• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Because of Jack?

Basically what Burb said, the Halloween Town Goofy makes it really easy to breeze by 2's and 5's rounds. The single addition of the Goofy allowed to move from round 53 to 81 in the last coliseum.

I've mainly been using Piglet, Lumiere (lately guilted Card Soldiers) RAX, Halloween Goofy, and Guilted Shadow on an +24/+25 Olympia. And this has even worked on early off-color rounds.

The Jack has been helpful in my Divine Rose for the 9's rounds since I don't have a really good set of speed medals. That setup is Piglet, RAX, CoM BC Riku, Jack, and Guilted Shadow on a +24.

But I've been going through by 1-turning the 2, 5, and 9 rounds since the bars aren't that crazy (yet).

Famassu

I never got around to using my 2 APPs for fear of wasting them. Is RAX a good place to put my APP skill?
Very good. I have my APP on RAX and I've had no regrets.

at least there's an alice there.

it could actually be worse

edit: Anyone else noticing random target (e.g. 3D Aqua) focusing on one enemy now?
Alice could've been ok but I already have one and I also have Belle who does what Alice does and is AOE. One dot on Alice. Whoopidoodaah.

And no, nothing weird happening with Aqua. Attacked different raid boss parts

CRS

You can also use your APP on temporary medals like low tier buffers (which I've done). And when you find a better medal for it, you can just transfer it over.

But yeah, RAX is probably the best medal in the game for APP.

Alice could've been ok but I already have one and I also have Belle who does what Alice does and is AOE. One dot on Alice. Whoopidoodaah.

And no, nothing weird happening with Aqua. Attacked different raid boss parts

You also got a TR Sora. The TR Sora/Donald/Goofy medals are one of the best ST medals in the game.

For example, with proper buffing my guilted TR Goofy medal can shave off 8+ health bars by itself.

Skittles

Probably gonna throw the ATBII+APP on the goofy I just got. He seems like a great candidate for it. Any of the illustrated buffers would be great too(like riku and sora)

Sölf

Got around 300k points in the Highscore Challenge and I doubt I will reach ~500k. I have not a single medal that could give me a modifier (well, the Halloween Goofy, but mine is still a 5*).

Aside from that, I got back to tier 10 in coliseum. I also farmed the 5* evolve medals, so I only need to farm the magic evolve medals in order to evolve my Jack and guilt him.

I also tried the first Moogly of Glory quest. Yeah, no thank you, not with the medals I currently have.

Famassu

You also got a TR Sora. The TR Sora/Donald/Goofy medals are one of the best ST medals in the game.

For example, with proper buffing my guilted TR Goofy medal can shave off 8+ health bars by itself.
Actually yeah, I mixed TR Sora to TR Mickey, which I've seen listed pretty near to the bottom of tier lists. I guess I got one good new medal out of this. Slightly less unhappy about the pull, although getting Abu, Genie, Pluto, Bambi, Jumbo and Cinderella (like, 6 of the bottom 10 medals in the game) in the same pull still feels like a big fuck you at this point in the game, considering how much the announcement of the pull hyped it.

Sölf

Decided to pull the reverse medals:

ebx9XZt.jpg

Would have liked more Queens and Hags instead of Timeless Pete, but eh, I take all of those, since no one of them is close to being guilted. Also another Lexaeus, which is good. And my first Xaldin and Pain & Panic, which may also come in handy.

Next week I need to farm all those evolve medals and exp medals in order to upgrade all of this. D:

Famassu

I might need to do a reversed pull since I might be actually be able to guilt Hag or TR Pete then or at least get pretty close to doing so, if I get 2-3 of either one.

We also technically still have the weekly 1400 jewels, though the gem event quests. Apparently there are 70 rounds, and you get 100 jewels every 5 rounds.

Although I'm not sure if people will be able to handle the difficulty of the later rounds (I'm only just starting the ** rounds).

I'm guessing the fights to get gems are going to be utterly ridiculous, right?
The wording of the update makes it sound like maybe we at least won't have to one-turn them...

CRS

I'm guessing the fights to get gems are going to be utterly ridiculous, right?
The wording of the update makes it sound like maybe we at least won't have to one-turn them...

b53fdddce988a5e7d6a0cc9e9d6684d4.png

Also, don't use your gems right away. Maybe you want to increase your Olympia over Treasure Trove and Divine Rose over Lady Luck.

Burbeting

Banned
The gem missions are mostly doable. I had to use revive on last two once (LVL295 Black gummi fleet and lvl 300 Cloud), everything else was not that difficult.

