• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Azuran

Banned
Okay, guilting medals sounds pretty insane from what I read so far. Are you guys telling me I'm going to need to get like 10 KH Clouds to fill the attack boost and then guilt that medal or is there major shortcuts you can take? Because that's a lot of pulling and hoping you get what you need.

Sölf

Okay, guilting medals sounds pretty insane from what I read so far. Are you guys telling me I'm going to need to get like 10 KH Clouds to fill the attack boost and then guilt that medal or is there major shortcuts you can take? Because that's a lot of pulling and hoping you get what you need.

You need 7x the same medal (of the same rank, you can't combine a 4* Cloud with a 5* Cloud) in order to fill in all the pips (these yellow dots) and then guilt it. It gets a random bonus depending on the rarity of the medal. So, at best you only need 7 medals, at worst you could look at... 10-15 or more.

There are Mirror Medals which increase guilt by 1%, so if you have a 90% Jack Skellington you need 10 Mirrors in order to get a 100% Jack Skellington (100% is the maximum guilt for Jack Skellington).

Also, there exists "Mickey & Brooms" which give a medal 1 pip. However, those haven't been released in the NA/EU Version so far.

Azuran

Banned
Sölf;220055548 said:
You need 7x the same medal (of the same rank, you can't combine a 4* Cloud with a 5* Cloud) in order to fill in all the pips (these yellow dots) and then guilt it. It gets a random bonus depending on the rarity of the medal. So, at best you only need 7 medals, at worst you could look at... 10-15 or more.

There are Mirror Medals which increase guilt by 1%, so if you have a 90% Jack Skellington you need 10 Mirrors in order to get a 100% Jack Skellington (100% is the maximum guilt for Jack Skellington).

Also, there exists "Mickey & Brooms" which give a medal 1 pip. However, those haven't been released in the NA/EU Version so far.

By best case scenario you mean getting only 5* medals right? Everyone guide I checked online always begins with people fusing at the lowest level so I wasn't sure if you needed to do all of that to fill the dots.

Sölf

By best case scenario you mean getting only 5* medals right? Everyone guide I checked online always begins with people fusing at the lowest level so I wasn't sure if you needed to do all of that to fill the dots.

No, it works a bit different.

3* medals can have 1 pip max.
4* Medals can have 2 pips.
5* can have 3 pips.
6* can have 5 pips.

This basically translates into base medal + 1 medal for each pip (=5) + 1 medal to start the guilt. So 7 medals. If you fuse a 4* medal with 0 pips with another 4* medal with 1 pip this will result in a 4* medal with 2 pips (1 pip + the medal itself = 2 pips on the other medal).

Falk

that puzzling face
7, and yes.

It's generally a ''natural"ish balancing mechanism to make the more common medals a little closer in usefulness to the rare ones.

And events usually mean a free guilt for the event medal if you could be arsed to farm them.

Azuran

Banned
7, and yes.

It's generally a ''natural"ish balancing mechanism to make the more common medals a little closer in usefulness to the rare ones.

And events usually mean a free guilt for the event medal if you could be arsed to farm them.

Does that even work? Is a fully guilted 6* Goofy even going to come close to a 6* non boosted Lexaeus?

One of the things I'm wondering is if I should be spending time boosting common/"weaker" medals or should I only bother with the rare medals I have even if I never come close to maxing them?

Falk

that puzzling face
A guilted Stitch (with the right usage) is going to dish out way more damage than many no-pip gacha commons and stand toe to toe with no-pip epics, although that tapers off as enemy levels get higher due to the damage formulas.

Stitch is one of the farmable medals that drop from missions.

Azuran

Banned
A guilted Stitch (with the right usage) is going to dish out way more damage than many no-pip gacha commons and stand toe to toe with no-pip epics, although that tapers off as enemy levels get higher due to the damage formulas.

Stitch is one of the farmable medals that drop from missions.

Ah that's cool. Is there a list somewhere of the common ones I should be hoarding and upgrading? I'm assuming the majority of them are trash at this point of the game, but I don't want to get rid of potentially useful ones that could help me get through the game while I slowly work on my rare ones.

Skittles

everyone needs to redo the HSC right now. the multiplier is glitched and you can easily get a score in the millions within 5 rooms

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, I doubt today's results will stand but I wonder how they're going to deal with it and/or compensate, lol.

edit: Oh, it's great for nabbing the score rewards if nothing else.

