• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Caim

Here's my pull:

3WMDRiF.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
Here's my pull:

Nice. KH1 Cloud seems amazing so I hope I can pull one.

The Disney medals seem like a joke in comparison (unless Herc gets more attacks as you level him up).

EDIT: Seems like the story quest icons after 200 were updated with a coming soon sign. Hopefully soon means in a week or two.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, it's virtually splitting the medal pool in half - disney characters, and Squeenix characters.

That, and guaranteed higher ranks (which, again, doesn't matter if you have dailies unlocked and are willing to grind for like 45 minutes)

Versus 50% more medals. So on a large sample size (and again, yes, RNG is RNG) means you approach 1/4 less chance to roll a very specific medal you want (1/2 x 150%) while getting 50% more medals.

edit: fixed statistics jargon since get != approach

Seil

I mean, it's virtually splitting the medal pool in half - disney characters, and Squeenix characters.

That, and guaranteed higher ranks (which, again, doesn't matter if you have dailies unlocked and are willing to grind for like 45 minutes)

Versus 50% more medals. So on a large sample size (and again, yes, RNG is RNG) means you get 1/4 less chance to roll a very specific medal you want (1/2 x 150%) while getting 50% more medals.

It comes down to how badly you want a specific medal(or multiples of a specific medal), and whether or not we can actually get them in dailies.

Edit: FF & KH is really tempting because it has a number of great medals, though.

Kinsei

Banned
Well, this popped up on Reddit.

That's a Master Form Sora, isn't it?

Yes it is. Looks like I'll be trying to get KH Cloud through dailies. Hopefully it doesn't take too long and I can save up my jewels for the next batch of new medals.

I feel like I'm being trolled. Yesterday I pulled a 5* Abu (along with 5* Wisdon Form Sora and 5* Mushu) and then today this:

Mr. Crappy Monkey, we meet again. Yes, you have Sleep. No, I don't want to use you.

Pence is also the only other Skill unit I have. So, I'm certainly scoring home runs there ....
I can at least max level the skill and then transfer it with 100% rate to a non-crap character, right?

Seil

Well, I went for a daily.

I kinda wish the Cloud had been 3*'s though... This is a problem with the way the Album works =( If I want the 3* in the album, I need to get 3*s dammit.

Edit: I'm happy to have a good Power medal, though.
Edit2: Already have a 4* DiZ with a dot, and honestly would've preferred a Vivi since that's the one out of this trio I'm missing, but I'm not gonna complain about that.

Seil

Ugh x.x When you spend minutes searching what you think is every inch of a mission and still fail to find all of the enemies, failing an objective, TWICE.

Seil

I'm just gonna continue sticking to dailies since none of the new medals are exclusive to the 10 pulls and they aren't limited time as far as I'm aware. Plus having a higher chance of getting 4/5* is almost a negative since I need the 3*s for the Album -.-

Psxphile

Just spent the better part of the last three hours raising all my 1-2 star medals to at least 3, thanks to the influx of evolve medals, and fusing most of the dupes together. Just as well, as I never bothered to do a 10-pull early on so my offense was pretty limited and mostly reliant on Friend metals to get me through the rough spots. Now I gotta level the whole lot of them. Naturally, the game deems fit to continue dropping 1 star medal dupes as a form of slow torture. My inventory went from 60 to 85 in an effort to keep pace.

Not like I can do all that much else but grind, seeing as I'm starting to hit walls during story progression.

Seil

Managed to pull the KH Cloud, Yuffie, Diz and wisdom form Sora.

I'm liking my KH Cloud, especially since I already had a decent DiZ. My Power game has largely improved. If only I was doing better with Magic x.x Magic as a whole is really inefficient right now, lots of high cost medals, no good high efficiency single targets...

Falk

that puzzling face
Decided I'm going to wait for the next content drop before even thinking of getting a $15 pack.

