• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

KhInsider & other KH fan sites deciding to exclusively back one of the unions, drawing in many including those who were quick to download the hacked domestic APK that was pretty much available since day one.

That's why.

Also once it was clear Vulpes was the market leader many jumped ship from other unions.

Ava Pug

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

p97ZlkJ.jpg

Skittles

Absolutely fucking jealous of that medal. Such a stupid idea to give it out that way.

Anyway...

lol nice. Already had one Marluxia as well
NA actually took some pity on us compared to Japan. over there you had to have all 3 ills (pretty sure they had to be guilted too)

xclk07

Getting annoyed with Adam Quest 5 for Three Wishes- have now powered up enough to get through the 3 mobs in one try every time, I need a good 3 to 4 procs to happen during Cerebus and it's a total pain to have to do the mobs again every time.

Whine, whine, whine....

Ilvocare

Real quick: considering the deal going on right now, what would count as a BAD pull?

Because I think I might have one

Pic tomorrow, I'm exhausted

Skittles

wanna see me use my special gauge?
wanna see me do it again?

edit: that's an APP, paralysis+, and poison+ on those rax. I'm really tempted to throw sleep+ on TVA

edit2: Why haven't they updated the skill symbols to reflect paralysis/poison/sleep. It'd be simple enough to do and make picking friend medals faster

Ilvocare

Five Vexens?

Even Luxord has his uses, so...

Five Vexens and five Jumbas would be a royal flush.

well that'd have to be worst possible luck ever outside of reality

I didn't get anything THAT bad. And I asked what would be a bad pull, not the worst possible one.

The point of the matter is that I got so fucking excited to pull Org XIII characters and...!

Notes:

-Getting Saix is depressing because I already got a high-power 4 gauge medal in the Rock Titan literally the last pull.
-Getting Luxord is depressing because not only do I not have any good Paralysis Magic medals, but he's also a 4-gauger on top of that. I bet when things are set up he's great but yeeeeeesh.
-Considering that Stitch is literally my only good single-target Speed medal, I was REALLY hoping for a Marluxia. Instead I got Larxene, Larxene, and Larxene.
-Tinker Bell is useless in the face of Minnie.
-Another KH2 Aerith who I don't use anymore because Piglet made the buff medals of the early-game obsolete.
-More Aurons to pip up the one I have, confirming his value and preventing King Mickey from knocking him out.
-And finally, another FUCKING Captain Goofy. This one is special because now I have enough of him in order to guilt him. Thanks, videogames.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Getting Saix is depressing because I already got a high-power 4 gauge medal in the Rock Titan literally the last pull.

You complain about Saix, but he's a good AOE and he doesn't have a conditional trigger like Luxord. The game likes to give you reverse power slots, and as of now there isn't much else to put in those.

Ilvocare

You complain about Saix, but he's a good AOE and he doesn't have a conditional trigger like Luxord. The game likes to give you reverse power slots, and as of now there isn't much else to put in those.

The only reverse power slots I have are the second slot in TT and the sole power slot in Starlight. I guess more power slots come later when I can finally break through past +22??? Regardless, it doesn't feel all that likely...

alittlelove

Neo Member
The only reverse power slots I have are the second slot in TT and the sole power slot in Starlight. I guess more power slots come later when I can finally break through past +22??? Regardless, it doesn't feel all that likely...

Olympia slot 2, Starlight slot 3, TT slots 2 and 5. Moogle of Glory also has 2.

MiTYH

So as a newish player, how should I proceed? I'm currently level 91, storymode stage 202 (thanks 1/2 stamina), and have some good medals like Illustrated Ventus and the free one that was just given out, KH II Leon Ver B, Marluxia, KH Riku, Donald Ver B, Timeless River Donald, Belle, Lumiere

Here's where I can focus, just not sure where to start:
- Get Exp Meterials to fully level up medals (have a bunch in level 60 range)
- Get Evo Materials to make them better (keeping in mind cost)
- Continue along story mode for avatar coins to get more cost/AP (I've been getting these and stopping)
- Work on Coliseum (currently on Tier 4, Round 10)

Just a lot to do and I'm not sure where my time is best spent

CRS

You want to work on raising your Keyblade Cost limit, getting Jewels to get the Premium boards, then work on leveling up medals.

