• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

xclk07

Did an upright pull because I really need a dispel medal. Didn't get one (because of course not) but got Illustrated Sora & Pals (my second Premium ever after RAX) and two of the new Epics (Uniform Kairi and Selphie). Despite those last two (they seem pretty useless except for the HSC), I still consider it a win.

Not useless at all! If you are going for a "nuke" setup (Xigbar, BCKM, Jack) on a high-multiplier spot on key blades, there are no other medals that can boost you 3 tiers of strength (for that attack) in a single medal. It frees up other slots for support medals.

(The counter-argument being, of course, wouldn't you want ALL your medals boosted by X tiers of strength).

Not useless at all! If you are going for a "nuke" setup (Xigbar, BCKM, Jack) on a high-multiplier spot on key blades, there are no other medals that can boost you 3 tiers of strength (for that attack) in a single medal. It frees up other slots for support medals.

(The counter-argument being, of course, wouldn't you want ALL your medals boosted by X tiers of strength).

Actually, without Uniform Selphie, it would have been almost impossible for me to 2-turn the level 295 Black Gummi mob with my Olympia. I needed a Dispel, a 2x Power boost, and a 3x strength boost.

I could have beaten it with a 2x strength boost, but I'd need amazing luck to pull it off. Not even just for skill activations; I also needed high number rolls. Uniform Selphie removed that from the equation and made it a lot easier.

Just to re-iterate, this is with my maxed out 100% guilted TR Goofy, which is I think the strongest ST Power medal in the game so far (not including premiums).

Psxphile

I do have a Pooh. Combining that with RAX gives me 3 tiers for a whole turn at the same gauge cost as one of those medals so it's not as useful to me as they presumably could be. Might be different if they were color boosts, then I could add it to the str boosts (wouldn't work for the colorless nukes, though).

Still debating leveling them to 6*, having two 14%s in my deck would definitely improve my score in the HSC, but as attack medals they're themselves pretty useless, when my biggest problems for advancing is not being able to do enough AoE damage to one-turn to that one enemy group that keeps stonewalling me.

I DID IT!

HXPQ7nL.jpg

AoGcdum.jpg

Good job! What was your setup on the last one? How many fire breathers spawned on the winning run?

Belle w/ Poison+
Illustrated Sora w/ ABII Max
Uniform Selphie
TR Goofy at 100% w/ ABII, 1000/1000
Ansem the Wise
Illustrated Ansem w/ Poison+

On an Olympia +26.

With proper special gauge management and a bit of luck, I was able to carry just enough bars into the final fight to activate everything (takes 16 bars total). I didn't even need a Poison to proc on the target.

As for the amount of Pester Jesters... 0. Having a single one spawn ruins my plan because I could only deal damage with single-target medals. Fortunately, the required fights all just have one enemy in them, so TR Goofy was able to take them all out with proper buffing and some luck.

Individual fights:

vs. Cannon Gun - Needs Poison activation and Illustrated Sora boost, and TR Goofy needs to activate ABII.
vs. Gargoyle - No luck required here. Just used TR Goofy.
vs. Wayward Wardrobe - Either needs a Poison activation or ABII activation with Goofy. Requires both Illustrated Sora and Uniform Selphie boosts.
vs. Hammer... thing - See Cannon Gun.
vs. Black Gummi mob - All specials need to be used, Poison optional, TR Goofy needs ABII to activate.

Sölf

So, my Jack guilted to 44%, 80% and 80% again. I had 5 Mirrors, so he is now at 85%. I will dump my next Chips, Dales and Magic Mirrors in him. Still, at 85% he should prove quite useful already, even if he only has +100/+100 at the moment.

I need some more Magic EXP and Evolve Medals in order to level up my Hag before the end of the day.

Famassu

So is this Jack Skellington medal pretty ridiculous for a free, relatively easy to guilt medal? Higher base str than BC Mickey, same sp attack multiplier, same guilt max and even same gauge cost. You'd have imagined there'd be something wrong with it. Like its special attack costing 4 gauges or max guilt only being 50%. But no, it's an even stronger, magic version of BC Mickey. Thinking of giving my ABII Max to it, the one I got, like, 2 months ago. :D

CRS

The only drawback (and it's not really a drawback) is there is no magic nuke multiplier like Olympia.

Probably why it isn't weaker or more costly.

Not even the Moogle keyblade?

That has a Reversed Magic nuke, meaning Boss Marluxia is the only one who can take advantage of that for a nonelemental attack.

The keyblade you're gonna wanna upgrade to get the Upright Magic nuke is, of all things, Starlight.

also

Banned
That has a Reversed Magic nuke, meaning Boss Marluxia is the only one who can take advantage of that for a nonelemental attack.

The keyblade you're gonna wanna upgrade to get the Upright Magic nuke is, of all things, Starlight.
I'd say divine Rose is better.
-Divine Rose always has a higher or equivalent upright magic multiplier, except when both keyblades are at lv 31. You actually have to upgrade Starlight to lv 24 before it even catches up Divine Rose and, ultimately, DR surpasses SL. Divine rose ends up with a final multiplier of 2.9, while Starlight stays at 2.8
-DR's magic slot is in the 4th position, allowing you to place a medal with sleep in the last slot to help you in the coliseum.
-The last slot on DR also has an insane reverse magic speed multiplier, so if you have Xigbar (or Shadow), it's the ultimate neutral damage keyblade.
-DR has 2 more special attack gauges.

Unless we get really good neutral damage nukes for reverse power and upright speed, Starlight will stay trash.

