• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Grieves

Xigbar is a colorless though. Not that he wouldn't help on Ava (totally would) but his big purpose is a colorless nuke like BC Mickey.

edit: Come to think of it, if you're going for 3-turn, he does help do damage on turn 2 when Ava has defense buff up.
Would Namine help?

Also double post made my request for an invite end up on last page. Id: 19817

Cheers

Boogiepop

It's not worth it for the Watermelon event. Watermelons are more about grinding through than pure difficulty and we still have at least a week left for it. Just keep them all for the Moogle of Glory quests.
I mean, I largely just don't want to bother with the pure grind, and I've got just over 100 of the things right now. So I'd imagine I don't need to stockpile quite that many. Just trying to think on it...

I guess this will be it for the Chip & Dale weekend raid boss (since next Saturday is October 1st).

Despite all the grinding required, I still leveled up by like 30 levels and managed to score 20+ Chips & Dales, so I now have a good amount of usable medals for high-level missions.

I hope you were efficient with your AP and used it all before resetting it.

I missed one opportunity today because I accidentally got too much Lux off of the boss (ABII + Lux Plus betrayed me!), but other than that, I made full use of my AP with the special missions, including the VIP missions for this week.

I'm wondering if the format will be the same (lv10 = chipmunks) except the boss and color change.

Last month's was totally different, so I doubt it, personally.

EDIT: Something within the realm of possibility is for them to give away Brooms for next month's raid boss.

also

Banned
Last month's was totally different, so I doubt it, personally.

EDIT: Something within the realm of possibility is for them to give away Brooms for next month's raid boss.
Hmm, so what you're saying is that there's a chance we will have to level the boss to level 33 before the host/MVP get a 1 in 4 chance at a single broom? Sounds about right.

We're continuing the 200 jewels-a-day thing this week! I dunno why they keep making these on a weekly basis instead of just creating a permanent special quest, though. At least the extra bonuses are nice.

Anyways, it looks like the objectives are set up like this:

Objective 1 (200 Jewels) -> Easy
Objective 2 (Cid, Dale, Chip, or HDL) -> Medium
Objective 3 (Moogle) -> Hard

EDIT: Oh, and Moogle of Glory adamantite quests are up this week. And... they are far tougher than any of the ones we have for the other keyblades. Great.

EDIT2: Upon beating the first Moogle adamantite quest, I fulfilled the objective to get a title but I got no new title. What gives? =/

Razmos

5GGRVY8.png
From the 1500 deal.

0 to 92% on the first try! Woo

Tidd

Thanks to another weekly deal I decided to do a pull and got a BC Mickey. Two more regular Mickeys and I could guilt him. This was better than my last few 3000 jewels pulls. lol

44 health bars? 3 turns? WHAT ARE THESE QUESTS!!!?

CRS

Pt. 1:

Three groups of multiple enemies. Straightforward, take your AoE medals. 2nd battle had Tier 1 Defense Up.

Pt. 2:

One group of multiple enemies. NEED BELLE. All have +3 All Type Defense (except 1 or 2 has +2). After that, take your best AoE.

Pt. 3:

Will probably need Divine Rose or Olympia. Multiple types. Have only reached first battle.

• First battle:

1 Speed / 1 Power

• Second:

2 Speed (Gargoyles)

• Third:

1 Power / 2 Speed (Wyvern with STR +1 / Cannon Guns with All-Type Defense Boost +2)

• One Special Gauge chest. Quantity unknown.

• Fourth and Target:

1 Magic / 2 Power / 2 Speed ( Wizard / Hammers / Cannon Guns with All-Type Defense Boost +2)

Pt. 4:

Darkside (STR +1 / DEF +1)
He gets +1 when he attacks then goes back to +1. Same with Defense except he stays and maxes at 2.

Special gauges refill REALLY quickly. Basically, all abilities cost 1 less. Recommend Alice/Namine, a medal with APP (preferably Power), and all of your strongest single target medals. Cost should not be an issue if you take an APP medal. If it procs, you should refill your bar.

