• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Brandson

So what is the purpose of the Prince & Belle medal for 5000 event coins? Does it come pre-guilted? Probably going to skip that one.

xclk07

FYI - if you have any skip tickets left over and can finish the mickey objectives on the last level, you can use the tixs to simply get event medals.

Not necessarily suggesting this, but if you don't want to grind and grind, this is faster and easier- you get around 500 every time (as Polt mentioned above).

Burbeting

Banned
Whoa, congrats!

However, he only got 50% guilt :(.

I even was able to reroll.... still 50%. Game is punishing me for good pull.

//Also got a Demyx to replace Luxord and the Hag in my magic deck. I might alternate between hag and Demyx now, both have relatively low SP cost, at least compared to Luxord's absurd 4.

However, he only got 50% guilt :(.

I even was able to reroll.... still 50%. Game is punishing me for good pull.

//Also got a Demyx to replace Luxord and the Hag in my magic deck. I might alternate between hag and Demyx now, both have relatively low SP cost, at least compared to Luxord's absurd 4.
Yikes, when I rolled guilt for my Shadow I initially got 49% before rerolling for 95%. But getting 50% twice is kinda BS lol. But any guilt is better than none!

Boogiepop

Maaaan, I'm really torn on this. It seems really nice, but I'm not really sure it's worth much to me outside of the chance at guilt (already have Marluxia and Laxaeus, but no dots on them). But I feel like I'd probably need a couple of pulls to have a chance at guilting anything, and even if that happened there's a chance it'd be one of the more meh ones. And then there's the constant thought of "the brooms must be just around the corner, so I should save my jewels for that!" And that it would kind of bug me that there's no chance for premiums from this...

Clearly, the solution would've been to play loose with the rules and throw BC Mickey in there, because then I'd definitely pull for an increased chance at guilting that one. As is though, like I said, this'll require some thought...

Skittles

Maaaan, I'm really torn on this. It seems really nice, but I'm not really sure it's worth much to me outside of the chance at guilt (already have Marluxia and Laxaeus, but no dots on them). But I feel like I'd probably need a couple of pulls to have a chance at guilting anything, and even if that happened there's a chance it'd be one of the more meh ones. And then there's the constant thought of "the brooms must be just around the corner, so I should save my jewels for that!" And that it would kind of bug me that there's no chance for premiums from this...

Clearly, the solution would've been to play loose with the rules and throw BC Mickey in there, because then I'd definitely pull for an increased chance at guilting that one. As is though, like I said, this'll require some thought...
Wait until the deal is about to end to see the next deal(EMC will happen at the end of this one). Plus it'll be past the 14th and we'll be able to truly see if M&B are coming on that day.

RalchAC

Wait until the deal is about to end to see the next deal(EMC will happen at the end of this one). Plus it'll be past the 14th and we'll be able to truly see if M&B are coming on that day.

Even if they are released, don't expect the game to become vastly better tbh.

Even in Japan, the amount of brooms given was quite scarce at first.

Famassu

Dear lawd the cost of these Beauty & the Beast event boards. How many million times does one have to play through the quest to get enough points to get everything?

Dear lawd the cost of these Beauty & the Beast event boards. How many million times does one have to play through the quest to get enough points to get everything?

Not that many times, frankly. I'd say about 40ish run-throughs of the legendary quest. You can easily spread those out over two weeks if you find it too mind-numbing.

I've already finished it, so yay.

Sölf

Welp, I guilted my 27% Aerith to 27%. >_>

At least I now have a medal I can dump all of my Magic Mirrors into. After that, it's 42%. So a bit ist still missing.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't beat the cannons reliably either.

I'd rather just cruise-control 170-180 coins per run anyway. Have AP to burn, etc.

(Wish I dared spend Skip Tickets on this, but I feel that those things are going to be the Megalixirs of KHUX)

creid

I can't beat the cannons reliably either.

I'd rather just cruise-control 170-180 coins per run anyway. Have AP to burn, etc.