Credo

So is this Jack Skellington medal pretty ridiculous for a free, relatively easy to guilt medal? Higher base str than BC Mickey, same sp attack multiplier, same guilt max and even same gauge cost. You'd have imagined there'd be something wrong with it. Like its special attack costing 4 gauges or max guilt only being 50%. But no, it's an even stronger, magic version of BC Mickey. Thinking of giving my ABII Max to it, the one I got, like, 2 months ago. :D

It was easy to guilt, but it tortured me by letting my first guilt be a 63%.......and then the second attempt was a 63%........and then the final attempt was a 63%. Feels bad.

Following up on one of my last posts, I finally 3-Mickeyed all of the Moogle of Glory keyblade quests. I had to use a continue for the Kupo Seed and Kupo Dew Drop missions when I did my "defeat 15 enemies" run, but other than that it went pretty smoothly overall.

Now I can finally just use Skip Tickets to get my materials!

Sölf

Managed to beat Three Wishes adamantite quest 3 and nearly beat part 4 as well, if any of my medals would have procced AB2. Well, next week then, since it was already ~3 AM and I had no AP left.

Falk

that puzzling face
-The last slot on DR also has an insane reverse magic multiplier, so if you have Xigbar (or Shadow), it's the ultimate neutral damage keyblade.

Speed

ajajaja

Also I'm sure it's 18 v 15 and 19 v 16 for SA gauge

Brandson

Belle w/ Poison+
Illustrated Sora w/ ABII Max
Uniform Selphie
TR Goofy at 100% w/ ABII, 1000/1000
Ansem the Wise
Illustrated Ansem w/ Poison+

On an Olympia +26.

I could actually put that config together. Killing any jester mobs with that setup would be tough. I may have a few builds that would work if I could get 0 jesters. Haven't been lucky enough to see that on that quest yet.

lyrick

Finally beat the hammer at ** 20/25. Not sure I can make it all the way to 25/25...

I scraped by using a lot of poison, para, & sleep (friend medal) with my Ill Aerith as my only attacker and Minnie with the Heals.
Once I got to *** the dream was over.

creid

I scraped by using a lot of poison, para, & sleep (friend medal) with my Ill Aerith as my only attacker and Minnie with the Heals.
Once I got to *** the dream was over.
Yeah, my Ill Aerith and a friend Ill Aerith were the only decent damage dealers.

I could actually put that config together. Killing any jester mobs with that setup would be tough. I may have a few builds that would work if I could get 0 jesters. Haven't been lucky enough to see that on that quest yet.

A single Pester Jester mob makes this build unviable. It's simply luck of the draw to get a run with 0 Jesters.

Burbeting

Banned
I hope that's not the only reason they had us update.

There was some bug fixes, like the weird "quest 999" appearing sometimes, and the coli enemies scaling being bugged from round 730 and onwards (this only affected jp since global players can't reach that far yet).

Psxphile

Hm. I did notice some weird graphical glitches since 1.1.3 hit when selecting missions: some kind of phantom facebook profile appears almost just out of frame, but blank and featureless. Try to scroll over to look at it better and it disappears from sight.

tumblr_oee01iFFeX1tepew7o1_500.gif

Hm. I did notice some weird graphical glitches since 1.1.3 hit when selecting missions: some kind of phantom facebook profile appears almost just out of frame, but blank and featureless. Try to scroll over to look at it better and it disappears from sight.

What that is is basically, the "quest icon" object has a default state, which for this game seems to be Daybreak Town BG/Power icon/quest 999/Facebook icon turned on/etc. They all look like that when they're created, and when the actual quest data is loaded all that stuff is supposed to be set properly, but because programming is hard as hell sometimes things will happen out of order and even though the quest data has been loaded the quest icon won't update properly until you scroll the quest list.

Tidd

Thank you, SE! :)

But I believe the drop rate is terrible considering that that the quest only costs 5AP.

And you need Sora himself to evolve the medal. And of course if you want to evolve a 4* Sora you need another 4*. :p
This will take a while.

Man, I went down to the wire trying to finish the stupid watermelon event boards, and got enough coins but not until after the event ended and they didn't leave the boards around afterwards like the sometimes do :(

Sölf

Do the Halloween Soras drop randomly? I guess so, eh? I only have 4 so far. Is he really that good? I mean, it's not like I am lacking in AoE speed medals. I basically only have a single good single target speed medal, so eh... xD

Burbeting

Banned
Sölf;219363431 said:
Do the Halloween Soras drop randomly? I guess so, eh? I only have 4 so far. Is he really that good? I mean, it's not like I am lacking in AoE speed medals. I basically only have a single good single target speed medal, so eh... xD

He is a speed version of halloween town goofy. Take that as you will.

Man, I went down to the wire trying to finish the stupid watermelon event boards, and got enough coins but not until after the event ended and they didn't leave the boards around afterwards like the sometimes do :(

Oh god wait it probably was still there, but it wasn't showing up because I didn't restart the app dslgkf;aj

Famassu

Sölf;219374795 said:
Hm, is the current Score Assistance deal worth it? Most of those medals are actually quite good, right?
Assuming you don't get 5 Aladdins, it has the potential to be decent.

lyrick

My first guilt attempt on Halloween Sora got 71%. Debating whether I want to try to up that.

If the range is 40 - 100, you're right in the middle. Unless you have an awesome deck and this medal is unnecessary, the idea of dropping 19-29 Mirrors on this seems terrible compared to re rolling.

Brandson

If the range is 40 - 100, you're right in the middle. Unless you have an awesome deck and this medal is unnecessary, the idea of dropping 19-29 Mirrors on this seems terrible compared to re rolling.

I'd never put mirrors on this medal. Just deciding whether I'm ok leaving it at 71%. I have lots of other medals to dump mirrors into.

Top Bottom