• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

It's going to take 200+ runs to exhaust the event board anyway :V :V :V
I've gone 5-6 runs without a single HT Sora. According to that guide you need 25 HT Soras for a single guilt. With my luck that's 125-150 runs for a guilt, which will probably be low-%. Another 8 for a second guilt and probably another 8 for a third guilt that might get me a decent %. At that point I'd be so close to the ~225 runs needed to fill the board I might just as well go for the broke and do the rest of the runs. :D :D :D
:'(

lyrick

Just rerolled it to 74%. Gonna stop there. It's a big resource sink to guilt every time.

You had a ~48% chance to increase your Multiplier (72-100%) and you did, Congrats.

If you were to roll again you would have ~43% chance to roll a higher multiplier (75-100%).

Lnds500

9tzl7gtvl4qx.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/56dyvz/khux_my_ht_sora_guide/

Psxphile

I don't remember anyone making any guides for guilting Queen of Hearts and Card Soldiers... why is HT Sora giving people so much trouble?

Razmos

I don't remember anyone making any guides for guilting Queen of Hearts and Card Soldiers... why is HT Sora giving people so much trouble?
Probably because a lot of people, myself included, saw that those medals were a steaming bag of dog poop and didn't bother getting them. Halloween Sora is actually worth the grind.

Sölf

Why do you need 25 of those though? Just to get a sort of 100% guilt on it? Because just to get any guilt at all 7 should be enough. What am I missing here?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sölf;219443936 said:
Why do you need 25 of those though? Just to get a sort of 100% guilt on it? Because just to get any guilt at all 7 should be enough. What am I missing here?
They're used to evolve them also. That's why so many are needed.

Fuzzy

Sölf;219446603 said:
Ah, okay. Now if they would actually drop for once that would be nice. >_>
My problem isn't them dropping, it's that I'm out of Louie medals. I already have one Halloween Sora up to 6*3P so I just need to do the other half of the evolution tree.

Sölf

Well, I did one of those Score pulls. Not really that great.

- 1x 6* Jasmine
- 2x 5* Daisy
- 1x 5* School Uniform Selphie
- 1x 5* Zexion

Now I didn't have any of those before, so that's good. And Zexion may actually proof useful, since Hag and Vexen were my only two Reverse Magic Medals (and Vexen is AoE whereas Zexion is single target).

I also finished Divine Rose 2 and 3 and upped my Three Wishes to level 26. :D

Sölf;219482153 said:
Well, I did one of those Score pulls. Not really that great.

- 1x 6* Jasmine
- 2x 5* Daisy
- 1x 5* School Uniform Selphie
- 1x 5* Zexion

Now I didn't have any of those before, so that's good. And Zexion may actually proof useful, since Hag and Vexen were my only two Reverse Magic Medals (and Vexen is AoE whereas Zexion is single target).

I also finished Divine Rose 2 and 3 and upped my Three Wishes to level 26. :D

Zexion is one of the best Magic medals released so far, yes. I can't wait to try him out on a fully upgraded Moogle of Glory now that I guilted him to 100%. =)

I finished all of the adamantite quests except MoG 4/5 and beat round 115 in the coliseum. Reaching my ceiling there reeeeeeaaaaaallllllll soon though now (if I'm not already there).

Amazing what a couple medals can do.

Falk

that puzzling face
i was enticed to use starlight for the first time in a while

cuz it was a mickey req that rewarded jewels

Famassu

I've been able to do most non-MoG Adamantine #3s, mostly thanks to my 91% Jack Skellington, 100% Musketeer Goofy and BC Mickey. Except Lady Luck. My green medals (especially AOE ones) suuuuuck.

I currently have 5 adamantine ores and I can't decide what to do with them. Currently my Keyblades are something along the lines of

Treasure +23
Wishes +23
Lady Luck +22
Rose +21
Olympia +22
Starlight +21

I don't know what would be the best course of action. Jack Skellington and some other good magic medals makes upgrading Three Wishes or Divine Rose tempting, Musketeer Goofy and my somewhat strong Power medals could make Treasure Trove or Olympia worth upgrading.

also

Banned
I've been able to do most non-MoG Adamantine #3s, mostly thanks to my 91% Jack Skellington, 100% Musketeer Goofy and BC Mickey. Except Lady Luck. My green medals (especially AOE ones) suuuuuck.

