• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ava Pug

I did a single pull since I had some extra gems...

D7SbdGq.jpg

Brandson

I think I might be able to reach 3700 points in this HSC, but not any better without pulling. Which I won't do.

I am up to 3982 pts without pulling. Used TT with Megara, Illust Aqua, Illust Sora, bc Mickey, and Lexaeus with Anselm friend medal, killing the target in two rounds instead of one.

Boogiepop

Haha, oh wow, that's a LUX+Attack Boost II. I misread and thought it was an APP+ABII combo at first. I guess the extra Lux is nice, but in terms of usefulness, that's effectively just an ABII. Well, I guess it would technically have a minor actual effect on combat by throwing it on Behemoth.

So yeah, not too concerned about this Hi Score Challenge.

Boogiepop

What does Behemoth have to do with Lux?
Its multiplier is based on Lux collected, so technically it would appreciate the effect of that slightly. Though in theory I guess you don't get the Lux till after the hit, so even then it would prefer the skill to be before it.

Primus

I like how today's Challenge, the one I need to take me over 3k jewels so I can do a 10-pull, is that damned Possessors boss fight.

Sigh. Tomorrow, then.

Boogiepop

I like how today's Challenge, the one I need to take me over 3k jewels so I can do a 10-pull, is that damned Possessors boss fight.

Sigh. Tomorrow, then.
You should only need to fight the Possessors if you want the Cid. Otherwise you should be good to ignore it.

MiTYH

Yes. There are three 30 minute intervals. They are unique to each person but the times never change.

Oh, so same time each day? That's cool to know. Gotta remember that, I just recently started and getting EXP to my medals has been draining.

Sölf

This new challenge is certainly interesting. I got ~2600 points and I doubt I will get any higher. I do have only 7% multiplier, but I can't really use any others since I can't kill the cards fast enough with my cards.

Psxphile

Had to stick a Defense II on my 5* Minnie to last long enough to kill it. Come to think of it, I probably should have done that a whole lot sooner, but she had a fully-leveled Paralysis before which came in handy in the last two Coliseums. Even then, with only 35% I barely managed above 3K points.

Ilvocare

I'm actually kind of proud of myself for managing to take down the Possessors fight in the daily with the shit I managed to cobble together. Had to give up an Attack Boost II medal to my Limit Form Sora but I think I'll live.

also I re-rolled that mission again and again for the perfect storm of skill procs

if I didn't have a Marluxia friend medal that entire encounter wouldn't be doable

Famassu

With two 50% guilted Illustr. Yuffies and Pooh's tier 2 buff + RAX, it wasn't all that bad, except for the fact that my Yuffie's ABII didn't activate until on my 8th try. And then the friend Yuffie's ABII didn't activate and I was still short, so it wasn't until my 9th try when all stars aligned and the game let me have two ABIIs activate during the same turn.

wilflare

I think it toggles the people in your party and any Facebook friends that play the game.

Another Chip and Dale medals Raid Boss this weekend.

hmm seems to make no difference on my end :/
so it affects the people I find when I find party?

CRS

hmm seems to make no difference on my end :/
so it affects the people I find when I find party?
How I think it works, when your Facebook photo is selected, you see any Facebook friends that also play the game on your Home screen. When it isn't, you see members of your Party if you're in one.

Ilvocare

With two 50% guilted Illustr. Yuffies and Pooh's tier 2 buff + RAX, it wasn't all that bad, except for the fact that my Yuffie's ABII didn't activate until on my 8th try. And then the friend Yuffie's ABII didn't activate and I was still short, so it wasn't until my 9th try when all stars aligned and the game let me have two ABIIs activate during the same turn.

I had a much sloppier deck... Piglet, Limit Form Sora, White Rabbit, KH2 Riku, and Stitch, in that order. Sora and Riku had an AB2 and AB1 on them, respectively, and Stitch was utterly maxed out with an AB2. I even got a friend with a Marluxia, also with AB2 on him.

