• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ilvocare

No cost sounds good on paper, but you'd be relying on it "sometimes" working, rather than the 100% activations from Ability 1/2 we don't quite have yet

assuming the sena meta doesn't nerf those skills to not be 100%.

Not saying it'll happen, just that it MIGHT.

Famassu

Managed to 1-turn MoG material #1 and Adamantine #3. Will probably be awhile before I can 1-turn the rest with my lack of luck with medal pulls. Managed to scrounge up 3000 jewels for a pull aaaaaaaaaaaaand surprisingly I didn't get anything useful that would help with those.

Marluxia A (already had one)
Tifa (already gotten several)
Genie (already gotten several)
Megara (already had one)
Vanitas (new)
Master Xehanort (new)
KH Sora B (nearly guilted)
Master Form Sora (already gotten several)
KH Aeris (already gotten several)
Beast (already gotten several)

A couple of good medals if I can ever guilt them but nothing new & amazing or useful as is. Mostly in desperate need of tier 2 str buffers of the power and speed kind (I know I'm never getting an Illustrated Kairi so I'll settle for the next best things). A Namine would finally be nice as well

CRS

obcmNCA9D

CRS

There is TONS of new stuff btw that wasn't announced.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yMjUyNTQxNzAzMjY3Mjg3MDYvMjUwMTc1OTg5NjYzOTI0MjI0L0lNR18wMDc3LlBORyJ9.Y5vJeDmlre6FlKFlTOvB4TR3MKI

On top of that, munny costs on evolving/leveling medals is halved and 2x the experience when leveling up.

Not sure for how long, but I assume the maintenance had something to do with this?

CRS

Good rule of thumb, never get the Weekly Deal without the Chip and Dale quest and VIP Evolve Your Medals quests.

Sölf

After ~10-15 guilts, my Flowbmeow got to 98%. So, I am done with that one. Now for the power one, that already has 80%. I hope that doesn't take as long.

Sölf

Well, 95% for Meowjesty. That's good enough for me, so mirrors it is. Next up I may actually start with the story. I haven't done that since the 500 missions have been released. xD

Modoru

Has that been a thing before? Or in Japan? Because this is a pretty massive improvement over guilt always being between whatever percentages belong to different tiers.

Japan only, to my memory.
There have also been special cases where farmables had higher tier guilt for a small timeframe on proud quests? Don't quote me on this though.

This week actually made me cough up $5. Definitely worth it if the 0AP campaign is ongoing. Managed to guilt Hades.

Sölf

God, this weekly raid board will take ages again. My boss is at level 6 and maybe 1-2 more levels and I won't be able to kill him anymore without him killing me once.

Credo

Are there any openings in Vulpes parties? If so, please let me know so I can drop my part and get an invite to yours!

I've been in a party with some friends, but I don't think they're playing anymore. Their quest progress has been the same for weeks, and I'm the only one who tries raid bosses anymore.

Sölf

Are there any openings in Vulpes parties? If so, please let me know so I can drop my part and get an invite to yours!

I've been in a party with some friends, but I don't think they're playing anymore. Their quest progress has been the same for weeks, and I'm the only one who tries raid bosses anymore.

I think Key Warriors has room, but wait for Famassu to confirm. xD

deanote666

The % range decrease has done more for me in a few hours than in a week of grinding!

I've had more 97%-99% in a couple of hours than grinding most of last week on the cat medals! I even guilted a 4th meojesty and is up to 98% on the 3ed try! My lowest is 96%!

Edit: I take that back. On the green cat, I started at 81%. After 4 re-rolls, it's at 82%...

Psxphile

Honestly, 5 bucks is what it should have been in the first place. Even I can't say no to that.

Now I wish I had held off on guilting Marluxia B until this week. Might have gotten a better percentage on my one roll.

Ilvocare

Now I wish I had held off on guilting Marluxia B until this week. Might have gotten a better percentage on my one roll.

I would agree but he was INTEGRAL in beating several time-limited quests for me last week, even in his gimped state.

On that note, I would like to give a minor PSA: If you're fighting a raid boss, and it's a level 10, and Chip and Dales are dangling for the taking...

don't forget to blow up all the parts before killing it. PLEASE.

