• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ilvocare

Yes, because the Black Gummi horde has +3 Power defense. A Dispel medal is mandatory.

Based on your available medals, I would do this:

Piglet
Alice
J&S
Meowjesty
Flowbermeow (or a good ST Speed medal)

Note: If you get no Pester Jester spawns, then every fight you have has just one enemy. This makes the above setup so much more viable.

Alright then... now I just have to pray. I kept running through MoG 5 and every single time there were at LEAST 2 Pester Jesters. If that fourth one spawns with the fucking level 210 enemies then that makes the quest literally impossible. First one isn't actually TOO bad compared to the others... but if Paralysis strikes then yeah, that causes problems.

...This is super fucking tedious, jesus christ this quest is designed like shit.

Also, do Rare Enemy perks increase or decrease Pester Jester spawning? I was under the impression they decreased them, but... they've popped up a LOT.

Psxphile

Ugh, I'm already hitting my medal inventory limit again even after excising all of my max guilted farmables. I really don't want to waste jewels on upgrading space but it looks like I'll have no choice.

Ilvocare

JQTHiLe.png

YES

FINALLY

FINALLY

this along with getting the first two objectives for quests 3 and 4 make me very happy

also fuck these quests sweet lord

Ilvocare

Indeed, I've been trying to get the third objective done for them and I can't get 15 enemies. I don't know how many times 14 have come instead lol, it's infuriating.

Pump up your rare enemy spawn chances, then. Pretty sure all four Jesters in each quest have to spawn in order to nab the 15-enemy count. And that means... oof.

I don't mind not trying for those right this moment, honestly.

Pump up your rare enemy spawn chances, then. Pretty sure all four Jesters in each quest have to spawn in order to nab the 15-enemy count. And that means... oof.

Up to 5 Pester Jesters spawn in these quests. You'll need at least 4 to spawn to pass the 15-enemy threshold, except for one configuration in Kupo Dew Drops at just barely allows for 3.

c-murph

So, the idea is get all the Mickey Heads so you can spend money and use Skip tickets for Ingredients, right?

I guess that is faster than running the stage 100 times. But by the time I get that kill 15 enemies achievement, I feel like a have quite a stack of ingredients already. lol

Is the fully loaded Moogle O Glory keyblade worth it or is it just a shiny show off trophy?

So, the idea is get all the Mickey Heads so you can spend money and use Skip tickets for Ingredients, right?

I guess that is faster than running the stage 100 times. But by the time I get that kill 15 enemies achievement, I feel like a have quite a stack of ingredients already. lol

Is the fully loaded Moogle O Glory keyblade worth it or is it just a shiny show off trophy?

Trust me, you'll want Skip Tickets for these because Pester Jesters are awful.

You're going to need like 140 or so of each Kupo ingredient if you want to upgrade MoG to +25.

Ilvocare

Considering how I've gone, I don't think I'm ever gonna spend money on this game. My big chance was during the Black Friday weeks and I just didn't have the cash to spare. I still have 15 of the 20 free Skip Tickets given out way back when. And even then, I'm probably going to grind the materials normally, at this rate. As insane as that sounds...

I beat a level 5 Darkside Omega then the next one to spawn was a level 10. What?

2x Lux seems to also institute level skipping for bosses. It's how I, despite managing to accrue +25 Raid Boss Omega spawn perks, managed to boost my normal Trident Tail hunting level to 66 in an hour. Can I get confirmation that the level caps at 99?

You're going to need like 140 or so of each Kupo ingredient if you want to upgrade MoG to +25.

I can't fucking imagine going through MoG quests when they were fresh... at least now it FEELS like you can take out the first couple of ones with a little extra elbow grease. Those ones near the end, and ESPECIALLY the ones that bring along level 255 copter fleets... ugh.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
2x Lux seems to also institute level skipping for bosses. It's how I, despite managing to accrue +25 Raid Boss Omega spawn perks, managed to boost my normal Trident Tail hunting level to 66 in an hour. Can I get confirmation that the level caps at 99?
It did it again after that time was up to a Behemoth Omega.

Ilvocare

It did it again after that time was up to a Behemoth Omega.

After further looking into, this seems to happen only when you BEAT a boss during bonus time, not when you spawn it. I.e. if you spawn a level 1 boss during bonus time and then beat it, the NEXT time that boss spawns, it'll be a level 6, regardless of when you spawn that variant next. It explains how we don't start at level 6 from the get-go and also explains how I fought a level 11 omega Trident Tail 2 hours after the fact.

c-murph

It is if you have the Reverse Magic and Power medals for it. For example (not mine):

Awesome thanks guys. Probably going to repeat a level or two every day to grind for mats. Too bad 0 AP is over now.

