• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

MiTYH

Everything in that pull is good except for Pluto, and the ones that are definite keepers are Xaldin, Belle (keep her at 5* unless you wanna do the high score challenge), and especially Illustrated Ventus.

You're gonna receive a new free medal soonish for having an Illustrated Ventus, by the way.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of the free medal coming (I only just started this week), so that's exciting! Now to just level up these keyblades enough to actually use some of these medals together...

What's the reasoning for keeping Belle at a 5-star form? I don't doubt your judgement, more curious so I can learn

APP doesn't seem TOO useful in against regular mobs. I've had it give back 1-2 gauges at most. Granted, it's on Minnie for me rather than an AOE mob.

It's been pretty great as a perpetual motion machine enabler for raid bosses and the like though.

1-2 gauges would have allowed me to finish this a while ago and I do have a sweet RAX medal hankering for it at that. Lord only knows I'll need it for the 5th set of missions because good grief.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of the free medal coming (I only just started this week), so that's exciting! Now to just level up these keyblades enough to actually use some of these medals together...

What's the reasoning for keeping Belle at a 5-star form? I don't doubt your judgement, more curious so I can learn
Mainly due to the fact that buffers/debuffers are really weak medals in terms of attack which is the main benefit of leveling up to 6* from 5* and not worth the extreme cost jump (14 to 46) which maxes out at around 183.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Didn't get Sephiroth or Ice Cream Roxas but Kairi though. <3

Ugh Brb editing, sucks n mobile
TknGvzl.jpg

YSNQFer.jpg

kMzObMk.jpg

CRS

Holy crap, I'm guessing that's JP since I know we don't have plenty of that, but looking at those pulls, is that some absolutely insane draw offer or something?

If it's still the anniversary pull, then yes. I think they had a deal where each pull had a guaranteed premium out of a pool of 6 medals or so.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Holy crap, I'm guessing that's JP since I know we don't have plenty of that, but looking at those pulls, is that some absolutely insane draw offer or something?

You're guaranteed one of five premium reprints (Illustrated Kairi, SP Roxas, Sephiroth, Illustrated Riku, Illustrated Aqua). Illustrated Sora ver. B (3 gauge AOE with 2 tier 2 turn speed buff, tier 5 guilt) is also guaranteed by the 5th pull.

Didn't get Sephiroth or Ice Cream Roxas but Kairi though. <3

Ugh Brb editing, sucks n mobile

SP Roxas is actually the worst of the bunch though? You got the two best of the five there.

Primus

We're getting another two week event starting tonight, a Beauty and the Beast event to go along with those datamined Belle & Beast medals.

Cr1vxk-XgAAXNoG.jpg:large

We're getting another two week event starting tonight, a Beauty and the Beast event to go along with those datamined Belle & Beast medals.

Cr1vxk-XgAAXNoG.jpg:large

I remember reading on the Wikia page that these medals are not all that special. Maybe it'll change now that we've come a long way?

Falk

that puzzling face
As much as people bitch about the medal changes vs Japan, the changes (both in power level and acquisition type) have almost always 100% made sense for the global version of the game and where average progression is.

On the flipside, there's this precedent where reverse event medals are awesome and upright event medals... leave something to be desired.

(Dwarves and jungle book what in the hell)

edit: Correct me if I'm wrong but most Reverse have come from HSC while upright come from farm/progression type events, right? That might also be why.

RAX, Shadow, Darkside vs Snow White, Zootopia, Jungle Book, etc.

edit: nevermind, brainfarted and totally forgot about Cards & Queen of Hearts

Primus

I remember reading on the Wikia page that these medals are not all that special. Maybe it'll change now that we've come a long way?

Considering their track record with recent event medals (and the fact that the JPUX versions are pretty terribad), it wouldn't surprise me if they get changed around a bit.

Skittles

holy shit, this org XIII deal is actually ridiculous. You get 5 Org XIII medals and they have the chance to be boosted

I did this yesterday. Why is it a trap?

I was also thinking of putting Sleep+ on Tifa and Poison+ on Valor Form Sora.
falk got a paralysis proc and the enemy still attacked him. Just bad luck, it's worth it on some medals

Ilvocare

holy shit, this org XIII is actually ridiculous. You get 5 Org XIII medals and they have the chance to be boosted

GOD FUCK SHIT DAMN AGH

Why didn't I save my other 3k pull?!?!?

[whining noises]

Also I did so fucking poorly on the HSC that I killed everything but the level 200s and ended up in 25000th or so place

Heck yeah fucking TRASH

EDIT: I just realized that I could've swollen my score so bad if I had just fought the hammer frame at the end and gone for broke instead of pursuing out with the target

Fuck

Primus

Considering their track record with recent event medals (and the fact that the JPUX versions are pretty terribad), it wouldn't surprise me if they get changed around a bit.

