• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

It helps to save the small watermelons to use for restoring gauges in between the huge ones.
Yep. I run straight to the second screen and work my way left. I go back to we fill my gauge once before I finish off the 150s. One shot all of them.

Boogiepop

...man, I'm actually kind of torn on doing some pulls on this versus continuing to save up for something good. Mainly because if I actually COULD roll the BC Mickey just once, I'd have him guilted. But with my luck, I'd probably get nothing but Owl or something.

Edit: There's 20 possible medals to pull, and even if I assume I can do 5 pulls, those aren't good odds to get the ONE specific medal I'd want. And even though there are some other perfectly fine medals to draw from that pool, I can't guilt them without getting two from this event. Plus there are some straight up duds in there. So yeah, gonna save my jewels, much as the dream of spending 1500 and finally guilting BC Mickey is a tempting one.

Famassu

I almost want to pull, but at this point I feel almost like I should just keep collecting jewels until I have, like 200,000 of them and the game has been introduced with far better medals than what are available currently. >_>; It's not like I'm hurting to get better medals in the story missions and some of the other quest are just lulz, not gonna happen even if I pull the best medal available atm.

Over 1/50th of 200,000 collected.

Sölf

I stopped after the lvl 150 Huge Watermelon pair and end up with roughly 150 coins, the two Avatar boards total 10,000 coins, so 65+ Quest runs for just the two avatar boarsd which doesn't even factor in the two Cid boards.

The both the power creep baseline and grind are getting out of control.

I got a bit over 400 after killing everything except the level 300 one. The level 250 one alone gave me 100 coins.

MiTYH

Pulled once on the 1500 banner because I'm weak. Notable of the pulls were:

- Blue 6-star KH CoM Black Coat Riku
- Red 5-star Timeless River Pete

Boogiepop

Huh, well this event seems more than a little on the grindy side. Wonder what the most efficient method for tackling it would be... like, it seems like time is more important than AP for this, so it seems like it may not be worth bothering to take out all of the enemies...

Either way, probably not going to bother filling in the bonus boards this time at least.

Famassu

I was weak. Did two pulls. Got Musketeer Goofy and Ice Titan as the three dotted ones, which puts both of these at four dots since I had one of each before. Other notable pulls were the last Valor Sora to get him guilted (omg, my first non-paid, non-farmable, non-event related guilt :O ), Queen and KH Sora B (almost quilted as well).

Other stuff I pulled were Genie, Mulan, KH Leon A, KHII Cloud and Magician Donald.

EDIT: So, unless my elementary grade math fails me, you need 5100 coins to fully fill up one of the clothing boards in the event. If one ignores the costly 500 clothing that doesn't hide extra Chips, Dales or Cids behind it, you need 9200 coins to buy all the nodes (ignoring the extra boards). I got 73 coins by just doing the first room and ignoring the high level melons in the second room. That means you'll have to go through the quest that way for ~127 times to buy all the upgrade nodes. If you want to ignore Dales and just go for increasing attack power & Cids, you only need 3400 coins per board, so 6800 total, which is about 94 times if the number of coins is roughly the same each time. That's 9-10 times per day if you for all the upgrades (if you want to divide the playthroughs of the quest evenly for the duratio of the event), 6-7 times if you go for attack power. You can add a few dozen times if you want the clothing. Lol extra boards.

"Deal 80,000 damage in 1 hit."

eo28lVe.gif

I was personally able to do it with my guilted Illustrated Cid, but I can't imagine many others being so lucky.

Sölf

I can do 80k damage with +3 buff on the -2 debuffed Melon enemies with my fully guilted Illustrated Aerith if it activates ATK Boost 2. Since I have no card to debuff enemies, I won't be able to do that. Seriously, what a retarded requirement.

"Deal 80,000 damage in 1 hit."

eo28lVe.gi

I was personally able to do it with my guilted Illustrated Cid, but I can't imagine many others being so lucky.
I laughed when I saw that. I was lucky enough to get a guilted Marluxia medal come in the friend medal rotation. With piglet and kh2 Kairi, it went over 110k lol. What a ridiculous objective.