I'm curretly sitting at 1900ish in the Colosseum. I know there's still 26 days left but I've never been this high before. lol

Edit: Every Weekend it seems. Not day.

Sölf

After buying the Jasmine and the Ariel Board I now also bought the Alice board, mainly because I really like the outfit. Then of course, the speed gem and the ATK II + ATB was also a nice addition.

Since my Marluxia B is at 65% I am not sure if I should just dump all Mirrors I get into him or not. I would need 35 which is quite a lot. I have a round 10 at the moment and would probably hold onto at least a few of them so I could guilt some medals like Moana and Maui who both got 99% (or anything similar for that matter).

deanote666

Does poison damage done to the enemy happen on your turn or your opponent's turn?

Does poison+ have the chance of poisoning all enemies?

Thinking of using it on a 98% meowjesty.

I would like to use it on a reversed power medal that hits multiple targets though. I have these reversed power medals but some only hit 1 target:
Saix with 2 dots
Xaldin no dots
Lexaeus 1 dot
Xemnas 1 dot
Rock Titan no dots
Riku Replica 3 dots

I'm leaning towards Saix but he uses 4 gauges. If I get my no cost uniform kairi skill leveled up, that may not be as much of a problem.

I'm using a level 26 Treasure Trove keyblade in the coliseum.

Currently using:
Maui attack boost I
Uniform Kairi no cost (2/20)
Meowjesty 100% attack boost ii + lux plus
Meowjesty 100% attack boost ii + prize plus
Meowjesty 98%

Psxphile

Anyone knows of a definitive way to level up skills outside of that one VIP quest?
Raid Bosses seem to trigger skill level-ups frequently. I assume having more parts to kill helps in that regard, in which case summoning Guard Armors would be ideal. But don't quote me on that.

Does poison damage done to the enemy happen on your turn or your opponent's turn?

- your turn
- there's a chance of striking multiple enemies, but it's not all or nothing

Famassu

Sooooo... Guilted Moana. 100% on the first try, lulz.

Should I put APP or ABII + APP on her? She's kind of expensive so I think APP is pretty much a must, and since she's AOE, APP would be good on her. Having an ABII on her could be somewhat useful since her base STR is pretty high, she could maybe push me over the edge in some quests where some enemies would otherwise be left with 1/2-1 health bar after my first turn.

Thinking of using it on a 98% meowjesty.

I would like to use it on a reversed power medal that hits multiple targets though. I have these reversed power medals but some only hit 1 target:
Saix with 2 dots
Xaldin no dots
Lexaeus 1 dot
Xemnas 1 dot
Rock Titan no dots
Riku Replica 3 dots

I'm leaning towards Saix but he uses 4 gauges. If I get my no cost uniform kairi skill leveled up, that may not be as much of a problem.

I'm using a level 26 Treasure Trove keyblade in the coliseum.

Currently using:
Maui attack boost I
Uniform Kairi no cost (2/20)
Meowjesty 100% attack boost ii + lux plus
Meowjesty 100% attack boost ii + prize plus
Meowjesty 98%
No. Status ailment+ skills should definitely not go to medals like Meowjesty. They are for AOE medals. Throw some Attack Boost III its way if you can ever get a hold of one. Getting that +40-60% of extra attack power to it with ABII or ABIII will be infinitely more useful than shitty, unreliable status ailments.

Psxphile

Ha! Same. Moana went 100% on the first guilt. And Maui? 99%. Crazy luck. But I went ahead and cleared both boards anyway (you get a triple duckling EXP medal for each one) so now I have an extra of each I have no use for.

c-murph

Been leveling my keyblades all week. Got Star 25, Red 26, Green 25, Blue 25, Colosseum 24, Rose 22, Moogle 12...

Really want to get that Moogle one to 25

Should I put APP or ABII + APP on her? She's kind of expensive so I think APP is pretty much a must, and since she's AOE, APP would be good on her. Having an ABII on her could be somewhat useful since her base STR is pretty high, she could maybe push me over the edge in some quests where some enemies would otherwise be left with 1/2-1 health bar after my first turn.

No. Status ailment+ skills should definitely not go to medals like Meowjesty. They are for AOE medals. Throw some Attack Boost III its way if you can ever get a hold of one. Getting that +40-60% of extra attack power to it with ABII or ABIII will be infinitely more useful than shitty, unreliable status ailments.

I'd personally put a Status+ skill on the Moana/Maui medals, actually.

I put Sleep+ on both of them since Sleep+ is great when being shared, and their boosts carry onto the next turn.