No idea what it does when it gets to low HP, only got it to 30 bars.

Will keep this updated.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just bulldozed MoG Adamantite Pt2 with BCM (no pips) Xigbar (4 pips) and 100% guilt BCM friend medal.

PSM defense? What PSM defense?!?

Brandson

Darkside (STR +1 / DEF +1)
He gets +1 when he attacks then goes back to +1. Same with Defense except he stays and maxes at 2.

Special gauges refill REALLY quickly. Basically, all abilities cost 1 less. Recommend Alice/Namine, a medal with APP (preferably Power), and all of your strongest single target medals. Cost should not be an issue if you take an APP medal. If it procs, you should refill your bar.

No idea what it does when it gets to low HP, only got it to 30 bars.

I defeated Darkside, in about 8 rounds in my one and only attempt so far. I got it to about +14 bars left in 3 rounds, then slowed down to survive long enough to kill it. When it got to about +5 bars, it did an attack that healed itself to about +10, then didn't heal again on me all the way to the end. I didn't dispel it at all and never got 1-shot from full health. I would need a stronger single-target power medal than guilted KH Cloud, which is not exactly bad to begin with, to have any hope of 3-rounding it.

So I don't have any dots on my 5* black coat Mickey but I do have three dots on my kh2 cloud, should I 6* Mickey and replace cloud with a 5* musketeer goofy?
My other tt medals are xemnas, pooh and kh1 cloud with 2 dots.

Think you want to keep both around. They're useful in different situations.

But is it still worth upgrading mickey? I can't 1 turn the adamantite quests after the first one for all keyblades and he comes up with a bonus on some High score events so I was thinking of replacing cloud on my main treasure trove deck. I don't follow chi news/meta so I may be using my medals inefficiently ~_~.

Also, last time I asked for advice about medals somebody said timeless river pete was good, but he seems very average to me atm.

Boogiepop

Geeze, has anyone actually managed Moogle of Glory's part 4 and 5 for adamantite? Those seem... intimidating. Then again, it'll be a while before I can even think about getting my Moogle of Glory to the point where I could use them, anyway...

Actually, that has me wondering if it would be irresposible to pump the Adamantite I have in stock (including the ones from the first 3 MoG quests) into the other keyblades, since I'd imagine I could probably handle those last 2-3 part 5s for the other keyblades that I haven't done by the point I can actually get the MoG to +20...

Skittles

Geeze, has anyone actually managed Moogle of Glory's part 4 and 5 for adamantite? Those seem... intimidating. Then again, it'll be a while before I can even think about getting my Moogle of Glory to the point where I could use them, anyway...

Actually, that has me wondering if it would be irresposible to pump the Adamantite I have in stock (including the ones from the first 3 MoG quests) into the other keyblades, since I'd imagine I could probably handle those last 2-3 part 5s for the other keyblades that I haven't done by the point I can actually get the MoG to +20...
I wouldn't worry about the latter moogle adam quests right now. Some people in japan struggle with that. Someone in global did it with this setup though
pooglet w/app

alice

Ill sora, abmax2 112%

ill cloud, ab2 87&

xaldin ab2 99%

shared xaldin ab2 96%

Depends. I have 4 Adamantites right now, so I'll be able to upgrade my MoG to +24 by beating the first 3 quests for it, and I can get it to +25 if I can ever beat Darkside. If you used all the Adamantite as you got it then I can see a problem arising.

I wouldn't worry about the latter moogle adam quests right now. Some people in japan struggle with that. Someone in global did it with this setup though
pooglet w/app

alice

Ill sora, abmax2 112%

ill cloud, ab2 87&

xaldin ab2 99%

shared xaldin ab2 96%

What I don't get is why this is a MoG adamantite quest. That keyblade is far more suited for Power enemies. Divine Rose would be the best keyblade to handle Darkside (assuming you have Xigbar, or else it'd be TT otherwise).

