• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

I mean, why else would they prioritize the mission that earns you the Strength Bangle?
Would be amazing, makes sense since they said they'd have info about an update this week.

I would do another 10 pull, but I don't trust the game. Gonna save my jewels until we get past the 14th

also

Banned
So I did some testing regarding attack buffs in quest 425. I used illustrated Yuffie (speed) on Ava (magic) on Starlight +21 in the 3rd and 4th slots.

3rd slot (no keyblade boost), each values is an averages of 11 measurements
Speed:
lv.1 -1.17
lv.2 -1.38
lv.3 -1.64

Neutral:
lv.1 -1.39
lv.2 -1.70
lv.3 -1.98

That's right, color specific boosts suck for medals that receive no keyblade boost.

4th slot (keyblade boost), each values is an averages of 2 measurements ( I was getting bored)
Speed:
lv.1 -1.15
lv.2 -1.39
lv.3 -1.64

Neutral
lv.1 -1.31
lv.2 -1.55
lv.3 -1.78

Color specific values remain pretty much the same but the neutral boost now provides a lower but still much better multiplier. I then checked different combination of neutral and color specific boosts and the values do indeed multiply when calculating damage. Some tips for combining neutral and color specific boosts for medals that receive keyblade boosts:
lv. 2 neutral > lv. 1 neutral + lv. 1 color
lv. 1 neutral + lv. 2 color > lv. 3 neutral ~ lv.2 neutral + lv. 1 color
lv.2 neutral + lv.2 color > lv.1 neutral + lv.3 color > lv.3 neutral + lv. 1 color

But the fun doesn't end here. I used illustrated Cid (power) to test how a not-effective medal would fare. Averages of 2 values.
3rd slot (keyblade boost)
Power
lv.1 -1.35

Neutral
lv.1 -1.28

The neutral boost multiplier stays roughly the same as Yuffie's but the color specific one gets a huge increase. A neutral effective medal might have yet another set of multipliers but I'll leave that to someone else. I have had enough number crunching for now. Oh, and the RNG can have a pretty big effect on damage output: I have observed +/- 0.04 on the multiplier, which is ~2-3%. Think about that the next time the enemy has a sliver of health left and you fail to one turn a quest :p

Grinded story missions I was behind on all day to get enough jewels for a second pull. Just, UGGG. Premium medals feel like a pipe dream as a F2P.

0bHX3uG.jpg

sasuke_91

Still up in the air if we'll actually get 'em, but here's a refresher on what M&B medals are and how they're obtained: link

Thanks. I always wondered why everyone was so hyped for these medals.

So I'll have a chance to guilt my Illustrated Cloud without getting another 5 of him? That sounds great.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I did some testing

The more I tested the more confused I got to the exact maths (this was during 0AP, no more testing now thx)

I just concluded that big number base x big number keyblade multiplier = CRUNK DAMAGE, and then you factored in str boosts, color boosts, AB2, etc.

Put another way, if you aren't doing CRUNK DAMAGE (e.g. 1 because enemy has high defense and you're using something stupid like a guilted Stitch with no chipmunks) it's just going to multiply 1 and result in 1.

Falk

that puzzling face
Looks like an accelerated schedule too

I guess they kinda want near-parity around when KH2.8 releases?

There's multiplayer coming for this?
That means all three of the SquareEnix gacha games I F2P are getting multiplayer?

Yep, multiplayer is coming in January for the JP version and February for the global version. Still a while to go, but it is coming. Hopefully it's fun!

Tidd

Announcing sleeping lion before moogle of glory? weird

THAT IS WEIRD?
Not that we get the Proud mode announcement before Mickey & Brooms?
I mean look at this:

They can't really do much to make it harder. Locked in keyblade, no friend medal, and medals without guilt can't have their specials activated. I don't think I'll be getting the Sleeping Lion keyblade.

There's no way any F2P/C2P player will clear this.

RalchAC

THAT IS WEIRD?
Not that we get the Proud mode announcement before Mickey & Brooms?
I mean look at this:

There's no way any F2P/C2P player will clear this.

At this point, the game is just there for a 5% of the population. Enjoy the game for what it is, don't give a shit about their practices and do what you can while ignoring the rest.

And focus on OPTC since it's more f2p friendly

Lnds500

Hang on!

New Main Story Content Starting January 2017???

They are talking about the very next 25 missions will come in January!!!

also

Banned
Where's proud mode?
The more I tested the more confused I got to the exact maths (this was during 0AP, no more testing now thx)

I just concluded that big number base x big number keyblade multiplier = CRUNK DAMAGE, and then you factored in str boosts, color boosts, AB2, etc.

