• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

0 AP and VIP Upgrade Quests are heaven. Just in a few hours I completely upgraded all of my power medals and now i'm working on speed. If only the game was this awesome every week. Heck, I'd drop 20 bucks just to be able to play with 0 AP and have the VIP quests every once in a while.

Psxphile

Yeah, they definitely confirmed extending the 0AP campaign but there's no notice about when they plan to end it, at least none I've seen.

Anybody know what that random update was about this morning? Bug fixes?
EDIT: Google Play page just says 'fixed various issues'

Yeah, they definitely confirmed extending the 0AP campaign but there's no notice about when they plan to end it, at least none I've seen.

Most people assumed it was for the Nova/Second Chance glitch.

deanote666

EDIT: Google Play page just says 'fixed various issues'

The notice was updated. 0 AP till the 4th.

Munti

Trying to fully guilt ( or at least close) 5 meowjusties for a long time now.
Thought it would be easy. But man, most of the time the guilt-percent doesn't want to change and stays the same, even if the guilt is in the 70s or 80s% area. I reroll and reroll so many times. I'm starting to think about what algorithms are behind this, but probably I just have bad luck. Now I have time only for one day before the event is over and today I will be very busy with stuff :(

Famassu

Thought it would be easy. But man, most of the time the guilt-percent doesn't want to change and stays the same, even if the guilt is in the 70s or 80s% area. I reroll and reroll so many times. I'm starting to think about what algorithms are behind this, but probably I just have bad luck. Now I have time only for one day before the event is over and today I will be very busy with stuff :(
Reading posts like these almost makes me feel bad for getting 90% on my forst guilt try for the Speed meow medal yesterday... Then I remember the hell I went through to get a decent guilt for Halloween Sora and I don't.

So I recently came back to this after a long time and I'm seeing all these amazing Event medals I missed like Jack and Sally. Any chance that Events will return so I can get stuff I missed?

Ilvocare

So I recently came back to this after a long time and I'm seeing all these amazing Event medals I missed like Jack and Sally. Any chance that Events will return so I can get stuff I missed?

So far? No, not really. But Flowbermeow and Meowjesty are still available for like, two more days? They're fantastic, and you should nab and guilt them ASAP.

EDIT: I wouldn't expect a retraux until like, a YEAR after those events happened, at the very least.

So far? No, not really. But Flowbermeow and Meowjesty are still available for like, two more days? They're fantastic, and you should nab and guilt them ASAP.

EDIT: I wouldn't expect a retraux until like, a YEAR after those events happened, at the very least.

A year? Yikes. Hopefully none of them are really required for anything.

Yeah, I'll be working on those some time tonight. Right now I'm farming up as many evo materials as I can to 6* all the Medals I'd been logging on and doing random pulls here and there with.

Modoru

Maybe not necessarily a year - Shadow was featured in two separate HSCs along with Darkside

RAX made a comeback (albeit in a stupid pay-to-get fashion, iirc)

Meow-wow was technically reissued with this past event.

It's really just up to them, but J&S we might not see for a while. They're not exactly "necessary" for anything, but they're certainly helpful medals.

deanote666

I know the feeling. I was the same way with the meowjesty and green cat before this event started. Then I had meowjesties go up to 99%, 97%, 96% after this event started.

Had more of the common medals go straight to 25% since this event started too. I just keep running out of the common medals to re-roll it.

Does anyone have a list of missions to farm the common medals at? The ones I find online aren't very accurate.

Credo

Is now a good time to pull on either the epic carnival or four day deal, and which do you think would be best to choose? I don't keep up with the game as closely as some of you do, so I'm not sure if something good is coming in the near future. I pulled 4 times on Kairi and got absolutely nothing worthwhile in addition to not getting Kairi, so I'm a bit pull-shy right now.

Modoru

Is now a good time to pull on either the epic carnival or four day deal, and which do you think would be best to choose? I don't keep up with the game as closely as some of you do, so I'm not sure if something good is coming in the near future. I pulled 4 times on Kairi and got absolutely nothing worthwhile in addition to not getting Kairi, so I'm a bit pull-shy right now.