(Wish I dared spend Skip Tickets on this, but I feel that those things are going to be the Megalixirs of KHUX)
Where can you get 170-180 per run? Skipping the cannons, I've gotten 105 every time.

Boogiepop

Maaan, I can't currently beat the Part 5s on the adamantite quests, far as I can tell. What sort of setups do the people who can get those 1 turns have?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm extremely close to doing Olympia 5 - Minnie, 5* Pooh with Poison+, Illust Riku, KH Cloud with 2 pips, Illust Yuffie with 100% guilt, Pug's BC Mickey on a +25 Olympia

As it is, I have about 1/4 chance in getting to the last mob with 11 SA gauge, and then Poison needs to proc, not get resisted, and all 3 AB2s need to proc. (Pug's BC Mickey is AB2Max so it's a guarantee)

I had one attempt where everything procced but Poison missed. 3/4 bar left

I had one attempt where Poison procced and stuck, but the absolute last AB2 didn't trigger. 1/4 bar left

I tried 63 times before giving up for now.

MiTYH

Powered through story mode today to get to level 200 so I can get those free jewels for the campaign. Sitting at 201 now and need to take a break... and start actually prioritizing things. For a new place,r so many events! Coliseum, Beauty/Beast, getting key blade eve materials, getting evos for medals.... yeah. Luckily I'm leveling up fast and rarely have to wait as long as I take a few story modes

Fun game! I'm enjoy it and will stick with it for a while I'm sure

Boogiepop

I'm extremely close to doing Olympia 5 - Minnie, 5* Pooh with Poison+, Illust Riku, KH Cloud with 2 pips, Illust Yuffie with 100% guilt, Pug's BC Mickey on a +25 Olympia

As it is, I have about 1/4 chance in getting to the last mob with 11 SA gauge, and then Poison needs to proc, not get resisted, and all 3 AB2s need to proc. (Pug's BC Mickey is AB2Max so it's a guarantee)

I had one attempt where everything procced but Poison missed. 3/4 bar left

I had one attempt where Poison procced and stuck, but the absolute last AB2 didn't trigger. 1/4 bar left

I tried 63 times before giving up for now.
Yeah, I almost wonder if I need some guilt or something, despite having some solid medals. As I bemoaned earlier in the thread, though, it presumably would be very helpful if they'd give out that TVA medal, though, as that may be the boost I need on both those current part 5s...

CRS

Yeah, I almost wonder if I need some guilt or something, despite having some solid medals. As I bemoaned earlier in the thread, though, it presumably would be very helpful if they'd give out that TVA medal, though, as that may be the boost I need on both those current part 5s...
Yeah the TVA medal is what I'm counting on. If I get that, I think that'll be enough damage for me AND it saves me much needed Special Gauge since it costs zero.

Also Falk, jealous of your Illustrated Yuffie.

100% ;-;

Ilustrated Yuffie maxes out at 50%, I assume he meant "fully guilted".

Edit: here's the setup I used to beat Olympia Pt.5:
eSOfF7B.jpg

Mulan and Illus. Yuffie are both +1000/max guilt (50%). Friend medal was Ava Pug's 117% Darkside. I needed almost everything to proc so it took prolly 50 attempts or so.

also

Banned
This was my setup
UrXESxK.png

Sora, Riku and RAX are 1000/1000.
Sora and Riku are guilted 50%, Atk boost II. Took ~15 tries; needed APP to proc at least 3 times.

Boogiepop

How much of a difference does guilt make in comparison to the general quality of the medals? Like, I have a guilted Auron and Shadow. Are those more or less useful, then, say, my Marluxia with no pips? Or my HD Aqua that's full of Chip and Dales, but again no pips?

How much of a difference does guilt make in comparison to the general quality of the medals? Like, I have a guilted Auron and Shadow. Are those more or less useful, then, say, my Marluxia with no pips? Or my HD Aqua that's full of Chip and Dales, but again no pips?

Basically, base strength (including Chips) is more important than the special multiplier/guilt.