Psxphile

Was going to post something last night. Didn't.
Probably could've posted something earlier today. Didn't.
I can maybe post something about it now. Won't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're right though, story updates is kind of a big deal considering how few and far between they are now.

Ilvocare

Was going to post something last night. Didn't.
Probably could've posted something earlier today. Didn't.
I can maybe post something about it now. Won't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're right though, story updates is kind of a big deal considering how few and far between they are now.

I'll be honest, I don't have much to talk about them with, myself, because I want to finish the most recent batch first, and that's not happening for a good bit with story quests costing 25 AP and up now...

I honestly thought 475-500 was fucking pointless, up until I hit 490 and was like "oh my god there's a cool thing now thank fuck"

Also the avatar boards from the Black Friday deal expire today, so buy what you want now. The HD Riku deal, on the other hand, doesn't expire until tomorrow, and they SHOULD be revealing the next deal tomorrow, too. Fingers crossed for something good.

Psxphile

As promised, another 0AP campaign is upon us. Time to grind those story quests/raid bosses. Also:

CzMedx1UAAEG2E6.png

Same as previous all-epic pulls only now featuring Illustrated Mansex and the BBS trio's non-illustrated medals. In other news, looks like Android 7.1 support will be ready in a few days.

Honestly they might as well just do away with the AP system at this point. I can't imagine they make much money from people buying jewels to refill their AP meter.
(Yes, I know they'll never actually do that.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Making AP a (slight) consideration during some points puts more value on the times AP isn't a consideration.

Even if you can funnel like 20% more activity around times people are more willing to spend (and this a pull-out-of-ass handwavey figure; pretty sure it's higher) i.e. Christmas season you're doing your business model a big favor.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it possible to give my account away? I was just reminded that I don't play this anymore (got sick of feeling like I needed to spend money to keep up with the creep) and would love to pass on what I have to someone who will make use of it.

Famassu

Is it possible to give my account away? I was just reminded that I don't play this anymore (got sick of feeling like I needed to spend money to keep up with the creep) and would love to pass on what I have to someone who will make use of it.
If you have a disposable Facebook account you can connect your KHUX "account" to which you can give away, sure. :p Otherwise, no.

creid

It's weird that they bothered to bring AP back (for, what, 4 days?) before sending it back to 0 again. Really like the look of that illustration Ansem, might have to work up the jewels for another 5 pulls :<

Are there any other "speed + 2 for one turn" medals that have been out for a while?

Sölf

Thank you, Namine, else I would have been forced to hope for Def 2 proccs. That 525 enemy... how the fuck are you supposed to kill that in 1 turn?

Psxphile

For the next 6 days, JP Unchained will be having an event where everyone can 10-medal pull once per day for free. All Tier 2 and 3 medals, all with one-to-three ability slots filled.

It's like they're mocking us.

Ilvocare

...huh. Is it more worth it to pull from the HD Riku pull or the new one? Like, the guaranteed epics they're offering here... they're not appealing. At all. But iXemnas would be fucking super to have, obviously. I don't think I get a chance at pulling him unless I pull his banner.

Or wait, can you still pull newly announced medals from older banners???

Psxphile

Or wait, can you still pull newly announced medals from older banners???

Maybe. They're in the rotation, but you have a better chance to get one using the appropriate banner pull because of the "guaranteed Epic from the new additions" stipulation that's exclusive to each pull. Better chance to pull Ven/Terra/Aqua using the new banner, but not as great from the previous. Or at least that's how I think it works. Only one way to find out.

Similarly, Mansex can be pulled even from the 1 medal pull, but chance is super-low no matter what. Only the new banner will have the "guaranteed after five pulls" deal, though.

Ilvocare

Maybe. They're in the rotation, but you have a better chance to get one using the appropriate banner pull because of the "guaranteed Epic from the new additions" stipulation that's exclusive to each pull. Better chance to pull Ven/Terra/Aqua using the new banner, but not as great from the previous. Or at least that's how I think it works. Only one way to find out.

Similarly, Mansex can be pulled even from the 1 medal pull, but chance is super-low no matter what. Only the new banner will have the "guaranteed after five pulls" deal, though.

Considering I only have 6k jewels, and new costumes are bound to drop real soon, I don't think I need to worry about banking out on a guaranteed Sanmex. 1 pull from the HD Riku banner should make me happy enough.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think position in Japanese schedule has as much bearing as many other gacha games. Hard dates due to product releases (both Disney and Square Enix) take priority, and the global version has adjusted stats on occasion, barring hilarious muck-ups like J&S.

Top Bottom