Famassu

Did a third pull. Another Musketeer Goofy with 3 dots. + KH Yuffie, Donald B, yet another KH Leon A and Captain Goofy (<- I'd probably be able to guilt this one if I hadn't sold all the previous ones I've gotten in the early-ish days when medal stacking wasn't a thing yet and I needed room).

Almost seems like a waste to combine it with the one with 4 dots. :S This game really should have some system like "each extra dot raises the minimum guilt % (or likelihood of a high %)" or something.

Debating whether I want to look up Musketeer Goofy's max guilt before guilting or live in happy ignorance of that 50% guilt when 130 is the maximum or something.

EDIT: UuuuUUUuu, 98%.

Famassu

How in fuck are you supposed beat any of these adamantine quests past the second one? I now had three guilted medals, tier 2 str buff and yet still I'm nowhere near close to beating Treasure Trove #3. -_-

lyrick

Got my hopes up hearing you guys talk about the Moogle of Glory quest all week like it was possible for normal players that can't those Boss enemies in the adamantite quests...

So any F2P players sneak through? How did you pull it off?

Also lol @ 80K in one hit, even with an illustrated Aerith @36%, 3 Magic Ups and 2 attack Ups w/ an Attack boost 2 I only hit for 67.5K (on a 1.6x slot) :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, that's probably why. As backwards as it sounds, you want to skim the easy missions to pump your best-loaded keyblade up to +24 or +25 which makes stuff massively easier. Going from a 1.6 to 2.4 multiplier isn't a x1.5 increase in damage. It's likely a x3-4 increase in damage on difficult content just due to how it scales vs enemy defense.

Famassu

Too late now, at least for the keyblades' adamantine quests prior to Divine Rose. I guess I have to do Divine Rose #2 to get another adamantine and then spend the two to get one keyblade to 23 for some extra uumph.

Falk

that puzzling face
Was gonna say 'well at least there are MoG Adamantite quests to help with a few more'

Then I checked out MoG Adamantite 2 (JP) on YouTube.

Ye gads.

Boogiepop

How in fuck are you supposed beat any of these adamantine quests past the second one? I now had three guilted medals, tier 2 str buff and yet still I'm nowhere near close to beating Treasure Trove #3. -_-
For what it's worth, IIRC the part 3s are all centered around guage usage, so Attack Prize Plus is a HUGE benefit for all those. Also, at least for the Treasure Trove one (and I think for most of them), you want to focus on AOE as opposed to single target. For what it's worth, you also don't need to do it with the specific keyblade mentioned. For example, if you have your Olympia good and buffed up, it can be handy there.

Also, HOLY CRAP at the Moogle of Glory quests. Those... those will not be happening for a while, despite the fact that I can handle every other piece of content in the game right now, outside of half the Adamantite part 5s. Geeze...

Famassu

For what it's worth, IIRC the part 3s are all centered around guage usage, so Attack Prize Plus is a HUGE benefit for all those. Also, at least for the Treasure Trove one (and I think for most of them), you want to focus on AOE as opposed to single target. For what it's worth, you also don't need to do it with the specific keyblade mentioned. For example, if you have your Olympia good and buffed up, it can be handy there.

Also, HOLY CRAP at the Moogle of Glory quests. Those... those will not be happening for a while, despite the fact that I can handle every other piece of content in the game right now, outside of half the Adamantite part 5s. Geeze...
Treasure Trove #3 is actually the lvl 130 or 140 card soldier thing. So it's all about being able to deal, like, 9 health bars worth of damage to that single enemy/boss in a single turn. I can demolish maybe 6-7 or however many that still left it with about 2+ bars

Boogiepop

Treasure Trove #3 is actually the lvl 130 or 140 card soldier thing. So it's all about being able to deal, like, 9 health bars worth of damage to that single enemy/boss in a single turn. I can demolish maybe 6-7 or however many that still left it with about 2+ bars
Oh right, my bad, it's the part 4s that are guage focused! For what it's worth, it's entirely possible to do some of the Part 4s even if you can't handle the Part 3s.

Edit: In fact, I think those cards may be one of the worst sub-part 5 quests, so definitely don't get too discouraged, and give some other stuff a shot.

