• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
Power-leveled this weekend from 208 to 225. No interest in leveling further this weekend, it's just too tedious and time-consuming, haha. Waiting for next raid event.

Realistically 220 is the target for Cost nodes. Anything above are virtually insignificant HP upgrades, and a few more AP (...lol)

Realistically 220 is the target for Cost nodes. Anything above are virtually insignificant HP upgrades, and a few more AP (...lol)

They do have Cids/Chips/Dales too, but yeah not really worth spending a bunch of effort for them.

e: I'm too slow ;(

Falk

that puzzling face
Those come over time though. Cost doesn't.

(Obviously leveling via natural AP usage isn't going to come anywhere close to press-and-hold fortress farming)

Boogiepop

I've made it to level 245. That's plenty for now, so I guess I'll finish the relatively pointless leveling needed to max out next time the boss weekend pops up.

Sölf

Bought the first (and only) Aerith board. This will be pretty good in the long run, because I can now make a real single target team with her instead of King Mickey. I only need to upgrade stuff, then I can instantly reduce her cost by 10.

Also, the Ailment+ Stuff, it activates with single target skills? I gave my Poo & Piglet Poison+ and it activated. :0

Famassu

Sölf;215323468 said:
Bought the first (and only) Aerith board. This will be pretty good in the long run, because I can now make a real single target team with her instead of King Mickey. I only need to upgrade stuff, then I can instantly reduce her cost by 10.

Also, the Ailment+ Stuff, it activates with single target skills? I gave my Poo & Piglet Poison+ and it activated. :0
Yes, the status ailment+ skills can activate even when using special skills (I thought it was with AOE skills as well? Haven't tested yet so can't say for certain) and the max activation rate is a bit higher at 54 or 55% than the basic skills, which is only 44 or 45%.

The downside is that it only lasts for one turn whereas the regular ones last for two.

Skittles

This has happened to me so many times with farmable medals that SENA is pretty much guaranteed to never see a dollar from me. I'll just let Dark* carry my ass.

Even my 6000+ jewel hoarding that picked up both ill. Aerith boards resulted in an original roll of 24%, telling me to just hold out for Masks and to set aside that lone other 8th medal for when I need a slightly less efficient single target nuke.
You have to remember that the amount of different guilt rolls possible pretty much doubles between tiers. Tier 1 is 15, Tier 2 is 30, and Tier 3 is 60(don't know tier 4).
Where are people getting these + skills?
The aerith boards

zohar

Neo Member
Yes, the status ailment+ skills can activate even when using special skills (I thought it was with AOE skills as well? Haven't tested yet so can't say for certain) and the max activation rate is a bit higher at 54 or 55% than the basic skills, which is only 44 or 45%.

The downside is that it only lasts for one turn whereas the regular ones last for two.
Yes it activates on AOE skills. It activates on anything. Swipes too.

If the other poster put poison+ on Poohglet, that was a mistake... :/ Best used on a medal you will either swipe with or a cheap gauge medal (RAX is perfect for this)

Sölf

Yes it activates on AOE skills. It activates on anything. Swipes too.

If the other poster put poison+ on Poohglet, that was a mistake... :/ Best used on a medal you will either swipe with or a cheap gauge medal (RAX is perfect for this)

The reasoning behind Poo & Piglet was because that's a medal I have on pretty much every Keyblade because of the +2 STR boost. I don't have enough strong medals so I could offset this boost. So basically, I have this available on all Keyblades.

Razmos

Would the status effect+ skill activate before the move hits? My guilted "does more damage to paralysed enemies" Yuffie medal will be great if so.

LAA

I think I've fell out with this game now. It just feels you either need an extreme amount of time or lots of expendable money. I can't even beat the ava quest now, I get attack boosting medals and it's still not enough. I guess you need to guilt them all, but that just seems require a lot of luck, a lot of time and/or money.
Think I'm just going to watch the story from now on, it's all I'm interested in.

c-murph

So........

What exactly is the difference between a medal that Raises Strength like Pooh (STR +2) and a medal that raises a particular color say KH II Kairi (Spd/Gr +2).

