• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
xzJbQIhl.jpg

Almost :(

Sölf

Any maps in particular where I can farm Melted Candles for the new keyblade? I still haven't beaten the second one and the keyblade is also only level 16 and I don't really want to randomly farm 20+ AP missions to get maybe 3 melted candles (level 17 needs still 10 more).

Sölf;216557547 said:
Any maps in particular where I can farm Melted Candles for the new keyblade? I still haven't beaten the second one and the keyblade is also only level 16 and I don't really want to randomly farm 20+ AP missions to get maybe 3 melted candles (level 17 needs still 10 more).

The Beauty & The Beast event also has those drops, though regular story quests are half AP right now as well.

Boogiepop

Okay, I cannot seem to make the Divine Rose Part 5 work at the moment, and it's solely because that damn last Red Copter Fleet has the boosted HP from being the boss. My TT Setup actually got closest (thanks, high AP costing experimentation!), but I can't quite get it.

TT is already +25, and my setup is 5 star Belle (for debuffing, as I don't have an Alice), and then everything after is six star full level +1000 attack, starting with RAX (for minor buffing and, more importantly, that's where my APP is), Illustrated Sora with no dots and Attack Boost II Max, Guilted (46%) Black Coat Riku with Attack Boost I, Laxaues with no dots and Attack Boost I, and for the friend medal, Guilted (86%) Timeless River Goofy.

As long as one of the non-max boosts activates, I can kill the blue copters by using all of that, but that final red copter seems like it just has too much health. There's stuff I COULD do, but I'm not sure it'll help enough. Like, I have one Attack Boost II left in reserves, but I'm not sure that'll be enough to push me over even if I use it. I also have a Piglet... but I'm not sure I could reasonably swap it in for the RAX without running out of AP (actually, thinking on it, would it work to put Piglet in the third slot and then Illustrated Sora in the fourth, sadly removing Guilted BC Riku? Or would that result in less power rather than more?). There's also a 95% guilted BC Mickey friend medal I have access to, and a 3 pip BC Mickey Attack Boost II Max of my own, but I'm pretty sure neither would be more helpful here. Oh, and I have a +24 Guilt Attack Boost II KH3D Riku (no Chip/Dales) from back when I was trying to max out damage earlier on in the game, but I'm guessing that wouldn't help here...

So anyone have any ideas here? I also don't have any of the Status Effect+ medals to throw around, sadly, so I can't just slap one on Belle here to make it work, either.

Edit: I also have a Rock Titan, Cerberus, Lumiere, and Xaldin (none with dots) that I could build up, but I'm not even sure I'd have the AP to do that and finish off the Divine Rose quest today. Oh, and 5 dots on Behemoth, but I'm guessing that's also no good here.

Edit x 2: Yeah, that Piglet formation I mentioned is worse. I really, really wish this mission didn't cost 20 AP, as it makes experimenting a real pain...

Brandson

Yeah. Brandson's 100% Guilted Marluxia
with an attack boost 1

Ran out of attack boosts for now. I put that ab1 on Marluxia by stealing it from some random non-upgraded 4* medal I was otherwise going to trash anyway. In that case ab1 is better than nothing. I'll change it eventually.

Boogiepop

I can take down Divine Rose Part 5 if my skills are moderately kind to me. Just tried and my APP was hesitant enough that I came up ONE guage short of beating it. Like, if I could've used my Shadow on the last enemy properly I would've won, but nope. It had a teeny little fraction of health left. (Outside of that, I have three attack boosts in my different medals, and as long as one activates on each enemy (except the non boss red, which doesn't need it), I can one turn them). This is like really slow, frustrating gambling. Really wish we had 0 AP still, as then I'd finish this in a few minutes instead of needing to take an hour between attempts...

Brandson

So anyone have any ideas here?

Pretty sure I did this one with TW +25. I haven't upgraded DR at all. TW is my best keyblade setup though with poo/piglet, two Terras, Illust Sora and pals, and a guilted Hag. I forget which of those I subbed out for Belle, if any.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ran out of attack boosts for now. I put that ab1 on Marluxia by stealing it from some random non-upgraded 4* medal I was otherwise going to trash anyway. In that case ab1 is better than nothing. I'll change it eventually.

Btw how much does Marluxia hit for on a non-friend-medal slot? I figure that's gotta be some insane multiplier.

CRS

I can take down Divine Rose Part 5 if my skills are moderately kind to me. Just tried and my APP was hesitant enough that I came up ONE guage short of beating it. Like, if I could've used my Shadow on the last enemy properly I would've won, but nope. It had a teeny little fraction of health left. (Outside of that, I have three attack boosts in my different medals, and as long as one activates on each enemy (except the non boss red, which doesn't need it), I can one turn them). This is like really slow, frustrating gambling. Really wish we had 0 AP still, as then I'd finish this in a few minutes instead of needing to take an hour between attempts...

You can restart the game and try the level again so you don't have to spend AP every time.

Brandson

Yeah just get out of the app right when you die or you know you will fail, close khux, and relaunch it. You don't need to reboot your device.

Sölf;216557547 said:

Mission 431 gives you like 7 or 8 (forget which) Melted Candles per run.

It's a bit low on Big Pearls, but you don't need too many of those anyways. Once you upgrade Divine Rose to +21 that material is not needed anymore and the other two would most likely be overstocked.