I re-rolled the fight until every single AB procced. Only way to win.

I also had a slightly less difficult of a time figuring out how to take out those three Cannon Guns today. The solution was Olympia.

Boogiepop

So wait, is there any point to grabbing that 5000 coin medal from the Beauty and the Beast event, other than I guess just technical completionism (which I REALLY am not concerned with in this game)? Like, it's just the other Beast medal without the Guilt, right?

So wait, is there any point to grabbing that 5000 coin medal from the Beauty and the Beast event, other than I guess just technical completionism (which I REALLY am not concerned with in this game)? Like, it's just the other Beast medal without the Guilt, right?

Yep. Bragging rights/album completion is pretty much the only reason to go for it.

creid

It is a different medal that does the same thing & has the same stats, so yeah for completionists only.

Ilvocare

Ugh... did the HSC last night. I'm shocked in how much more simplified it is now. Managed to beat the cards, and had a 28% boost without even pulling!

My question is: I ended up at 3.2k score after successfully beating the cards. That's not even enough to crack the 2k ranking. I'm legitimately afraid that I'll drop below 5k at this rate...

So when the HSC notice said to use cards of a high Special Attack Bonus, does that mean that Epic medals give you a higher score bonus for each hit as opposed to normal non-free medals? Or does that only apply to medals that've been guilted...?

Ugh... did the HSC last night. I'm shocked in how much more simplified it is now. Managed to beat the cards, and had a 28% boost without even pulling!

My question is: I ended up at 3.2k score after successfully beating the cards. That's not even enough to crack the 2k ranking. I'm legitimately afraid that I'll drop below 5k at this rate...

So when the HSC notice said to use cards of a high Special Attack Bonus, does that mean that Epic medals give you a higher score bonus for each hit as opposed to normal non-free medals? Or does that only apply to medals that've been guilted...?
I haven't tried the HSC yet, but Special Attack Bonus is the official name for what most online call Guilt.

Ilvocare

I haven't tried the HSC yet, but Special Attack Bonus is the official name for what most online call Guilt.

Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm wondering whether damage done by more rare medals results in more score.

If that's the case, then fuck this entire challenge with a 40-foot pole.

Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm wondering whether damage done by more rare medals results in more score.

If that's the case, then fuck this entire challenge with a 40-foot pole.
In previous HSCs, didn't it give extra score for "overkilling" an enemy? Ex: Red Enemy has 250 HP left and you hit it for 20k w/ I.Aerith. If so, then that could be what they are referring to. If not, then *Shrug*

Falk

that puzzling face
There really isn't much variation to the score this challenge. If you can beat it, it really boils down to what % bonuses you can cram into your setup and a friend medal with Sleep+.

The +28% bracket is packed, holy hell.

Ilvocare

In previous HSCs, didn't it give extra score for "overkilling" an enemy? Ex: Red Enemy has 250 HP left and you hit it for 20k w/ I.Aerith. If so, then that could be what they are referring to. If not, then *Shrug*

That only applies to the final hit that pushes an enemy down to 0, not to multiple-hit medals. Doesn't it?

There really isn't much variation to the score this challenge. If you can beat it, it really boils down to what % bonuses you can cram into your setup and a friend medal with Sleep+.

The +28% bracket is packed, holy hell.

Why Sleep+? So you can leave Minnie out of your setup? Whom I needed in order to both heal up from attacks and Defense Boost my way to victory?

EDIT: I'm super confused: weren't the advertised rewards for HSCs normally doled out at the 5k threshhold? Why pull it back to 2k? Why make it even MORE difficult for non-paying players to power up, even if AB2+LUX is kinda not all that fantastic?

So I'm looking to get back into this but my current phone isn't compatible anymore. Is there no way to get this working on an emulator anymore?

Tidd

More importantly: it's the 2nd week in a row we get jewels quests! Although a little bit different we will end up with 200jewels/day.

Top Bottom