I currently have 5 adamantine ores and I can't decide what to do with them. Currently my Keyblades are something along the lines of

Treasure +23
Wishes +23
Lady Luck +22
Rose +21
Olympia +22
Starlight +21

I don't know what would be the best course of action. Jack Skellington and some other good magic medals makes upgrading Three Wishes or Divine Rose tempting, Musketeer Goofy and my somewhat strong Power medals could make Treasure Trove or Olympia worth upgrading.
If you have a guilted Shadow, I'd go with Divine Rose. It's a neutral damage powerhouse and should help you clear other adamantite quests as well. Otherwise just check which adamantite quests you're close to completing and which keyblade upgrades will help you complete them. Oh, and make sure not to waste any more adamantite on Starlight.

Famassu

Went with upgrading Three Wishes to +24 and with the one Adamantine I got from Moogle of Glory Adamantine quest #2, I pushed Divine Rose to +23. I actually have a 4 dotted Queen, so pretty close to guilting, and a 2 dotted Larxene that might do me good in the future in AOE & Divine Rose requiring quests in the keyblade's Reversed speed slots.

Only have a 2 dotted Shadow. Hoping they do another event where you can get some Shadows.

CRS

Higher Coli levels are all about defensive builds. Status effects (Paralyze, Sleep, and Poison), Defense Boost II, and Minnie heals.

Famassu

Treasure Trove Adamantine #3 is almost doable for me. Pretty much just need one guilted single target medal to get that remaining half a health bar destroyed. Was able to do #4, it really was heck of a lot easier than the #3. I had Piglet, RAX with Attack Prize Plus, Musketeer Goofy with 100% Guilt and ABII (in a 2.20x slot), Illustr. Cid with 50% Guilt & ABII (in the 1.90x slot), BC Mickey with ABII and no dots (in the 1.80x slot) and our friendly neighbourhood 100% guilted BC Mickey with ABII. Really could've almost done it with just the buff medals and Musketeer Goofy & the friend BC Mickey, lol.

also

Banned
Today I beat Treasure trove part 4 and was sooooo close to 1-turning Part 5. How close??

Everything proclaimed so it's not like I can do better. Live to fight another day I guess.

You definitely can do better (or worse). From my experience, RNG affects your damage in the 2-3% range so it's entirely possible that you failed because you got bad rolls on all your major attacks.

Lnds500

You definitely can do better (or worse). From my experience, RNG affects your damage in the 2-3% range so it's entirely possible that you failed because you got bad rolls on all your major attacks.

I actually just beat it. I was using Pooh and then Aerith to get x3 attack boost on divine rose and then I though about putting Nick + Judy first (5 pips) to get that x1.90 boost from them.

Everything proclaimed after a few tries... BOOM! At treasure trove Adamantite quests are done.

All thanks to this guy right here (random shared medal)

Azuran

Banned
I hate to be that annoying guy but I need a lot of help guys. I just reinstalled this game tonight since I need something else to play on the bus on the way to school but I have no idea what to do anymore. I kinda stopped playing back in June since I started playing other games.

Anyways, I checked around on the internet but I still can't find a comprehensive list of the best medals or good guides about the current game these days. My best medal is probably that Aqua they gave away for free back then. I'm level 62 right now with 9280 jewels in stock, currently on mission 174 with my keyblades at the following grades: Treasure Trove +16, Lady Luck +10, Three Wishes +14, Olympia +7

Anyways, I really love Kingdom Hearts so I want to play this a lot more seriously, so what should I focus on doing for the next while? Should I continue the story as much as I can, should I do current events, should I farm certain stuff, or should I pull for better medals or upgrade stuff that I have? It's kinda overwhelming coming back to a game like this when you been out of commission for a while. Also if there a GAF party I can join and leech off people for a while?

Thanks guys.

Ilvocare

HV4CShI.jpg

ah ha ha ha

Fuck this game I got so excited when I saw a 6*

Thought it was a prem

EDIT: I've got about 7k jewels left. Should I pull or save? I was originally planning on pulling for single-target reverse medals but the recent get is... ehhhhhh...

So! I'm bad at this game and am having a hard time doing the Adamantite quests. What Keyblades should I be levelling up, since my special mats are at a premium?

Famassu

I hate to be that annoying guy but I need a lot of help guys. I just reinstalled this game tonight since I need something else to play on the bus on the way to school but I have no idea what to do anymore. I kinda stopped playing back in June since I started playing other games.

