• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

That's what I did. 1500 for a 10 pull is pretty good anyway
Yup, not a bad deal at all, got a 3 dot Belle and Axel. But I did pick up another World of Chaos (I probably got more of these outside the banner than if I pulled in it lol) and can guilt my Ice Titan.
Sooo... +1000STR or Extra Attack for Vexen B?

I opted for extra attack mainly to get more of the buff since I'm not gonna be using for damage.

Psxphile

Good deal for a single pull. Sadly, I'm 100 jewels short at the mo, so unless I grind multiplayer like crazy pulling on that banner will have to wait until tomorrow.

Skittles

Good deal for a single pull. Sadly, I'm 100 jewels short at the mo, so unless I grind multiplayer like crazy pulling on that banner will have to wait until tomorrow.
What about the daily?

Yeah, banner is good for a single pull. Mercy pulling ikairi isn't goood since you can just mercy ikairi2 twice and guilt her, which gives you a better medal.

deanote666

I pulled the ikairi ii banner again and got a regular ikairi the first pull...

2nd pull only had a marluxia A so I can FINALLY guilt that one.

3 more pulls till a 4th ikairi ii...

Psxphile

What about the daily?

Yeah, banner is good for a single pull. Mercy pulling ikairi isn't goood since you can just mercy ikairi2 twice and guilt her, which gives you a better medal.

Already claimed. Like I said, gonna have to wait for tomorrow (technically midnight) to pull, or just grind the Cross boards until I have enough. Thankfully the new maps don't seem to have anything on par with Lv. 150 Darkside and Lv. 200 Omega Behemoth.... yet.

Anyone else find it strange that there's no bonus time for multiplayer as this old version of the previous banner insists?

YwIaHbJ.jpg

were we supposed to get 2x Lux or coins or something?

Famassu

Yup, not a bad deal at all, got a 3 dot Belle and Axel. But I did pick up another World of Chaos (I probably got more of these outside the banner than if I pulled in it lol) and can guilt my Ice Titan.

I opted for extra attack mainly to get more of the buff since I'm not gonna be using for damage.

extra attack, you're using him for the buff
Oh... yeah.. duh. Brainfart. xD Have to check these medals with more thought. Didn't even take the fact that it's a buffer into consideration. Was just thinking which would make it hit a bit harder.

I'm one pull away from the 5th pull for iKairi2 and will have enough jewels for her tomorrow. So gonna wait on the new deal but for 1500 jewels going to pull from it once, and probably only once because I don't need iKairi.

I don't even know why they need to apologize. It's right there in the notice in bold with a larger text size.

I understand SENA is #1 in fuckery, but I can't blame them this time if people don't know how to read. Twitter and Reddit has taught me that the KHUX community has some really dumb people in it.

The shop would even says it's 3000 jewels afterwards. So if people bought it after, it's kinda their own fault if they bought more.

1500 iKairi pull

http://imgur.com/jbTbcZf

What do you think?

I have another 3dotted Hades and a non pipped one. Should i commbine the 2 3dotted ones?

IMO combine the 3 dotted ones.
And if the skill sucks, reroll trait with the nonpipped. (Or maybe save for guilting campaign but who knows when that is coming)

Maybe wait for other opinions besides mine as well, I am no expert. lol

Famassu

Pretty good pull. The candle and Young Axel aren't anything too special and I don't think Halloween Donald or Ven are the absolute best medals either, but there's nothing that would be absolute trash in there. Most of those medals could prove useful in at least some situation or another in the future. Master Eraqus can be a fucking NUKE when guilted (an expensive one, but one that might make you be able to push through some high HP enemies with the appropriate skills & traits).

And yes, meld the 3-pipped ones first to get the first guilt, then re-roll guilt with the remaining non-pipped one if the guilt needs improvement or you want a better trait.

Credo

Even after the 10 pulls, the iKairi 2, the guilted medals, I still can't come close to completing the Vexen XIII quest. How are you supposed to wipe all of them out without a full roster of AOE guilted magic medals with top skills? After using everything I had, the enemies still had at least 3 full bars each.