At least I have a guilted TR Goofy, and once Brooms come in I can guilt my Illustrated Sora and Lexaeus, so it's not outside the realm of possibility for me.

xclk07

I'm still smirking that we don't have enough Orch. to upgrade MOG anyhow... really jumped the gun on those adam. quests!

Maaaaaybe a story update this week? It's been so long. :-(

Boogiepop

Man, you know what would be really nice, but will probably never happen because it's too pro-player: if they occasionally knocked medals down a rarity tier. Like, move some of the real crap/useless gacha medals (Bambi and his ilk) into farmables, some crummier epics into the normal pool, and maybe even one of the lesser premiums into the epic draw category. Especially since those draw pools are getting more and more cluttered, it would be nice to see them "clean it up" every now and again. But I guess we've had some nice improvements lately, so there's no need to complain too much right now, outside of the baffling fact that we STILL don't have those damn brooms!

Famassu

So i just started playing this today. how do i play online with other people? not sure how
There's no real multiplayer yet, that's coming in 2017. You just join a party and get friend medals you can choose to help in missions and can help and get help beating raid bosses. It works in a way that if/when you die in a raid boss, the game sends requests to people in your party and if they are playing, they can attack the boss too, bringing the boss down quicker.

Boogiepop

...that is NOT cool, game. I had stockpiled like 45 Cids or so since the stacking update. They disappeared (along with the fairy godmothers I had, but eh), with no explanation. I've only been selling munny medals and farmables, which are nowhere near the Cids in my current pile. This is super freaking lame. I contacted Customer Support via email, so hopefully they actually fix this, as this really sucks.

Honestly, Lumiere isn't that bad and Zack has his niche as long as you have Pain & Panic, Axel, or the Cards.

My guilted Aladdin is one of my best medals.
Hmmmmm, I do have P&P. I mostly use it for Poison, but I guess it'd be a pretty big gamble where if I can't finish the opponents in 1 turn they'll wipe me out from the reduced HP. Or, I'd use Minnie after Zack. However, that means I'm using 3 different colors for this combo, which seems inefficient.

Hmmmmm, I do have P&P. I mostly use it for Poison, but I guess it'd be a pretty big gamble where if I can't finish the opponents in 1 turn they'll wipe me out from the reduced HP. Or, I'd use Minnie after Zack. However, that means I'm using 3 different colors for this combo, which seems inefficient.

Pain & Panic + Zack in Olympia is a devastating combo if he's guilted.

Burbeting

Banned
Is starlight viable anywhere in the game? Trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade it to +25, or to save the spare ores for the MoG keyblade, which I might never actually be able to level up.

Also, finished up on all story quest objectives, which means I need to start obtaining shards and coins from somewhere else.

Pain & Panic + Zack in Olympia is a devastating combo if he's guilted.
I don't think that's going to happen for a long, long time. I'm F2P, so slow jewel buildup = I rarely pull. I did so here, after seeing a bunch of talk about it being a good banner for getting SAB / dots. I don't have one single gacha medal with a Special Attack Bonus. Thus, my logic was "I'm never going to be lucky enough to get a premium medal, so I may as well try to get some good medals with SAB". That didn't pan out. :/

My keyblades are only +21, w/ Olympia at +22 and Divine Rose at +20 and no MoG.
I haven't been able to beat anything but the first the Adamantite challenges.

My current useful medals:
5* Minnie w/ DB2 (my only one)
5* DiZ w/ DB1
5* Aerith w/ DB1
5* Vivi w/ DB1
5* Judy & Nick w/ DB1
5* Cogsworth
5* KH Kairi
5* Lumiere
6* Lumiere w/ 3 dots

6* I.Aerith w/ AB2, 41%
6* HD Aqua w/ AB2
6* Old Hag w/ Paralysis+ & 2 dots
6* Hades w/ AB1 & 1 dot
6* KH2 King Mickey w/ AB2 & 5 dots
6* Wisdom Form Sora w/ AB1 & 2 dots