Anyways, I checked around on the internet but I still can't find a comprehensive list of the best medals or good guides about the current game these days. My best medal is probably that Aqua they gave away for free back then. I'm level 62 right now with 9280 jewels in stock, currently on mission 174 with my keyblades at the following grades: Treasure Trove +16, Lady Luck +10, Three Wishes +14, Olympia +7

Anyways, I really love Kingdom Hearts so I want to play this a lot more seriously, so what should I focus on doing for the next while? Should I continue the story as much as I can, should I do current events, should I farm certain stuff, or should I pull for better medals or upgrade stuff that I have? It's kinda overwhelming coming back to a game like this when you been out of commission for a while. Also if there a GAF party I can join and leech off people for a while?

Thanks guys.
Here's a medal tier list (which only lists what's available in NA/PAL-landias) that AFAIK is updated regularly, most medals with explanations why they have been given the score that they've been given.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RGkrW28UeGijU1ZT-d1fA3qyMghW1WhqmuaOj00WBvw/pubhtml#

Though those numbers are heavily based on when
/if
one gets those medals guilted. So some medals might actually be better when non-guilted even if they are lower on the list and it's only the absurdly high max-guilts that push some of those medals to such high spots.

Sölf

Managed to beat the Three Wishes Adamantite quest 4. I doubt I am able to beat 5, but I haven't tried that yet. Upgraded Treasure Trove to +23 and still have 1 Adamantite ore I could either save or use to upgrade Divine Rose to +21. I don't have the Moogle o'Glory yet, so I may save the ore.

That aside, I have 1490 jewels, so I am missing 10 for another pull. >_>
Ugh, next time then.

Banzai

I love how I came into this thread to this page and don't have the slightest clue what the hell it is that I'm reading.
Anyway, installed this game recently. Pretty cool but I have no idea what I'm doing with medal and keyblade upgrades. All the options are pretty overwhelming for a newcomer.

Famassu

I love how I came into this thread to this page and don't have the slightest clue what the hell it is that I'm reading.
Anyway, installed this game recently. Pretty cool but I have no idea what I'm doing with medal and keyblade upgrades. All the options are pretty overwhelming for a newcomer.
There's really not all THAT much to it. Upgrading medals involves four main things:

1) leveling them up.
2) evolving them
3) boosting their attack & defense power & lowering their cost
4) combining two medals of the same type to improve their special attack multiplier (and later to "guilt" the medal for even more attack power)

For a more thorough explanation:

1) Medals are leveled up with Huey, Dewey & Louie Experience medals. The better the Huey, Dewey or Louie medal, the more Exp it gives and as such the more level ups you get (so a 6* Dewey medal gives more Exp than a 3* one). Also, using a Red experience medal gives more Exp to red (power) medals, so you'll usually want to focus the experience medals of different attributes to their corresponding attack medals.

2) Once you level up a medal to its current maximum level, you can evolve it to the next medal level. For evolving, you'll need Evolve Medals, which differ based on what level & kind of medal you're evolving. To evolve 1* medals into 2* medals, you need 1 Cheshire Cat. To evolve 2* medals into 3* medals, you need 2 Merlin medals. To evolve 3* medals into 4* medals, you'll need 3 Fairy Godmother medals. At this point it gets a little more complicated. To evolve a 4* medal into a 5* medal, you'll need 2 "generic" Yensid medals and 2 coloured 4* evolve medals (Merrywheather, Flora or a third one I forget) that correspond with the colour of the medal you're trying to evolve. To evolve 5* medals into 6* medals, you'll need 3 "generic" Sorcerer Mickey medals and two 5* evolve medals of the corresponding attribute.

3) In addition to these leveling up & Evolve medals, there are Chip, Dale & Cid medals. Chip medals permanently boost the Strength of the medal it's used on (there are 3 , the weakest one improves strength by 5, the one after that by 25 and the best one gives 150), Dales give Defense and Cid's lower the cost-of-equip of that medal (each medal costs something to equip into your keyblade's slots, you can't exceed the cost maximum that you currently have; you get more cost by leveling up and buying them from the Avatar Parts).

4) The final and most important thing in the long run is combining attack medals of the same type. So if you have, say, two 3* Pluto medals, you can combine them and get a small boost to your special attack's multiplier (use "Level up" and just use the other Pluto as if you were using Exp medals). The medals you are combining need to be of the same *-level. So you can't combine a 5* and a 3* one to get the boost. This increase in special attack power is indicated by yellow dots in the special attack info window when looking at the stats of the medal. 3* medals can have only 1 dot, 4* medals can have 2 dots, 5* medals 3 and 6* medals can have 5 yellow dots. Once you fill up all 5 dots on a 6* medal, there's this thing called Guilting, which means combining one last 6* medal into a 6* medal that already has 5 yellow dots. It will give yet another indicated by some sort of percentage. Different medals have different max-guilts, so some can have 25%, some 50% and the best ones have 130%. "Guilting" medals only opens up when you reach Quest 200, so it doesn't matter if you don't quite understand it yet.