Psxphile

Fuck me. Got the jewels to pull the cheap-o banner and the pre-dots go to waste: another BCMickey for my one-dot-from-guilt BCMickey, and a Monstro that I'll probably never use.

Oh, and BCMick rolled a 50%.

XQy2pLq.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Even after the 10 pulls, the iKairi 2, the guilted medals, I still can't come close to completing the Vexen XIII quest. How are you supposed to wipe all of them out without a full roster of AOE guilted magic medals with top skills? After using everything I had, the enemies still had at least 3 full bars each.

Yeah, I've finished all of the missions but that last one. I am not sure it's possible with my current setup.

E: As I'm typing this, someone on the discord gave me some good ideas. Belle + Owl should give me a good debuff to work with. Let's see if I can't do some work.

Famassu

For Vexen XIII, I used:
illustrated B&B w/ some 120-130% guilt + SPGauge II
illustrated KHIIKairi w/Second Chance and some 102% guilt
Ice Titan w/ABII & 100% guilt
Classic Donald w/AB3Max & 100% guilt, the boosted kind with +1000 to base STR
Master Xehanort w/ AB2Max & 100% guilt
some random person's Malificent B w/AB4 and 100% guilt
+ Nova lvl 285

First boosted myself with B&B and used Kairi, then used Ice Titan's special attack, followed by Nova blast, which took care of the two weaker enemies. Then I used Donald on the remaining non-main enemy to get a few health bars off it. Then used Master Xehanort on the main target, which usually killed it or at least left it with only a sliver of health left. Then used Malificent B and prayed to whatever gods of luck that its ABIV would activate. Both the Ice Titan's AB2 & Malificent B's AB4 needed to activate (them both activating on the same attempt took over 10 tries -_-) and I just barely made it. Like, if the remaining enemy had even 4000 more HP I probably couldn't do it or would have had to have every medal hit their absolute maximum damage

Credo

For Vexen XIII, I used:
+ Nova lvl 285

First boosted myself with B&B and used Kairi, then used Ice Titan's special attack, followed by Nova blast, which took care of the two weaker enemies. Then I used Donald on the remaining non-main enemy to get a few health bars off it. Then used Master Xehanort on the main target, which usually killed it or at least left it with only a sliver of health left. Then used Malificent B and prayed to whatever gods of luck that its ABIV would activate. Both the Ice Titan's AB2 & Malificent B's AB4 needed to activate (them both activating on the same attempt took over 10 tries -_-) and I just barely made it. Like, if the remaining enemy had even 4000 more HP I probably couldn't do it or would have had to have every medal hit their absolute maximum damage

Thanks for the setup advice. There's no way I can clear it with my medals though. Most of my guilted magics are single target like Donald. I have Maleficent guilted, but she's at something like 75%, and the only other AoE I have is Moana -__-;

Famassu

Thanks for the setup advice. There's no way I can clear it with my medals though. Most of my guilted magics are single target like Donald. I have Maleficent guilted, but she's at something like 75%, and the only other AoE I have is Moana -__-;
I thought I'd be out of luck too since outside of Ice Titan I don't have all that strong AOE magic medals either (Jack Skellington as well but he's weakened by the non-attribute attack), but luckily for me Master Xehanort guilted hits freaking HARD even at enemies of such high level so that took care of the main target. Then the problem was the stronger non-main enemy. Donald is my strongest ST magic medal after MX but even he wasn't enough with just the AB2Max I had on him before so I spent one of my three AB3Maxes on it that I had been saving for a situation that needed it. That managed to get Donald to do just enough more damage that Malificent could finish the enemy off.

For Vexen XIII, I used:
+ Nova lvl 285

Huh, I'm surprised how much you have guilted and it was still somewhat a challenge for you.

