• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

I expect to be wholly unable to do like 3 of the 5 objectives come Saturday. It's gonna be some 80000 damage threshhold or some nonsense on the final one, just you wait...

A 3 STR boosted and 2 Speedboosted Marluxia A w/ full munks but no pips on +26 Divine Rose's 2.6x slot broke 113k, after dropping the magic enemy's defense by one tier.

I think I'll be good on Saturday.

Ilvocare

A 3 STR boosted and 2 Speedboosted Marluxia A w/ full munks but no pips on +26 Divine Rose's 2.6x slot broke 113k, after dropping the magic enemy's defense by one tier.

I think I'll be good on Saturday.

I have some of those things!

I think I can workshop a solution, then!

EDIT: Shit, no one mentioned how drastically different Flowbermeow's evolution requirements were. I assumed they were the standard for evolving a 5* Speed medal but no they're completely different. I just wasted a lot of time grinding up Floras...!

Credo

Well, I've written off Marluxia B. It's not possible for me to progress past the LV 160 Spook, so I'm left with yet another medal with 3 pips that I failed to upgrade all the way. Sometimes I wonder why I keep going with this game when it seems like I'll always be subpar or worse since I'm not throwing money at it.

Famassu

Assuming the enemy is still a relatively low lvl bag o' coal, even a mid level guilted & fully Chipped medal (i.e. Illustrated Cid w/ABII) should be able to exceed 80k in the right slot (Treasure Trove's third slot or Olympia's fourth) pretty easily if you have something like Piglet and whatever other generic str buffers that get you to tier 3 str buff before those slots.

Ilvocare

That was fast. I guilted, Chipped, Daled, and Cidded my Flowbermeow. He's basically a significantly better version of my Sora Ver. A that I had been using for so long, so I've happily added him into my rotation.

First guilt roll was a paltry 43%, second one was significantly better, at 85%. Now the real rolling starts...

Ilvocare

HAHAHA

OH WOW

Flowbermeow's second reroll/ third actual roll was 99%! One Mirror later and I don't have to fuck with him anymore!!

Azuran

Banned
I should clarify that I mean in comparison to japan. everyone expected unicorn to be on top before release since it was number 1 in japan. In america, vulpes has been number one since the beginning.

Do you have a guilted jack and a friend's guilted jack?

Why didn't you grab the Jack medal? :(

My medals were pretty mediocre back then so I didn't even gave it much of a try because I thought it was impossible for me. Now reading about it made me realized I could have easily gotten a few with some help. So much regret now :(

Do you guys think Meowjesty outclasses TR Goofy? I have both completely maxed out.

It'll be sad to see TR Goofy be forgotten. He's been the MVP in so many missions up until now. :<

EDIT: By the way, since we still have this 0 AP thing going on and everyone should have a guilted Meowjesty by this point, I highly highly highly recommend everyone to complete the objectives for the Kupo Dew Drops mission this weekend. You'll need 0 Pester Jesters to spawn to complete the "defeat all enemies" objective, but with 0 AP going on it'd just be a matter of time.

Here's a template that can work for basically anyone:

+25 Olympia
-A Dispel medal (Alice, Belle, or Zero)
-At least a 2-tier Power-boost medal (Illustrated Sora, Crocodile)
-At least a 2-tier strength medal (Pooh, Piglet, Poohglet, Illustrated Kairi)
-Meowjesty (maxed out)
-Any medal that can give you special gauge or Poison (Upright Speed preferred)
-Any friend medal that can give you special gauge or Poison (Power preferred)

You can also use Uniform Kairi, Uniform Selphie, or Ansem the Wise instead of a Pooh or whatever. Just make sure you have like 4 total stength-ups between the standard/power buffs total when you activate your special attack with Meowjesty (so, I'm pretty sure even a Phil + Uniform Selphie combination can work).

This will be the best opportunity for you guys to 3-Mickey it. Don't waste your chance!

Psxphile

Cxg9wbuUkAAObo9.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5FPglf9o8

EDIT: let's see how good they're supposed to be

So like Behemoth. I don't have one, so no idea if it gets much use in regular play. Good for raid bosses, apparently.

Skittles

Cxg9wbuUkAAObo9.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5FPglf9o8

So like Behemoth. I don't have one, so no idea if it gets much use in regular play. Good for raid bosses, apparently.
Both look really meh unless you straight up guilt them. Even then flowbermeow is more cost efficient than the power medal and you need to max out the multi on the speed one to get some mileage. Looking forward to grabbing skills and mirrors though!