Famassu

Is there any point in killing these lanterns in the Halloween Sora event? Can they drop HT Sora medals? They give a few points for the reward board and killing them makes spawning Guard Armor pretty quick, but if I just want to get a few more HT Soras, are the only enemies that drop the medal the target enemy and the pumpkin soldiers? Not killing all the lanterns removes some of the tedium.

also

Banned
Is there any point in killing these lanterns in the Halloween Sora event? Can they drop HT Sora medals? They give a few points for the reward board and killing them makes spawning Guard Armor pretty quick, but if I just want to get a few more HT Soras, are the only enemies that drop the medal the target enemy and the pumpkin soldiers? Not killing all the lanterns removes some of the tedium.
They can drop HT Sora, but with a lower drop rate. Still, if you want to complete the board, they are a good source of coins. If you only want HT Sora, then just focus on the lv. 200 group as it has a pretty good drop rate.

Over 13 million in the high score challenge lol.

I'm actually at 149th now. Maybe I can actually crack the top 200 this time.

Does anyone know if enemies continue past level 300? I got up to the two Search Ghosts and died, but I swear I was right near the end there.

Over 13 million in the high score challenge lol.

I'm actually at 149th now. Maybe I can actually crack the top 200 this time.

Does anyone know if enemies continue past level 300? I got up to the two Search Ghosts and died, but I swear I was right near the end there.
Its 3 of these things:
14642818_1057949137657896_1003958112_n.jpg

RNG was being super nice with APP/Second Chance and let me past those until the next set:
14697131_1057949194324557_1651376582_o.jpg

I do hope Square gives us Jewels after all of this.

Psxphile

If only this HSC score glitch had happened when score rewards actually had something good.

I wasn't able to crack 8 million with my set-up which ranks me somewhere in the 1500 range. I guess I shouldn't expect to to remain pre-2000 for much longer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Because of the glitch they extended the HSC until the 18th and they'll also be giving us 600 jewels at an unspecified later date.

EDIT: I just got the 600 jewels.

Lnds500

I believe I have rolled my hSora 4 times now. It went from 63 to 73% and wasn't raised at all the other two times.. :/

I am willing to put magic mirrors in them but I was hoping for at least an 85% before that :/

Famassu

Starlight #4 dun.

With Divine Rose +24

Piglet
Queen
BC CoM Riku
Jack Skellington (100% guilt, only +700 chipped as of now and ABII Max)
RAX w/ Attack Prize Plus
Friendly Neighbourhood 100% guilted BC Mickey

A str 2 buffed Jack Skellington did god's work, BC Mickey cleaned up afterwards in two fights.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I believe I have rolled my hSora 4 times now. It went from 63 to 73% and wasn't raised at all the other two times.. :/

I am willing to put magic mirrors in them but I was hoping for at least an 85% before that :/
I'm so glad I rolled 98% on my first try so I didn't bother trying it again.

Sölf

Did I miss anything in todays jewel challenge? I managed to beat it in time with 0.43 seconds left by defeating the Dark Plant. But I found no away without beating that.

That aside, the new deal seems not that great, even with a chance for Illustrated Sephiroth. I will probably wait. I also can't be arsed to farm HT Sora. I have 4 or 5 medals of him (2 with 1 pip already) but I really can't be arsed to play that thing anymore. Ugh. >_>

xclk07

[KHUX] New medals added Oct. 13, 2016...

https://imgur.com/a/tdNeA

I believe some were already on the album but Illu Kairi is gonna happen soon :)

My guess is that in two weeks, we get an EMC with Riku Replica, Anti-Form Sora, and King Mickey COM as the "regular" epics, IL Kairi as the super premium, and Sora, Riku, and Kairi as a free medal if you get a IL Kairi (or they'll have 2 super premiums and SRK will be the 2nd).

Halloween Donald will be an avatar board.

If all that is correct... save those jewels for two weeks from now! :)

lyrick

Sölf;220156597 said:
Did I miss anything in todays jewel challenge? I managed to beat it in time with 0.43 seconds left by defeating the Dark Plant. But I found no away without beating that.

That aside, the new deal seems not that great, even with a chance for Illustrated Sephiroth. I will probably wait. I also can't be arsed to farm HT Sora. I have 4 or 5 medals of him (2 with 1 pip already) but I really can't be arsed to play that thing anymore. Ugh. >_>

I guilted 2 of them to make up for you. This weekend I'll try to reroll them since one is only at 46 and the other is at 73, before considering a 3rd.

I can't kill the target in under 30s, The top route takes a little too long, middle route is seemingly a dead end, and the bottom route has too many battles.

Brandson

I can't kill the target in under 30s, The top route takes a little too long, middle route is seemingly a dead end, and the bottom route has too many battles.

