• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Sölf

I have 2 power gems. Put both into Treasure Trove for +27, or wait until I get enough adamantite to upgrade Olympia to +25 and then to +26?

Famassu

Sölf;224522769 said:
I have 2 power gems. Put both into Treasure Trove for +27, or wait until I get enough adamantite to upgrade Olympia to +25 and then to +26?
The improvements to slot multipliers are pretty pitiful with the jump from 25 -> 26 with most keyblades. You get, like, +0.10 to one basic multiplier (so basically useless) and +0.1 to some Upright or Reversed slot with Treasure Trove and the same +0.1 to a basic multiplier and maybe +0.15 to some Upright or Reversed slot for Olympia. So Olympia is slightly better. Same kind of pitiful improvements apply to the jump from 26 to 27.

Really, the gems aren't worth the trouble at all.

The improvements to slot multipliers are pretty pitiful with the jump from 25 -> 26 with most keyblades. You get, like, +0.10 to one basic multiplier (so basically useless) and +0.1 to some Upright or Reversed slot with Treasure Trove and the same +0.1 to a basic multiplier and maybe +0.15 to some Upright or Reversed slot for Olympia. So Olympia is slightly better. Same kind of pitiful improvements apply to the jump from 26 to 27.

Really, the gems aren't worth the trouble at all.

Gems are really good for Divine Rose and Moogle of Glory, since it gives them equivalent Speed/Magic nukes to a +25 Olympia.

After that, it's basically a whole lot of incrementalism.

Ilvocare

So even with the wandering spooks in the Marluxia event being super fucking busted, I managed to take out both of them in quest 12 with judicious Jack use.

Quest 13 was a struggle and required me reworking my Divine Rose entirely. Piglet and KH2 Aerith to hit 3 tiers of consistent strength, CoM Riku with APP to net back 7+ gauges in a single blow, Jack at 100% guilt with AB2 Max, Larxene with APP just because I didn't find any use for the fifth slot, and the friend medal was a 93% Jack with a fresh (low-percentage) AB2.

Obvious RNG was needed on my part to get everything to work properly, and after multiple tries, I succeeded! Of course, I had to resources to fuse all my Marl Bs together. So how did it go?

BZZzvtb.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, have they still not officially announced that there are new story missions?

There still isn't a notice for it, last time I checked.

Psxphile

Maybe it was supposed to be a secret.

I went back and re-read the notices to see if maybe something was missed. Nothing about story updates, but I noticed one thing I wasn't aware of before: they are discontinuing the Monday-only, 1/2 AP for Special Quests deal because they plan on having several 0 AP events in the future. It's listed at the bottom of the 5M worldwide notice.

Famassu

So, have they still not officially announced that there are new story missions?

There still isn't a notice for it, last time I checked.
Does anything even happen in the story? If not, maybe that's why they aren't making a big fuss about it. :p I kind of gave up on going forward with the story quests when we went back to the Dwarf + Snow White world that I thought we had already left behind for good. -_-

Ilvocare

Ain't that some shit.

m-m-m-m-m-m-make Marl B g-g-g-g-g-gggggggreat again, pplease

Does anything even happen in the story? If not, maybe that's why they aren't making a big fuss about it. :p I kind of gave up on going forward with the story quests when we went back to the Dwarf + Snow White world that I thought we had already left behind for good. -_-

Yeah but 150 jewels per 5 quests tho

that has to be worth something, right?

I mean why else am I still playing this game if only to get up to date on the layers upon layers upon layers of meta-filler!

besides those bees might be really important, said no one ever

Falk

that puzzling face
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On the bright side it's not some stupid shit like 83% where you're tempted to blow 17 mirrors just to get +5 Nova level.

We enter a new sub-area in Daybreak Town (complete with its own unique music!) and get some new backstory after finishing mission 500, so I'd say yes.

Also, I recommend doing these quests while the 0 AP event is ongoing.

Trigger

Is Unicorn still the best union to join? Just reading through the OP. I played the game a little before, but it's been awhile.

Just need 2 more percentage points for fully guilted Meowjesty and i'm getting frustrated. 10 rerolls and nothing. ARGH! What are some quick ways to get Mirrors? I need this thing fully guilted or it's gonna bother me forever.

Psxphile

Just need 2 more percentage points for fully guilted Meowjesty and i'm getting frustrated. 10 rerolls and nothing. ARGH! What are some quick ways to get Mirrors? I need this thing fully guilted or it's gonna bother me forever.