My medals were pretty mediocre back then so I didn't even gave it much of a try because I thought it was impossible for me. Now reading about it made me realized I could have easily gotten a few with some help. So much regret now :(
We have a lot of competent theory crafters in this thread. If you don't think you can do something, we're always here to help

Edit: So the HSC is super easy if you have something like a HT goofy (with a tier 3 str buff of course), the enemy with the highest HP has only 5 bars. This HSC is super multiplier dependent. At 8 mil with a 0% multiplier and that's me killing everything. You don't get a beat & rhyme until 9mil.

On the other hand, ranking reward intervals were massively expanded. Top 20k get a 1x Beat & Rhyme, 1x Mirror, 2x 5* chip, 2 5* dale

Sölf

Got ~5 million with a 7% multiplier. I doubt I will get much more, unless I find a way to survive either the 2x 200 Yelow Copter Fleet or the 250 Search Ghost. I haven't used the Meowjesty yet, who has 80% guilt, but no reduced cost and +0/0 so far. I just lack the Chips and Dales to buff him at the moment. Not sure if he would be good enough even without +1000/+1000. The only other thing I could do would be to put Pooh & Piglet somewhere in my TT, but no idea what I would kick instead.

Psxphile

Hm, Beat & Rhyme actually do more damage the less Lux you gain on a mission. Guess the image above is wrong on that. Or did SENA alter it for global?

Damn, this is the HSC I needed a powered-up Moogle of Glory to really take advantage of my high-scoring medals: pulled Eraqus last time and just now got a Master Xehanort from the Score Assistance pull.

Modoru

Do you guys think Meowjesty outclasses TR Goofy? I have both completely maxed out.

It'll be sad to see TR Goofy be forgotten. He's been the MVP in so many missions up until now. :<
In single target situations, Meowjesty definitely outclasses TR Goofy. Multiplier alone is leaps and bounds higher.

Not often, honestly - unless you guilted it, which is highly unlikely, and really only useful in situations where you get a lot of lux (raid bosses or v. large stages w/ multiple enemies)

Hm, Beat & Rhyme actually do more damage the less Lux you gain on a mission. Guess the image above is wrong on that. Or did SENA alter it for global?

Damn, this is the HSC I needed a powered-up Moogle of Glory to really take advantage of my high-scoring medals: pulled Eraqus last time and just now got a Master Xehanort from the Score Assistance pull.

It was altered for global. Problem with both masters is their 5-gauge cost. Makes it super annoying to properly handle your gauges for the higher target enemies.

On the upside, you can go back to earlier points of the map so you can properly plan out how you want to defeat your targets.

This HSC is heavily dependent on multipliers (which is both a blessing and a curse, in some respects) - if you can guilt at least one of the two masters (preferably Eraqus, since all your main targets are speed-based), their incredibly high multiplier will most likely obliterate even lv.200~250 targets.

I managed to get 6m killing everything except two targets for my first try, with 0% multiplier.

Famassu

THAT friend who got Illustrated Riku & Kairi in the same pull and then got Illustrated Sora & Pals in the next one after that "just made a couple of pulls" now and got

Illustrated King Mickey
A second Illustrated Kairi
Illustrated Sora
Roxas
Vanitas

Hate towards friend
('s awesome luck)
grows strong.

EDIT: Mmhhhh, to do 1-2 x Score Assistance pull or a regular EMC 10 medal pull. Have 4000 jewels. On one hand, the EMC COULD, in theory, give me far better medals than most medals in the Score Assistance deal. On the other, the Score Assistance pull could give me Ice Titan (which is only one medal away from guilting, if I get a high guilt it could be a really good AOE medal for some situations, not quite general use due to high special cost of 4), has a higher chance of giving me Namine than a regular pull (I really want at least one of them, for those rare occasions it's useful ;__; ) and could give me a couple of other good or even great medals that push me closer to guilting them (i.e. Xemnas).

Modoru

THAT friend who got Illustrated Riku & Kairi in the same pull and then got Illustrated Sora & Pals in the next one after that "just made a couple of pulls" now and got

Illustrated King Mickey
A second Illustrated Kairi
Illustrated Sora
Roxas
Vanitas

Hate towards friend
('s awesome luck)
grows strong.

