• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I knew this high score challenge was different from the rest of them.

I have a massive +91% bonus going into this one, and after defeating every enemy I only score 720k. That is two tiers below the top prize.

Hilariously enough, I'm now 78th in ranking. Even most whales cannot reach that top tier.

And this is my set-up:

6* Cogsworth
6* Lumiere
6* Belle
6* Timeless River Goofy w/ Attack Boost II, guilted at 86%, 1000/1000
6* Illustrated Aqua
6* Illustrated Aqua friend medal

On an Olympia +25.

That's right, you'll most likely need two Illustrated Aquas in order to reliably break 750k, because replacing my TR Goofy with another Cogsworth/Lumiere/Belle (a total waste of Cids) to get a +98% bonus will only make me barely hover around the max tier threshold (for comparison's sake, I got 567k with a +56% bonus, so I'd only get about an extra 30k per extra +7%).

Heck, take a look at the current top ten. Everyone except for the top two guys have a score of less than 800k.

In other words, this particular HSC is dumb. They did not at all properly balance the reward tiers to the score you can actually obtain.

Boogiepop

The keeping of your score if you die in the new Hi Score challenge is both a blessing and a curse, because it's nice for obvious reasons, but means you need to go back to the old ways of needing to refill your keyblade when you die. Anyway, my whale spree allowed me to hit 80% reasonably (could go for more if I really wanted to waste the Cids, but it doesn't seem worth it). Dying on the Cannon (stupid paralysis and poison did NOT want to activate on it, and the boosted attack one shotted me when Defense Boost also didn't activate) after killing everything else but the "target" got me up to 592 place. I'm hoping that when I actually get a run that works out right and I kill everything with this setup, it'll hold me in the top 1000 this time around, as that'd be nice.

Ah crap, I'm thinking in Dokkan Battle terms :/ I meant a 10 medal pull
Oh I see. It is a good medal btw. Illustrated Terra is a super strong one and now that you have one you'll be getting an even stronger Terra, Ventus, and Aqua medal later on which is also super strong. So basically i hate you and I want to cry.

also

Banned
Coming back to this, I'm actually PRETTY sure now that STR boost multiplies before deducting enemy defense.

Activating Pooh on the current HSC makes all subsequent medals hit for 2k instead of 200 on the lv200 hammer near the start.

edit: bad double post :(
Aaahhh. Someone extract the damage formula already!

Have you/anyone done the numbers on a 2+ neutral plus 1+ neutral (e.g. Pooglet and RAX) vs. a 2+ neutral plus 2+ color (e.g. Piglet and Cogsworth)?

Assuming the 4 total is always bigger than the 3 total, but with the above discussion, it makes me question that assumption briefly.
That's actually the best way to stack 4 boosts based on my testing.

Boogiepop

Well, killing everything at 80% got me down to 358th place in the hi score challenge. Hopefully that'll hold me in the top 1000, as I really don't feel like spending a mountain of Cids pointlessly on upping my percentage.

also

Banned
Well, killing everything at 80% got me down to 358th place in the hi score challenge. Hopefully that'll hold me in the top 1000, as I really don't feel like spending a mountain of Cids pointlessly on upping my percentage.
At most you will drop ~150 places a day so you're safe.

Oh I see. It is a good medal btw. Illustrated Terra is a super strong one and now that you have one you'll be getting an even stronger Terra, Ventus, and Aqua medal later on which is also super strong. So basically i hate you and I want to cry.

Oh, well that's good to know about the medal, and um.... your username is appropriate ( ._.) .....

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk's Odyssey - Pooh And The Poison+ EPISODE 2
~A Tale of Epic Struggle, Heartache, Triumph, and Realizing Your Blue Deck Also Sucks And Doing HSC With The Green Deck Instead~

After a moderately successful pilot episode, hijinks continue.

I was trying to figure out how to breach some decent numbers on the HSC with my blue deck, considering I was having problems with the hammer at the start. Even went to the extent of putting paralysis on the Old Hag medal to sneak by.

Best score was 380000 with a 49% multplier.