That robs you of a 6* Dale and it's SUPER avoiable! Not only that, but use chat in the future to coordinate who can get what! God, fuck, those last two last night died WAY too quick for the people who were interested...

Famassu

Sölf;225209802 said:
I think Key Warriors has room, but wait for Famassu to confirm. xD
Yeah, we have room, send me your ID number.

Psxphile

Damn, I didn't realize how many medals I had w/ un-leveled skills... took me an hour to level them all up in the VIP Skill quest.

On that note, I would like to give a minor PSA: If you're fighting a raid boss, and it's a level 10, and Chip and Dales are dangling for the taking...

That robs you of a 6* Dale and it's SUPER avoiable! Not only that, but use chat in the future to coordinate who can get what! God, fuck, those last two last night died WAY too quick for the people who were interested...

Terrible. How do you even deplete the Raid boss's main health before killing all three chests?

Skittles

I would agree but he was INTEGRAL in beating several time-limited quests for me last week, even in his gimped state.

that irked me more than a little bit. who was responsible for that?

Credo

I put together 3 Meowjesties and just finished putting together 2 Flowbermeows. Would it be worth it to make another Flowbermeow or is 2 already overkill?

deanote666

I put together 3 Meowjesties and just finished putting together 2 Flowbermeows. Would it be worth it to make another Flowbermeow or is 2 already overkill?

I've got 4 of the meowjesties and 4 of the green cat ones. No regrets.

I have one of the blue ones at 25% and isn't very good. I have ungulted ones that do more damage. Plus, it costs 4 gauges to use...

Psxphile

Regular Meow-Wow was a throw away medal back when it first debuted, it's even more so now. However, it's a vital component to create a new exclusive medal (along with 3D Sora and 3D Riku) so it has its uses, but only if we get the same 2.8 event Japan did. Maybe in January.

You might as well max guilt it for the Nova level increase, though.

Ilvocare

Terrible. How do you even deplete the Raid boss's main health before killing all three chests?

Someone explicitly waited out the part regen when the boss had about 300000 or so health and then double-downed on the main body. It had been fine like a minute beforehand.

that irked me more than a little bit. who was responsible for that?

No idea, and most people on KingdomGAF don't chat which makes coordination difficult. Hence my need to post here.

Grieves

Someone explicitly waited out the part regen when the boss had about 300000 or so health and then double-downed on the main body. It had been fine like a minute beforehand.

No idea, and most people on KingdomGAF don't chat which makes coordination difficult. Hence my need to post here.
You should be able to narrow it down by seeing who took part on the results screen.

I must admit I only dip in to raid bosses as I usually have my son over at weekends.

Ilvocare

You should be able to narrow it down by seeing who took part on the results screen.

I must admit I only dip in to raid bosses as I usually have my son over at weekends.

There were only four other people besides me. At that point it's just guesswork. Didn't recognize any of them from here, either.

Azuran

Banned
There were only four other people besides me. At that point it's just guesswork. Didn't recognize any of them from here, either.

lol so that's what happened to that boss. I put it off for a bit because I was playing Pokemon so I was wondering where it went when I came back 30 mins later lol

Ilvocare

lol so that's what happened to that boss. I put it off for a bit because I was playing Pokemon so I was wondering where it went when I came back 30 mins later lol

There were two up. Mine dropped both a Chip and Dale but no one fucking listened to what I said in chat so it was gone in like 10 minutes. The other one, though... that was a mess.

In other news, I tried out the HSC today! I think I did fine for a poverty set-up on Olympia +25. (The Jack and Sally being the exception to poverty, but I still don't quite understand how that worked out for me. Was it multipliers and luck of the Seph draw???)

Could've gotten a couple hundred thousand more but this set-up just BARELY clears the whole challenge. I admit I had to use Nova (level 47) at the 4 level 250 Search Ghosts in order to pull through (which actually robs you of potential bonus points from that encounter, I've learned), and if Meowjesty hadn't procced AB2 at both them AND the two level 200 Yellow Copter Fleets, I wouldn't have finished. So I think I did pretty damn fine, all things considered.