Do you have your Musketeer Goofy chipped out? I can see him being a mainstay on your deck since you got such a high guilt percentage with him, but his true potential is not unlocked until you increase his base damage.

Famassu

Oh right, my bad, it's the part 4s that are guage focused! For what it's worth, it's entirely possible to do some of the Part 4s even if you can't handle the Part 3s.

Edit: In fact, I think those cards may be one of the worst sub-part 5 quests, so definitely don't get too discouraged, and give some other stuff a shot.
Might have to try one of those #4s at some point, then.

Do you have your Musketeer Goofy chipped out? I can see him being a mainstay on your deck since you got such a high guilt percentage with him, but his true potential is not unlocked until you increase his base damage.
Only got +100 and ABII on him at the moment. Will be putting every Chip on him until he's maxed out.

Sölf

Too late now, at least for the keyblades' adamantine quests prior to Divine Rose. I guess I have to do Divine Rose #2 to get another adamantine and then spend the two to get one keyblade to 23 for some extra uumph.

I am pretty much in the same boat, I haven't pumped everything into a single keyblade. Oh welp.

Also, thanks to the Jewel Daily events, the last few daily logins and the 100 Login bonus of 500 jewels, I now have nearly 4000. Are the current pulls any good or should I wait for future pulls?

Sölf;217972604 said:
I am pretty much in the same boat, I haven't pumped everything into a single keyblade. Oh welp.

Also, thanks to the Jewel Daily events, the last few daily logins and the 100 Login bonus of 500 jewels, I now have nearly 4000. Are the current pulls any good or should I wait for future pulls?

I got lucky with getting a Hades for my 3-pip pull (which puts me one away from guilting him), but I can't really recommend it unless you are in dire need of AoE medals.

Sölf

I got lucky with getting a Hades for my 3-pip pull (which puts me one away from guilting him), but I can't really recommend it unless you are in dire need of AoE medals.

Well, the only dire AoE need would be Magic, since King Mickey is basically my only "good" Magic medal. All other are single target (Illus Aerith, Hag, Winnie & Piglet, Vivi, Aqua). But, yeah, Speed is nearly all AoE and Power also has enough AoE medals, but lacks overall strength.

Sölf;217973270 said:
Well, the only dire AoE need would be Magic, since King Mickey is basically my only "good" Magic medal. All other are single target (Illus Aerith, Hag, Winnie & Piglet, Vivi, Aqua). But, yeah, Speed is nearly all AoE and Power also has enough AoE medals, but lacks overall strength.

This is hilarious because your medals for all colors are the exact opposite of what most of the medal pools consist of.

Magic has more AoE than ST.
Speed has more ST than AoE.
Power overall has the most strength out of the 3 categories (Hercules, KH Cloud, Leon Ver. B, Pete).

Sölf

This is hilarious because your medals for all colors are the exact opposite of what most of the medal pools consist of.

Magic has more AoE than ST.
Speed has more ST than AoE.
Power overall has the most strength out of the 3 categories (Hercules, KH Cloud, Leon Ver. B, Pete).

I mean, power does have strength, but compared to some of the power houses (Hag, Aqua, Illus Aerith), my KH 2 Cloud is still my strongest Power medal. With 1 pip. Seriously. Stuff like Timeless Pete is better than most of my Power medals and that one has no pips and isn't even at +1000/+1000 yet.

Famassu

Sölf;217972604 said:

I'm not disappointed with doing three pulls of the 1500 jewel kind with the jewels I'd been saving for most of September, but that's mostly because I got that Musketeer Goofy guilt out of it. Your milage may vary. Do you need a potentially good or even great AOE medal with 3 pips already? Then maybe do one pull?

Also, this 80k damage objective is ridiculous. So I've got Illustr. Cid on Olympia's 2.37x spot. He has a full 50% guilt & ABII, is +1000 Chipped and was Tier 3 STR buffed and the enemy had a tier 1 def debuff. 74k damage with ABII activating. -_-

EDIT: Managed to do it. At first I had Piglet, Owl, Vivi and then Cid on Olympia, but that only got me to ~74-75k damage. Then I noticed i had the candle dude from Beauty & the Beast and that it has a Power-based tier 1 def debuff, so I replaced Owl with it and that pushed me past the objective to 86k damage. :3

Psxphile

Friend medal once again helped me with the 80k objective. This time a high guilt Marluxia w/ AB2max and 3x strength boost on the Magic target.