If this is you one and only pull, I don't really recommend pulling
You could theoretically get lucky and get iBCM, but the odds of that are low - and as for the current trio, Eraqus and Xehanort are good, but their high cost makes them useless in most cases, and Vanitas is HD Aqua, but reverse speed.

four day deal is worthless because there's just a v. high chance of you not getting anything worthwhile

Consider those things while making a decision, but just wait for the next carnival, imo

Psxphile

Finally got me a Namine (two, actually) from the Score Assistance Deal. It's no longer as useful with all these good medals we've been given lately allowing us to just bruteforce some of the bullshit, but still good to have for those 3x buff fuckers that will continue to show up in the future.

I've only been able to break 9mil w/ 28% score in the HSC so far, going to try again w/ a slightly higher multiplier later.

Finally got me a Namine (two, actually) from the Score Assistance Deal. It's no longer as useful with all these good medals we've been given lately allowing us to just bruteforce some of the bullshit, but still good to have for those 3x buff fuckers that will continue to show up in the future.

I've only been able to break 9mil w/ 28% score in the HSC so far, going to try again w/ a slightly higher multiplier later.

Namine is actually pretty good for dealing with defense-buffed enemies. I wouldn't have been able to beat those level 200+ Pumpkin Soldiers last month without her.

Grieves

Guys

I quit

RIP
KingdomGAF dropping like flies. Sad to see you go, Falk.

TBH I can understand anyone dropping this. I feel like the game is taking too much of what little free time I have and if I don't grind xp / evolve medals most days then I'm held back for a week. I've already started relying on mirrors for increasing guilt as I can't be arsed re-rolling.

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, was the same deal for Brave Exvius and Mobius. The only way I was keeping up with 4 (lol) gacha games at once was basically being almost constantly in a state of either traveling, waiting for meetings, or waiting for correspondence on work, or being on tour or at conferences in a hotel room.

Now that the biggest projects this year have wrapped up/are wrapping up, I actually have time to be in front of a console or a PC for the express use of playing games, so I'd rather dig into my backlog than be stuck in gacha hell.

I think KHUX is a great game with a great gameplay loop, and my biggest gripe - the stinginess of the HSC vs playerbase size - was literally just fixed. However I'm not quite deriving enough entertainment out of the time invested to have it be the one that comes out of the survival-of-the-fittest as far as my time goes.

It's also the chumpiest of chump times to quit considering I *just* dropped $5 on Black Friday deal, OP J&S is likely to be OP for quite a bit, and Meowjesty event rewards are all kinds of wrecking stuff. But oh well, the boldest of decisions are the easiest to stick to, I guess.

Sölf

Eh, was the same deal for Brave Exvius and Mobius. The only way I was keeping up with 4 (lol) gacha games at once was basically either traveling, waiting for meetings, or waiting for correspondence on work.

Now that the biggest projects this year have wrapped up/are wrapping up, I actually have time to be in front of a console or a PC for the express use of playing games, so I'd rather dig into my backlog than be stuck in gacha hell.

I think KHUX is a great game with a great gameplay loop, and my biggest gripe - the stinginess of the HSC vs playerbase size - was literally just fixed. However I'm not quite deriving enough entertainment out of the time invested to have it be the one that comes out of the survival-of-the-fittest as far as my time goes.

So first you lure us into the Discord and then you leave. Shame.

Credo

Thanks for the pulling recommendations. I was just looking for more medals to work on while 0 AP is active, but I'd rather have extra jewels than a wasted 3000 on trash like my last 4 pulls, so I guess I'll wait for the fabled Brooms.

Munti

Eh, was the same deal for Brave Exvius and Mobius. The only way I was keeping up with 4 (lol) gacha games at once was basically being almost constantly in a state of either traveling, waiting for meetings, or waiting for correspondence on work, or being on tour or at conferences in a hotel room.

It's also the chumpiest of chump times to quit considering I *just* dropped $5 on Black Friday deal, OP J&S is likely to be OP for quite a bit, and Meowjesty event rewards are all kinds of wrecking stuff. But oh well, the boldest of decisions are the easiest to stick to, I guess.

