• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Not only that, chums! http://cache.sqex-bridge.jp/guest/information/20638 True multiplayer coming? I wonder what this means.
I just skimmed it, and I'm sure more thorough translations exist (kinda sleepy right now, otherwise I'd read it more carefully), but the first point is indeed multiplayer (in "field mode, battling heartless" is mentioned), and then the second is saying there will be 3 new worlds, and apparently they'll be Disney worlds that haven't appeared in the series yet, I think. Something like that, and something about Ventus and Maleficent. Like I said, just browsed it, so if this somehow remains unclear through till tomorrow I'll give it a more careful look over for you guys if you want.

Razmos

A new Disney world not yet seen in the franchise? Awesome. Wonder what it could be. And really curious to see how Ventus ties into all this.

Speaking of Disney world's though I'd love a Lilo and Stitch world in unchained, it would look so good in Unchained's art style

Boogiepop

I just skimmed it, and I'm sure more thorough translations exist (kinda sleepy right now, otherwise I'd read it more carefully), but the first point is indeed multiplayer (in "field mode, battling heartless" is mentioned), and then the second is saying there will be 3 new worlds, and apparently they'll be Disney worlds that haven't appeared in the series yet, I think. Something like that, and something about Ventus and Maleficent. Like I said, just browsed it, so if this somehow remains unclear through till tomorrow I'll give it a more careful look over for you guys if you want.
Okay, this was more or less it, but let me correct myself slightly. It specifically mentions that the start of season 2 still lies ahead, but the main story leading there is starting. And to go along with that they're developing 3 new worlds. And this is the part I'm sorry for skimming on, but I believe it says that the 3rd of those in particular willl be for season 2, and THAT is the one that will be the new Disney world to the series (skimmed over that "3rd" part last night in my grogginess).

Also sorry if I misled with those character name drops, but it says in particular that "this is getting a little away from KHUX, but there's meaning to the appearance of Ventus drawn onto the KHX 3rd anniversary card, and Maleficent on the KHX Special" ("tokubetsuhen", to be specific, which as far as I know doesn't have a direct translation, so sorry for the roughness there)

So yeah, sorry if my rough, sleepy go at that threw off anyone's expectations. Probably should've just waited and done it right, so my bad there. Oh, and in case it was unclear, the top screenshot specifies it's part of the map for a new world, and the bottom says it's part of the in-development multiplayer quests.

RalchAC

Okay, this was more or less it, but let me correct myself slightly. It specifically mentions that the start of season 2 still lies ahead, but the main story leading there is starting. And to go along with that they're developing 3 new worlds. And this is the part I'm sorry for skimming on, but I believe it says that the 3rd of those in particular willl be for season 2, and THAT is the one that will be the new Disney world to the series (skimmed over that "3rd" part last night in my grogginess).

Also sorry if I misled with those character name drops, but it says in particular that "this is getting a little away from KHUX, but there's meaning to the appearance of Ventus drawn onto the KHX 3rd anniversary card, and Maleficent on the KHX Special" ("tokubetsuhen", to be specific, which as far as I know doesn't have a direct translation, so sorry for the roughness there)

So yeah, sorry if my rough, sleepy go at that threw off anyone's expectations. Probably should've just waited and done it right, so my bad there. Oh, and in case it was unclear, the top screenshot specifies it's part of the map for a new world, and the bottom says it's part of the in-development multiplayer quests.

Right now they seem to be focused with the worlds the Princesses are from (Agrabah, Wonderland, Beat Castle, Dwarves' World). Two of the new three worlds are Aurora's and Cinderella's. Not that they've been important to the plot so far...

Skittles

If everyone hasn't done so already, I desperately urge you to take a screenshot of your profile for safekeeping. I've seen too many people lose their accounts because they didn't back it up to fb or write down their account number.