Then I said screw all this shit, I'm gonna try the green deck. Put Lumiere in there, didn't use him once, put Pooh in there but had to be very frugal with SA gauge (his poison did proc a fair bit though!) and it went to struggling on the hammer to just straight out 1-rounding it; final score 380000 got up to:

ZyTTyzFl.jpg

tl;dr version HOW TO PROGRESS IN THIS GAME

1) pull a premium illustrated medal
2) upgrade the corresponding color keyblade to +25
3) do all content with that keyblade regardless of vulnerability because lol @ this damage formula vs high level enemies. (keyblade mult >>> element bonus)

edit: why is there a volume icon on the screenshot

Ilvocare

^ so you're screwed out of luck if you don't have keyblades up in the +25 area, got it

Check out these editorials: Where SENA Went Wrong with Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

I for one had no idea JP KHUχ only had you 1-turn the target enemy for the story missions (and possibly event quests too?).

I just realized: has the JP version kicked free medals out of their gacha pool yet?

also I think you're the only one who's pushing me to pull again

I might do it tomorrow, but like if it ends up disappointing I'll have wasted so many free jewels

I don't have a single premium and my only usable Reversed medals are Hades and Timeless River Pete so like yeah

Falk

that puzzling face
^ so you're screwed out of luck if you don't have keyblades up in the +25 area, got it

If my maths isn't wrong it takes 11 Adamantite to get a single keyblade up to +25.

Unless all of them have been upgraded to +23 and then the rest of the adamantite missions are a wall then Houston we have a problem

Malyse

Check out these editorials: Where SENA Went Wrong with Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

I for one had no idea JP KHUχ only had you 1-turn the target enemy for the story missions (and possibly event quests too?).

I mean, I've been saying JP is better for a while now. Of the releases [chi] > UXJP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UXNA

If we were lucky, they would remake [chi] as a tablet app.

Churro

I just realized: has the JP version kicked free medals out of their gacha pool yet?

also I think you're the only one who's pushing me to pull again

I might do it tomorrow, but like if it ends up disappointing I'll have wasted so many free jewels

I don't have a single premium and my only usable Reversed medals are Hades and Timeless River Pete so like yeah

When JP version launched, players could obtain Friend Points from using partner medals. These points could be used in the Friend Point Draw, which was a special draw that offered only farmable medals, and low-rank Ducklings, Moogles, Chips and Dales.

Because this draw was available, there was no need to include farmables in the Premium Draw, so they were never offered there to begin with. Eventually the staff realized that the Friend Point Draw was, for all intents and purposes, useless after about a player's first month of playing, and phased it out.

Short version: No, farmables aren't in JP Premium draws.
Long version: Farmables were available in a separate draw and could be pulled with points obtained in-game. This draw was eventually removed.

If you have any questions or wanting updates, please follow KH Insider's KHUX twitter account, they can help! http://twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

Ilvocare

When JP version launched, players could obtain Friend Points from using partner medals. These points could be used in the Friend Point Draw, which was a special draw that offered only farmable medals, and low-rank Ducklings, Moogles, Chips and Dales.

Because this draw was available, there was no need to include farmables in the Premium Draw, so they were never offered there to begin with. Eventually the staff realized that the Friend Point Draw was, for all intents and purposes, useless after about a player's first month of playing, and phased it out.

Short version: No, farmables aren't in JP Premium draws.
Long version: Farmables were available in a separate draw and could be pulled with points obtained in-game. This draw was eventually removed.

If you have any questions or wanting updates, please follow KH Insider's KHUX twitter account, they can help! http://twitter.com/Daybreak_Town

Oh wow, that just makes NA look like complete trash then. Wonderful!

Brandson

Some things that worked for me for this HSC:
- have poison or poison+ on one medal, and any defense boost on another (poison works really well on the high defense mobs)
- a dispel medal for when hammer buffs up after round 1, and to dispel the wardrobe in the first round

I have trouble defeating the cannon right at the end of the stage with a high point % bonus medal setup though. Currently rank 418 with 662k points.

Did one final pull on the Aqua EMC. Didn't get one of the three but I pulled a Saix so that's okay I guess. *tries not to cry, cries a lot* Time to play the Japanese version.

