• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
With a more powerful friend speed medal (maybe Illust Riku, or a guilted TVA) or another AB2 or AB2max, I could probably clear the first two objectives of Moogle 3. So far I can kill everything in one round and get the boss down to about 50% of the final hp bar.

I have an Illust Riku with no pips. Not sure if that'd help but I'm sharing it

Brandson

I have an Illust Riku with no pips. Not sure if that'd help but I'm sharing it

Thanks. I have all of Moogle 1-4 cleared now, and the kill 15 objective of Moogle 5. The boss of Moogle 5 is the only challenge I have left. I can kill everything else on Moogle 5 in one round, but the boss has more hp bars than any of the other bosses, and is giving me trouble for 1-rounding it. It doesn't help that you have to dispel the boss' +3 power defense boost to have a chance to 1-round it. The other bosses don't need dispelling.

Ilvocare

...meanwhile, over in Poverty Hearts, I'm just trying to get by in the pseudo-dailies and racking up a more diverse medal roster.

The first four quests (per day) are totally doable for all objectives. The final one's Cid requirement? Fuck outta here with 40k minimum in a hit. I've got CoM Riku as my nuke, Piglet, Cogsworth, Vivi, AND KH Aerith as my boosters and I can't crack past 35k with Attack Boost triggering! What, do I need defense debuffs too? If so, from what???

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
...meanwhile, over in Poverty Hearts, I'm just trying to get by in the pseudo-dailies and racking up a more diverse medal roster.

The first four quests (per day) are totally doable for all objectives. The final one's Cid requirement? Fuck outta here with 40k minimum in a hit. I've got CoM Riku as my nuke, Piglet, Cogsworth, Vivi, AND KH Aerith as my boosters and I can't crack past 35k with Attack Boost triggering! What, do I need defense debuffs too? If so, from what???
I wouldn't have been able to do it without using strength boost +3 tier and a party member's Illustrated Aerith with AB2.

lyrick

This happened to me last time, Despite every combo of buff and debuff I simply could not do it with my medals. What you need is a guilted nuker from the avatar boards (Ill. Yuffie/Cid/Aerith).

Apparently they forgot to tell us that those Avatar boards were not really optional. After I missed Ill. Yuffie & Ill. Cid I tend to save up 6K jewels and make that my baseline for when future required boards become available.

I used a 41% I.Aerith w/ 2.0 multiplier from Divine Rose +20 that was buffed by KH Aerith, KH II Aerith and KH Kairi. ABII didn't proc and I don't have any +ATK on her yet. She hit for 45k.

This happened to me last time, Despite every combo of buff and debuff I simply could not do it with my medals. What you need is a guilted nuker from the avatar boards (Ill. Yuffie/Cid/Aerith).

Apparently they forgot to tell us that those Avatar boards were not really optional. After I missed Ill. Yuffie & Ill. Cid I tend to save up 6K jewels and make that my baseline for when future required boards become available.
Having I. Yuffie and I. Aerith makes me deeply regret not getting I. Cid. Green stages tend to be the hardest ones for me, now. TT +21: 5* DiZ w/ DB1, 6* KH Cloud w/ AB2, 6* Cerberus w/ AB1, 6* 21% Y.Herc w/ Paralysis, 6* 22% Wakka w/ AB1 & +1000 ATK.

I pulled Timeless River Pete, KH Kairi and Lumiere in the last EMC, but I'm unsure who to replace with them when I level them up. I also don't know if I should 6* them, since I never do so with buff medals.

Thanks. I have all of Moogle 1-4 cleared now, and the kill 15 objective of Moogle 5. The boss of Moogle 5 is the only challenge I have left. I can kill everything else on Moogle 5 in one round, but the boss has more hp bars than any of the other bosses, and is giving me trouble for 1-rounding it. It doesn't help that you have to dispel the boss' +3 power defense boost to have a chance to 1-round it. The other bosses don't need dispelling.

...Oh. I completely forgot that Black Gummi Hordes have a defense boost for all attributes. >_<

Well, I've clearly been wasting my time and AP on that. I need a set-up that will allow me to use Alice but can still give me a large enough power boost.

Psxphile

I thought for sure my combination of (newly-acquired) Pooh, KHII Aerith, KH Aerith (for the color boost), Megareth (to drop defense on the target) and max Chipped Old Hag would be enough.

lol

barely broke 30k. Of course, Old Hag wasn't guilted nor did it have an Attack boost on it (I should probably fix that). As a last resort I used the 100% guilted BCMickey w/ ABIIMax friend medal to one-shot the two surviving heartless and broke 40k (both) easily. As friend medals don't get keyblade boosts I wasn't expecting it to do THAT much damage, yeesh.

Famassu

Oh dear lawd, I managed to beat this High Score Challenge purely by accident. I was lazy and didn't want to spend any jewels so I just repeated the challenge to get a few bars of special gauge (3+ from the chest and then one or two more from the boss). On my last round of filling it up, I noticed I got it almost filled and so I thought "might as well start attacking", but at the end of my first round (when the boss still had, like +2 on its health bar) I noticed my Friend medal wasn't the Axel medal that is shared in my party.