Famassu

I'd probably get Coliseum out of the way at first. Get as far as you can somewhat easily and then let that simmer. Maybe try again near the end of the month after you've got 2-3 weeks of leveling up/evolving done.

Play story missions to get the necessary materials and tons of jewels to unlock all 5 slots of every keyblade (past that, ignore Starlight and focus on Olympia and the three elemental-specific keyblades) and to buy avatar boards

Max your medals to a point that makes sense, cost-wise (so probably get 5* medals to lvl 80 and evolve a couple of your strongest medals to 6* whenever that makes sense considering your cost/Cid-situation). I find the best time to do this is in the evening sometime before going to bed. Exp & Evolve quests require a lot of AP. Might as well spend tons of AP quickly just before going to sleep since that leaves your sleep-time for the AP meter to fill up.

Focus on maxing your cost whenever possible. This means putting some priority on spending jewels on avatar boards that give cost (I mean, you have to buy them at some point anyway, might as well do it ASAP) and you should grind levels A LOT during Raid Boss events to get all the free avatar boards that give you cost, especially during double lux periods. Those can give ludicrous amounts of exp that can push you past lvl 200 relatively quickly.

Lnds500

I need a good new deal on medals on Friday and I need a great pull. There is hardly anything to do right now for me..

Btw, Jungle Book, BatB, Snow White... why are the upright event medals so useless??

-Considering that Stitch is literally my only good single-target Speed medal, I was REALLY hoping for a Marluxia. Instead I got Larxene, Larxene, and Larxene.

Larxene is actually really good because there are very few good AoE Speed medals.

You'll get an ST Speed medal soon enough. Like 80% of them are single-target.

CRS

Especially with Lux boost a thing now, when you coordinate with your Party, you get CRAZY results.

Also, having your Party set up Raid bosses is a great feeling. When you get it to a high enough level (best one is Omega Behemoth), the kill shot can be around 250k Lux with 50/60% Boost.

Ilvocare

Larxene is actually really good because there are very few good AoE Speed medals.

You'll get an ST Speed medal soon enough. Like 80% of them are single-target.

I have a 5* Limit Form Sora and a KH3D Sora with like 2 pips. Is it worth bringing those two up to snuff to supplement single-target burns? Of note is that both my Stitch and KH Sora A are guilted and thanks to pure luck and Magic Mirrors they're both at 25%. So I don't want to swap the latter out with anything.

Besides my booster medal in the first slot I also have Musketeer Mickey and a KH1 Sora Ver. B. Really, that third slot where Sora B is seems like the most disposable... but stacking AoE seems to work really well for Speed so far, at least for me.

I have a 5* Limit Form Sora and a KH3D Sora with like 2 pips. Is it worth bringing those two up to snuff to supplement single-target burns? Of note is that both my Stitch and KH Sora A are guilted and thanks to pure luck and Magic Mirrors they're both at 25%. So I don't want to swap the latter out with anything.

Besides my booster medal in the first slot I also have Musketeer Mickey and a KH1 Sora Ver. B. Really, that third slot where Sora B is seems like the most disposable... but stacking AoE seems to work really well for Speed so far, at least for me.

I think Limit Form Sora is a fine medal to level up, really.

Also, you used Mirrors on the farmable medals? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Boogiepop

Man, I can't really manage either of the Part 5s up right now, despite managing the sets for Olympia and Divine Rose. I feel like I'm close-ish on Lady Luck with my Olympia nuke, but sadly Muskateer Mickey just isn't that great for the big damage, and the TVA is performing admirably, but it won't be fully operational until the end of the month when I get that ABIII from the Coliseum. A part of me is totally tempted to pull the Organization event for the dream of a boosted medal or something, but that's probably a bad idea, and I just need to be patient...

Edit: Actually, what we really need is for those brooms to pop up, both for personal use, and because it should mean stuff like Guilted premiums becoming more plausible from the friend medals...

Finally managed to beat Three Wishes part 5, which means that I've completed all Adamantite quests!

Divine Rose + Guilted Xigbar really came through for me.

Ilvocare

I think Limit Form Sora is a fine medal to level up, really.

Also, you used Mirrors on the farmable medals? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

it had to be done

they were the only medals really pulling their weight and at this point I'm operating under the assumption that there's no hope of me getting a premium medal unless they're guaranteed

I'm struggling with content as it is and there's no reason to just keep stocking up for the vague hope of brooms coming to save us all

Top Bottom