Sad to hear you quit, even though I wasn't in your group. But totally understandable. I always asked myself how you always have time to play this :p. Great that you have time for games with "more meat" now.
Hopefully you'll come back one day. Maybe for season 2? Or maybe you will have to work for new songs for unchained x? ;P
Take care

Famassu

I reeeally think it's getting to the point where SQEX definitely MUST introduce Mickey & Brooms to western gamers ASAP. While I would have liked to get them as early as possible, I haven't lamented them missing from the localized version since it has still felt like medal pulls (can) mean something and give you a lot of useful medals as is.

But at this point we have free medals like Meowjesty that trump most every medal so far (especially since non-whales have very unlikely guilted any of the few medals that can be better) and players who've stuck with the game from the start and played even semi-actively should start to have guilted Tier 2 & even some Tier 3 medals, so even getting some of the strongest medals in the game so far (Xemnas, Illustrated Sora & Pals etc.) isn't necessarily a reason for excitement when those lesser medals guilted >>>> super rare ones un-guilted. Like Vanitas. Seems like it will be a pretty good medal. Absolutely useless at the moment until I get it guilted, which isn't necessarily happening anytime soon without Brooms (even with them).

Psxphile

CyFEeyyUkAALa_u.jpg

CyFFM_vUoAAX5z0.png:small

Damn, son.

Tirod

Yeah I walked out of my Moana screening last night and internally I was like "Damn I would totally dig Moana medals in KHUX." Literally the next day I get my gratification lol.

Will be interesting to see in the next minutes the details of the pull banner and what the Moana medals do.

Skittles

that black friday deal pull is actually absurd. I regret wasting 6000 jewels on hard headedness earlier
with the black friday deal pull you get all epics, two of them will be 3 piped, and HD sora is guaranteed within 5 pulls

Tirod

Banner is interesting.

I had to go to 5 pulls for mercy HD Sora. Like the notice said, there's only a chance it'll be one of the 6 stars orbed, and it was not one of the orbed ones.

In a pull leading up to it, I got an SDG but it did not get 3 orbs either because it came bundled with 2 6 star reverse medals.

So with the exception of HD Sora POSSIBLY having 3 orbs, I think all legendaries are excluded from coming with 3 orbs.

Also as a side note, HD Sora looks fabulous with share sparkles floating around him haha.

Sölf

Hm, I have 4500 jewels at the moment and satill can get 450 from story quests. And I will probably put another 5€ next week into the game.

So what to buy. What do the Avatar Boards give you?

Skittles

Sölf;225421211 said:
Shieeeeet. How am I supposed to get all this. D:
Don't, unless a certain board appeals to you aesthetically. The best board is the aladdin board (two ATB2 & APP between them) followed by the little mermaid one. The other two are extremely meh in comparsion

Just hit 9.6 mil in the HSC with like a 38% multiplier. The best reward is at 10 mil so I don't know how long i'm gonna stay in 50th place(thank you meowjesty)

CRS

Triton/Ariel is the best board for the Status Effect+ medals. I'm picking up both next week when I buy the $5 deal. They're extremely useful for high level enemies and Coliseum. They kinda got nerfed with the latest app update, but still solid.

Sölf

Don't, unless a certain board appeals to aesthetically. The best board is the aladdin board (two ATB2 & APP between them) followed by the little mermaid one. The other two are extremely meh in comparsion

Imo the Status+ effects are actually useful (at least poison). Alice does look good. Jasmine as well. Fuck, I need like 20k jewels. D:

Sölf

Just hit 9.6 mil in the HSC with like a 38% multiplier. The best reward is at 10 mil so I don't know how long i'm gonna stay in 50th place(thank you meowjesty)

I only get to around 5 million, then I die to the 250 or 300 enemies (depending on whether I get lucky on the 250 ones). That's with 28% boost (Meowjesty, Flowbmeow and Marluxia B as well as another Meowjesty friendmedal). I now regret I haven't farmed more Meowjesties. Jesus, those things are monsters when fully buffed up. I am happy for the one I got, but honestly, those are just insane.

I also bought the Jasmine board and put the ATK II Boost + APP on my Meowjesty.

I am f2p and did the 5 splurge on medals. Let me know what's good
VjuxfbN.png

AKS2nrY.png

ovQp9lv.png

QlNcIlv.png

cziRQ6S.png

In other news I have enough to guilt and re-roll a final form sora due to my previous medal pulls for the score assist.

Top Bottom