I think you have to beat the top dark plant then run straight to the boss. My time was 23 seconds doing that. Try using several fast single hit medals if you don't have a big speed single hit nuke medal. Multi-hit medals take too much time.

LAA

Still "playing" this game everyday, still can't beat Master Ava, way too tough. Getting her down to like 9 health bars is the best I got to today 5* KH2 Aerith, 15% guilted Rikku, 6* Master form Sora, 6* Peter Pan and 6* Sephiroth and I believe the friend medal was a 100% guilted Org XIII mickey mouse medal?
Started getting more fully guilted medals lately, also meaning I could finally do Part 2's for the adamantite orbs for the other keyblades, but yeah, at this point, I just feel to be able to do the quests, (Or at least the last quest of a "pack"), it seems you either have to put in a vast amount of time and get lucky with getting medal drops, or just keep paying for medal drops until your medals are good enough, which is something I definitely won't do repeatedly, I didn't mind paying at the beginning to show support every so often, but the game being tuned to this severity is just putting me totally off paying again now, not when it hasn't even really guaranteed me being able to proceed.

Honestly at this point, I wish they'd just do a paid version of KHUX, (As in, no F2P mechanics and etc. all geared towards it), but very much doubt it would happen.
Just a shame because I only really care about the story, and from what it seems, most of it doesn't seem so significant, and I can just watch on youtube, I'd prefer to just play through it, but really if playing every day on bus rides to/from work still can't get me to beat the quest, I have to question how severe the game's tuned to make you need purcases.

Still "playing" this game everyday, still can't beat Master Ava, way too tough. Getting her down to like 9 health bars is the best I got to today 5* KH2 Aerith, 15% guilted Rikku, 6* Master form Sora, 6* Peter Pan and 6* Sephiroth and I believe the friend medal was a 100% guilted Org XIII mickey mouse medal?
Started getting more fully guilted medals lately, also meaning I could finally do Part 2's for the adamantite orbs for the other keyblades, but yeah, at this point, I just feel to be able to do the quests, (Or at least the last quest of a "pack"), it seems you either have to put in a vast amount of time and get lucky with getting medal drops, or just keep paying for medal drops until your medals are good enough, which is something I definitely won't do repeatedly, I didn't mind paying at the beginning to show support every so often, but the game being tuned to this severity is just putting me totally off paying again now, not when it hasn't even really guaranteed me being able to proceed.

Honestly at this point, I wish they'd just do a paid version of KHUX, (As in, no F2P mechanics and etc. all geared towards it), but very much doubt it would happen.
Just a shame because I only really care about the story, and from what it seems, most of it doesn't seem so significant, and I can just watch on youtube, I'd prefer to just play through it, but really if playing every day on bus rides to/from work still can't get me to beat the quest, I have to question how severe the game's tuned to make you need purcases.

Do you have any Defense Boosts or Second Chances? Those are pretty much mandatory for her.

LAA

Do you have any Defense Boosts or Second Chances? Those are pretty much mandatory for her.

Did try Nick and Judy medal on one attempt. Think that's pretty much the best one I have. I think I have other medals for specific defense like Power/Speed/Magic, but don't think they're very levelled up.
Even with just the defense though, no way I could beat her in 3 turns, not that that's the major thing for me at this point, but another annoyance.

Did try Nick and Judy medal on one attempt. Think that's pretty much the best one I have. I think I have other medals for specific defense like Power/Speed/Magic, but don't think they're very levelled up.
Even with just the defense though, no way I could beat her in 3 turns, not that that's the major thing for me at this point, but another annoyance.

No, I'm talking about the skill, not the special. A Defense Boost I activating will take away half the damage you'd normally take, for example.

Also, it's recommended that you bring a healer into these battles as well. Combining a healer with a Defense Boost skill is really helpful.

LAA

No, I'm talking about the skill, not the special. A Defense Boost I activating will take away half the damage you'd normally take, for example.

Also, it's recommended that you bring a healer into these battles as well. Combining a healer with a Defense Boost skill is really helpful.

Ah right, I think I actually have some scrooge medals for that actually, I'll give it a go applying it to some medals

Ah right, I think I actually have some scrooge medals for that actually, I'll give it a go applying it to some medals

Remember, for a skill to be applied to a medal you need to put it on the leftmost slot!

Scrooge gives you a 100% chance of passing the skill over to that medal, so you don't need to worry about wasting it.

Sorry, are there any GAF parties in Unicorn Union, someone can add me, please!
Player name: Kenji, ID: 12557
I use three wishes +24. Thank you guys!