And that's what I get for opening my mouth. Looks like the medals are unchanged. Yay freebies but bleah.

Falk

that puzzling face
ok gaf i'm tempted to drop $15 mid week

"why not on monday" you ask

$15 again on monday

someone stop me

CRS

This event is great just for the mere fact that it has Divine Rose mats for cheap AP.

ok gaf i'm tempted to drop $15 mid week

"why not on monday" you ask

$15 again on monday

someone stop me
The Weekly Unlock isn't worth the money unless more Events are added like the Chip and Dale or Upgrade Your Medals events.

And if you do it now, you're missing out on 12 Cids and only getting 9. It would have been better if you did it yesterday, bot foolish if you do it now.

CRS

Don't do it Falk. That's probably less chance than getting a premium. Did you try the last Carnival? Did you get any premiums?

Edit: Rip

Burbeting

Banned
Soo the only way to get the Prince & Belle medal is to grind the shit out of these event missions? Because you need like 8000 event coins to reach it, and standard run gives you like max 50-80. Is that medal worth anything? The standard sweetheart beasts feels shitty and outclassed by multiple medals.

Soo the only way to get the Prince & Belle medal is to grind the shit out of these event missions? Because you need like 8000 event coins to reach it, and standard run gives you like max 50-80. Is that medal worth anything? The standard sweetheart beasts feels shitty and outclassed by multiple medals.

The legendary mission gives out like 500+ per run, so it wouldn't take that long if you just do that.

Razmos

That deal is fantastic. Shame I wasted all my jewels and some money on the shitty aqua banner.

It can wait until Monday. I hope I get some Xaldin's. Being able to guilt him would be awesome since he's like Black Coat Mickey. Saix would be cool too, especially boosted

That deal is fantastic. Shame I wasted all my jewels and some money on the shitty aqua banner.

It can wait until Monday. I hope I get some Xaldin's. Being able to guilt him would be awesome since he's like Black Coat Mickey. Saix would be cool too, especially boosted

You mean Xigbar.

Anyways, I don't know what the point of the Prince & Belle medal is. So it's the same as Sweetheart Beast but can't be guilted? Why even have it?

I'm about 3000 event coins away from clearing the first board, so whatever.

Skittles

I'll clarify that a special attack bonus of 3 refers to the guilt tier. they don't come with 3pips (otherwise it'd say strengthened), just thought I'd clear that up since I've seen people confused

How the f are you supposed to defeat any of the cannon guns though, lol.

The only one where I have to rely on RNG is the double 220 level Cannons, where I'll need at least one Defense Boost II activation.

All the other ones I can tank through no matter what then just use my BC Mickey to take care of them. It's a pretty quick process, really.

Anyways, that's just me, but it should be doable. Use Defense Boosts, Second Chance, inflict statuses, etc. You can do it!

Burbeting

Banned
I dont have second change though, rip. Just one DB2 medal as well, although that doesn't help much since just one Cannon does around 10K damage per hit...

Just because I wasn't able to start the game until later (thanks europe) I feel like I'm behind the curve in everything :(.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've got an Old Hag 1pip, Vexen, Luxord, Yuffie 3 pips

I should just try to make a blue Paralysis deck lol

RalchAC

Defense Boost, Healing, and status effects. Just treat it like a high tier Coliseum level.

IIRC, the Cannons have type-specific boosts, right? So units with typeless damage like Shadow and BC Mickey should work decently as well.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I only tried the stage once and it kicked my but.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's indeed correct, but they *are* on absurd levels/defense regardless. You probably want a lv25 keyblade to begin with.

Barring that, just farm an easier difficulty. Them's the breaks.

Sölf

This new event. How many coins to the 200 Cannons give? I can't kill them without continues, so I am stuck with getting ~100 per beating the level 150 ones.

Boogiepop

Wait, when are we getting the TVA medal? Figured they were going to give it to use after the Epic Medal Carnival ended, but... I guess not?

Also, there Behemoth medals are good to just combine, right? There's no reason to keep them seperate (like people said with RAX), is there?

Edit: Also, does anyone have a tier list that still updates? I was using one that was decently thorough, but it didn't add anything from the Aqua Epic Medal Carnival yet.

Famassu

Well, the shit ass fuck EMC just ended. I'd imagine it can anywhere from a day or two to a week or so for all the horrible people to get their craptastic TVA medal. ;_;

My lexaeus has three dots. What are the chances I'll guilt it if I do few pulls during this banner?

Hehehehehehehahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!! You think the game will give you what you need?

In all honesty, there is an okay chance. I just wouldn't go in expecting guilt, more of just hope for another dot or two.

Top Bottom