• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Damn. Need to make some room, 160 just isn't cutting it anymore. I could sell the farmables w/ max guilt, but there's bound to be some bullshit about needing them later. Proud mode, I think. Should I just plunk down for some increased storage? Really don't want to waste jewels on this but it's getting annoying.

Falk

that puzzling face
200's not enough for me. Decided to hoard all my non-farmables and rather than levelling each one up to 6 and combining them I'm keeping them separated at 3* and 4* till I have enough.

There's... quite a bit of space wastage there.

Famassu

How did you peeps not succeed in the HSC? I tried it once, got 9,3 million points, never touched it again and was 3810th... I mean, I did feel like I was lucky at just the right times, but I didn't think I had the optimal medal setup or anything...

Edit: score multiplier was 35%, I think. Two medals of my own that gave 7% and one friend medal that gave 21%.

Ilvocare

For what it's worth I managed to snag about 4 million in this HSC, although I was using Divine Rose instead of a keyblade that made sense.

Beat the Black Copter and Blue Copter Fleets, left the Green one alone.

Was using a Piglet with DB2, Larxene with APP, Jack and Sally with AB2, 100% Guilted Jack with AB2, and normal Seph with AB2. Friend medal was somebody who was sharing an Illustrated Seph, and thus that's how I eeked out 10% score bonus.

My Power keyblades are so toothless in comparison, now. I pushed Olympia to +25 and I STILL can't beat Olympia Part 3... not even CLOSE.

The single juggernaut keyblade meta is so goddamn real.

creid

I didn't have a chance to try the HSC again for the last few days, and found this morning I ranked at ~4920. Crazy.

Falk

that puzzling face
It highly hinges on what element the gateway(s) are, too.

Give a blue gateway and I'll rip it apart.

Credo

Is it possible to get the third Meowjesty quest without any tricholomas appearing? Even one showing up keeps me from having enough special attack gauges to finish every enemy in one turn and accomplish that objective.

Edit: Disregard this. It doesn't count the tricholomas.

Sölf

How did you peeps not succeed in the HSC? I tried it once, got 9,3 million points, never touched it again and was 3810th... I mean, I did feel like I was lucky at just the right times, but I didn't think I had the optimal medal setup or anything...

Edit: score multiplier was 35%, I think. Two medals of my own that gave 7% and one friend medal that gave 21%.

Yeah, well, I couldn't get past the 210 Aeroplanes. And with 28%/35% you get ~2 million and that's it.

Skittles

Put a ATB 2 & APP on the green meow wow and a ATB 3 on the red meow wow. About to guilt copies of both of them just incase I ever need to transfer those skills to another medal. Won't bring back the chip, dales, or cids but the skill is more valuable anyway

Sölf

I have to farm shit ton of stuff next week. Need like a bazillion Mickeys to evolve everything and exp medals and other evolve medals. God. Someone save me.

Famassu

Sölf;224114607 said:
Yeah, well, I couldn't get past the 210 Aeroplanes. And with 28%/35% you get ~2 million and that's it.
I don't remember aeroplanes giving me trouble. Though, like I said, I was incredibly lucky with some DBII & APP activations. I could've died a lot earlier or been left with zero special gauge which would then have killed me because I couldn't have killed some enemies when I was already on low health. But survive I did. I guess I, for once, had better than average luck.

I pretty much got by with my Jack Skellington and Xigbar, as far as damage dealing goes.

EDIT: actually, yeah, now that I think about it, the Aeroplanes had annoying Def buffs, didn't they? Still, my Jack blew right past their defenses.

Sölf

I don't remember aeroplanes giving me trouble. Though, like I said, I was incredibly lucky with some DBII & APP activations. I could've died a lot earlier or been left with zero special gauge which would then have killed me because I couldn't have killed some enemies when I was already on low health. But survive I did. I guess I, for once, had better than average luck.

I pretty much got by with my Jack Skellington and Xigbar, as far as damage dealing goes.

EDIT: actually, yeah, now that I think about it, the Aeroplanes had annoying Def buffs, didn't they? Still, my Jack blew right past their defenses.

They had +2 Def overall. And I had no Defense Boost medal so... I just died after 2 hits. And one Jack alone wasn't enough to kill them through the defense.

creid

I bought a bunch of jewels late last night because I only needed a few more pulls to hit 10 for iKairi. On my 9th pull I got iKairi and iAqua (!!!!!!!), whom I really regretted not pulling during her original banner.

Psxphile

Sölf;224150967 said:
Wait what? That's a thing?

You never wondered why avatar coins = 0 was always present alongside munny amount when selling moogles?