Famassu

Divine Rose Adamantine quest #4 done. Same medals in the same keyblade (Divine Rose +24) as yesterday. THe only problem I had on the first try was not having Attack Prize Plus activate even once, so I only had 5 gauges going in to the final battle, which wasn't enough to use Piglet's buff and my Supreme Killer Jack Skellington which would have been enough to kill everything.

EDIT: Actually, I switched the Queen to my KH Sora B that I gave my first Attack Prize Plus after having problems with RAX's APP not activating.

So... upgrade Divine Rose to +25 or use the 6 adamantines I have for something else?

Lnds500

Divine Rose Adamantine quest #4 done. Same medals in the same keyblade (Divine Rose +24) as yesterday. THe only problem I had on the first try was not having Attack Prize Plus activate even once, so I only had 5 gauges going in to the final battle, which wasn't enough to use Piglet's buff and my Supreme Killer Jack Skellington which would have been enough to kill everything.

EDIT: Actually, I switched the Queen to my KH Sora B that I gave my first Attack Prize Plus after having problems with RAX's APP not activating.

So... upgrade Divine Rose to +25 or use the 6 adamantines I have for something else?

It's my most powerful keyblade due to Jack (+100%) + Shadow (+100%) but it obviously depends on what medals you have.

Famassu

Ok, will go for Divine Rose +25 and maybe even +26 if I got the right special gem in the event that gave them (I failed getting the last one).

Razmos

Oh.
It wasn't until I just now guilted my Halloween Sora that I noticed that it only lowers defense for that one attack.

Lnds500

Oh.
It wasn't until I just now guilted my Halloween Sora that I noticed that it only lowers defense for that one attack.

I've rerolled thrice and it wasn't until your post that I noticed that...

raw

What's even the point of debuffing PSM? It should just me M...??

Now I feel bad for spending so much time, money and energy on this medal. :mad:

While the debuff is kinda strange, the one good thing is that it removes a tier permanently if the the enemy already has it before you attack it.

Famassu

I'd imagine the combination of some tier 2 or 3 str buff (or even more if you also have attribute specific buffer) + decent base str + high-ish AOE special attack 2.37x multiplier + 100% guilt + 1000 chips + Attack Boost II + the one-attack def debuff to a group of enemies make for the potential for a pretty devastating AOE attack, no?

c-murph

Ah man, I haven't played in forever. Been logging in daily for my rewards though. Ran through the event for the Jack Skellington medals x 8. I don't feel like grinding out to guilt them anytime soon though. Probably start on collecting the Sora one's soon.

Following up on one of my last posts, I finally 3-Mickeyed all of the Moogle of Glory keyblade quests. I had to use a continue for the Kupo Seed and Kupo Dew Drop missions when I did my "defeat 15 enemies" run, but other than that it went pretty smoothly overall.

Now I can finally just use Skip Tickets to get my materials!

Is that the way to do it? I kind of ran through it to get the Keyblade. Didn't get all the accomplishments beat though. Struggle a bit getting the blade.

~Lonely... I am so lonely...~

Anyways, got all the materials I need to upgrade MoG to +25 (except for the Mythril Shards). Is there any reason for me to keep onto any remaining Skip Tickets I have, or should I just use them on the HT Sora quest?

Is that the way to do it? I kind of ran through it to get the Keyblade. Didn't get all the accomplishments beat though. Struggle a bit getting the blade.

Basically, don't try to beat all 3 objectives for the four MoG materials quests. Separate your attempts into two runs: a "defeat all enemies and target in 1 turn" run, and a "defeat 15 enemies" run. Your success at either of these runs depends on how many Pester Jesters spawn; you'll want 0 for the former but need at least 4 for the latter (except for the Kupo Dew Drops mission, where you are allowed to miss Pester Jesters #1 and #5).

It also means it hits elements its weak to harder than it would otherwise

No, the Power and Magic debuff have no bearing on that since HT Sora is a Speed medal.

Famassu

Ah man, I haven't played in forever. Been logging in daily for my rewards though. Ran through the event for the Jack Skellington medals x 8. I don't feel like grinding out to guilt them anytime soon though. Probably start on collecting the Sora one's soon.
You should focus on guilting him. Jack Skellington is a beast. He's almost singlehandedly beating everything in everything. It helps to have something like BC Mickey as well to help clean up whatever is left after Jack splatters brains on the grounds of Disney worlds, but otherwise you don't need much else but Jack with a decent guilt and Attack Boost (II preferably, Max if possible) and tier 2 or 3 str buff. He doesn't even need to be fully Chipped, I did most adamantine quest #4s with him only having +400-700 str.

Top Bottom