Anyhoo, as I didn't have Axel, at first I just thought I wouldn't bother spending any more special gauge since I'd want to try to challenge with Axel. So I didn't use any special attacks on my second turn. Then the Friend Medal BC Mickey's Sleep Activated and the boss couldn't attack after the second turn and I was like... hmm... maybe I should try this, lol. I didn't think I had any change, since I was somewhat low on health and had a tier 3 def debuff on me + the boss still had, like, +1 on its health bar. I somewhat carefully used Piglet, Illustr. Cid (with a 44% guilt) and Lexaeus and got the enemy down to 2.9 health bars or something.

And then, after the third turn, Def Boost II activated twice when the card boss did the double attack, and I didn't die (if even one of them had hit at full strength, I'd be dead). So begins the fourth turn. I used Piglet again for the buff and just normal attack with whatever medal I had on the second & third spot (Belle & Demyx for the 7%, I think?) At this point it still had, like, 2.5 bars of health left, so I wasn't too enthusiastic about my chances to win considering I only had 3 medals left. I used Cid as my fourth medal, its Attack Boost II activated and blasted away ~1.8-2 health bars. The boss was left with ~a little over half its health bar, I had two medals left (Lexaues and the Friend Medal). Lexaeus was pretty weak against it, but BC Mickey helped take away the few inches of health bar it still had left.

Too bad I didn't pick the Axel for the extra 7% because I wasn't meaning to actually beat it on this try. Though, the only reason why I did was because of the Sleep on the BC Mickey that I happened to have chosen as my Friend medal. So I guess it all worked out perfectly, hehe.

EDIT: I broke 40k pretty easily with Piglet + Illustrated Cid (or one of the Illustrated avatar board characters) with Attack Boost II & 44% guilt.

EDIT#2: Also had Poison+ on Belle activate a couple of times. Without those, I would have been screwed.

Ilvocare

I wouldn't have been able to do it without using strength boost +3 tier and a party member's Illustrated Aerith with AB2.

Fuck everything. No way I could've afforded those boards. Not even close to the amount of jewels I need.

I used a 41% I.Aerith w/ 2.0 multiplier from Divine Rose +20 that was buffed by KH Aerith, KH II Aerith and KH Kairi. ABII didn't proc and I don't have any +ATK on her yet. She hit for 45k.

Having I. Yuffie and I. Aerith makes me deeply regret not getting I. Cid. Green stages tend to be the hardest ones for me, now. TT +21: 5* DiZ w/ DB1, 6* KH Cloud w/ AB2, 6* Cerberus w/ AB1, 6* 21% Y.Herc w/ Paralysis, 6* 22% Wakka w/ AB1 & +1000 ATK.

I pulled Timeless River Pete, KH Kairi and Lumiere in the last EMC, but I'm unsure who to replace with them when I level them up. I also don't know if I should 6* them, since I never do so with buff medals.

EDIT: I broke 40k pretty easily with Piglet + Illustrated Cid (or one of the Illustrated avatar board characters) with Attack Boost II & 44% guilt.

The lesson I'm learning here is fuck premium medals, there's no faith in false gods.

I thought for sure my combination of (newly-acquired) Pooh, KHII Aerith, KH Aerith (for the color boost), Megareth (to drop defense on the target) and max Chipped Old Hag would be enough.

lol

barely broke 30k. Of course, Old Hag wasn't guilted nor did it have an Attack boost on it (I should probably fix that). As a last resort I used the 100% guilted BCMickey w/ ABIIMax friend medal to one-shot the two surviving heartless and broke 40k (both) easily. As friend medals don't get keyblade boosts I wasn't expecting it to do THAT much damage, yeesh.

Friend medals DO get keyblade boosts. They're just not as powerful and actually are kinda completely vague about the multipliers.

Psxphile

Friend medals DO get keyblade boosts. They're just not as powerful and actually are kinda completely vague about the multipliers.

How? You can't set them on your keyblade so how can it be boosted? You can boost them with support medals, yes... but the multipliers you get from keyblade slots aren't to be taken lightly.

Is it worth trying to bum rush the Beauty And The Beast Event? I totally forgot about it.

Also forgot about the HSC, but I'm so weak I can't even do the second Adamantium quest for anything :|

CRS

How? You can't set them on your keyblade so how can it be boosted? You can boost them with support medals, yes... but the multipliers you get from keyblade slots aren't to be taken lightly.

Friend medals do get keyblade multipliers. I'm sure the numbers are out there but each keyblade is different. And Keyblade level matters too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I first noticed it when Ava's BC Mickey hit way harder with one Keyblade vs another. +25 vs +22

The strength number when selecting a Friend medal changes, too.

CRS

Also, SENA really loves handing out VIP missions mid week. lmao

We've got a bunch of VIP quests starting 9/23 12AM (PT)! Upgrade your Medals, get Chip, Dale, and more! #KHUX

Cs10GLYUMAA4A4U.jpg

creid

If you look closely at the strength numbers for friend medals, you can see that the number changes slightly when you switch keyblades. Friend medals always get some boost from your keyblade, but it's small and seemingly non-trivial to calculate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tangentially, if you ever wanted to dump $15 into the game once in a while, the VIP quests (a full week, not half) is the best time to.

