• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ava Pug

One down..

Q3RHKl0.jpg

7CDkTsC.jpg

+25 Olympia
Namine, Alice, Pooglet, BC Mickey 100% AB2Max, TR Sora 90% AB2 & BC Riku Friend AB2

So after playing around with different decks and RNG, I finally managed to 3-Mickey that first Moogle of Glory quest.

Um, are the others even possible for even whales? Level 200 enemies have ridiculous defense, and these guys have over 8 bars of HP!

That said, the objectives are not as crucial as the first one, at least. I guess you can just go around collecting materials on the map then survive a round or two against the target enemy to keep them.

Razmos

Couldn't even beat the first moogle quest, and thats with guilted medals and a level 25 olympia.

It was going fine up until the fire breather and the morning star who suddenly got a huge boost in defense, and then the black copter was fucking stupid too with huge defense, HP and a load of buffs.

I only managed to beat it because I accidently pressed ok to revive with jewels :(

Couldn't even beat the first moogle quest, and thats with guilted medals and a level 25 olympia.

It was going fine up until the fire breather and the morning star who suddenly got a huge boost in defense, and then the black copter was fucking stupid too with huge defense, HP and a load of buffs.

I only managed to beat it because I accidently pressed ok to revive with jewels :(

You have to get lucky with the fire breather and hope he only lowers your Magic defense. It becomes hard to defeat that group otherwise unless you have a Namine on hand.

Burbeting

Banned
I right now have Olympia and Divine Rose at +25, 3 Wishes and Treasure Trove at +23, and Starlight/Lady Luck at +20.

Should I concentrate on making 3W/TT to +25, or should I bump Starlight and Lady Luck to +23?

Ilvocare

More importantly: it's the 2nd week in a row we get jewels quests! Although a little bit different we will end up with 200jewels/day.

If the details in the notice are any indication, this isn't QUITE true... it's only TODAY that the quests add up to 200 jewels.

Tomorrow you get 60 jewels per quest which adds up to 300 jewels.

Wednesday gets nothing bu Thursday's quests give 80 per quests, so that's 400 jewels.

Friday ALSO gets nothing, and Saturday has 100 per quests for 500 jewels in total.

So ideally from this event alone one could conceivably get half the jewels they need for a 10-medal pull. Granted... the surrounding rewards are also escalating with the days, so expect the enemy levels to scale drastically.

also jesus christ these 5* or less medals objectives are like

hnnnnnnnnngh

they're not even hard it's just a huge fucking pain to retool one of your three slots

Brandson

Moogle 1 cleared with TT+25, using Alice, Pooglet, Illust Sora, Illust Cloud, and Lexaeus. Friend medal was Mushu, but wasn't used. Having to restart many times until the fire breather gave me a favourable status ailment was the irritating part.

Tidd

If the details in the notice are any indication, this isn't QUITE true... it's only TODAY that the quests add up to 200 jewels.

Tomorrow you get 60 jewels per quest which adds up to 300 jewels.

Wednesday gets nothing bu Thursday's quests give 80 per quests, so that's 400 jewels.

Friday ALSO gets nothing, and Saturday has 100 per quests for 500 jewels in total.

It's still 200jewels/day for the whole week. :D

Ava Pug

I got the third moogle quest done with Illust Riku, RAX, TVA 120%, TR Sora 90%, Darkside 120% and Sephiroth friend on +25 Lady Luck.

I don't think I can do the other 3 until I get better guilted medals or a power/magic 0 SP medal.

Brandson

I finished Moogle 2, but not killing everything in 1 turn. I did get the boss in 1 turn though.

Edit: Same for Moogle 3 and 4. I really struggle on the fire breather that spawns a gummy copter mob on each of these quests.

Edit #2: The boss of Moogle 5 is quite tough. Regardless, you need 2 Orichalcum to upgrade Moogle of Glory from +5>+6. I only have 1.

I finished Moogle 2, but not killing everything in 1 turn. I did get the boss in 1 turn though.

Edit: Same for Moogle 3 and 4. I really struggle on the fire breather that spawns a gummy copter mob on each of these quests.

Edit #2: The boss of Moogle 5 is quite tough. Regardless, you need 2 Orichalcum to upgrade Moogle of Glory from +5>+6. I only have 1.