My set up was
Three Wishes +26
illustrated B&B + SP Gauge 1 [Extra attack]
Chip and Dale
HD Ursula
World of Chaos
Maleficent B & 84% guilt [Extra attack]
And a friendly guilted Tama... but I didn't use it except for a tap on the last enemy. lol

My biggest challenge was Huge Snowman, but then I realized I could use Vexen B and he saved the day.

Joqu

Hm, I didn't expect the snowman on Vexen quest 8 to give me trouble already. I figured I'd just be able to outlast the damn thing but once it buffs its attack it just one shots me. Maybe I should invest more in defense.

I haven't really played around with my setup yet though, I feel like I should be able to figure something out.

deanote666

The XIII quests this month were easy for me compared to the other month's. Took less than an hour. I only had to restart number 8 once. The below setup got me through the whole event.

Treasure trove +30
iB&B 150%
sebastian
WoFF Squall 100% w/ ABIII max
meowjesty 100% w/ ABIII max
ikairi II w/ second chance.

Famassu

Huh, I'm surprised how much you have guilted and it was still somewhat a challenge for you.

My set up was
Three Wishes +26
illustrated B&B + SP Gauge 1 [Extra attack]
Chip and Dale
HD Ursula
World of Chaos
Maleficent B & 84% guilt [Extra attack]
And a friendly guilted Tama... but I didn't use it except for a tap on the last enemy. lol

My biggest challenge was Huge Snowman, but then I realized I could use Vexen B and he saved the day.
I imagine those Extra Attacks on B&B and Malificent made it a bit easier on you. And are HD Ursula & World of Chaos AOE? If so, that's makes a difference too.

And really, nothing else of yours is guilted except Malificent B? I guess the 6 tier buffage + all of those being AOE medals (?) makes it easier than having to "waste" attack medals on single target attacks.

I guess I could've tried using non-guilted AOE medals as well, but since it seemed like such a hard quest even with my guilted medals, I didn't think those would do any damage to a lvl 350 enemy (and they probably wouldn't have since I'd only have had 3rd tier generic STR buff + tier 1 magic buff). Now that I think about it, I probably should've put Ice Titan in the final slot. That would've given an AOE medal a bit more extra uumph which might've been what I needed for that quest, instead of wanting to have Master Xehanort be the ultimate nuke.

I mean, the only AOE magic medal in my setup was Ice Titan and there's the fact that friend medals are relatively weak unless they are, like, illustrated ones with 150% guilt and ABIII. That Malificent, even when its AB4 activated, only did about 6000-6400 damage per hit. At 4 hits that's about 24000 damage, so only a little over one health bar. So I have B&B that does absolutely nothing against the enemies, Kairi that does about 16000 damage to everyone, Ice Titan that demolished maybe 2-3 health bars and then two single target medals and then the friend medal. If I'd had that Malificent in my own collection and in a spot with the highest multiplier, it would have been far easier.

Kitoro

What are the odds that iBnB will retrun as a VIP reward again?

I broke F2P edge and splurged for the Mickey and Co. medal this week, but I didn't quite realize how insanely inferior it is to the iBnB. Did the iBnB VIP weeks also include a bonus 1400 jewels, too? If not, that'd explain why the Mickey medal is not nearly as impressive.

Famassu

I don't think they have repeated any VIP quests so far (other than the Chip & Dale, Exp/Evolve etc. ones), though attack medals from VIP quests is a relatively new thing in the western KHUX (there's iB&B, this current one and, what, maybe 2 or 3 other ones in the past, unless I'm totally blanking on dozens of VIP quest given attack medals).

They are currently re-releasing old avatar boards so they are obviously open to the idea of letting players who missed something before get a chance at them again (moar money for them). I just don't think it'll be anytime soon, if it'll ever be, because the first time is hardly a month old.

Kitoro

Good points all around; thank you!

Also, I'm feeling a bit hopeless in the game right now... I've blasted from stage 200 through 600 in the last 6 days, and splurged all my jewels on the iKairi2 banner. I've pulled some pretty solid Tier 4 and 5 medals, and max guilted my iKairi2 (crappy bonuses, though), and am now stuck with great mono team setups (especially Magic), but almost everything is completely unpipped.