If you have not Chipped out your Auron, you will probably still be doing less damage than a maxed out HD Aqua, even if it is guilted.

The primary thing you should be concerned with is to get Chips into your main attack medals. Guilt is just an added bonus on top of that.

Boogiepop

Basically, base strength (including Chips) is more important than the special multiplier/guilt.

If you have not Chipped out your Auron, you will probably still be doing less damage than a maxed out HD Aqua, even if it is guilted.

The primary thing you should be concerned with is to get Chips into your main attack medals. Guilt is just an added bonus on top of that.
Cool, thanks. Was trying to figure out how important the guilt was versus other factors, since I'm only just barely starting to get some actually useful medals guilted. Speaking of which, I just got the BC Riku I needed to get that one to Guilt, and the base for that has been long since Chip/Dale filled, so that should be useful! Still need to wait for AP to refill a bit longer before I can actually do the roll and see what I get, though.

Also, I just realized: it would require some weirdness, probably, but Shadow has an effect similar to BC Mickey, so maaaaaaybe I can combine them and hope that would push them over into the point of actually having enough to bust through the part 5s, maybe! I don't know, it at least doesn't seem 100% implausible if I played around with it. I really wish we had 0 AP still, as it would make playing around with these things much more reasonable...

Edit: BTW, can you Chip and Dale those "boosted" medals, or no? Never got one and I'd assume they're incredibly rare, but does that make them really broken if so?

Brandson

I'm extremely close to doing Olympia 5

I've been failing on Olympia pt5 with Olympia +25 keyblade all week, so decided to try it with TT +25 instead, and destroyed it on first try. Friend medal wasn't even used once. I can't figure out how to build a good Olympia setup I guess. So maybe give it a shot with TT before the weekend is up.

Boogiepop

I've been failing on Olympia pt5 with Olympia +25 keyblade all week, so decided to try it with TT +25 instead, and destroyed it on first try. Friend medal wasn't even used once. I can't figure out how to build a good Olympia setup I guess. So maybe give it a shot with TT before the weekend is up.
What kind of setup did you use? Feel like it'd be kind of tough to overpower the ones that aren't weak to power with that, so I didn't even really consider trying.

CRS

Decided to say fuck it and use my APP on a buff medal for now to get past Pt 5. And yeah, it gave me just enough special gauge for the final boss.

Brandson

What kind of setup did you use? Feel like it'd be kind of tough to overpower the ones that aren't weak to power with that, so I didn't even really consider trying.

Dispel and buffs helped. Setup was Alice, Poo&Piglet, Illust Sora, KH Cloud, Lexaeus. I had a guilted BC Mickey as friend medal but it wasn't needed.

Psxphile

Am I just terrible at math, or has anyone else noticed getting 1x instead of 2x lux during bonus whale hours?

You mean how you can kill two eggs and still not spawn the raid boss? Believe it or not it still counts, but for some reason sometimes it glitches and doesn't spawn. However, if you go back to the home screen and then back to Quests, it'll spawn the boss. You shouldn't have to waste AP forcing a spawn you already earned.

Just something I picked up getting my Raid bosses to Level 50.

Oh wait you're talking about the Lux itself... uh... um, no.

Boogiepop

Dispel and buffs helped. Setup was Alice, Poo&Piglet, Illust Sora, KH Cloud, Lexaeus. I had a guilted BC Mickey as friend medal but it wasn't needed.
Were any of those attacking medals guilted? I may actually be able to match that, so I think I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Edit: Yay, Black Coat Riku ended up with 46% guilt! I could easily get that to full, but I'll hold off for the moment thanks to the Magic Mirrors stacking now and thus not being a space concern. If it looks like I just barely need that boost, though, I can always give him his extra 4% whenever.
Edit x 2: Yeah, holy crap, that worked very well, and I cleared it with room to spare. Now to figure out the part 5 for Divine Rose as well, that'll put me in a pretty darn good position, I think. Thanks a lot for this!

Top Bottom