Only prerequisites is that a medal (whatever rank) has to have all its pips filled in order to gain coins. Rank 3 gives 1, Rank 4 drops 2, etc. Weird thing is that a Rank 6's guilt doesn't count... then again I don't think I've tried to see what a max guilted medal gives you. Hm...

CRS

d313497fea53b8f6327e679843d8695d.png

Not bad.

I finally have a strong Reverse speed medal so grateful for it.

Skittles

nvm, they surprisingly nerfed the quests. they're pretty easy now. in JP the last two quests had a lvl 280 and 300 monster to kill. Pretty nice set of quests since you get magic mirrors and jewels(plus a beastly medal)

Psxphile

I'd probably be more excited for the new Marluxia medal if I hadn't already gotten Marluxia A last week. :x

This quest is only for today, right? Good thing I took the time to clear it, shame I only got 72% guilt with no chance of extra rolls. :\

So yeah I definitely have no chance of 1-turning that Black Copter Fleet in the jewel challenge lol

I couldn't do it either. Still, it's only 20 jewels if the other quests are anything to go by.

Lnds500

I'd probably be more excited for the new Marluxia medal if I hadn't already gotten Marluxia A last week. :x

This quest is only for today, right? Good thing I took the time to clear it, shame I only got 72% guilt with no chance of extra rolls. :\

I couldn't do it either. Still, it's only 20 jewels if the other quests are anything to go by.

I got 46%.

Famassu

I love that they are basically just handing out these really powerful medals. Both this Marluxia and the Meowjesty medals are ridiculously powerful, especially for free medals. IIRC my brother said he did about 240k damage to the raid boss with meowjesty (he had tier 3 generic buff, tier 2 power specific boost, enemy had a tier 1 def debuff and the medal was in some 2.4x slot in the keyblade, with ABII), his damage totaled over 1,6 million on that try.

Edit: got 86% for Marluxia myself...

creid

Can't get that last Marluxia round done. I've been relying on J&S lately, but it hits 11 times which is too many. Switching to all low-hit medals, with a few good procs, and LadySiara's Hades, I can get it down to a little under 1 bar before he hits me for 3 million.

CRS

Can't get that last Marluxia round done. I've been relying on J&S lately, but it hits 11 times which is too many. Switching to all low-hit medals, with a few good procs, and LadySiara's Hades, I can get it down to a little under 1 bar before he hits me for 3 million.

You using Nova?

Famassu

Jack Skellington & others of his ilk are the answer. I had trouble with Marluxia XII when trying to use Treasure Trove and all-red medals (except buff). Then said fuck it, switched to Divine Rose and got by with my guilted ABII Max Jack Skellington, nearly guilted Xigbar and random friend's another ABII Max 100% Jack Skellington. No power medals and winning wasn't hard at all, lol.

creid

You using Nova?

Jack Skellington & others of his ilk are the answer. I had trouble with Marluxia XII when trying to use Treasure Trove and all-red medals (except buff). Then said fuck it, switched to Divine Rose and got by with my guilted ABII Max Jack Skellington, nearly guilted Xigbar and random friend's another ABII Max 100% Jack Skellington. No power medals and winning wasn't hard at all, lol.
My lv 26 Nova only does like 10k.
My setup is:
Illus Kairi (no skill)
Illus Aerith guilted 43% (ABI)
Jack Skellington guilted 79%, ABI
Halloween Donald guilted 81%, ABI
Demyx w 1 dot, no skill
all on Three Wishes +25

IIRC my Jack is only doing like 11k, even starting with iKairi. Maybe I'll bring my Divine Rose up to 25 and try with that.

Famassu

My lv 26 Nova only does like 10k.
My setup is:
Illus Kairi (no skill)
Illus Aerith guilted 43% (ABI)
Jack Skellington guilted 79%, ABI
Halloween Donald guilted 81%, ABI
Demyx w 1 dot, no skill
all on Three Wishes +25

IIRC my Jack is only doing like 11k, even starting with iKairi. Maybe I'll bring my Divine Rose up to 25 and try with that.
Put Jack Skellington in a better slot if you want to use Three Wishes. 4th one, not the third. And if you just possibly can, give him ABII (or even III if you got one or two from the premium avatar boards) and throw a few magic mirrors into his direction as well. They are Attack Boosts and Magic Mirrors well spent

Sölf

Managed to beat all Marluxia mission, but the last TT one I also could only beat with Divine Rose. And god bless poison effects.

I farmed nearly 30 Mickeys, should be enough to upgrade and guilt stuff until the next week. Maybe I farm a few more later today, but I am in need of EXP and Evolve medals anyways in order to upgrade my various 5* medals I got.