EDIT: Mmhhhh, to do 1-2 x Score Assistance pull or a regular EMC 10 medal pull. Have 4000 jewels. On one hand, the EMC COULD, in theory, give me far better medals than most medals in the Score Assistance deal. On the other, the Score Assistance pull could give me Ice Titan (which is only one medal away from guilting, if I get a high guilt it could be a really good AOE medal for some situations, not quite general use due to high special cost of 4), has a higher chance of giving me Namine than a regular pull (I really want at least one of them, for those rare occasions it's useful ;__; ) and could give me a couple of other good or even great medals that push me closer to guilting them (i.e. Xemnas).

I feel like he's lying on the amount of pulls he does, ngl
Friend of ours was doing the same shit from the start of the game, we started questioning how he got so good, so fast - dude was putting hardcore dosh into this game, but didn't outright say it

as for the EMC vs ScAs -
evaluate what you need more:
most medals in the ScAs are epic or higher (all of them, actually), but a limited subset which could be either very detrimental or very helpful
EMC gives you guaranteed new medals plus others, albeit t2 guilt or higher / 4* or higher

http://imgur.com/a/Izqno

That's what I have so far on me. If there's anything that can increase my chances of beating the last trial, then awesome. If not, that's ok too. I already accepted this may be impossible for me atm.

I can't really assess good medals for you right now, but from a quick glance, I think you have a lot of medals that would do well with dotting, firstly, to consolidate space? I think that should help a bit in determining what's worth aiming for/using

Famassu

http://imgur.com/a/Izqno

That's what I have so far on me. If there's anything that can increase my chances of beating the last trial, then awesome. If not, that's ok too. I already accepted this may be impossible for me atm.
Weeeell, I'd maybe try something like...

Illustrated Kairi
Mr. Smee
Ice Titan (don't use its special attack, but it's powerful enough to do some damage with a normal attack)
Anti-Form Sora or Musketeer Donald (if you need AOE help in killing the target enemy's cronies)
Hag
+ Jack Skellington or some guilted attributed magic medal might work better.

on Three Wishes.

Don't forget to use Nova, probably better off using it on the first turn if you don't have enough special gauges to do it on the second one.

CRS

If you're skeptical about your lucky friend, just look up the number of medals he's pulled with jewels on his profile page.

Ilvocare

Are the current event medals (Meow Wow ones and Marluxia) worth getting?

Absolutely, they skyrocketed my capablities in-game super good. Even my Marl B (who has the lowest possible roll for guilt he could have) outpaces my Seph at the moment. I apologize for shitting on him.

Modoru

Meowjesty and Flowbermeow, specifically, are worth having. Meow Wow, well.... it's there, I guess? It's a 25% guilt and costs 3? 4? gauges? I'd rather just use a guilted yuna.
Forgot to mention Marluxia B is crazy good too - but not being able to reroll is a definite issue, if you get a low guilt.

Absolutely, they skyrocketed my capablities in-game super good. Even my Marl B (who has the lowest possible roll for guilt he could have) outpaces my Seph at the moment. I apologize for shitting on him.

Generally speaking, guilted medals will always outclass a non-guilt in terms of special attack - even if they're premiums.

Premiums are just most useful even without guilt since they have associated buffs/abilities (iSora/Terra/Riku/Aqua/Ventus/Cloud, S&P, SDG, so on...)

To add onto what everyone is saying, Meowjesty by itself should now make it possible to complete quite a few Adamantite/MoG material quests.

Like, I'm pretty sure that with a maxed out Meowjesty, enough buffing, and a Dispel, anyone can 3-Mickey the Kupo Dew Drops and MoG Adamantite pt. 4 quests, especially if they also have a maxed out Meowjesty friend medal in tow.

CRS

You owe it to yourself to max out at least one Meowjesty. I have two right now, might go with a third just in case.

Modoru

If you have the patience for it, it's not a bad investment.
I just can't handle the slog of leveling and trying to reroll the same medal multiple times
I just barely bothered with HT Sora, Meowjesty ain't taking what little patience I have left (plus I don't have Fantasia Mickeys left over right now....)

If you have the patience for it, it's not a bad investment.
I just can't handle the slog of leveling and trying to reroll the same medal multiple times
I just barely bothered with HT Sora, Meowjesty ain't taking what little patience I have left (plus I don't have Fantasia Mickeys left over right now....)

I am in the same boat, I haven't done most event medals but Meowjesty is worth it. Halloween Sora is just decent, Meowjesty seems like it will last much longer power wise.

deanote666

Anyone know if there's any way to get the guilt to go more in your favor? Like you fuse 3 at the same time to try to get better odds of raising the guilt?

I've fused around 10 to 1 of the green cat medals and is still 80%. Just did 3 in a row and stayed at 80%.