Skittles

If my maths isn't wrong it takes 11 Adamantite to get a single keyblade up to +25.

Unless all of them have been upgraded to +23 and then the rest of the adamantite missions are a wall then Houston we have a problem
since divine rose was added all the way, you can get 11 fairly easily(skipping TW pt 2). Can get well over 20 if someone in your party has a guilted bc mickey, or something similar.
Nah, our login bonuses were complete trash compared to what you had and have now.
You mean when JP gave out friend points and munny for logging in?

A majority of those complaints are quite meh and the comparisons done don't take into account the different game states. I do agree that our login bonus should be upped now though. Find it still weird that people are clamoring for M&Bs and state how early JP got them as a reason for why we should have them. Even though the reason they were made in the first place was because premiums did not come back in future epic medal carnivals, so guilting them was impossible if you didn't whale out. We also still don't have even content which requires more than single guilted epic. Perfect time to drop them would be when we get the moogle of glory quests.

Is this game any good? I've played every game with the exception of maybe one or two of them (3D and maybe some other spin-off).

I mostly want to play this with a friend of mine, how's the co-op/ multiplayer?
gameplay is asynchronous like the majority of F2P games. That's gonna change come very early next year though. Game is pretty good for what it is.

Shoutout to Falk for the idea of using shadow for this. Made clearing the HSC easy enough to the point of me not needing a healer.

Currently around rank 1760 on the high score challenge, probably going to drop out of the top 2000 with before the end. I could add another 7% to my multiplier, but it would mean losing my attack prize plus, which I was somewhat relying on. Probably worth a shot at least, I will have to get very lucky with paralysis procs though.

Edit: And I managed to pull it off omg. 559k, puts me at 1391 currently. Still could fall out for sure but my chances are much better.

Ava Pug

I've noticed the Cannon guy at the end of the level, it's defence buff drops off after the first turn so that helps with my specials gauge.

edit:
This is my setup with 730k score. I'd need to get another Illustrated Aqua to break 750k.

Buffs are DB2, AB2Max, Poison+, Poison and Paralysis.

Falk

that puzzling face
Shoutout to Falk for the idea of using shadow for this. Made clearing the HSC easy enough to the point of me not needing a healer.

Right, if it wasn't clear to people, Shadow, BC Mickey, etc with colorless damage do not benefit from PSM boost, but neither are they affected by PSM Def Up that the Cupboard and Cannon lv200 have. Considering the scaling, it actually works out better damage, and Shadow is a 1-gauge thing.

Malyse

Noticed another reward from [chi]. I got a bunch of skip tickets that let me bypass stages before I play them.

Just bypassed a few proud mode stages.

CRS

The Skip Ticket IIs?

OJdriPU.jpg

Was able to improve my score hopefully securing my spot for the 2nd tier reward. Too bad I couldn't get in that top 200 though.

Malyse

The Skip Ticket IIs?

OJdriPU.jpg

Was able to improve my score hopefully securing my spot for the 2nd tier reward. Too bad I couldn't get in that top 200 though.

They said [chi] when I got them. Took a bit to figure out what they were.

Hey, sorry for the newbish post, still trying to learn tiers. Did a 3000-grand carnival pull, can someone take a quick look and see if these are as good as I hope them to be?

Everything in that pull is good except for Pluto, and the ones that are definite keepers are Xaldin, Belle (keep her at 5* unless you wanna do the high score challenge), and especially Illustrated Ventus.

You're gonna receive a new free medal soonish for having an Illustrated Ventus, by the way.

Famassu

From the top 4000 in the last HSC to Top 25 000 in this. How the very
much not
mighty have fallen. I could probably do better but, bleh, fuck it, can't be bothered to try to get better.

Also, as a desperate attempt to get at least one Illustrated BBS moron, did a 600 jewel pull. Got my third Hag (two pips now, yay), third Timeless River Pete (two pips as well, how very exciting) and my fifth Vivi (four pips, Vivi gonna be my first non-bought, non-event related guilt). No TVA medal for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lnds500

From the top 4000 in the last HSC to Top 25 000 in this. How the very
much not
mighty have fallen. I could probably do better but, bleh, fuck it, can't be bothered to try to get better.