Should be getting some in the Challenge Quest event. Might have to wait until Thursday and Saturday to see what they offer since today and yesterday only yielded munks and ducks as side bonuses.

Famassu

Treasure Trove #5 done. I don't think I have anything more left that the Moogle of Glory adamantines. And I'm not getting those anytime soon. Or maybe I can once Marluxia B and Meowjesty have been maxed and the MoG materials quests are (at least one step closer to being) more doable.

creid

It's funny that in the main story they finally
give you the bracelet that lets you guilt things. I can't imagine playing the game this long before guilting was introduced.

Skittles

Is Unicorn still the best union to join? Just reading through the OP. I played the game a little before, but it's been awhile.
Vulpes is on top now with unicorn in 2nd. I'm pretty sure GafKingdom could make a spot for you on unicorn, ask LadySiara though

deanote666

The RNG needs to burn!

I've fused 10-15 accross 3 already guilted meowjesty and the highest one I have is still 88%! Just fused 2 in a row on my 88% and is still 88%!

Plus the drop rate from that mission is lucky to be 1 per 20min or so, not to mention the farming of evolution, exp, munny medals.

Damn it. I've guilted Flowbermeow nine times and it's been stuck at 85% it's been 85 ever.single.time
I'm about to give up and yet I'm so close.

Edit: 12 times, and still 85 every time. This is ridiculous.

Ilvocare

On the bright side it's not some stupid shit like 83% where you're tempted to blow 17 mirrors just to get +5 Nova level.

>on the bright side your medal isn't strong in a way that'd tempt you to blow rare resources in order to increase the strength of one attack by about 1500

Realistically, if I got an odd percentage like that I'd use Mirrors to pull it up to the closest 5 or 0 one's digit and be satisfied with that. Especially if it ended up that high.

I know you're trying to help and I genuinely appreciate it, I'm just still oozing salt from every orifice in my body at the result still.

Vulpes is on top now with unicorn in 2nd. I'm pretty sure GafKingdom could make a spot for you on unicorn, ask LadySiara though

So I'm looking at stuff like this and ever since all but one of the members in my party in Leopardo have quit the game, and considering how this week isn't TOO crazy for ranking, I'm tempted to shift over to any active party and union willing to have me. Does anyone have any spots where I could be useful? If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm about level 221, and nabbed about 2.65 million lux during last week, just because I was paranoid about Leopardo hitting 4th place overall, and how the margin between each individual rank in the 1400s was like 7000 lux per person. I ended farming all of that ALL by myself, and so many Trident Tails died to fill up my 6* EXP medal stash...

The RNG needs to burn!

I've fused 10-15 accross 3 already guilted meowjesty and the highest one I have is still 88%! Just fused 2 in a row on my 88% and is still 88%!

Plus the drop rate from that mission is lucky to be 1 per 20min or so, not to mention the farming of evolution, exp, munny medals.

Regarding the bolded, have you considered changing your avatar accessories in order to optimize rare enemy spawns, with item drops as a secondary emphasis? That helped me considerably when farming for Floras, Hueys, and of course Meowjestys.

I ran through the Meowjesty quest about 4 or 5 times and had two Gold Trichlomas spawn each and every time, although I've no clue how much of that is up to luck. Each of them are guaranteed to drop a Meowjesty.

I ended up having about 12 Meowjestys drop, total, and here is where I actually got super lucky for once.

Guilting was 84%, first and second reroll didn't change it, third reroll shoved it up to 88%, fourth to 97%. I used my Mirrors to push it the rest of the way to max.

With this monster fully guilted, Chipped, Daled, and Cidded, and rolling with a spare AB2, it made short fucking work of TT Adamantite quests 3 and 5, and I'm super proud of that. Piglet and J&S fucking helped, too...

Azuran

Banned
I guess I'll join the "I need a new party" support group. I like the one I'm in right now because they're cool people but the majority of them don't even bother to log in every day and when they do they barely play considering they tend to have low ranks every week. I'm just looking for a more active one considering I take this game seriously and I like to have some success doing events and raids. I'm pretty active and will probably be for a long time considering I'm in the middle of a Kingdom Hearts obsession as anyone that knows me and follows my Twitter account can tell you.