Should I be going ham on the iKairi1 banner right now to try and get lucky to pip up my medals with the two 3 pip bonus medals per pull?

I feel like I'm just sitting on a mountain of diamonds in the rough... :p

Thanks!

Famassu

Yeah, you have an assorment of some reaaaaaaaally great medals but you'll be unlikely to guilt most of those Illustrated medals anytime soon. I'd maybe make one pull from the iKairi banner since you'll get 10 medals for 1500 jewels, but I'd actually ponder investing on the other 1500 jewel boards past that. The potential medals each respective banner offers come from a relatively small pool per banner and come with 3 pips, so you're maybe a bit likelier to get duplicates that'll help you build up your medal collection and guilting at least some medals. Guilted tier 3 medals are still enough for most quests.

EDIT: Oh wait. Those don't have any pips. Scrap that. :p

Azuran

Banned
Double Attack is the best trait for Maleficent B right? Because I managed to get that on my very last roll so I'm pretty ecstatic.

Attack Boost III Max or IV?

Double Attack is the best trait for Maleficent B right? Because I managed to get that on my very last roll so I'm pretty ecstatic.

Attack Boost III Max or IV?

Either that or Strength +1000, but since she is already boosted (or she should be), the Extra Attack is really good for her. Obviously costs a ton, but with iKairi 2 who cares?

I would use ABIII Max. If you're spending that many special gauges you better be getting the maximum damage out of it each time.

Azuran

Banned
Lowering GD is the secret to beating Mission XIII. Replacing Moana for iXion was the big difference for me. Here's what I used:

Three Wishes +25
iB&B (133%)
iKairi2
iXion (Max Gauge +2)
Xion (100%, AB2)
Hades (100%, STR +1000, AB2)
Boosted WoFF Squall (100%, AB3 Max)

No guilted premiums or ATB3 needed on my end. I knew getting so many AOE Magic Medals was going to pay off someday.

Credo

My Xion has an awful 47% guilt and I'm 1 pip away from guilting Ice Titan and 2 pips away from Hades. I've tried every setup available to me, and I'm just not going to be able to get that last Vexen. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I'm not missing out on that great of a medal.

deanote666

My Xion has an awful 47% guilt and I'm 1 pip away from guilting Ice Titan and 2 pips away from Hades. I've tried every setup available to me, and I'm just not going to be able to get that last Vexen. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I'm not missing out on that great of a medal.

My sis doesn't have many guilted medals but she was able to do quest XIII with:

sebastian
ib&b
moana
WoFF Tama 3 pip
Malificent B, 61%, non boosted, ABII
Sora final form 100%

Famassu

Do remember these quests are available for almost two weeks still. Have you done the cheap 1500 jewel iKairi 10 medal pull? With some luck maybe you'll get that remaining Ice Titan or something else useful from that before the end of the event which will give you a chance. Also, I can maybe try sharing different magic medals to maybe help you get through if you're not having luck with random friend medals either. If you can kill everyone else but one enemy with your own medals, maybe my Master Xehanort would help with the remaining enemy?

Medals that might help in addition to my Ice Titan and Master Xehanort..
Jack Skellington w/ABII Max, 100% guilt and 1000+str trait
Final Form Sora w/ABII, 100% guilt(I forgot I had this, lol)
Xigbar A w/AB3Max, 100% guilt & Extra Attack Trait

All are fully chipped.

Credo

Do remember these quests are available for almost two weeks still. Have you done the cheap 1500 jewel iKairi 10 medal pull? With some luck maybe you'll get that remaining Ice Titan or something else useful from that before the end of the event which will give you a chance. Also, I can maybe try sharing different magic medals to maybe help you get through if you're not having luck with random friend medals either. If you can kill everyone else but one enemy with your own medals, maybe my Master Xehanort would help with the remaining enemy?