I understand that Kairi only affects Green Speed medals and Pooh can be used for any medal; but is there a difference in the way damage is calculated?

Will Pooh have the same damage boost as Kairi on a Speed Medal? I assume I can combine both for 4x the boost on Speed Medals.

Famassu

Attribute specific buff is x1.25, general buff is x1.20. So nothing overly amazing as far as differences go but if you're on the verge of being able to beat sonething in a single turn, an attribute specific buff might be able to push you over the goal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Attribute specific buff is x1.25, general buff is x1.20. So nothing overly amazing as far as differences go but if you're on the verge of being able to beat sonething in a single turn, an attribute specific buff might be able to push you over the goal.

I always thought color-specific buffs were stronger.

Pooh + Diz (3 ATK) gave more damage than Pooh + Aerith (2 ATK, 1 Blue) in a specific instance.

I'm not sure my understanding of how these buffs interact with enemy defense is anywhere near accurate anymore.

Also (friend medal) BC Mickey with MAB2 and 0, 1, 2, 3 stacks of Attack buff.

0 15574
1 21889
2 25326
3 28565

Strange that there's clearly diminishing returns here. I thought it was something as simple as a linear increase. That's what makes it doubly weird. You'd think if going from 2->3 stacks of atk buff was smaller, that changing from 3atk to 2atk+1color would be an even more pronounced increase.

edit: p.s. it bears specific mentioning that I wasn't testing that blue buff with BC Mickey obviously. lol

Suggests otherwise.

Of course, the interaction could be specific to the enemy I was testing on, but I'm 100% sure I wasn't messing something else up. 3 STR buffs was outdamaging 2 STR and 1 Blue. Granted, it was like 1-2% but that completely goes against the 'current understanding' of 1.2 vs 1.25, not to mention those numbers simply not making sense in my 0 vs 1 vs 2 vs 3 stack.

What definitely is certain though is that buffs (and debuffs) cap at 3, and cancel each other out e.g. a -1 Defense debuff on a 3 Defense buff enemy will result in 2 left.

That certainty does lead to the 'best setup' being a 2 STR and then 2 Color medal for the first two (for people lucky enough to have such medals) since it bypasses the 3-stack cap.

Famassu

It could be that 1x stack for a generic buff is x1.20, stack of 2 is something like x1.45 instead of just +0.2 on top of tier 1 and stack of 3 is x1.75 and then if you add attribute specific buffs those are weaker if it's only one of them. So a 2x generic + 1x coloured buff could be something like x1.45 + x0.25, making it x1.70, which is slightly lower than tier 3 generic buff.

Skittles

Would the status effect+ skill activate before the move hits? My guilted "does more damage to paralysed enemies" Yuffie medal will be great if so.
People have been doing tests on reddit and the boost will occur when the skill activates. The damage is slightly less than an AB2, but it has the added benefit of utility

I think I've fell out with this game now. It just feels you either need an extreme amount of time or lots of expendable money. I can't even beat the ava quest now, I get attack boosting medals and it's still not enough. I guess you need to guilt them all, but that just seems require a lot of luck, a lot of time and/or money.
Think I'm just going to watch the story from now on, it's all I'm interested in.
You can beat ava with guilted farmables and a defense boost healer. Also, are you in an active party?

Falk

that puzzling face
It could be that 1x stack for a generic buff is x1.20, stack of 2 is something like x1.45 instead of just +0.2 on top of tier 1 and stack of 3 is x1.75 and then if you add attribute specific buffs those are weaker if it's only one of them. So a 2x generic + 1x coloured buff could be something like x1.45 + x0.25, making it x1.70, which is slightly lower than tier 3 generic buff.

Also (friend medal) BC Mickey with MAB2 and 0, 1, 2, 3 stacks of Attack buff.

0 15574
1 21889
2 25326
3 28565

You clearly missed the part of the post where I pointed out diminishing returns. Less gain per added stack, not more.

c-murph

Suggests otherwise.