So yeah, if there are any active GAF parties with open spots, I would be more than thankful if I could join. I don't mind jumping unions either even if I have to say goodbye to Ava-sama.

deanote666

Regarding the bolded, have you considered changing your avatar accessories in order to optimize rare enemy spawns, with item drops as a secondary emphasis? That helped me considerably when farming for Floras, Hueys, and of course Meowjestys.

I ran through the Meowjesty quest about 4 or 5 times and had two Gold Trichlomas spawn each and every time, although I've no clue how much of that is up to luck. Each of them are guaranteed to drop a Meowjesty.

I ended up having about 12 Meowjestys drop, total, and here is where I actually got super lucky for once.

Guilting was 84%, first and second reroll didn't change it, third reroll shoved it up to 88%, fourth to 97%. I used my Mirrors to push it the rest of the way to max.

With this monster fully guilted, Chipped, Daled, and Cidded, and rolling with a spare AB2, it made short fucking work of TT Adamantite quests 3 and 5, and I'm super proud of that. Piglet and J&S fucking helped, too...

Just fused another one and still at 81%. Still at 81%, 86%, 88%...

Which avatar accessory does that? I just started last month, btw.

I have a piglet but no J&S though. The meowjesty have helped me get more adamantite but not all of them today though.

I still can't get the moogle keyblade either...

What prize do you get from the gold mushrooms too, btw?

Edit: Did another one and STILLLLLL at 81%!

Ilvocare

Just fused another one and still at 81%. Still at 81%, 86%, 88%...

Which avatar accessory does that? I just started last month, btw.

I have a piglet but no J&S though. The meowjesty have helped me get more adamantite but not all of them today though.

I still can't get the moogle keyblade either...

What prize do you get from the gold mushrooms too, btw?

Edit: Did another one and STILLLLLL at 81%!

If you started last month, your pool of possible accessories might be pretty small, then. Regardless, I'm going to list all the various types of accessories that lend you an increased chance to encounter rare enemies that I currently own:

Entries with P after them are universally available from Premium Avatar Boards, meaning you can buy them with jewels, and probably should if only for the cost later on.

Entries with * are pieces that were only available during a certain timeframe because of some event or deal or another, and thus you probably don't have them.

-Cheshire Cat: Mask (counts as hat, actually, for some reason?) +2, P
-Snowman: Hat +2
-Summer Mickey: Hat *, +2
-Formal Mickey: Headpiece (hat) *, +4 [currently using]
-Cheshire Cat: Ears (ALSO counts as hat, meaning both CC accessories can't even be equipped simultaneously) +2, P
-Pointy Bat Hat +2
-Vampire: Wings *, +4
-White Gloves +2
-KH CoM King Mickey: Gloves *, +2
-Blue Flier: Gloves +2
-Nick Wilde/Judy Hopps Snuggly *, +2

Options are limited but there ARE a few that should be currently wearable by you, assuming your level is equivalent or above mine and you have the corresponding outfits unlocked.

Also, like I mentioned before in the post you just quoted, the gold mushrooms drop a guaranteed Meowjesty if you kill them in time. Granted, that means that at least your first three medals have to be REALLY powerful to climb over that +2 defense buff.

If you fight the one with 4 attacks allowed, though, his defense buff goes away after your third attack so that might help some!

deanote666

If you started last month, your pool of possible accessories might be pretty small, then. Regardless, I'm going to list all the various types of accessories that lend you an increased chance to encounter rare enemies that I currently own:

Entries with P after them are universally available from Premium Avatar Boards, meaning you can buy them with jewels, and probably should if only for the cost later on.

Entries with * are pieces that were only available during a certain timeframe because of some event or deal or another, and thus you probably don't have them.

-Cheshire Cat: Mask (counts as hat, actually, for some reason?) +2, P
-Snowman: Hat +2
-Summer Mickey: Hat *, +2
-Formal Mickey: Headpiece (hat) *, +4 [currently using]
-Cheshire Cat: Ears (ALSO counts as hat, meaning both CC accessories can't even be equipped simultaneously) +2, P
-Pointy Bat Hat +2
-Vampire: Wings *, +4
-White Gloves +2
-KH CoM King Mickey: Gloves *, +2
-Blue Flier: Gloves +2
-Nick Wilde/Judy Hopps Snuggly *, +2

Options are limited but there ARE a few that should be currently wearable by you, assuming your level is equivalent or above mine and you have the corresponding outfits unlocked.