It basically allows you to get ALL your medals up to speed since the returns per AP is ridiculous on the upgrade quests, and there's a significant power gain for your best medals with the chipmunks.

It's by far the most bang-for-the-buck. Especially now with stacking medals, so you can stock up.

Also helps that you can stockpile the jewels for something you really want to pull on, rather than being locked into pulling on the active banner(s) for that week.

CRS

Tangentially, if you ever wanted to dump $15 into the game once in a while, the VIP quests (a full week, not half) is the best time to.

It basically allows you to get ALL your medals up to speed since the returns per AP is ridiculous on the upgrade quests, and there's a significant power gain for your best medals with the chipmunks.

It's by far the most bang-for-the-buck. Especially now with stacking medals, so you can stock up.

Also helps that you can stockpile the jewels for something you really want to pull on, rather than being locked into pulling on the active banner(s) for that week.

This is going to be the first time we see the true AP costs of the Upgade Your Medal quests tho. I'm expecting it not to be pretty at all and wonder how much stockpiling people will actually be able to do.

Falk

that puzzling face
Truth be told the IRL time savings vs running 30AP quests for 1 6* duckling = yes pls.

edit: Also presumably another Weekend Raid Boss for AP slingshots oh boy

I'm definitely going to take advantage of the VIP quests. Doesn't hurt that I'd like to work towards 30k jewels for something down the line.

New banner is 1500 for 5 medals, one of which is a 3 pipped AOE Epic medal. I pity anybody who pulls an Owl, Lumiere, etc, but otherwise it's kind of neat?

Falk

that puzzling face
1500 for 5 medals is... kinda better than the daily deal

edit: Er, as in, if you consider the 3 pips to be '3 medals'. Of course, largely prone to RNG but if you get a good one it basically means you're halfway set.

RalchAC

1500 for 5 medals is... kinda better than the daily deal

edit: Er, as in, if you consider the 3 pips to be '3 medals'. Of course, largely prone to RNG but if you get a good one it basically means you're halfway set.

Did a pull. Got:

- 5* Knight Goofy
- 5* Knight Goofy again (at least I'm guilting him now)
- 5* Magician Donald
- 5* Sleeping Beaty Witch.
6* Belle with 3 dots... the unit is neat but wish it would have been 5*

I got Hades with 3 pips. The rest were absolute trash though

Z38Gcxq.png

Eh, K Goofy and Leon ain't half bad when guilted unless you are a whale/very lucky with your pulls and happen to get better replacements before that happens. Certified Trash Tier is reserved for da Jumba.

Vexen in theory could be ok guilted since his max guilt is so high. But first you need to actually get him guilted AND get a good roll on the guilt.

It's just that AOE that gets a bonus from status effect is a pain in the ass to actually make the most of. Do we know yet if the status+ skills boost the bonus if procced?

Falk

that puzzling face
Basically my usage right now is Hag in 3rd slot, Vexen in 5th slot for Three Wishes. Single Target, both use SA. AOE, Hag just swipes to apply Paralysis.

It's an... OK-ish compromise, especially considering I get to use an AB1 on Vexen (not gonna blow AB2 on him - virtually half all the blue medals with status bonus are paralysis) to increase his damage further.

Divine Rose is all Upright for blue. No idea about Moogle of Glory.

Falk

that puzzling face
How many coins does the last Huge Watermelon drop?

Bwahahahaha I thought I was done. Then I noticed there was another area.

edit: Is "Defeat Huge Watermelon x5" broke?

edit2: Nevermind, obviously referring to the other screen watermelons

Also 2AP for refilling gauge = yay

Sölf

I managed to beat all except the level 300 Watermelon. Since I have no Paralysis+ or Sleep+ and I only survived the level 250 one with 27 HP, I probably won't be able to beat the 300 one. But oh boy, this event is... "interesting". But the boards are so fucking expensive, holy shit.

lyrick

Sölf;217835615 said:
I managed to beat all except the level 300 Watermelon. Since I have no Paralysis+ or Sleep+ and I only survived the level 250 one with 27 HP, I probably won't be able to beat the 300 one. But oh boy, this event is... "interesting". But the boards are so fucking expensive, holy shit.

I stopped after the lvl 150 Huge Watermelon pair and end up with roughly 150 coins, the two Avatar boards total 10,000 coins, so 65+ Quest runs for just the two avatar boarsd which doesn't even factor in the two Cid boards.

The both the power creep baseline and grind are getting out of control.

Brandson

Beat all the huge watermelons on the second screen on my first try starting with only 9/16 gauges on my TW keyblade. I wasn't expecting that. I thought I was just going to feel them out first, then come up with a plan. No plan needed apparently. With a decent heal, as long as you can get back 2 gauges every turn to use it, it seems like you can beat all of them. Max total number of coins per run is 463.

It helps to save the small watermelons to use for restoring gauges in between the huge ones.

Top Bottom