Of course, the interaction could be specific to the enemy I was testing on, but I'm 100% sure I wasn't messing something else up. 3 STR buffs was outdamaging 2 STR and 1 Blue. Granted, it was like 1-2% but that completely goes against the 'current understanding' of 1.2 vs 1.25, not to mention those numbers simply not making sense in my 0 vs 1 vs 2 vs 3 stack.

What definitely is certain though is that buffs (and debuffs) cap at 3, and cancel each other out e.g. a -1 Defense debuff on a 3 Defense buff enemy will result in 2 left.

That certainty does lead to the 'best setup' being a 2 STR and then 2 Color medal for the first two (for people lucky enough to have such medals) since it bypasses the 3-stack cap.

Awesome. That's what I thought. Kairi and Pooh are going to do some damage in the near future.

j3DT8GI.png

RNGods pls

It takes me four individual ABII activations to even reach that point. Really annoying to have to attempt over and over and get screwed by number calculations.

c-murph

Imagine if the game gave us a choice to choose whether the shared medal we are using would be first or last... O.O

Solve a lot the issue with not being able to use Attribute increasing medals.

We should be able to share that shit with our party.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Anyone know where the best place is to farm Mythril Crystals on non-quest days? For some reason I thought those quests were Monday (obviously not :|) and I need at least 3 before end of month.

You clearly missed the part of the post where I pointed out diminishing returns. Less gain per added stack, not more.

Wait, those numbers are saying that there's a 1.4x boost on the the first stack. That's a lot higher than expected.

StarVigil

Can we talk about how it costs 30.000 jewels to get a medal, if "lady luck" is not on your side? How did we go as an industry from a game costing at most 60 bucks to having a game where it is advertised to spend around 200 bucks for one ingame item, that will be outdated at some point. Not even to mention how you need 7 to guilt it.
Like, this game has Mickey Mouse on it's cover. It is supposed to be aimed at children, not dentists or streamers. How is this reasonable at all?

Lnds500

Can we talk about how it costs 30.000 jewels to get a medal, if "lady luck" is not on your side? How did we go as an industry from a game costing at most 60 bucks to having a game where it is advertised to spend around 200 bucks for one ingame item, that will be outdated at some point. Not even to mention how you need 7 to guilt it.
Like, this game has Mickey Mouse on it's cover. It is supposed to be aimed at children, not dentists or streamers. How is this reasonable at all?

People are happy to pay for it.

Skittles

Welcome to F2P games. At least this one guarantees you a medal you want after a certain amount.

Post setups please! :)

-Illustrated Sora with ABII Max
-Pooh & Piglet
-Timeless Goofy with 5 pips (not guilted yet) and ABII, 1000/1000
-BC Mickey with 67% guilt and ABII Max, 1000/1000
-Timeless Pete with 3 pips and ABI
-Friend's KH Cloud with 50% guilt and ABII Max, 1000/1000

Keyblade is Treasure Trove +25.

I should be able to beat this once I give a few more Chips to my Illustrated Sora, which is currently at 0/0.

xclk07

Gee... which friend's Cloud is that? :)

I'm having trouble running out of gauge on both level 5s. Need to see if I can figure a cheaper setup.

Did you use Olympia or Starlight on Starlight 5?

Fortunately, just one Chip was needed!

So now the only Adamantite quest I haven't completed is the Three Wishes one, which I just upgraded to +25 to help me out in that.

I'm debating whether to save the Olympia adamantite (assuming I can get it) for Divine Rose or just put it into Starlight/Lady Luck. Probably gonna go with the former since I already beat the Adamantite quest for Starlight and Lady Luck, so it's not really all that pressing to get them upgraded.

Boogiepop

Ice Titan, Megara, three Black Coat Rikus (that's nice at least, but still not enough for me to guilt), KH Riku, KHII Sora B, Tifa, Dumbo, and Hayner. I... I don't think that was a very good draw. Still no Premiums ever, and isn't Megara not good? Would be nice if they at least removed the not very good medals from the epic pool so your guaranteed epic doesn't have a chance of being crap. :(

Edit: Yeah, the Black Coat Riku is now one away from guilt, so that's something at least. Also, I really hope they're at least SOMEWHAT reasonable and hold off one more cycle for the next Epic Medal Carnival, as I think that'll allow me to get back to enough jewels for a 10 pull, probably.