Also, like I mentioned before in the post you just quoted, the gold mushrooms drop a guaranteed Meowjesty if you kill them in time. Granted, that means that at least your first three medals have to be REALLY powerful to climb over that +2 defense buff.

If you fight the one with 4 attacks allowed, though, his defense buff goes away after your third attack so that might help some!

Thanks!

I have the CC ears, white gloves, and raid boss head piece equipped. Ironically, the 4 hit mushroom quit spawning. A few times later, it finally spawns but can't beat it in the 4 hit limit...

I've fused another and still at 81%!!!

deanote666

Yup, you're welcome to join us if you like. Have a few people who seem to have dropped the game.

Thanks for the offer. If I change parties, I'll let you know!

Went back to my 88% and it went up to 96%! Mirrored it to 100%!

And my 81% is now an 86%... Slowly improving...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished off those darn Marluxia B quests and my payoff was...46%.

cFUq5yH.gif

Psxphile

Besides Moogle of Glory which still only has 3 open slots because shit is HARD, yo... all of my other keyblades have finally been leveled past the need for Adamantites, and at least two have already chowed down on one gem each for another boost. Feeling pretty good right now. That hump was brutal.

It's funny that in the main story they finally
give you the bracelet that lets you guilt things. I can't imagine playing the game this long before guilting was introduced.
Global has been able to guilt since day one. I mean, if you spent day one obsessively playing through 200 missions.

Now? Pretty sure Vulpes has never left the number one spot.

deanote666

I can't get past the level 140 in the marluxia challenge.

I have the three wishes +21, cogsworth, 5 star antiform sora, 5 star kh ii leon, 6 star auron, 6 star hades, 25% guilted meow wow, piglet, vivi. no API, APII

Still has 3 health bars left...

I guess I'll join the "I need a new party" support group. I like the one I'm in right now because they're cool people but the majority of them don't even bother to log in every day and when they do they barely play considering they tend to have low ranks every week. I'm just looking for a more active one considering I take this game seriously and I like to have some success doing events and raids. I'm pretty active and will probably be for a long time considering I'm in the middle of a Kingdom Hearts obsession as anyone that knows me and follows my Twitter account can tell you.

So yeah, if there are any active GAF parties with open spots, I would be more than thankful if I could join. I don't mind jumping unions either even if I have to say goodbye to Ava-sama.
I have one more spot in mine in Unicornis if you can't find a party on here. We have a good share of medals that should be able to help.

Ilvocare

you could use 6 magic mirrors to get it equal to his

don't hurt me

imagine my avatar slowly zooming in, shaking wildly, and the color gradient becomes redder and redder until you're looking straight into my eyes
but then it flicks back to normal right before it explodes because I got a sensible chuckle out of that

That's how I feel right now.

Also I guess it'd be safe for me to switch over to Unicornis once the weekend hits, then? Big rewards start there at 5000, right? As opposed to 2000 or 1500? Seems slightly more manageable than the nonsense happening in Vulpes...

creid

Also I guess it'd be safe for me to switch over to Unicornis once the weekend hits, then? Big rewards start there at 5000, right? As opposed to 2000 or 1500? Seems slightly more manageable than the nonsense happening in Vulpes...
Last week there was a power gem reward if you were in Uni top 6000, Vulpes you had to be in top 10k.

Sölf

Man, I should have spent money at the start of the week. I am not tempted to still do so because I need so many Evolve and EXP medals, but the weeks is already half over. And next week the 0 AP event is over. >_>

Well, my Mew Wow got 19%, 22%, 22% and 22% again. Since I still need the various Evolve medals for tomorrow and all my speed medals, I just put 3 mirrors in it (and one in a 24% Selphie I still had). I thought max guilt also only gives +1 Boost, but no, +5! Suprised me a bit, now I don't feel that bad to have spend the Mirrors on them. xD

Ilvocare

Last week there was a power gem reward if you were in Uni top 6000, Vulpes you had to be in top 10k.

I'm trying to get a sense of scale for the whole thing, at the moment. I grinded 2.65M Lux during last week in order to slip into the 1400s rankings in Leopardo. Would that bring me into like the 4000s in Unicornis, or something, or would the requirement to break in be WAY higher than that?

deanote666

I'm trying to get a sense of scale for the whole thing, at the moment. I grinded 2.65M Lux during last week in order to slip into the 1400s rankings in Leopardo. Would that bring me into like the 4000s in Unicornis, or something, or would the requirement to break in be WAY higher than that?