Ugh, weekend Raid boss again. Talk about a grind fest. So not in the mood for this.

Famassu

Way too much grinding for so little reward. Maybe if one had a party with 30 really active players, but it seems our party has somewhat died out (at least when it comes to playing these ridiculously grindy Raid Boss events). Not fun killing these things alone. :S Also, should be a week-long event. Way too tedious trying to kill 10 in two days.

Sölf

I probably won't even do the raid boss and not much in the melon thingy. It just cost so fucking much and takes so much time, ugh. This game. I have a life, you know?

Sölf;217980164 said:
I probably won't even do the raid boss and not much in the melon thingy. It just cost so fucking much and takes so much time, ugh. This game. I have a life, you know?

Yeah, it's getting too grindy now. It's not even interesting or anything, it's more of a battle attrition doing the same mission 50+ times. After going for the Sweetheart Beast medals and the other weekend raid events I'm getting a bit tired. Doesn't help that I'm busy this weekend. These events are a poor substitute for real missions.

I cashed out my jewels because I felt it'd be more beneficial now than hoping to pull Kairi. Got some decent stuff with 3 pipped Hades, Pain & Panic, Xigbar, Musketeer Donald and a Lumiere.

Also, I doubt anyone is still looking for a party but if you are, I can cut some stragglers. Just don't see the point in booting them without a replacement though.

Grieves

I cashed out my jewels because I felt it'd be more beneficial now than hoping to pull Kairi. Got some decent stuff with 3 pipped Hades, Pain & Panic, Xigbar, Musketeer Donald and a Lumiere.

Also, I doubt anyone is still looking for a party but if you are, I can cut some stragglers. Just don't see the point in booting them without a replacement though.
Unicorns? My party has died and I could do with finding a more active party. I'm ftp though if that's a problem.

Yeah, I'm having a dilemma whether to wait for Kiari or try and pull in the hope I can guilt my 5 pipped Siax

Grieves

Well it wouldn't be just for that. I've just reached the Ava battle and realised that I don't have any strong speed medals. Getting a 6 star 3 pipped speed medal would really help. However, the odds of me picking crap up means I think I'm going to wait.

My Siax is boosted so I am quite keen to get it guilted as it's my strongest medal.

Boogiepop

Guys, about how many skip tickets should I keep around for when I can finally deal with the Moogle of Glory objectives? I have a moderate stash of them, and as it turns out, they're rather nice for that obnoxious watermelon event running right now...

CRS

Guys, about how many skip tickets should I keep around for when I can finally deal with the Moogle of Glory objectives? I have a moderate stash of them, and as it turns out, they're rather nice for that obnoxious watermelon event running right now...

It's not worth it for the Watermelon event. Watermelons are more about grinding through than pure difficulty and we still have at least a week left for it. Just keep them all for the Moogle of Glory quests.

3 pip Xigbar is a great get. Slightly more cost-efficient BCM that works with different keyblade.

Yup, he's already pretty nasty as my BCM is still poop tier. He fits into my Divine Rose nicely as all of my really good medals seem to be magic and speed.

Unicorns? My party has died and I could do with finding a more active party. I'm ftp though if that's a problem.

Doesn't matter if you're f2p, as long as you're active.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well it wouldn't be just for that. I've just reached the Ava battle and realised that I don't have any strong speed medals. Getting a 6 star 3 pipped speed medal would really help. However, the odds of me picking crap up means I think I'm going to wait.

My Siax is boosted so I am quite keen to get it guilted as it's my strongest medal.

Xigbar is a colorless though. Not that he wouldn't help on Ava (totally would) but his big purpose is a colorless nuke like BC Mickey.

edit: Come to think of it, if you're going for 3-turn, he does help do damage on turn 2 when Ava has defense buff up.

Top Bottom