There were two up. Mine dropped both a Chip and Dale but no one fucking listened to what I said in chat so it was gone in like 10 minutes. The other one, though... that was a mess.
That was mine.
To be honest, I was just on autopilot and not thinking, and went all-out on the boss when I first spawned it. After that I realized I was being dumb, and didn't touch the boss again at all, so I don't know who it was that killed it.

Falk

that puzzling face
KingdomGAF is kind of half-idle. In game chat is a giant chore so some of us hang out on Discord, but it's also kinda dead most of the time.

Unless the game ever evolves to the point that you require constantly doing synchronous/group activities akin to GBF, it's probably going to remain that way out of brief spurts of activity.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really don't know why people attack a level 10 raid boss more than once in these weekend raids. Want lux from the double lux time? Then spawn another boss and leave the level 10 one alone until the time is almost up so other people have a chance to get the Chip/Dale medals also.

KingdomGAF is kind of half-idle. In game chat is a giant chore so some of us hang out on Discord, but it's also kinda dead most of the time.

Unless the game ever evolves to the point that you require constantly doing synchronous/group activities akin to GBF, it's probably going to remain that way out of brief spurts of activity.

Could you toss me an invite for the Discord?

Famassu

Unless the game ever evolves to the point that you require constantly doing synchronous/group activities akin to GBF
Multiplayer is coming, so hopefully that will encourage people to be more active in communicating (and playing overall)

Sölf

Hm, with my Eraqus and a friend Illustrated BC Mickey, I got to nearly 7 million in the HSC. None of my medals I use has a Defense Boost, with that I may be able to survive either the 250 Search Ghost or the 200 Yellow Copter fleets. The latter may also just die if I would have enough Chip & Dales to bring my Eraqus to 1000/1000. It's a shame I don't have the Moogle'o'Glory yet, else I would use that one for Power/Magic medals, so I could buff up my Jack for massive neutral damage.

Ilvocare

That was mine.

To be honest, I was just on autopilot and not thinking, and went all-out on the boss when I first spawned it. After that I realized I was being dumb, and didn't touch the boss again at all, so I don't know who it was that killed it.

My condolences. From now on I guess I'm gonna pure auto-attack a level 10 boss ONCE, so that it keeps as much health as possible. At least until the kill order comes through.

EDIT: I know swiping with an element that'd be weak against the boss would minimize damage even more--or better yet, just thwack an empty keyblade around--but come on, there has to be a limit on this.

don't mind if I just

get in there

I really don't know why people attack a level 10 raid boss more than once in these weekend raids. Want lux from the double lux time? Then spawn another boss and leave the level 10 one alone until the time is almost up so other people have a chance to get the Chip/Dale medals also.

guessing because of how obnoxious the support request notice is

Outside of that, maybe some people genuinely didn't know about the rewards, although in our party I like to think that's not as likely.

deanote666

Regular Meow-Wow was a throw away medal back when it first debuted, it's even more so now. However, it's a vital component to create a new exclusive medal (along with 3D Sora and 3D Riku) so it has its uses, but only if we get the same 2.8 event Japan did. Maybe in January.

You might as well max guilt it for the Nova level increase, though.

Do you have a guide for the different medal combinations? I don't have a 3d sora/riku for that one...

I'm pretty sure my party is about dead so I am the only one attacking it. Won't get any rewards unless someone defeats it. I think I did my level 10 and 11 solo on the last weekend raid.

Edit: Just did level 23 and 24 of the raid boss solo...

Modoru

Do you have a guide for the different medal combinations? I don't have a 3d sora/riku for that one...

I'm pretty sure my party is about dead so I am the only one attacking it. Won't get any rewards unless someone defeats it. I think I did my level 10 and 11 solo on the last weekend raid.

Edit: Just did level 23 and 24 of the raid boss solo...

Pretty sure you can google the odd combinations. But, to my understanding, 3D Riku/Sora were re-released for that event alongside meow-wow to make the RikuSoraMeowwow medal. I don't have them either but I presume we'll be able to get them again if they make the same event this time around. They've also altered certain medal evos, like they did with HT Sora, as an example.

Top Bottom