6* I. Yuffie w/ AB2, 39%
6* Stitch w/ AB2, 25%
6* Limit Form Sora w/ AB1
6* Hydra w/ 3 dots
6* Pain & Panic w/ Poison & 1 dot
6* Shadow w/ AB1, 5 dots
6* KH2 Sora Ver. A w/ 4 dots
6* Tifa w/ Sleep+ & 2 dots
6* The Queen

6* Wakka w/ AB1, 22%
6* Y.Herc w/ Paralysis, 21%
6* KH Cloud w/ AB2
6* Cerebus w/ AB1
6* Timeless River Pete

creid

...that is NOT cool, game. I had stockpiled like 45 Cids or so since the stacking update. They disappeared (along with the fairy godmothers I had, but eh), with no explanation. I've only been selling munny medals and farmables, which are nowhere near the Cids in my current pile. This is super freaking lame. I contacted Customer Support via email, so hopefully they actually fix this, as this really sucks.
You sure it's not a filter hiding them?

Boogiepop

You sure it's not a filter hiding them?
Yeah, it's not that, they're just gone.
---------------------
Also, this may sound a little overdramatic over losing a stash of Cids, though that was more the trigger to me actually mentally confronting the issue, but... I think I may need to call it quits with this game. In thinking on it, it's just kind of been a giant, time consuming grind cycle of gathering bits and pieces to slightly upgrade my gear to in turn get more stuff for slight upgrades, all while praying the ever-annoying RNG takes mercy, and now the story quests have slowed down to once a month, and even then it may just end up some sort of "fetch quest" that sends you back and forth across the map for a trivial reason. And really, I'm honestly not sure why I'm still playing, outside of pure inertia and a solid case of sunk cost fallacy.

The one thing that's making me hesitate is... is there any end in sight, whatsoever? Like, thanks to the browser game and the JP missions being ahead, we have at least some idea of general progression, right? Like, maybe if there's some hope to the idea of just doing the minimal logins to hoard jewels to eventually come back when the game is winding down, that could be a thing to consider. But then again, the smart play really may be just to quit cold turkey and just youtube the story if need be at this point...

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly if you could be arsed to do a daily login and maybe any easy quests that come by, if you take a look at the average pull JP has now, that's where global would be in a few months with pulls potentially containing a bunch of premiums at once.

But then again, that's just playing further into sunk cost fallacy and unless the banners get a little more forgiving (we've seen that all of once, with the BCMickey deal) it's still mucking around with RNG.

Sölf

God bless our totally OP shared BC Mickey with 97% guilt. Managed to beat Olympia 2 and Moogle of Glory 1 (without actually having the keyblade yet).

Boogiepop

Honestly if you could be arsed to do a daily login and maybe any easy quests that come by, if you take a look at the average pull JP has now, that's where global would be in a few months with pulls potentially containing a bunch of premiums at once.

But then again, that's just playing further into sunk cost fallacy and unless the banners get a little more forgiving (we've seen that all of once, with the BCMickey deal) it's still mucking around with RNG.
Yeah, thanks. It wouldn't be too bad to keep it on in that minor capacity, but in mulling it over, I've opted for a clean break. Just better for my mental state if nothing else, as I've let this game control more of my scheduling than I'd like to admit. But yeah, went for a cold turkey approach and deleted the game (I did at least send my group a message first, though, so they should be able to boot me and not have a problem). And for what it's worth, I at least do have the facebook link, so if I decide way down the line when the game is wrapping up its plot or whatever to jump back in, that'll be there.

If nothing else, this has at least served as a firm lesson of what I already suspected, in that F2P just doesn't work for me, and I really shouldn't let myself get caught up in that whole spiral.

CRS

Finally got that 600 coin node in the Coliseum board. Super close to top 1000 as well but don't think I'm gonna make it.

Oh thank god, doing 3 VIP mission runs and being out of AP has been awful.
Theoretically one could just grind the hell out of them and not need to worry about exp, evo medals, or Munny for like months.

It's been like that for me and Munny since the last 0 AP event. I had 25 million by the end of it lol.

Gonna try to grind to at least 50 million before this ends. That'll set me until like next year haha.

Top Bottom