Three Wishes, Treasure Trove and Divine ROSE are +26 now, yay.

lyrick

That's cool...

I only have 1 keyblade at level 23 though, I'll just continue to feel like i'm on the less capable & less content FTP track.

Unlocked the Moogle of Glory Keyblade over the weekend with one "complete without continuing" Mickey. Maybe I'll catch up to this whole level up Gem thing by the time the next Uber content rolls around.

That's cool...

I only have 1 keyblade at level 23 though, I'll just continue to feel like i'm on the less capable & less content FTP track.

Unlocked the Moogle of Glory Keyblade over the weekend with one "complete without continuing" Mickey. Maybe I'll catch up to this whole level up Gem thing by the time the next Uber content rolls around.

The event only lasts for a week.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think what's a little bit offputting is this is the first kind of upgrade material that is both time-limited and missable. Mythril Crystals, Orichalcum, Adamantite, heck even Proud mode drops in future, they're all either permanent or permanently recurring.

Gem mission rewards that have gone away, are gone for good.

Ala Alba

So, it seems I got kicked from my party (probably for being too casual).

Is there a GAF Vulpes party that has room for a fairly casual player?

I think what's a little bit offputting is this is the first kind of upgrade material that is both time-limited and missable. Mythril Crystals, Orichalcum, Adamantite, heck even Proud mode drops in future, they're all either permanent or permanently recurring.

Gem mission rewards that have gone away, are gone for good.

This leads me to believe that gem missions will also be recurring.

Famassu

Reversed pull was pretty ok for me. Got enough Hags to guilt her, one TR Pete so that's only a couple of medals away from guilting and got first dot for Larxene and Pain & Panic and second dot for the Queen + got my first Xemnas & Cerberus.

Not that the game let me be too happy for all that long. Guitled Hag and got 25% -_-

And then I got a 91% for Jack on my first try. Game redeemed.

So, it seems I got kicked from my party (probably for being too casual).

Is there a GAF Vulpes party that has room for a fairly casual player?
If you play maybe 1-2 times per week and occasionally contribute to Raid Bosses when you see a notification for one and don't have anything more urgent to do, sure, our party has room. We're not the most awesome party around, but we've got some nice medals shared, from a 98% BC Mickey, 100% Musketeer Goofy & all the Illustrated premium avatar board medals (Aeris, Cid & Yuffie) at ~50% to some non-guilted but still pretty nice medals (i.e. Illustrated Terra with Attack Prize Plus)

Ala Alba

If you play maybe 1-2 times per week and occasionally contribute to Raid Bosses when you see a notification for one and don't have anything more urgent to do, sure, our party has room. We're not the most awesome party around, but we've got some nice medals shared, from a 98% BC Mickey, 100% Musketeer Goofy & all the Illustrated premium avatar board medals (Aeris, Cid & Yuffie) at ~50% to some non-guilted but still pretty nice medals (i.e. Illustrated Terra with Attack Prize Plus)

Yeah, that sounds about right for me. I used to play a lot, but I'm mostly just logging in every day and doing some of the events, grinding stacks of upgrade medals on the appropriate days and stuff like that. My weekly ranking last week was 3351.

Anyway, my ID is 51743.

Credo

Is there a recommended order of upgrading your keyblades in order to help you clear more content or is the order completely reliant on whatever medals you have? All my keyblades are level 21, and my power and speed medals are both stronger than my magic medals, I've hit a wall in progression because I can't make it past the 2nd of any of the adamantite quests. Would you recommend I use my adamantite on my magic keyblade to try to make up for its lower power, or should I use my adamantite on my power or speed keyblades in an attempt to make them able to beat the 3rd adamantite quests? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Famassu

or is the order completely reliant on whatever medals you have?
There's no optimal order that works for anyone & everyone. If you have good Power & Speed medals, then Treasure Trove, Lady Luck or Olympia might be worth investing in. Olympia especially if you have something like BC Mickey in your Power medals that goes to its +2.0x slot and can go nuclear on all enemies, doubly so if that medal is guilted.

Credo

There's no optimal order that works for anyone & everyone. If you have good Power & Speed medals, then Treasure Trove, Lady Luck or Olympia might be worth investing in. Olympia especially if you have something like BC Mickey in your Power medals that goes to its +2.0x slot and can go nuclear on all enemies, doubly so if that medal is guilted.

My best medals are Sephiroth, Axel, Illustrated Sora & Pals, KH Cloud, Marluxia, Zexion, and Limit Form Sora. I'm purely F2P, so none of them are anywhere near guilting.