Put another way, if you aren't doing CRUNK DAMAGE (e.g. 1 because enemy has high defense and you're using something stupid like a guilted Stitch with no chipmunks) it's just going to multiply 1 and result in 1.
Did you get similar multipliers to what I got? Or at least neutral > color boost when attacking an enemy weak to your element?

Falk

that puzzling face
Did you get similar multipliers to what I got? Or at least neutral > color boost when attacking an enemy weak to your element?

Yeah, exactly this.

I'm actually wondering if this is because the color multiplier adds to the same coefficient as vulnerability. For example:

IF color is 1.25 (I hear this coeff. being thrown around a lot)

0 stacks = 1.5 on vuln
1 stack = 1.75
2 stack = 2.0
3 stack = 2.25

Which, translated to multiple of base damage at 0 stack would be
0 stacks = 1
1 stack = 1.16667
2 stacks = 1.33333
3 stacks = 1.5

Which might start to explain why it feels like a smaller boost than Str boost. But even then, the numbers don't line up becuse the deficiency isn't nearly as big as 1.2 vs 1.16667.

I DUNNO MAN LOL

Burbeting

Banned
I have right now Luxord on my three wishes last spot (dat reversed boost), but Luxord sucks. Should I replace him with my only other options, Vexen, or leave him be? I don't want to waste ducklings if Vexen sucks too.

I also have a hag with one pip. Is she better?

Falk

that puzzling face
Xaldin is power though?

Vexen is legit terrible though. 3 gauge, better than Yuna (lol) in terms of base stats but we're counting an Org XIII member vs farmable.

Skittles

I have right now Xaldin on my three wishes last spot (dat reversed boost), but Xaldin sucks. Should I replace him with my only other options, Vexen, or leave him be? I don't want to waste ducklings if Vexen sucks too.

I also have a hag with one pip. Is she better?
why do you have a power medal on three wishes? vexen sucks really badly

don't understand why people are so mad about the proud quests (on other forums). that content isn't necessary nor was it even designed with the casual player in mind. not even m&b will help too much for those quests;which is why i find it weird they'd announce it before moogle of glory, since m&b actually helps with those (and it looks like theyre setting us up for m&b)

Boogiepop

Welp, despite the power boost I just got, I can't yet tackle the part 5s for adamantites. Or more accurately, my BC Mickey nukes can't quite manage it with my setup right now. Maybe if I plot it out right I could sneak by, though...

This shall require some thought. Would be nice if I could take out the part 5s, as then I could actually fully upgrade my keyblades in general (for now) instead of needing to pick and choose...

Falk

that puzzling face
Anyone know if e.g. I put Paralysis+ on Old Hag, if it triggers does Old Hag get the bonus?

Should I take one for the team and use my Paralysis+ on Old Hag for science?

Skittles

Anyone know if e.g. I put Paralysis+ on Old Hag, if it triggers does Old Hag get the bonus?

Should I take one for the team and use my Paralysis+ on Old Hag for science?
yes it does, but hag gets more damage from atbII from what i remember. luxord is the one who benefits the most so far

Burbeting

Banned
why do you have a power medal on three wishes? vexen sucks really badly

don't understand why people are so mad about the proud quests (on other forums). that content isn't necessary nor was it even designed with the casual player in mind. not even m&b will help too much for those quests;which is why i find it weird they'd announce it before moogle of glory, since m&b actually helps with those (and it looks like theyre setting us up for m&b)

I mistyped Luxord as Xaldin. So yeah, I have a Luxord there, tries to put Old Hag for test, tho.

Falk

that puzzling face
yes it does, but hag gets more damage from atbII from what i remember. luxord is the one who benefits the most so far

It's actually more of 'I really want Paralysis to clear stuff but I can't fit it on my deck' than anything.

Minnie with APP lol

Falk

that puzzling face

Coming back to this, I'm actually PRETTY sure now that STR boost multiplies before deducting enemy defense.

Activating Pooh on the current HSC makes all subsequent medals hit for 2k instead of 200 on the lv200 hammer near the start.

edit: bad double post :(

CRS

Would it be awkward to put APP on Terra since he only increases Magic Damage? I didn't get a RAX medal so I'm not sure what to put it on.

Ilvocare

Pulled today-ish!

I'm so fucking happy to have gotten Alice and a real Reversed medal after so long, and Cogsworth is probably one of the better medals to snag from the guaranteed lineup, even if he nearly obsoletes KH Aerith. White Rabbit can help with extra speed boosts that I've been craving (after I raise him up), and I can finally fuse another King Mickey to my original!

