind the curve (couldn't make 5000 for HSC)

Discovered I had an Illustrated Riku somehow, buffed the living snot out of him and:

- Dropped my HSC rank in the one that just ended from 9000 to 4000 in the last 5 minutes, one attempt (lol)
- Cleared Lady Luck adamantite missions 2, 3, 4 which allowed me to upgrade Divine Rose enough for my shitty Blue deck to clear Three Wishes 3 (can't clear 2, rofl)
- Zoomed through Coliseum to T10/L30 to finally complete both boards/titles for the first time
- Finished off a bunch of old mission objectives involving blue bosses (Possessors and Hades)

and now I'm suddenly competitive again because I pulled one medal.

... this game, lol

Brandson

LL pt5 is so frustrating. I need every single skill to activate on the target mob to win. Hasn't happened yet.

Edit: Griping to GAF never fails. Just cleared it by stacking more buffs. No attack prize plus used in either pt5 keyblade quest clear. I imagine both would be easier with that.

Brandson

For medals that have a higher multiplier if an enemy is afflicted with a particular status effect, does equipping that debuff on that medal give the higher multiplier when the effect procs? Or does it need to come from an earlier medal? Has anyone done actual testing to confirm?

For medals that have a higher multiplier if an enemy is afflicted with a particular status effect, does equipping that debuff on that medal give the higher multiplier when the effect procs? Or does it need to come from an earlier medal? Has anyone done actual testing to confirm?

Status effects only proc on normal attacks, not specials.

Brandson

The plus skills activate on anything, which is probably why he's asking. No one has found an answer to that though

I'm considering putting a Paralysis+ on my guilted Hag to test. There's an Attack Boost 1 on it right now, so not a big loss if it doesn't work out. I'll need to get some baseline test data first.

Famassu

Is there a GAF Vulpes Party? If so, I'd like to join pls. Quote for Name/ ID
We do. If you haven't gotten any invites I'll invite you when I'm home. key Warriors is our party's name.

EDIT: Tried to add you but either you already found a party or you haven't left your previous one.

Ilvocare

So are the Illustrated Aerith/Cid/Yuffie medals considered equivalent in utility to premiums??? Because I might get the Roxas costume instead of pulling the EMC again...

Skittles

So are the Illustrated Aerith/Cid/Yuffie medals considered equivalent in utility to premiums??? Because I might get the Roxas costume instead of pulling the EMC again...
Not really worth it unless you buy both to guilt it. Which at that point it becomes very worth it because there's hardly any good single target magic medals

Falk

that puzzling face
Illustrated premiums like Riku/Sora/etc are going to destroy everything just because they hurt AND buff 2 tiers.

The ava board illustrations are great if you can guilt them (and that's the whole point - they're easy to guilt. Well, 'easy' if you have the jewels or $$$) and they're very efficient single target nukes.

But to answer your question, long term when people start guilting the gacha premiums, no, they're not comparable.

Ilvocare

Not really worth it unless you buy both to guilt it. Which at that point it becomes very worth it because there's hardly any good single target magic medals

So don't go for it unless I can nab all eight...?

Fuck.

Illustrated premiums like Riku/Sora/etc are going to destroy everything just because they hurt AND buff 2 tiers.

The ava board illustrations are great if you can guilt them (and that's the whole point - they're easy to guilt. Well, 'easy' if you have the jewels or $$$) and they're very efficient single target nukes.

But to answer your question, long term when people start guilting the gacha premiums, no, they're not comparable.

> guilting premiums will become part of the power curve

Frankly speaking as someone who's not pulled a single premium medal at all and who's only non-free Reversed medal is fucking Timeless Pete of all medals, my chances for sustained play are looking INCREDIBLY dire...

Falk

that puzzling face
> guilting premiums will become part of the power curve

Frankly speaking as someone who's not pulled a single premium medal at all and who's only non-free Reversed medal is fucking Timeless Pete of all medals, my chances for sustained play are looking INCREDIBLY dire...

Well, when people start getting brooms you bet your ass the first thing they're going to work on guilting are the most powerful medals in their arsenal.

And yes, the game's power walls are a real thing. Brooms are going to only alleviate that somewhat since the semi-rare medals are still serviceable with guilt, but while the have-nots are doing that the haves are pulling even further away.

Well, when people start getting brooms you bet your ass the first thing they're going to work on guilting are the most powerful medals in their arsenal.

And yes, the game's power walls are a real thing. Brooms are going to only alleviate that somewhat since the semi-rare medals are still serviceable with guilt, but while the have-nots are doing that the haves are pulling even further away.

Once I get Brooms I'm gonna guilt Timeless River Goofy and Shadow, since they are each one pip away.

After that, I have no idea. I'll probably move onto Sephiroth, HD Aqua, or Illustrated Sora.