Brandson

Btw how much does Marluxia hit for on a non-friend-medal slot? I figure that's gotta be some insane multiplier.

On lv54 raid boss, buffed up, in the last slot, with ab1, he hit for 163k.

Was able to kill the lv54 boss, and all points, without dying with him.

Falk

that puzzling face
I thought that was common knowledge coming off FFRK. Granted, not every gacha game allows you to do this, and it's probably going to go away with any form of synchronous multiplayer.

(No one actually thought I spent 63 x AP cost of Olympia 5, did they)

Boogiepop

Dang, this sucks. I had been using a Attack Boost II Max Aeris that was popping up consistently, but now I can't find it at all and I'm guessing it was randomly being added in addition to the friend medals from my group. And I'm not sure I can beat it with any of the group medals I'm seeing on offer. Really wishing I realized that earlier, as I might just be stuck now. :(

Edit: Nevermind, think I'll get it. Just need my AP to restore once more, since someone in my group is putting up a helpful medal!

Psxphile

Is it true what whale medals pop up on occasion in your Friend medal list are somehow influenced by your character's level? I remember an Illustrated Aqua popping a few times that I would have loved to use for the HSC during Raid Boss grinding that fish, but after gaining a few levels I never saw it again. Missed my chance!

Is it true what whale medals pop up on occasion in your Friend medal list are somehow influenced by your character's level? I remember an Illustrated Aqua popping a few times that I would have loved to use for the HSC during Raid Boss grinding that fish, but after gaining a few levels I never saw it again. Missed my chance!

I think the random friend medals you get changes every time you level up.

CRS

You can rotate through random Friend medals. Just exit the keyblade pop up, select the level again, and you cycle through medals. The pool you cycle through might change with level, not sure on that front.

Boogiepop

Dang, this sucks. I had been using a Attack Boost II Max Aeris that was popping up consistently, but now I can't find it at all and I'm guessing it was randomly being added in addition to the friend medals from my group. And I'm not sure I can beat it with any of the group medals I'm seeing on offer. Really wishing I realized that earlier, as I might just be stuck now. :(

Edit: Nevermind, think I'll get it. Just need my AP to restore once more, since someone in my group is putting up a helpful medal!
And I finally got it, after waaaaaay too many skill rolls! But now I can finally finish off the Divine Rose, so only Starlight and Lady Luck still need to be leveled!

Sölf

Man, I lack just a little bit of damage to beat the second Divine Rose quest. Well, here is hope we get Three Wishes tomorrow, so I can use my Aerith to finally kill Cerberus. :(

Psxphile

You can rotate through random Friend medals. Just exit the keyblade pop up, select the level again, and you cycle through medals. The pool you cycle through might change with level, not sure on that front.

Yeah, already figured that out... months ago... *cough*

It's the "why do those extra medals that have nothing to do with my current party change after being consistent for a certain period of time" that I'm wondering about.

Ed7BO5T.png

Not complaining. This is my first legit great pull in the game, granted the chances of a good pull are way higher due to the nature of the event but still. Not a single garbage medal in sight (and yeah, Saix is boosted, sorry for shitty screenshot lol).

I might have to shell out 5€ to get another pull of this deal. Good thing I didn't spend my jewels on the last EMC.

also

Banned
Yeah, already figured that out... months ago... *cough*

It's the "why do those extra medals that have nothing to do with my current party change after being consistent for a certain period of time" that I'm wondering about.
Some people say that you have to be within a certain lv. range of the person sharing the medal to be able to see it so you/them leveling up might affect it.

I found that there were usually some amazing medals (100% BCM) when new adamantite quests launched. Since they might only stay up for a day or two or even just a few hours I always tried to finish them asap.

Skittles

Some people say that you have to be within a certain lv. range of the person sharing the medal to be able to see it so you/them leveling up might affect it.

I found that there were usually some amazing medals (100% BCM) when new adamantite quests launched. Since they might only stay up for a day or two or even just a few hours I always tried to finish them asap.
The reason for that is during adamantite quests and HSCs, whales from big parties will temp leave and share their best medal to help everyone out.

Munti

Finally finished all objectives besides 3 bosses-quests.
Looks like that guilting all farmables wasn't a bad idea at all.
Now I can focus on stronger medals.

Sölf

Now I know how it feels if everything must align in order to kill something. Oh, I only need Pooh & Piglet to procc Poison+, Aqua ATK II, Aerith AT II, Hag ATK II and the extra medal may not need to procc something. God. Fucking Cerberus. xD

How on earth does Vulpes have double the LUX of Unicornis?

A lot of people probably chose Vulpes because of Master Ava and "omg it's plot relevant" so there's more people collecting Lux under Vulpes than any other.

It's been that was since the start unfortunately, and as a Unicornis I wish we could win just once.

creid

A lot of people probably chose Vulpes because of Master Ava and "omg it's plot relevant" so there's more people collecting Lux under Vulpes than any other.

It's been that was since the start unfortunately, and as a Unicornis I wish we could win just once.
I don't think the majority of players knew which group was plot-relevant beforehand. Most people in the global version probably just think that wolves are the coolest animal of the bunch ;)

also

Banned
I don't think the majority of players knew which group was plot-relevant beforehand. Most people in the global version probably just think that wolves are the coolest animal of the bunch ;)
Vulpes = Foxes

Bears are factually the best but of course that would be lost on the ignorant masses.

Top Bottom