KH Riku can get a bone, too, although he's still worse than Timeless River Pete there... Simba and Dumbo're crap. I should probably focus on getting KH1 Cloud to speed, since I'm pretty sure with him being a dupe, that means he beats my current Leon.

Question on Hades: How good is he, and is he worth slotting into my Reverse slot for Three Wishes? This is speaking as someone so miserably far behind that he's just NOW starting to clear Adamantite Part 2 quests...

also what the fuck am I supposed to do with another goddamn Minnie, she's already pipped to hell and back on her 5* form

EDIT: Bonus question: I have enough jewels to pull again. Should I pull or should I wait for the next big thing and save these?

Psxphile

EDIT: Bonus question: I have enough jewels to pull again. Should I pull or should I wait for the next big thing and save these?

Who knows when we'll ever see that TVA medal again. If it were me I'd pull for the slim chance of getting at least ONE of their Illustrated variants so I can be gifted the other medal in due course.

EDIT: unless of course you've already got one of the Illustrated and I missed it, in which case disregard... but then you can try to get multiples...

So I have been saving jewels for basically forever and did some pulls hoping to get an Illustrated to also get the other guaranteed later....had enough for 9 pulls....and 9 pulls gave me 0 :(. Bought gems to get a 10th just so I could get the Aqua...ugh never spending money on this game again lol.

I was all excited that I got Belle for the High Score Challenge, but then I realized I would have to 6★ her.

Ah well, I have four of the lesser bonuses and all I really want is to max out a Shadow medal.

xclk07

Coming back to this, I'm actually PRETTY sure now that STR boost multiplies before deducting enemy defense.

Activating Pooh on the current HSC makes all subsequent medals hit for 2k instead of 200 on the lv200 hammer near the start.

edit: bad double post :(

Have you/anyone done the numbers on a 2+ neutral plus 1+ neutral (e.g. Pooglet and RAX) vs. a 2+ neutral plus 2+ color (e.g. Piglet and Cogsworth)?

Assuming the 4 total is always bigger than the 3 total, but with the above discussion, it makes me question that assumption briefly.

Boogiepop

also what the fuck am I supposed to do with another goddamn Minnie, she's already pipped to hell and back on her 5* form
If you have the space, it's not 100% useless to start building up a 6 star one for eventual possible guilt. Wouldn't be a huge bonus, but say if you're already bringing along a 5 star already, it would technically be worth throwing on there. Also, I think people said that in proud mode quests you can only use the skills on guilted medals or something, so if you happen to somehow get to that point down the line, that'd be useful as well.

So yeah, not great, but not 100% useless.

Edit: Btw, to people discussing such things, is it correct in thinking that BC Mickey doesn't benefit from a red specific color boost? Was excited thinking my shiny new Illustrated Sora would make for a better nuke from that, but it doesn't seem to do anything far as I can tell, I guess because the actual damage is colorless. That's a shame...

alittlelove

Neo Member
Edit: Btw, to people discussing such things, is it correct in thinking that BC Mickey doesn't benefit from a red specific color boost? Was excited thinking my shiny new Illustrated Sora would make for a better nuke from that, but it doesn't seem to do anything far as I can tell, I guess because the actual damage is colorless. That's a shame...

Yeah, Illustrated Sora's boost isn't going to apply. On the flip side, type-specific defense boosts on enemies don't apply either.

edit: Day 150 jewel bonus pushed me over 3000, got lucky:

RalchAC

Sooo I decided to do the HSC today even if I didn't have everything ready. Used the following team:

BC Riku, Pooh, Lumiere, Aqua, Aladdin, Illustrated Aqua (Friend). Got around 380k (I only managed to kill the Hammer dude). Used the rewards to finally guilt my Shadow (I got 75%! Not bad I guess).

I want to try a new team tomorrow that uses the following units:

BC Riku, Pooh, Lumiere, Ill. Aerith, Shadow, Ill. Aqua (Friend).

And hope I can get a better result. If that doesn't work, I may change BC Riku for Minnie or something like that.

How does my strategy sound?

Psxphile

Huh. I had already assumed that was the case, so I was a little confused seeing everybody act like it was going to be added in the following week. Gives them about 4 months time to introduce Moogle of Glory and Mickey & Brooms.

Did a 3000 pull yesterday and did a multi. Pulled an Illus. Terra. I think that's good, but i haven't been putting much time into this game

Top Bottom