Falk

that puzzling face
Once I get Brooms I'm gonna guilt Timeless River Goofy and Shadow, since they are each one pip away.

After that, I have no idea. I'll probably move onto Sephiroth, HD Aqua, or Illustrated Sora.

It's absurd. My Power deck was the strongest, but after I evaluated it, it really wasn't all that good and propped up by BC Mickey (no pips). All my damaging red medals were sporting ABI, it was grossly SA gauge-inefficient, etc.

My Speed deck did a better job clearing off the last leg of this set of story missions, with Illust. Riku and a lv24 Lady Luck just blowing everything up on the first SA. I don't even want to imagine how it's going to be like when he gets his guilt.

Granted, a lot of that goes yet again back to the damage vs defense mechanics and lv24 Lady Luck has a rather ludicrous 2.1 Upright multiplier on the first slot at lv24.

Also, it's funny because the only reason I deep-dived Speed was I figured it would fit on the Olympia keyblade with BC Mickey on that one Upright Power slot. Then I realized Olympia basically already peaked out at lv22, and I went to go pimp Lady Luck instead.

I see it.

I just relaunched the app and it popped up.

For posterity:
N7OnyT9.png

Falk

that puzzling face
Not the first time though, relaunching prior also fixed this.

Is it just me or is giant enemy crab giving a shit ton of XP this time.

alittlelove

Neo Member
If the status+ skills also activate on ability proc, and skills typically proc before attacks actually hit, does that mean that Hag's ability will get the Paralysis bonus on proc?

Man, I'm loving this weekend raid event w/ 0 AP and 2x Lux. I can just hold down to auto attack and do 125k damage over 3 turns and get 25k Lux for it. Rinse, Wash, Level Up, Repeat. Just hit 220.

CRS

Should I feel bad for wanting to spend my jewels on a 10 pull instead of doing Dailies? Not gonna get the latest Avatar Boards since I don't need another Magic medal and urgently need stronger Speed medals.

Psxphile

Should I feel bad for wanting to spend my jewels on a 10 pull instead of doing Dailies? Not gonna get the latest Avatar Boards since I don't need another Magic medal and urgently need stronger Speed medals.

It's usually worth it to 10-pull if they guarantee at least one epic medal per pull. The current EMC guarantees two epics, one of them being one of the new ones featured. Your chance of getting junk medals like farmables will be the same whether you do the carnival or several dailies, so you might as well go for the one that might guarantee you something good, especially since the pool keeps getting bigger.

Or at least that's how I see it.

Falk

that puzzling face
We might be getting to the point of saturation where 10 pulls are better, depending on which guaranteed medals are featured.

Proooobably not this batch though.

edit: you guys stole my lv220 from me, lol

W4lVnxMl.png

This game really is dog shit in so many ways.

I just tried to "reroll" a maxed out Paine, she was 14% from my original roll. I had two extras from this week's Daily Quests. Both times, 14%.

So like, who goes through that with freebie medals and thinks "Wow, I'd love to put money into this game to max out something else."

It's a tough call, honestly. The guaranteed epic medal is great, but you're losing out on five medals and getting a special attack bonus on a couple of medals is (probably) more valuable for dealing with some of the high end content.

If the freebie medals were out of the jewel pool, it would be no question, take the extras!! But.. ugh.

Then of course, you'd probably end up like me and have medals like Vivi and Minnie almost ready for a special attack bonus.

You know what? IT'S NEVER GOOD, haha.

Falk

that puzzling face
For support medals before putting any pips I'd go with a 5* cost-saver and a 6* version for added damage (and possibly different Scrooges)

I have a 5* and 6* Pooh don't hurt me

Only thing I'm annoyed about right now is that I'm likely gonna be left out of the top 2500 in the coliseum and miss out on APP. The only thing that could get across that threshold is... APP lol ;_;. Made it all the way to round 56, waaaay farther than previous months but not enough.

lyrick

This game really is dog shit in so many ways.

I just tried to "reroll" a maxed out Paine, she was 14% from my original roll. I had two extras from this week's Daily Quests. Both times, 14%.

So like, who goes through that with freebie medals and thinks "Wow, I'd love to put money into this game to max out something else."

This has happened to me so many times with farmable medals that SENA is pretty much guaranteed to never see a dollar from me. I'll just let Dark* carry my ass.

Even my 6000+ jewel hoarding that picked up both ill. Aerith boards resulted in an original roll of 24%, telling me to just hold out for Masks and to set aside that lone other 8th medal for when I need a slightly less efficient single target nuke.

Burbeting

Banned
Power-leveled this weekend from 208 to 225. No interest in leveling further this weekend, it's just too tedious and time-consuming, haha. Waiting for next raid event.

Top Bottom