I had 6m lux last week and was only ranked 2380's in Vulpeus.

This week, I have 580k lux, and Iam in the 410's in Vulpeus.

Azuran

Banned
I can tell not getting that Jack medal during Halloween is going to come back to bite more time than I should count.

Marluxia XIII would have been doable for me if I had my own. Alas, I always fall one bar short because I lack one :/

Skittles

Now? Pretty sure Vulpes has never left the number one spot.
I should clarify that I mean in comparison to japan. everyone expected unicorn to be on top before release since it was number 1 in japan. In america, vulpes has been number one since the beginning.
Any tips on getting past the level 140 round?
Do you have a guilted jack and a friend's guilted jack?
I can tell not getting that Jack medal during Halloween is going to come back to bite more time than I should count.

Marluxia XIII would have been doable for me if I had my own. Alas, I always fall one bar short because I lack one :/
Why didn't you grab the Jack medal? :(

Ilvocare

I had 6m lux last week and was only ranked 2380's in Vulpeus.

This week, I have 580k lux, and Iam in the 410's in Vulpeus.

Yeah, I think I'm good with just hopping over to Unicornis. 6 mil seems super fucking far off, and I could really use some reliable friend medals right about now.

Sölf;224777223 said:
Hm, 62% on my Marluxia B. Meh, better than nothing.

Congrats!

Any tips on getting past the level 140 round?

I can't get past the level 140 in the marluxia challenge.

I have the three wishes +21, cogsworth, 5 star antiform sora, 5 star kh ii leon, 6 star auron, 6 star hades, 25% guilted meow wow, piglet, vivi. no API, APII

Still has 3 health bars left...

Remember that the spook lowers the counter above his head based off of number of hits taken. If the damage from a multi-hit attack isn't some outrageous multiplier (like way more outrageous than just 25% guilt), you might actually be better off buffing constantly and doing normal attacks instead.

Also:
-For the first turn, buff yourself on the surrounding enemies while you still have the opportunity, DON'T target the spook right away.
-The lower the number of hits from a special attack, the better in this case.
-When it's the enemy turn, the spook itself does negligible damage. Don't feel like you have to kill it in as few turns as possible!
-Knowing all of the above, it's pretty safe to say that the Jack Skellington medal (guilted!) is the best possible way to have any hope of clearing all 13 quests. If you don't have that... oof.

Considering you're struggling on quest 10 out of 13, and 12 and 13 are the real problem-makers here... it's safe to say you're not gonna reach guilt with Marl B. 12 will pound your nuts into a fine paste and 13 will snort that shit up.

EDIT: Beat Three Wishes Adamantite parts 4 and 5 yesterday, super fucking proud about that! CoM Riku on APP duty along with J&S use and a WHOLE bunch of skill proccing made it possible! 5 was starting to be a bit dicey, too... and it's actually super funny, because I'm pretty sure that there are WAY more enemies in the TW later Adam quests as opposed to other keyblades... gauge management is crucial.

Welp, time to grind up Floras and Louie to prep for excessive Flowbermeow grinding!

EDIT2: No one gonna talk about the level 250 Black Copter Fleet you have to kill in under 50 seconds here for the current quests? Or about the update happening to fix the face-face of the character's faces?

Psxphile

That avatar face-fix was a long time in coming, always thought it looked off with the darker shades.

And yeah, that black gummi ship is some bullshit. Had to take the long way around and miss out on the final objective to complete the quest. At least I was able to 3 mickey the next and final quest of the day in one try.

Ilvocare

That avatar face-fix was a long time in coming, always thought it looked off with the darker shades.

And yeah, that black gummi ship is some bullshit. Had to take the long way around and miss out on the final objective to complete the quest. At least I was able to 3 mickey the next and final quest of the day in one try.

your face is no face when your skin is brown, shit's nuts

Also I killed that fleet but FUCK I need some perfect-ass RNG to kill him in like 48 seconds over 2 turns with Olympia and Meowjesty, along with Piglet, Alice, and J&S on support. And then there's still the soldier who wastes another 10 seconds!

I expect to be wholly unable to do like 3 of the 5 objectives come Saturday. It's gonna be some 80000 damage threshhold or some nonsense on the final one, just you wait...

Top Bottom