• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I'm not sure why a 6* HT Sora is the prize for the raid event, honestly. The medal is not that good that it requires that much grinding. Not to mention that we have (for the next 4.5 hours, at least) and alternate method of obtaining it.

Why not at least put up a new medal?
Who knows why Squeenix does what it does?

Anywho, almost done getting the original 25 for the guilting. How many rerolls do you guys think I should save up for? By my count, it takes 4 Soras to do one reroll. I don't have a lot of Magic Mirrors so I can't really go that route. What do, guys?

also

Banned
People complain when the rewards are small but I honestly prefer it this way; I don't want anything too good locked behind near impossible achievements.
Who knows why Squeenix does what it does?

Anywho, almost done getting the original 25 for the guilting. How many rerolls do you guys think I should save up for? By my count, it takes 4 Soras to do one reroll. I don't have a lot of Magic Mirrors so I can't really go that route. What do, guys?
It's 8 per reroll and it all depends on dumb luck. I got lucky after 2-3 while others in my party still had low guilt after 5 rerolls.

People complain when the rewards are small but I honestly prefer it this way; I don't want anything too good locked behind near impossible achievements.

It's 8 per reroll and it all depends on dumb luck. I got lucky after 2-3 while others in my party still had low guilt after 5 rerolls.

Why 8? 1, the original. 2, to get it to four stars. 3, to get it to five stars. 4, to get it to 6 stars. Then just fuse it onto the guilted one. What am I not seeing that I need 4 more?

Ooooooh. I see it now. Stupid me.

CRS

4nRBdO1.png

I guess this is what a level 99 Whale looks like.

Got my 25 but getting 8 per reroll sounds like some ol' bullshit. I'll just have to go with initial guilting and hope I have luck on my side.

I guess this is what a level 99 Whale looks like.

They should give you a 6 star version every time you kill one of those.

Skittles

Oh man, this HSC about to be another bloodbath. We're getting the jack&sally and zero medals unnerfed. That jack&sally medal is straight up better than TVA guilted and unguilted.

Managed to just barely finish the board for the first HT Sora event. That took waaaaaay too long. I managed to grind Guard Armor to level 50 and Omega Guard Armor to level 10 from that event alone!

Wow, lots of new stuff today. That Jack & Sally medal looks fantastic.

And now people can finally have a Dispel! ...For 5 gauges. Hope everyone bought one of the Halloween Goofy boards to slap a No Cost skill on.

So I just guilted 3 epic medals for the first time... and none of them surpassed 50%.

Why.gif

(I think my 100% guilt of Zexion screwed me over for the next like five guiltings I have lol.)

Skittles

Managed to just barely finish the board for the first HT Sora event. That took waaaaaay too long. I managed to grind Guard Armor to level 50 and Omega Guard Armor to level 10 from that event alone!

Wow, lots of new stuff today. That Jack & Sally medal looks fantastic.

And now people can finally have a Dispel! ...For 5 gauges. Hope everyone bought one of the Halloween Goofy boards to slap a No Cost skill on.
you actually grinded out those ht sora boards? jesus, that was just a bonus for when you're done grinding for guilt rerolls

you actually grinded out those ht sora boards? jesus, that was just a bonus for when you're done grinding for guilt rerolls

I was able to defeat the level 200 mob reliably, so it didn't take that long.

I just wish I had an option to stop getting HT Sora medals when I just wanted the event coins, though.

Tidd

Oh man, this HSC about to be another bloodbath. We're getting the jack&sally and zero medals unnerfed. That jack&sally medal is straight up better than TVA guilted and unguilted.

There has to be a mistake? Why does Zero cost 5 gauges and Jack & Sally just 2? Am I missing something?
I just read that J&S is better than some future premium medals? WTF?

Sölf

Yeah, I won't even get a Jack and Sally, right? I will never be able to get into one of the 5000 places that get one. >_>

also

Banned
I was able to defeat the level 200 mob reliably, so it didn't take that long.

I just wish I had an option to stop getting HT Sora medals when I just wanted the event coins, though.
The lv 200 mob didn't drop more coins than the other enemies. When I was grinding for coins I skipped it and the lv. 150 one because, despite being able to 1-turn them, it just took too long because I had to use special attacks.

Sölf

I would be happy if the HSC would just end now, because I am in 505th place right now. xD

Honestly, I would be really suprised if I would stay in one of the 5000 first places.

Sölf

So was the reddit data mining wrong sinxe it didn't gave Zero and Jack & Sally?

You get Zero from the HSC for reaching X points. Jack & Sally are the rewards for ranks (up to 5000). I got 1 Zero so far and probably won't get any more, and I doubt I will even get a single Jack & Sally.

The lv 200 mob didn't drop more coins than the other enemies. When I was grinding for coins I skipped it and the lv. 150 one because, despite being able to 1-turn them, it just took too long because I had to use special attacks.

Those two fights would give you like 16 coins total. It really quickens the pace in the long run.

Sölf

Hm, I have another 3k jewels. I could buy the second HT Donald board, especially for the skill medals, or I would buy the EMC for only 2500 at the moment. Which is actually a bit tempting... xD

That aside, finished the story today and managed to 2 round the 475 boss, which was rather easy compared to... basically every other boss in existance.

Sölf;221006821 said:
Hm, I have another 3k jewels. I could buy the second HT Donald board, especially for the skill medals, or I would buy the EMC for only 2500 at the moment. Which is actually a bit tempting... xD

That aside, finished the story today and managed to 2 round the 475 boss, which was rather easy compared to... basically every other boss in existance.

In case you didn't know, you are not guaranteed any of the new medals in the 2500 deal.