I pulled on that this morning, yeah. Got Xigbar, Larxene, Demyx, Iago, Pooh, KH2 Kairi, Uniform Kairi, Terra, and 2 Alices. Wasn't able to guilt anyone.

I'm not too bothered about it. I've already overcome my completionist obsession by not being able to guilt any of the XIII medals except Larxene B, which has turned out to be one of my best medals and which backs up Poltergust's post about quest difficulty being inverse to usefulness.

Famassu

I pulled on that this morning, yeah. Got Xigbar, Larxene, Demyx, Iago, Pooh, KH2 Kairi, Uniform Kairi, Terra, and 2 Alices. Wasn't able to guilt anyone.
Well, tell me if you want me to share any of the medals I listed in my edit of my last post. Maybe my Extra Attackfull ABIIIMax Xigbar A could help? Since it attacks twice.

Credo

Well, tell me if you want me to share any of the medals I listed in my edit of my last post. Maybe my Extra Attackfull ABIIIMax Xigbar A could help? Since it attacks twice.

Yeah, I'll send you a message on here or in party chat. I'm going to keep toying around with setups and see how close I can get and then go from there.

Jack Skellington w/ABII Max, 100% guilt and 1000+str trait

I would've asked how the heck you have this, but then I remembered that I also kept around an extra Jack Skellington around because the first time I guilted him I got like 98%. Now he has +40% damage to raid bosses, which is nice enough.

I imagine those Extra Attacks on B&B and Malificent made it a bit easier on you. And are HD Ursula & World of Chaos AOE? If so, that's makes a difference too.

And really, nothing else of yours is guilted except Malificent B? I guess the 6 tier buffage + all of those being AOE medals (?) makes it easier than having to "waste" attack medals on single target attacks.

I guess I could've tried using non-guilted AOE medals as well, but since it seemed like such a hard quest even with my guilted medals, I didn't think those would do any damage to a lvl 350 enemy (and they probably wouldn't have since I'd only have had 3rd tier generic STR buff + tier 1 magic buff). Now that I think about it, I probably should've put Ice Titan in the final slot. That would've given an AOE medal a bit more extra uumph which might've been what I needed for that quest, instead of wanting to have Master Xehanort be the ultimate nuke.

I mean, the only AOE magic medal in my setup was Ice Titan and there's the fact that friend medals are relatively weak unless they are, like, illustrated ones with 150% guilt and ABIII. That Malificent, even when its AB4 activated, only did about 6000-6400 damage per hit. At 4 hits that's about 24000 damage, so only a little over one health bar. So I have B&B that does absolutely nothing against the enemies, Kairi that does about 16000 damage to everyone, Ice Titan that demolished maybe 2-3 health bars and then two single target medals and then the friend medal. If I'd had that Malificent in my own collection and in a spot with the highest multiplier, it would have been far easier.

My set up gave me 6 str and 5+ magic str for Male B.
HD Ursula was a single attack.
What's funny/crazy is most of the medals I used don't even have more damage from Chips.
iB&B at a full 1000, c&d had 0(Also did 0 damage) HD Ursula has 450, World of Chaos has 0, Male B has 900.
And HD Ursula and World of Chaos actually still did some okayish damage.
I think Male B has made my magic set up once again my strongest attribute.

What are the odds that iBnB will retrun as a VIP reward again?

I broke F2P edge and splurged for the Mickey and Co. medal this week, but I didn't quite realize how insanely inferior it is to the iBnB. Did the iBnB VIP weeks also include a bonus 1400 jewels, too? If not, that'd explain why the Mickey medal is not nearly as impressive.

It's hard to say when/if ever they will come back. No idea if VIP medals came back for JP (But that's almost a different game anyways) VIP medals are still pretty new, they were only introduced like a month or two ago. So we don't know if that was a one time thing or what.
If they do come back, I don't see it being any time soon.

I myself broke F2P with ib&b. Haven't bought anything else. But that one week was very worth it.

Top Bottom