+ Each attack medal can have 1 skill that can give different perks to your medal. Medals you pull can randomly have a skill given to them or you can get Scrooge medals in different means (as special event rewards, Coliseum rewards & avatar boards etc.) that can give different skills to your medals. Things like Attack Boosts, Defense Boosts, Poison, Paralyze & such.

As to what medals to level up & evolve, go to the medal tier list that was linked in my previous post. Look up your medals you currently have, see what are ranked the highest -> focus on leveling up & evolving those first. Be aware that the cost rises every time you evolve a medal, so you don't want to be too quick in evolving your medals into 6* ones, until you have enough cost (which, again, you get more by leveling up, unlocking avatar boards and buying Cost nodes from those avatar boards). A single 6* medal's cost is 46 (before using the cost-lowering Cid medals) whereas a 5* medal only costs 14. So you'll want to be sure you can actually use the medals after evolving before evolving them.

Fuzzy

I didn't notice you're supposed to go right instead of left in today's daily challenge until my fourth try.

Banzai

Thank you, that's really helpful. So far I haven't seen any of the medals needed to evolve and I only leveled up the Jack Skellington I got because I downloaded the game around Halloween. I don't I'll ever delve that deep into the game but a mission or two can be fun for bus rides.
Should I have saved Orihalcums? I already used 2...
Also I joined a party and got invited to a raid. I failed a bunch of times because the thing was way out of my level range but got mad exp. Seems like an easy exploit or are there drawbacks?

Thank you, that's really helpful. So far I haven't seen any of the medals needed to evolve and I only leveled up the Jack Skellington I got because I downloaded the game around Halloween. I don't I'll ever delve that deep into the game but a mission or two can be fun for bus rides.
Should I have saved Orihalcums? I already used 2...
Also I joined a party and got invited to a raid. I failed a bunch of times because the thing was way out of my level range but got mad exp. Seems like an easy exploit or are there drawbacks?

There are almost enough Orichalcums to upgrade all the keyblades to +20. As of right now, everyone who has caught up on those only needs 1 more to upgrade everything.

If you are focusing solely on story missions, then you'll need to wait until mission 525 to get enough (while the rest of us are waiting for mission 475 to open up), since one Orichalcum is in one of the Proud quests in the Events screen (doable once you have decent enough medals), and another is in one of the Moogle of Glory keyblade quests (which is most likely waaaay out of your reach right now).

So, use those Orichalcums however you want.

As for raids, I'm not too sure if it's a good idea to participate in too many of them at such a low level. You're blowing through your levels too quickly. The best thing that leveling up gives you is an AP refill, so you can't take advantage of that if you just power-level your way through.

That said, it's important to unlock lots of avatar boards, so make sure you level at a steady rate to take full advantage of the AP you're given.

When it comes to raids, just do a minimal amount of damage to the boss then leave it alone and have the rest of the party take care of it. You'll still get rewards from it without netting too much Lux.

For this month's weekend raid boss, either spawn one of your own bosses then fight 2 more within your party, or fight 4 different raid bosses in your party. This will give you enough Raid Coins to unlock everything for that weekend. If a party member spawns a level 10 raid boss, make sure to fight that too for a free Chip and Dale.

Oh, and make sure to complete the objectives for the raid boss spawn mission, since that'll give you 150 jewels total.

Lnds500

They really should start replacing the farmables on higher story quest with useless crap from the 10-pulls (Bambi, Dumbo etc). I just got Sora, Rikku + Olette from a single story mission. Who needs those anymore?

Critical Elk

Neo Member
So I think today's update might have broken something in the hsc.

Xf5lwHp

I had broken one million by the level 50 set, and managed to reach 4m and some change.

So I think today's update might have broken something in the hsc.

Xf5lwHp

I had broken one million by the level 50 set, and managed to reach 4m and some change.

Wow yeah, what the hell.
Assuming most people notice, it shouldn't really affect the rankings too bad, so I guess just free rewards for everyone? And we'll prolly get free jewels out of it, too!

Top Bottom