Brandson

How do you actually backup to Facebook? I have logged in to Facebook in the khux app but don't see any backup or restore options. Likewise, how does restoring from Facebook work so that you don't inadvertently overwrite backed up data with blank data from a new install? They should really just link this to the Google Play store account.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm assuming that linking your fb account to your KHUX account simply lets the service identify based on your facebook account; it doesn't actually save/duplicate any data to facebook itself.

Famassu

How do you actually backup to Facebook? I have logged in to Facebook in the khux app but don't see any backup or restore options. Likewise, how does restoring from Facebook work so that you don't inadvertently overwrite backed up data with blank data from a new install? They should really just link this to the Google Play store account.
There's an option in the menu screen before you log into the game to restore your game data. "Restore resources" or something. And I don't think it's possible to overwrite your save. The game constantly saves the game when you do anything so it'll always load the most recent save file for you if you swich between saves.

Falk

that puzzling face
Thinking about this as 'saves' is going about it the wrong way. It's like an MMO - everything pertinent to your account is stored server side.

Famassu

Meant to write "if you switch between devices". I mean, essentially it's still a save file you're loading, it's just all saved on a file/files on some server.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Don't forget that maintenance starts in less than 5.5 hours so that means things that expire today will be ending earlier than what the in-game timer shows.

Tidd

Japan got a new premium medal for the 1st anniversary of KHUX with tier 5 guilt.
Guaranteed after 5 pulls. + Every 3000 jewels pull, you will get one of these medals: Pooh & Piglet, Xion, Illustrated Xemnas, Illustrated Mickey or Illustrated Sora
JdnoXgi.png

Famassu

Ah, another medal I'll never get with my Incredible Luck™ Also, tier 5 guilt? What's the max? 150%? 200%?

Btw, now that Illustrated Aeris is done, what are the next likely avatar-board-tied medals we might get?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Japan got a new premium medal for the 1st anniversary of KHUX with tier 5 guilt.
Guaranteed after 5 pulls. + Every 3000 jewels pull, you will get one of these medals: Pooh & Piglet, Xion, Illustrated Xemnas, Illustrated Mickey or Illustrated Sora
Ayyy I think I forgot to take a picture for 1?

Skittles

Ah, another medal I'll never get with my Incredible Luck™ Also, tier 5 guilt? What's the max? 150%? 200%?

Btw, now that Illustrated Aeris is done, what are the next likely avatar-board-tied medals we might get?
It's 150% with a multiplier of like 2.96 I think. Does 4 hits and lowers magic defense by two tiers for the turn. So a pretty amazing medal

CRS

Didn't bother with coliseum too much this month. Only got rank around 4000 but at least that gets me an Attack Boost II medal.

Famassu

I've had so many Attack Boost IIs lately that I don't even know what to use any extra ones for anymore. I could maybe update a couple of medals from Attack Boost I to II but otherwise at this point I'm just probably better saving them for later use. Still haven't even used my Attack Boost II Max. Can'd decide what to use it for. -_-

Ilvocare

I rushed through the colisseum

I was fast enough to make past the 10000s

not fast enough to finish spending all my coins

I was about to buy Cids too

orz

Famassu

So what are we hoping to get out of this period of not being able to play KHUX? 30 000 jewels so that everyone can get at least 1 Illustrated Ven?

Tidd

So what are we hoping to get out of this period of not being able to play KHUX? 30 000 jewels so that everyone can get at least 1 Illustrated Ven?

I would be glad if they introduce Mickey & Brooms as new Colosseum rewards. lol
I know they will be High score rewards for the top 100

Skittles

Meanwhile, I just finished mission 450 with my 1 premium + guilted story medals deck. FeelsPoorMan
Why can't we have nice things?
Premiums aren't even necessary for any of the content in NA right now, unlike in JP where guilted prems are required for many things
What bonuses?

Yes. Share with us all the nice things we're missing out on. Send us even more into despair.
If you played the browser version(chi), then you got bonuses for linking your account with unchained. Chi is closing soon(think it already did), so they did that for people who have been playing chi for awhile

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Downloaded the update on iOS. Now we just have to wait until the maintenance is done in 6 hours.

Top Bottom