Ilvocare

Anyone know if there's any way to get the guilt to go more in your favor? Like you fuse 3 at the same time to try to get better odds of raising the guilt?

I've fused around 10 to 1 of the green cat medals and is still 80%. Just did 3 in a row and stayed at 80%.

Nope. Each roll is completely independent of the pips on a medal beforehand. Don't ever bother using pipped medals for guilt rolls, it's a complete waste of additional opportunities.

deanote666

Nope. Each roll is completely independent of the pips on a medal beforehand. Don't ever bother using pipped medals for guilt rolls, it's a complete waste of additional opportunities.

Thanks. I've been doing one at a time but was hoping for a better way.

I fused 3 more and went up to 83% on the 3ed one...

Tidd

After I barely logged in the last few weeks and only did a few quests I decided that I will quit the game now. I just don't enjoy it anymore. Part of it is for the same reason why Brandson left. But yeah I don't want to start this discussion again.

Have fun and hopefully you will get your Mickey & Brooms soonish. :D
Thanks for everything. It was fun with you while I enjoyed the game. :3

Ilvocare

Welp. Finally bit the bullet, and jumped ship from Leopardo to Unicornis. I've got no party, and I don't know when I'll be allowed to join anyone, but I really hope I can get into one soon. Is it true I literally can't join anyone until the month ends???

EDIT: ID is 92273.

Psxphile

Welp. Finally bit the bullet, and jumped ship from Leopardo to Unicornis. I've got no party, and I don't know when I'll be allowed to join anyone, but I really hope I can get into one soon. Is it true I literally can't join anyone until the month ends???

What? No. I left and joined a new party within a day. The month thing is just concerning end-of-month lux totals you forfeit when you jump ship.

Ilvocare

What? No. I left and joined a new party within a day. The month thing is just concerning end-of-month lux totals you forfeit when you jump ship.

Huh. I didn't realize end-of-month lux totals were a thing. Like, there's never been any such ranking for them, has there?

Psxphile

Huh. I didn't realize end-of-month lux totals were a thing. Like, there's never been any such ranking for them, has there?

Oop. Yeah, you're right. It's weekly lux totals that get forfeited if you transfer unions (not party, that's an important distinction). I do remember there was something about a month when I was researching jumping unions, maybe it had something to do with the Coliseum.

Ilvocare

Oop. Yeah, you're right. It's weekly lux totals that get forfeited if you transfer unions (not party, that's an important distinction). I do remember there was something about a month when I was researching jumping unions, maybe it had something to do with the Coliseum.

Maybe, but I'm still ranking in Coli and I'm at the same rank and round I was last at.

Famassu

Managed to do the exceed 100k damage in one of today's jewel challenges. Setup for Divine Rose +26 was

6* Lvl 100 Piglet for tier 2 str buff
6* lvl 1 Megara for single target tier 1 debuff
6* Lvl 100 KHII Aeris for the third str buff tier
5* lvl 1 Mr. Smee for another tier of def debuff
6* lvl 100 Marluxia B w/ ABIII and 1000/1000 Chipped & 99% guilt

Hit the green Bag O' Coal w/Piglet, the blue one with Megara, the red one with Aeris, all with Mr. Smee and then the blue one was left just a sliver of health so that I could obliterate it with Marluxia B and when ABIII activated it did 116k damage.

Azuran

Banned
OMG I got it! I thought it was going to be impossible but I actually did it after a bit of tinkering and experimentation.

I can't believe it. It came down to the very last move and hoping for Attack Boost II to proc so it was pretty tense.

That's what ended up getting me the win. I started by using the set Famassu recommended me but the damage output wasn't enough. So I then decided to give poison to Ice Titan which made the most difference, and a Paralysis to KH Aerith YOLO hoping for that to stick for Hag. Needless to say, everything went perfectly during my winning run. I also replaced Musketeer Mickey with Magician Donald just because of the lower gauge since I was using Ava's KH CoM BC Riku and that gave me an extra attack with it in the second turn.

Phew, now I can finally play Pokemon in peace without worrying about this anymore. It feels good guys!

Skittles

OMG I got it! I thought it was going to be impossible but I actually did it after a bit of tinkering and experimentation.

I can't believe it. It came down to the very last move and hoping for Attack Boost II to proc so it was pretty tense.

That's what ended up getting me the win. I started by using the set Famassu recommended me but the damage output wasn't enough. So I then decided to give poison to Ice Titan which made the most difference, and a Paralysis to KH Aerith YOLO hoping for that to stick for Hag. Needless to say, everything went perfectly during my winning run. I also replaced Musketeer Mickey with Magician Donald just because of the lower gauge since I was using Ava's KH CoM BC Riku and that gave me an extra attack with it in the second turn.