Skittles

Marl B at 70% guilt does more damage at its lowest damage range than a 5 piped marl A, has higher stats, and marl B is an AOE medal. Hopefully we get M&B for christmas because marl A still does some serious single target damage
Put Jack Skellington in a better slot if you want to use Three Wishes. 4th one, not the third. And if you just possibly can, give him ABII (or even III if you got one or two from the premium avatar boards) and throw a few magic mirrors into his direction as well. They are Attack Boosts and Magic Mirrors well spent
I'd give jack an ATB 2 MAX and something like red meow wow ATB III and then farm a copy of meow just incase you want to transfer it.

So if you die using your nova as a last attack(aganist the marl bosses) and revive with second chance, you get unlimited nova use(it replaces a medal's special attack with nova).

creid

Thanks guys. Finally got it after moving Jack and remembering I don't have to 1-turn it as long as I don't use too many hits. Friend medal Hades wasn't actually helping much compared to the number of hits it used, so I switched to an Illus Aerith and I was able to use my first few medals again on turn 2.

90% guilt on my Marl B \o/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thanks guys. Finally got it after moving Jack and remembering I don't have to 1-turn it as long as I don't use too many hits.
I didn't realize this and thought they'd hit me with their massive attack when it was their turn anyway. Thanks.

Rolled a 100% on my first try for Meowjesty, a 99% on my first try for Flowbermeow and a 93% on my Marluxia B. I think I should go buy a lottery ticket.

I'm totally getting more Meowjesty medals, he's stupidly strong. I'm picturing a Treasure Trove with three of him...

Rolled a 100% on my first try for Meowjesty, a 99% on my first try for Flowbermeow and a 93% on my Marluxia B. I think I should go buy a lottery ticket.

I'm totally getting more Meowjesty medals, he's stupidly strong. I'm picturing a Treasure Trove with three of him...

Damn you, sir.

deanote666

I've re-rolled my 2 meowjesty medals a total of 6 times and only at 80%, 88%...

3 away from a 3ed guilted one.

Also, where do I get the Attack Prize Plus ability?

Any tips to go from ok power in this game to legendary? I see videos of people with 99+ chip and dale medals, doing 30k per hit on multi hit specials, etc. I am having a hard time doing the adamantine missions and can't even get the moogle keyblade...On story mission 480, btw.

Edit: down for maintenance... I'm FREE!!!

Skittles

I've re-rolled my 2 meowjesty medals a total of 6 times and only at 80%, 88%...

3 away from a 3ed guilted one.

Also, where do I get the Attack Prize Plus ability?

Any tips to go from ok power in this game to legendary? I see videos of people with 99+ chip and dale medals, doing 30k per hit on multi hit specials, etc. I am having a hard time doing the adamantine missions and can't even get the moogle keyblade...On story mission 480, btw.

Edit: down for maintenance... I'm FREE!!!
APP was a reward for the last HSC and coliseum. They'll probably be some handed out soon enough. My first question is are you an active party?

deanote666

APP was a reward for the last HSC and coliseum. They'll probably be some handed out soon enough. My first question is are you an active party?

My party has active members. We were in the top 950 last week.

I'm stuck at Tier 10, round 7 in the current tournament.

I've topped out at 1,000,000 in the HSC last week.

Famassu

If you want a guaranteed Attack Prize Plus, I'd advise you to save up & keep around at least 2000-3000 jewels at all times so that you can afford at least one of the premium avatar boards that have come with APP a couple of times so far.

In the meantime you should ask one of your team mates to share a medal with APP if any of them have one and one isn't being shared yet.

Famassu

Olympia #5 done. With Divine Rose again. Setup was...

Piglet w DBII
5 pipped Xigbar w ABII (1000/1000 str)
RAX w APP (1000/1000 str)
100 % guilted Jack Skellington w ABII Max (1000/1000)
95% guilted Marluxia B w ABIII (950/1000)
Friend medal a copy of my own Jack, ABII Max and all (1000/1000)

+lvl 50 Nova

APP needed to activate at least twice during the quest and every Attack Boost was required in the target battle, which was a problem with Marluxia B that refused to activate his ABIII for way too many tries. Managed to beat it on, like, attempt #17. -_- Oh well, now I'm only missing every Moogle of Glory adamantine past the first one and maybe one or two other Adamantine quests.

Psxphile

Yeah, I finally beat Olympia pt. 5 too. And yeah, I had to use Divise Rose to do it, lol.

Is there a limit of 10 Cids that can be fused to a medal?

Yeah, 10 is the max you can lower cost on a 6 star. Which is just enough to squeeze 5 medals on one keyblade if you raised keyblade cost to its maximum.

Top Bottom