Skittles

There has to be a mistake? Why does Zero cost 5 gauges and Jack & Sally just 2? Am I missing something?
I just read that J&S is better than some future premium medals? WTF?
the zero cost wont be so bad once we get ability 1, which has a 100% chance of making a medal cost 1 bar. yeah, J&S is a beast medal since you can get +2 buff easily.

that discounted emc deal seems like it sucks. I'm not sure if anything is guarnteed and the reward for 10 pulls is old sephy, which is kind of irrelevant because of ht sora. imma wait anyway because ill kairi could be soon

Skittles

Sölf;221015089 said:
Yeah, I know that. Still, 2500 for 10 medals. I haven't done that many pulls so far, that's another reason why I am considering.
go with the dots pull if that's your reasoning. far better chance of good stuff

Brandson

Sölf;220984009 said:
You get Zero from the HSC for reaching X points. Jack & Sally are the rewards for ranks (up to 5000). I got 1 Zero so far and probably won't get any more, and I doubt I will even get a single Jack & Sally.

I'm struggling a bit with this HSC. The only 21% or 14% bonus medal I have is regular Sephiroth. I need a better strategy for dealing with the last groups of enemies. I haven't killed any of them yet. My best score is 6.97mil, currently rank 1618 and falling fast.

Sölf

I'm struggling a bit with this HSC. The only 21% or 14% bonus medal I have is regular Sephiroth. I need a better strategy for dealing with the last groups of enemies. I haven't killed any of them yet. My best score is 6.97mil, currently rank 1618 and falling fast.

I only have 7% ones myself, so I could get 28% maximum unless I just use bonus multipliers and nothing else. Managed to beat the level 250 Defendor group, but that's the only one. All others wreck me.

Brandson

Sölf;221021779 said:
I only have 7% ones myself, so I could get 28% maximum unless I just use bonus multipliers and nothing else. Managed to beat the level 250 Defendor group, but that's the only one. All others wreck me.

Managed to get up to 8.04mil, rank 890, also getting wrecked by the end groups. I've been doing the blue chest path to benefit from Sephiroth. Maybe a friend medal with Sleep+ would help.

Azuran

Banned
go with the dots pull if that's your reasoning. far better chance of good stuff

True dat.

I did one pull from that because I have no self control and got Musketeer Mickey which is great considering I was missing a good AOE Speed medal. Feels good having something good for once!

About the new Halloween event we have, if you guys can't handle the Legendary mission, then you're not missing out on too much. A runthrough of the Legendary mission is basically equivalent to 2 Advanced missions. I was even able to defeat one of the rare golden mushroom enemies in the Legendary mission and it only gave out like 100 extra coins (I expected like 300 at the least lol).

I do recommend you guys find a build that can get you to defeat all those level 200 enemies so you can complete all the objectives, however.

Sölf

About the new Halloween event we have, if you guys can't handle the Legendary mission, then you're not missing out on too much. A runthrough of the Legendary mission is basically equivalent to 2 Advanced missions. I was even able to defeat one of the rare golden mushroom enemies in the Legendary mission and it only gave out like 100 extra coins (I expected like 300 at the least lol).

I do recommend you guys find a build that can get you to defeat all those level 200 enemies so you can complete all the objectives, however.

I can't even beat a single group without having to use a Continue. Not enough damage and 2 hits kill me. D:

Yup, i only did it because db2 activated on both attacks, no idea how I'd be able to get the Magic Mirror (and I'm not spending jewels to get it either).

With these new missions we have continued the trend of getting 1000 extra jewels a week, so that's nice.

Ilvocare

So I WAS right about there being new deals today then, even if the old ones don't expire until next friday...

lots of stuff to do now, don't wanna do it

I pushed Halloween Sora to guilt status. 68% is an ok percent, right?

So I WAS right about there being new deals today then, even if the old ones don't expire until next friday...

lots of stuff to do now, don't wanna do it

I pushed Halloween Sora to guilt status. 68% is an ok percent, right?

My HT Sora is at 68% too, I'm exhausted to try guilting again lol

Ilvocare

Below average since the range goes from 50 to 100%.

Just checked the in-game guide: it says Tier 3 guilt is between 40 and 100%. Not 50. That'd make 70 the average, and 68 is two magic mirrors away from that.

My HT Sora is at 68% too, I'm exhausted to try guilting again lol
I wouldn't bother trying at this point. With the party I have (Or lack thereof) I'm STRONGLY considering jumping unions. Leopardo is a fucking wasteland of activity if you're not paying...

I wouldn't bother trying at this point. With the party I have (Or lack thereof) I'm STRONGLY considering jumping unions. Leopardo is a fucking wasteland of activity if you're not paying...

Yep, I'm not going to try again. I joined my brother's party, with me and my sister and some of his friends. None of them are active, and haven't logged on in weeks. So I'm thinking of doing the same lol

Psxphile

Am I correct in assuming that of the 3 multi-medal deals currently available to pull, that the one from debuted last week is still the best one to go with? Two guaranteed Epic medals out of 10 and a (slim) chance at Illustrated Sephy w/ even slimmer chance of getting it with a boost @ 3000 seems better to me than a no guarantees and just as slim a chance at regular Seph pull @ 2500 or 5 AoE medals (one with 3 pips filled in) w/ no chance at all at getting any of the Illustrated AoE medals.

Then there's the premium avatar w/ HT Donald and APP, which would be totes useful if I had any good AoE medals I'd want to place it on and I didn't already win an APP earlier from the last HSC.

Azuran

Banned
Is Olympia worth using when only fourth slots are available? Mine is already at +20 and I'm on mission 351 so I'm starting to assume that fifth spot will never open up until I upgrade it a lot further. I tried looking around the internet but I couldn't find some answers on how to do it.

Top Bottom