Phew, now I can finally play Pokemon in peace without worrying about this anymore. It feels good guys!
Gz! Glad you got it!

Here's the setup I used to get the 100k hit today. ATB 2 on marl did not have to trigger for me to get it
DfPE2ql.png

We'll take you in GAFKingdom but you're already in a party. Lemme know if you decide to leave and I'll invite you as soon as I can.

Honestly, we'll take anybody who's active, we've got quite a few people dropping the game.

Ilvocare

We'll take you in GAFKingdom but you're already in a party. Lemme know if you decide to leave and I'll invite you as soon as I can.

Honestly, we'll take anybody who's active, we've got quite a few people dropping the game.

Shit, sorry, just left now! I should be open to invites!

EDIT:

Been fucking busy. Cleared and 3-Mickeyed MoG quest 1, but BARELY. The others seem to be beyond my capabilities and spawn luck. Even when I take off all my rare enemy spawn avatar items, Pester Jesters still spawn. Like, it's not even them, specifically, that ruin the run, but the BULLSHIT mobs they bring with them. A level 255 Copter Fleet, are you fucking joking???

Outside of that, managed to:

-Clear Divine Rose part 5 thanks to light reliance on APP usage and AB2.
-Cleared ALL the objectives in all the daily quests. I'm super proud of that, and it wouldn't have been possible if Jack & Sally hadn't been restored back to their 2-turn glory.
-The BCFs in the 4/5 daily quests I was struggling with required Alice (used only at the first turn), Piglet, J&S (only on first turn), and Meowjesty, in that order, the other two medals seeming to not matter at all. For Trial #3, Meowjesty's AB2 needed to proc once; for trial #4 his AB2 NEEDED to proc both turns in order to beat the fleet in enough time.
-Getting 100000 damage in a hit was rough, but this is what I did:

Divine Rose +25
-Cinderella
-Piglet
-KH2 Aerith
-White Rabbit
-Marl B with my infamous lowest possible 40% guilt

Friend medal is irrelevant. Strat was to kill the two other encounters of bags in the room, hit the bag of coal with Cinderella, kill at least ONE of the bags with the other booster medals, then pray for Marl B's AB2 to proc. My winning run gave me 102k damage.

-Also proceeded to fight the fucking weekend raid bosses, blew up 2 of them in about a half hour. Maxed Meowjesty with buffs and Olympia's 2.70 multiplier is INSANE.
-Cracked the colisseum 2500 rank. At round 88, to boot. "Meteoric" doesn't begin to describe this mad scramble of power I've done...

Sölf

So, yesterday, I decided to pull the some assistance medals:

jH8lQmQ.jpg

This one was actually really good. Eraqus gives me a 14% multiplier (no idea how good the card is though) and I FINALLY got an Alice! :D
The others aren't that important.

I did a second pull but forgot to make a screenshot. I am not completely sure what was in there, but I think it was:

- Lexaeus (my fourth)
- Axel
- Musketeer Goofy (my second)
- Another Aladdin (third one)
- Pain & Panic (second or third one)

Not as good as the first, but this bumps up my Lexaeus again, which is great. Same goes for Musketeer Goofy.

As for Eraquus, is he any good? With 5 gauges he is expensive as fuck, but if the medal is actually strong, I may put the 0-Gauge cost on it.

Modoru

Sölf;225077922 said:
So, yesterday, I decided to pull the some assistance medals:

jH8lQmQ.jpg

This one was actually really good. Eraqus gives me a 14% multiplier (no idea how good the card is though) and I FINALLY got an Alice! :D
The others aren't that important.

I did a second pull but forgot to make a screenshot. I am not completely sure what was in there, but I think it was:

- Lexaeus (my fourth)
- Axel
- Musketeer Goofy (my second)
- Another Aladdin (third one)
- Pain & Panic (second or third one)

Not as good as the first, but this bumps up my Lexaeus again, which is great. Same goes for Musketeer Goofy.

As for Eraquus, is he any good? With 5 gauges he is expensive as fuck, but if the medal is actually strong, I may put the 0-Gauge cost on it.

He's definitely strong, but with his 5 gauge cost, he's not worth the investment unless you manage to guilt him - at least in SENA meta

No cost sounds good on paper, but you'd be relying on it "sometimes" working, rather than the 100% activations from Ability 1/2 we don't quite have yet

Top Bottom