Yeah, we're gonna need to wait for the next batch of story missions. Also, anyone who can't complete the first objective of the Moogle 1 will need to wait for two more batches.

Boogiepop

I'm trying to stick to not putting money in for at least the time being (so I need to wait till the weekend), so how afraid should I be of those quests? How important is it to be able to beat the later missions? Like, is it the sort where later missions are more efficient but you could farm the first, or do you need to take them all out to get the keyblade fully powered?

Brandson

The first two Moogle quests drop Kupo Seeds. The next ones drop Kupo Leaves, Blossoms, and Dew Drops, respectively. The first couple of Keyblade upgrades only need Seeds, then Leaves, and so on. Higher level upgrades probably will need a mix. So you'll eventually have to clear them all.

I just tried Moogle 2-4.

These are all impossible, even if I have all of my attack medals guilted. I need to guilt my premium medals. ;__;

At least Moogle 1 is out of the way.

Is the Moogle of Glory worth all this effort?

It does give us access to the Magic-nuke (like the Power-nuke on Olympia or the Speed-nuke on Divine Rose) once fully upgraded, but I swear that these quests are nearly impossible for over 99% of the player base.

Skittles

I'm glad they finally gave something whales to do. Must have been quite boring to only grind the coliseum

edit: speaking of the coliseum they sure fucked that up in japan with the release of the new roxas. People are easily at 500+ because of it

Skittles

What happened?
The new roxas medal gives 7 sp gauge for 0 cost. Meaning that if you guilted prems you can go as far into the coliseum as you want(as the only thing stopping you before was running out of gauge, because enemies don't hit harder after awhile they just gain more hp bars)

xclk07

I'm able to beat some of the MOG quests (not in one-turn... dear god! HOOOOOWWWWWW?!??!!), but I'm not getting the 3rd Mickey objective: defeat at least 15 enemies. Are there secret enemies I'm missing?

I'm able to beat some of the MOG quests (not in one-turn... dear god! HOOOOOWWWWWW?!??!!), but I'm not getting the 3rd Mickey objective: defeat at least 15 enemies. Are there secret enemies I'm missing?

From what I've heard, the enemy numbers are random. Have fun!

CRS

From what I've heard, the enemy numbers are random. Have fun!
Yep. Each run is different. So much RNG in these quests. The debuffs from that fire enemy is so frustrating and can ruin the level.

Also, restarting the game doesn't change the enemies so if you don't get enough, you have to spend the AP for it again.

Boogiepop

Man, this current High Score Challenge is awful. I decided to check the best multiplier I can do at the moment... and it ended up being 45% (unless I wanted to waste some Cids to add another 7%, I guess), which got me around place 2,800. So not even enough to get that skill that's the main prize for this event. I'm not too upset as it's not especially worth worrying over, but that's still a really lame event.

Kairi
Pooh
KH Aerith with APP
TAV 81% with AB
Queen 1 Dot with AB
Illust. Riku 130% with AB Max

I have a similar set-up but can only bring the boss down to 1.5 bars:

KH2 Kairi w/ Defense Boost II
RAX w/ APP
Pooh & Piglet w/ Defense Boost II
Illustrated Yuffie at 42% w/ Attack Boost II
Xigbar at 90% w/ Attack Boost II Max
Illustrated Yuffie at 39% w/ Attack Boost II

I have no idea how you know someone with a guilted Illustrated Riku. That's probably what makes it easier for you. Not everyone has access to something as powerful as that.

The only thing I think I can do to improve my set-up is to replace my Illustrated Yuffie with TVA, but it's not guilted. =/

At least I can semi-reliably finish the mission, though.

CRS

Oh for sure. It's not a normal circumstance, just commentating that whales should have no problem with this challenge either since they just throw everything they have at it.

I guess Proud Mode is where they MIGHT get a challenge since there's going to be more restrictions?

OK, after looking into it more, I have some tips for the Moogle of Glory quests:

1. Do not try to tackle all three objectives at once. It is pretty much impossible for you to maintain your special gauge through like 10 fights of high-level enemies. You can combine the first two into one attempt, but the "Defeat 15 enemies" objective needs to be its own run.

2. If you are attempting to defeat all enemies in 1 turn and the level 255 Copter Horde shows up, exit out of the mission and try again. Do not even bother with this enemy type. You won't beat it in one turn. It's also very, very likely to kill you, so yeah.

