• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

Well, seems like you got a lot of essential medals that are new to you that might not have use in every quest but are important for some particular challenges (Belle, Namine), great medals like BC Mickey & Xigbar with a special attack with no attribute that will be good for Coliseum and other multi-attribute challenges (at least if you ever get them guilted), some good buffers/debuffers and some really strong medals like Xemnas. Isa beeing BOOOSTEEEEEED makes him far more useful than he would be otherwise. Kind of a weak medal otherwise (though 0 gauge cost), but the boost might actually make him pretty useful thanks to the +1000 to its base STR.

I am f2p and did the 5 splurge on medals. Let me know what's good
*pics*

In other news I have enough to guilt and re-roll a final form sora due to my previous medal pulls for the score assist.

Everything there besides Pinocchio and KH Kairi is useful (Uniform Selphie and Ansem the Wise may have some niche use, so keep both of them on hand). Some really good pulls here.

I have enough jewels to get HD Sora... Do I?

Also, what are included with the avatar boards? Anything of interest?

Here's my reasoning for it:

Do you have Jack & Sally? Yes: Don't bother (unless you really want more Epics); No: Go for it.

Azuran

Banned
One more pull and GAH I'm so close. Hopefully one more pull next week is all it takes:

5QMw3Gm.png

xBBbMHd.jpg

Another pipped Demyx to guilt him would be cool too. Would greatly make up for not having Jack >.>

Ilvocare

Here's my reasoning for it:

Do you have Jack & Sally? Yes: Don't bother (unless you really want more Epics); No: Go for it.

Well I manage to nab them, but I've got 14k jewels on hand, and I'm struggling between pulling 5 times, buying some Avatar Boards, a combination of the two...

Not to mention the encouragement to nab the weekly deals is even STRONGER, now...

I'd probably put $10 in as a one-time tip to the game for 7 months of entertainment if I had the dollars, and that frightens me... Once you pay for an MT the first time, it's a slippery fucking slope.

Psxphile

Wow, I actually had to use a strength debuffer just to clear the final Moana mission. Blue swarm fuckers were knocking me for a loop and Defense Boost II was just too unreliable. No Mirror for me, though... and forget grinding for coins in that mission: max is 200 and but the much easier mission right before it gives 110 a pop.

Sölf

Wow, I actually had to use a strength debuffer just to clear the final Moana mission. Blue swarm fuckers were knocking me for a loop and Defense Boost II was just too unreliable. No Mirror for me, though... and forget grinding for coins in that mission: max is 200 and but the much easier mission right before it gives 110 a pop.

I had to either rely on DEF Boosts to survive them (on 4 mobs, no thank you) or... use Alice to remove their buffs. Then I healed up with Pooh & Piglet and I was good. And then that thing only gives 200 coins vs. 110 from the mission before, which is SO MUCH EASIER. I will just farm the third one. Need to do that around ~20 more times, but it's still much faster than other similar events.

^I can get by just fine with my guilted Marluxia A lol. I think Marluxia B may also be able to 1-turn all of them as well.

Well I manage to nab them, but I've got 14k jewels on hand, and I'm struggling between pulling 5 times, buying some Avatar Boards, a combination of the two...

I personally went for the Little Mermaid and Aladdin boards for their skills, along with 1 pull on the 10-medal deal.

Skittles

kind of pissed we're not getting maui's hairstyle. It's the closet thing to my real life hairstyle.

edit: it's done, finally mapped out the VIP evolve quest so I know what to go for. Tested each enemy roughly 5-10 times.
Black gummi copter: 2x mickey
bag of jewels: 3x merlin
yellow gummi copter: 3x chesire cat
wibble wobble: 1x any 3* or above evo mat
armored archer: 3x fairy good mother
creeper plant: 1x fairy goodmother
invisible: 2x mickey
blue chest by wibble wobble: 1x fairy goodmother
Blue chest by final egg: 1x fairy goodmother
Final egg: 1x Any 3* or above evo mat

c-murph

I caved and bought the Belle avatar board for the No Cost Skill to put on iKairi. Apparently, it has a 49% activation rate which isn't that bad. Nearly 50% free uses out of it is pretty good since I have it on all my keyblades.

Question I have though is with the Skill Perk +# on the avatar parts for your character. How do they affect the activation of the skills. Like, do they raise the percentage by a certain amount? My character has Skill Perk +12 right now. What does that mean exactly?

alittlelove

Neo Member
J&S is definitely the superior medal, but whether or not you throw jewels at HD Sora depends on which keyblade you plan on using. If you're going to use Starlight, then HD Sora is one of like... two choices for slot 2 (the other is PC Roxas, which won't happen for a while).

Gotta say, having come back to the game after a long break I find it impossible to even begin to place reasonably in these High Score Challenges, which were the main reason I quit in the first place.

There's absolutely zero chance I can get Maleficent from this. Possibly not even Pete.

Sölf

I will be really suprised if I even finish a single one of those weekly raid boards. My boss is already level 15 or so and I still need over 1200 points to fill up the rest of the board. >_>

Psxphile

Sölf;225515375 said:
I will be really suprised if I even finish a single one of those weekly raid boards. My boss is already level 15 or so and I still need over 1200 points to fill up the rest of the board. >_>

You're meant to participate in other party member's raids to make up the coin shortfall, by the time I cleared all three boards my boss was in the 50s but I also jumped in on other people's boss raids to accumulate coins. Had I concentrated only on my own boss raids it would be level 70 or so before I was done. :x

It helps to have others joining in and killing those high-level bosses faster.