Famassu

Ice Titan is pretty high up there on the tier list. High base str + high guilt + high-ish special attack multiplier (for an AOE medal). Only downside is the high gauge cost, so it's not useful in all scenarios.

Boogiepop

Ice Titan is pretty high up there on the tier list. High base str + high guilt + high-ish special attack multiplier (for an AOE medal). Only downside is the high gauge cost, so it's not useful in all scenarios.
Yeah, the guaranteed draws from the new pool at least didn't have a straight up crap one, far as I can tell, so I'm not totally bummed. Just kind of disappointed that I only got the one other guaranteed epic and it turned out to be a pretty useless one, when I already feel like I'm falling behind... (Like, Laxaeus is probably my best medal on the tier list (discounting RAX and Piglet for boosts, which I am grateful to have), and meanwhile most other people seem to have at least one premium or something).

Edit: What'd the best current non-weekend place for Sorceror Mickey grinding? I used my spares to get those Rikus I'd gotten into pips on my useable one, but I would like to get that 5 star Ice Titan useable as well...

Famassu

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I do have some really good medals, but all-in-all I've yet to get too many of the highest tier medals. Like, from Speed medals, I have RAX which is put pretty high up there in tier lists, but then the next best thing I have is Illustrated Yuffie. No Marluxias, Sephiroths, Illustrated Rikus or Ventuses or such. From Magic I do have Demyx & Aqua, but I don't have any of the highest tier medals like Illustrated Terra or Sora & Pals or Roxas.

Power is probably the best for me. KH Cloud, BC Mickey, Lexaeus, BC KHII Riku, Musketeer Goofy and such.

My buff-game is somewhat limited. I have Piglet so that does give me a tier 2 buff with a single medal and that's great, but that's with a high gauge cost & weak attack even against the attribute it's strong against. Not that buff medals are supposed to be huge damage dealers, but it can give you those couple of extra inches off a health bar and lead you to a 1-turn victory at times. I don't have Namine or any of the Illustrated attribute specific buff medals.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Edit: What'd the best current non-weekend place for Sorceror Mickey grinding? I used my spares to get those Rikus I'd gotten into pips on my useable one, but I would like to get that 5 star Ice Titan useable as well...

I got about 20 from 270 yesterday while grinding for Mythril Crystals. It's a common-ish enough drop, and the entire stage is walk up to treasure chest, kill, end.

Ice Titan, Megara, three Black Coat Rikus (that's nice at least, but still not enough for me to guilt), KH Riku, KHII Sora B, Tifa, Dumbo, and Hayner. I... I don't think that was a very good draw. Still no Premiums ever, and isn't Megara not good? Would be nice if they at least removed the not very good medals from the epic pool so your guaranteed epic doesn't have a chance of being crap. :(

Edit: Yeah, the Black Coat Riku is now one away from guilt, so that's something at least. Also, I really hope they're at least SOMEWHAT reasonable and hold off one more cycle for the next Epic Medal Carnival, as I think that'll allow me to get back to enough jewels for a 10 pull, probably.

Actually, I would keep Megara around. She's the single-target version of Owl, so you can use her for bosses to lower the gauge cost.

Boogiepop

I got about 20 from 270 yesterday while grinding for Mythril Crystals. It's a common-ish enough drop, and the entire stage is walk up to treasure chest, kill, end.
Thanks, this did it fairly easily.
Actually, I would keep Megara around. She's the single-target version of Owl, so you can use her for bosses to lower the gauge cost.
I wasn't going to junk her or anything, and yeah, I suppose there's some (VERY) limited use for her, so it could be worse... but I already have Owl and don't find him particularly useful, and there's sooooo many medals I would've rather had. But oh well, maybe next time the game will finally pity me and toss me a premium. I can dream, at least...

CRS

I don't care about Multiplayer. Just give me that Inventory update so I can get more medal storage.

That's all I want. Praying that we get it tomorrow

Top Bottom