3. Have enough meter to use all of your specials on the target in one turn. You can go into the target with about a bar and a half under your total you need to spend and still have enough by the time the last medal rolls around. If you are getting costly enemy spawns, exit out of the mission and try again.

4. If you have no Pester Jester spawn, keep attempting the mission (assuming you can clear it). The best case scenario for 1-turning the boss (and all enemies, frankly) is to have none of the Pester Jesters spawn. You can also do a relatively safe run through if you just want to collect materials.

EDIT: Came up with a few more tips.

5. If you are going for the "Defeat 15 enemies" objective, restart if the Pester Jester does not spawn in the first room. There are a total of 5 Pester Jesters in each mission, and they spawn randomly. You are required to fight 4 of them in order to complete the objective. It is not worth your time to scout ahead 4 rooms to see if enough spawned. Only do an attempt if you see one in the first room, so that you don't have to rely on the next four spawning in a row. Also, the first fight is the easiest to do.

6. If you are going for the "Defeat 15 enemies" objective, it is OK to brute-force your way to finishing it. You are not required to 1-turn any enemies when you attempt this. If you feel that you are running out of special gauge and will die, then go ahead and spend the jewels to revive yourself. HOWEVER, make sure that your run is guaranteed to have at least 4 Pester Jester fights first. It is a waste otherwise.

7. Ask your party to help you! It is likely that someone in your party will have the medal you need in order to 1-turn everything, and depending on your level you may also find a good random friend medal. For example, I used a random friend's guilted Final Form Sora to complete the Kupo Blossoms quest (so far the only quest I managed to 1-turn everything in). It was just enough to 1-turn all the enemies I had spawned, along with the target.

Brandson

OK, after looking into it more, I have some tips for the Moogle of Glory quests:

These are all good tips. I managed to clear the first two objectives of Moogle 4 (Kupo Blossoms) just now by getting a particularly favourable set of enemies. Haven't seen 15 enemies yet.

Brandson

With a more powerful friend speed medal (maybe Illust Riku, or a guilted TVA) or another AB2 or AB2max, I could probably clear the first two objectives of Moogle 3. So far I can kill everything in one round and get the boss down to about 50% of the final hp bar.

CRS

Would it be worth it to use the last Illust. Yuffie to try to get a better reroll? It got a 24% Guilt and would like at least 35.

With a more powerful friend speed medal (maybe Illust Riku, or a guilted TVA) or another AB2 or AB2max, I could probably clear the first two objectives of Moogle 3. So far I can kill everything in one round and get the boss down to about 50% of the final hp bar.
What's your setup?

Brandson

Would it be worth it to use the last Illust. Yuffie to try to get a better reroll? It got a 24% Guilt and would like at least 35.

What's your setup?

I'd reroll that Yuffie, unless there is some benefit for you to have a spare.

I've now cleared all the objectives on Moogle 1, 3, and 4. I'm having trouble putting together a build for Moogle 2, and 5 is kind of nuts. The working setups are mixtures of premiums and guilted lower medals. The only guilted premium is TVA.

Moogle 3 setup: LL+25 with Illust Riku, guilted Marluxia, Pooglet, guilted TVA, Sephiroth. Friend medal was another guilted TVA.

Moogle 4 setup: TW+25 with Pooglet, Illust Terra, Illust Aqua, Illust Terra, guilted Hag. Friend medal was regular Aqua.

For both quests, I did the kill 15 enemy requirement in separate runs.

Edit: Just cleared Moogle 2 with a lot of S/L to refine the attack plan to find the most efficient use of attack gauges. Moogle 2 setup: TT+25 with Illust Sora, Pooglet, guilted Musketeer Goofy (67%), guilted KH Cloud (50%), guilted Lexaeus (100%). Friend medal was Illust. Cloud. The enemy distribution I was lucky to get on Moogle 2 that made this possible: Cannon, Invisible x2, Invisible, Jester + Cannon, Gargoyle x2, boss. On to Moogle 5!

Brandson

I don't appear to have a setup for Olympia that can kill the Moogle 5 boss in one turn. Anyone able to 1-turn it? I'm trying with TT now.

Razmos

Don't think we're getting anything till January, right? That's what I got from that notice they sent out about future updates.
That was a sneak peek at future content, we are nowhere near accessing that world yet, so there needs to be story quests before then to catch us up to that point.

Top Bottom