Sölf

You're meant to participate in other party member's raids to make up the coin shortfall, by the time I cleared all three boards my boss was in the 50s but I also jumped in on other people's boss raids to accumulate coins. Had I concentrated only on my own boss raids it would be level 70 or so before I was done. :x

Yeah, I know that, I have done that, but not much. I get the feeling when the others are doing it I am most of the time occupied... xD

CRS

I'm almost certain you can't fill all three boards by just soloing yours to Level 99

c-murph

Ah man, the VIP events are a godsend. Managed to clear up some space in the inventory and got all my Speed and Magic medals in order and leveled. Boosted my Nova from 39 to 65 in the process. Still have many Power medals to sort through and level up...

Sölf

Finished the Moana Board and finally catched up on the main story. I should probably kill a few more raid bosses while the board is there so I at least finish a single one. Meeeeh. D:

c-murph

Sölf;225529043 said:
Finished the Moana Board and finally catched up on the main story. I should probably kill a few more raid bosses while the board is there so I at least finish a single one. Meeeeh. D:

I went back and beat the bosses in the story quests I couldn't beat before. Now I just have the last level to beat...
Took me like 7-8 turns to win... Not sure if I'll be beating the conditions on that one any time soon.

Sölf

I went back and beat the bosses in the story quests I couldn't beat before. Now I just have the last level to beat...
Took me like 7-8 turns to win... Not sure if I'll be beating the conditions on that one any time soon.

If I had a second Meowjesty I could kill that one in 2 turns. But I only have 1. So i can't do that. xD

deanote666

Sölf;225515375 said:

I'm the only one fighting it in my party so I have mine up to level 58. Almost got magic mirror #5. Almost got both character boards filled.

Respectively:
Mission 12 (Target drops 2*)
Mission 160 (Target drops 1*/2*)
Mission 34 (Target drops 2*)

Source

Thanks!

Ilvocare

Good thing I didn't try, lol. I knew it would be a slog.

I pushed all the way to level 74 before I had finished. I was farming 3 out of the 4 bonus times for bosses, and frequently jumped in to help others take down spider parts to increase coin payout.

My weekly lux is somewhere around 56 million and I've never been more done.

EDIT: Having finished all the grindable boards at the moment, I should mention:

-The raid bonus board has no 6* Chips and Dales on offer.
-There is no title for fully clearing the Moana board, just a Huey Dewey Louie medal.

Sölf

Well, I did finish one. And I really don't want to do anymore. My spider is "only" around ~20-25, but eh. Even that takes long enough.

deanote666

Just hit nova level 108. Got all of the farm able medals to 25% along with the 3 cat medals at 25%, 100%, 100%.

Raid boss up to level 59.

Someone else finally decided to fight the raid boss so I got 3 easy wins in.

Got that nasty spider to level 76, and I am burnt out. I'm the only one in my party that plays still and I really wanted a crown lol Hoping I did enough to get the silver crown.
There is no way to check where my party is currently ranked, is there?

Got that nasty spider to level 76, and I am burnt out. I'm the only one in my party that plays still and I really wanted a crown lol Hoping I did enough to get the silver crown.
There is no way to check where my party is currently ranked, is there?

Home screen -> tap anywhere -> "Party" -> "Ranking"

deanote666

My party is in the 600's with only me contributing. At least we will get a bronze crown...

I only had 26.5 million lux in me this week...

How the heck do the top ones get a billion lux in a week?

Sölf

Since this week is another week were the 3k jewels only cost 5€ I decided to pull twice.

I am really happy with this.

- Finally have a Black Coat Mickey. While not guilted like Jack, he will at least profit from the Strength boost.
- I finally have a Namine. <3
- I can guilt my Lexaeus. <3
- Riku Replica and Anti Sora both sound insane.

Edit:
Wait, I can't guilt Lexaeus. 2 more pips needed. Whoops.

creid

Did 2 pulls in the BF deal that let me guilt my TR Sora to 95%. Pretty exciting as it was already one of my best medals with only 1 pip.

Razmos

Decided to do a pull on the black friday banner because that is an insane deal.

Got a boosted Isa and a 3 pipped antiform Sora and Belle.

Unfortunately I haven't logged in in a week and got kicked out of my party lol

Famassu

Finally got Namine. *cries manly girl-tears of joy* Not that I can really think up of a use for her, but there probably will be at some point in the future, I hope. :p

Also got

Pinocchio
Master Xehanort (3-pipped)
KHII Kairi (3-pipped)
Isa
Ansem the Wise
Cinderella
Ice Titan (can guilt again, yay, hoping for better than the 58% guilt I have now -_-; )
Master Eraqus
TR Donald

EDIT: 90% guilt for Ice Titan~

deanote666

There's someone in my party that is sharing a HD Sora but I can't get it to come up in the share list. I've refreshed it probably 50 times and still won't show up again.

Any tips?

Psxphile

There's someone in my party that is sharing a HD Sora but I can't get it to come up in the share list. I've refreshed it probably 50 times and still won't show up again.

Any tips?

Are you sure it's someone in your party? You can check what medals current party members are sharing on the Home screen. If there's nothing there, then it was a random pull from a member outside your party. If you level-upped recently that may explain why it won't show anymore, as what gets pulled is reflected by what level you are (I think).

That or the member in question just changed their share medal.

Top Bottom