I would say to prioritize Divine Rose and Moogle of Glory first (assuming you can actually upgrade Moogle of Glory to +25, otherwise just go for Three Wishes). When they are at +26 their Speed/Magic nukes are equivalent to an Olympia +25.

The power upgrade is basically down to personal preference. I'll probably be upgrading Treasure Trove to give me a better shot at beating the Kupo Dew Drops quest.

(That said, I'm not sure how much it'll help in that regard. I really hate having to waste a slot for a Dispel for that quest.)

14th mission of the third set gem missions is a level 295 Black Copter Fleet with max elemental attack and defense and 7 extra bars of health. I also don't have a Namine/Alice/Belle.

This is fine.
Luckily, it can get status effects. Gonna need a absolute boatload of procs.

Credo

I would say to prioritize Divine Rose and Moogle of Glory first (assuming you can actually upgrade Moogle of Glory to +25, otherwise just go for Three Wishes). When they are at +26 their Speed/Magic nukes are equivalent to an Olympia +25.

The power upgrade is basically down to personal preference. I'll probably be upgrading Treasure Trove to give me a better shot at beating the Kupo Dew Drops quest.

(That said, I'm not sure how much it'll help in that regard. I really hate having to waste a slot for a Dispel for that quest.)

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa, I can't even come close to clearing the first Moogle of Glory quest, so that's a non-option. I may look into Divine Rose though.

xclk07

The gem missions are mostly doable. I had to use revive on last two once (LVL295 Black gummi fleet and lvl 300 Cloud), everything else was not that difficult.

Three Wishes, Treasure Trove and Divine ROSE are +26 now, yay.

Is that through the 3 star levels? Nothing else after that?

If that's the case... we only get one gem per color... I guess I'll go for Divine Rose and Olympia first.

Ava Pug

The 3 star round 14 gave me the most trouble with doing it in 2 rounds. I finally came up with a team that beat it:

Alice DB2 (Dispel)
Pooh & Piglet APP
Megara DB1 (Defence debuff)
Illustrated Sora AB2
Xaldin 95% Guilt AB2Max
Lexaeus 100% Guilt AB2 Friend medal

I tried using Namine to copy the enemy buff but I found the PSM +3 attack buff to be weaker than STR +2 buff.

Edit: Forgot to mention it was on Treasure Trove +25

Thank you SE for not needing me to beat the last mission in two turns for the gem.

Poison/sleep (with some h'town goofy at x3 strength) ftw!

So, what kind of setup did you have to 2-turn the last 2 quests?

Belle (with Poison+), Illustrated Sora, Uniform Selphie, TR Goofy (100% guilt, 1000/1000, ABII), a Poison medal, a Sleep friend medal.

All on an Olympia +25.

Cloud was way easier since I didn't have to rely on number RNG to 2-turn him. Only took 1 try compared to the ~40ish tries I had for the Black Gummi mob (although most of those tries were with a slightly weaker set-up).

Too bad I need to 1-turn the Black Gummi mob in Kupo Dew Drops, though. Still not sure how to go about that. :<

creid

I've already bought one Halloween Goofy board for album purposes. Should I spend the jewels to get the other one to guilt him? He didn't seem all that impressive at first glance. I've got an SP Axel, so I'm not completely without good Power AOE.

Sölf

Today I managed to level up my TL Pete and Lexaeus, so I now have a TL Pete with 4 pips and a Lexaeus with 2 Pips. TL Pete still needs some Chips and Dales, he is only at 250/100 at the moment. I am not sure if Speed or Magic Exp/Evolve is tomorrow, so I will either level up Evil Queen or Hag and Jack.

I am also at the 2* Round 25, which should be rather easy. I had some round (mostly magic, since my Speed medals suck) where I couldn't kill the target in one round, but other than that, no problems so far.

Burbeting

Banned
I've already bought one Halloween Goofy board for album purposes. Should I spend the jewels to get the other one to guilt him? He didn't seem all that impressive at first glance. I've got an SP Axel, so I'm not completely without good Power AOE.

Depends on how your Upright power AOE medals are. I was lacking one (guilted mushu was starting to become useless in dealing damage), so HT Goofy is really useful for me.

Psxphile

Did an upright pull because I really need a dispel medal. Didn't get one (because of course not) but got Illustrated Sora & Pals (my second Premium ever after RAX) and two of the new Epics (Uniform Kairi and Selphie). Despite those last two (they seem pretty useless except for the HSC), I still consider it a win.

Top Bottom