Also, as a desperate attempt to get at least one Illustrated BBS moron, did a 600 jewel pull. Got my third Hag (two pips now, yay), third Timeless River Pete (two pips as well, how very exciting) and my fifth Vivi (four pips, Vivi gonna be my first non-bought, non-event related guilt). No TVA medal for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe I spent something like 5400-5600 F2P jewels this EMC trying to get a BBS premium, no luck.

Famassu

I broke my rule and spent 3000 bought jewels in addition to the 3000 free ones on a randomized pull just because I wanted the Illustrated Aqua and TVA medals so bad. Two 10 medal pulls and one 3 medal pull and no Illustrated medals.

I learned my lesson. Never again will I spend money on randomized crap. It needs to be either another avatar board that I know exactly what I'm getting with or at least something like the BC Mickey deal that at least gives a single guaranteed medal that I think is worth having.

Malyse

I broke my rule and spent 3000 bought jewels in addition to the 3000 free ones on a randomized pull. Two 10 medal pulls and one 3 medal pull and no Illustrated medals.

I learned my lesson. Never again will I spend money on randomized crap. It needs to be either another avatar board that I know exactly what I'm getting with or at least something like the BC Mickey deal that at least gives a single medal that I see worth having.
I save everything for the 900 jewel deal. It was great in JP and will likely be pretty good here.

Playing the game is torture today. Not only do they have the little banner at the bottom advertising the EMC but now there's a little ticker on the home screen about it too. Just leave me alone, KHUX!

Boogiepop

So I guilted my Shadow and rolled 88%, which doesn't seem bad. Once I get my prizes, I'll have an extra 4 of the things. Do you guys think I should use them all on rerolls, or save them for the possibility of getting a few more for a second guilted Shadow if another Hi Score Challenge with them pops up in the future? I'm just thinking that the rerolls may give kind of meh benefit, while it could be nice to have a second of these, based on what people have said about Proud mode...

Skittles

Do you get any point bonuses for doing 1-round kills in HSC as opposed to multi-rounds?
No. You only get score for doing damage past an enemy's life. So nuking them with something like a cid or yuffie when they're at 1 hp gives you a lot of bonus(any medal that does big damage in one hit). So your score can vary slightly from the random damage medals can do.

Falk

that puzzling face
Shadow is incredibly versatile considering it's colorless, easy to guilt, and 1 SA.

The problem is finding places to put it, since it's reverse/green medal multiplier dependent.

Ilvocare

I pulled again late last night.

Never again, it was atrocious.

I don't even want to post the screen I took of it, I'm so salty.

RalchAC

Shadow is incredibly versatile considering it's colorless, easy to guilt, and 1 SA.

The problem is finding places to put it, since it's reverse/green medal multiplier dependent.

Yeah, both he and Ill. Aerith where the MVPs in the latest high score challenge. I'm even considering guilting a second one (mine has 75%, the max guilt is 100% right?)

I actually completed the 4th Divine Rose and Olympia Adamantite quests w/o APP surprisingly. So all of my Keyblades are +24 besides Starlight which is at +21.

Falk

that puzzling face
APP doesn't seem TOO useful in against regular mobs. I've had it give back 1-2 gauges at most. Granted, it's on Minnie for me rather than an AOE mob.

It's been pretty great as a perpetual motion machine enabler for raid bosses and the like though.

Ilvocare

Fuck it, I lied. I'm posting screens.

On the one hand, hooray, Reverse medals. On the other hand, Queen looks underwhelming as fuck, and Titan's expensive...

Lumiere's alright, and another pop for Aerith is nice, but the rest? Gross.

I can't believe I'm one copy away from guilting Cap Goofy jfc

I got salty so much, I pulled a Daily.

I feel slightly better about this since KH Kairi is a good fucking get, and this makes Queen slightly better. But yeah, overall underwhelming.

I'm never nabbing a Premium smh

Top Bottom