Considering the way I grinded the shit out of the first few days, what's going to happen if I unlock dailies on Monday is I'll pull maybe a few new medals, max them out then have nothing to do anyway. I can wait.

Seil

Decided I'm going to wait for the next content drop before even thinking of getting a $15 pack.

Considering the way I grinded the shit out of the first few days, what's going to happen if I unlock dailies on Monday is I'll pull maybe a few new medals, max them out then have nothing to do anyway. I can wait.

I may buy it again next week. Grab a couple dailies and save some discounted gems for the future. At least that's what I'll attempt to do lol.

Dunno if we'll continue to have the discount, or how frequent the discounts will come if they do so. Would rather drop $15 on 3k now than 1.7k later when I want them.

I'll also probably continue to grind the hell out of the dailies lol.

Visceir

At this point I'd rather keep the jewels from the ~1 week of logins than reroll now.

Just kidding.

The new units seem hardly any better than the current best ones. Going by the japanese wikis there will be much-much better units in future though. They've given the current best units a ranking of A while some future ones have an SS ranking.

Althane

I'm so tempted to do a daily+3k draw, with my 3,700 jewels.

I'm just not sure it'd be worth it with the new medals. Apparently Minnie is the best of the batch, but I really want Cloud.

Skulldead

These new medal look pretty good, the Minnie one could help me to advance in Colosseum, but 3000 is too much jewel... to these new medal are only for this week, or usually they came back later in other pack ?

MicH

My daily pull got me another Sora (KH II Ver B), a Simba with Poison skill (perfect!!) and one of the Squall. Nice. Two brand new medals and a dupe Simba with the perfect skill. Not bad.

Now throwing all jewels at outfits :p

Kinsei

Banned
These new medal look pretty good, the Minnie one could help me to advance in Colosseum, but 3000 is too much jewel... to these new medal are only for this week, or usually they came back later in other pack ?

The medals aren't exclusive to the packs. You can get them from the daily pull (600 for 3).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No Minnie in my 10 pull. Did get a few OK things (5* Bambi, 4* Beast and Mufasa immediately come to mind). My daily pull got me a 4* Black Coat Riku, so all is OK.

Holy butts, Hercules can hit for 22k with his ability when maxed out. For comparison, KH1 Cloud hits for 20k in perfect conditions and Riku w/ black coat hits for ~19k!

Seil

Holy butts, Hercules can hit for 22k with his ability when maxed out. For comparison, KH1 Cloud hits for 20k in perfect conditions and Riku w/ black coat hits for ~19k!

That's not a big damage boost considering the extra gauge cost. Power and Speed are both good at dishing out high damage while efficiently using their gauge, an extra point for a minor boost in damage, on a single target attack?

Edit: Unrelated, but wow these Morning Stars are gonna be a seriously difficult DPS hurdle... which kinda goes with this post... Magic and efficiency, especially against single targets, don't go all that great. Especially with what I have at my disposal -.- The fifth slot will help some, but magic eats away at the gauge way too fast, and is mostly AoE which isn't helping in this situation.

eefara

Ugh, can't decide whether I'll keep pulling dailies or go for the 10 pull. I'm afraid that if I do the dailies, I'll keep getting characters I don't want. -.-; But you get more bang for your buck...

Visceir

Ugh, can't decide whether I'll keep pulling dailies or go for the 10 pull. I'm afraid that if I do the dailies, I'll keep getting characters I don't want. -.-; But you get more bang for your buck...

What makes you think you'll get characters you want from the 10 pull?

Omnicent

Nice. KH1 Cloud seems amazing so I hope I can pull one.

The Disney medals seem like a joke in comparison (unless Herc gets more attacks as you level him up).

EDIT: Seems like the story quest icons after 200 were updated with a coming soon sign. Hopefully soon means in a week or two.

http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Hercules
He hits 11 times at 6* and its a single target for magic cards. I'm going all in on Herc today since I need a good single target medal (dude probably hits like an 18 wheeler 11 times).

Also read up on minnie http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Minnie.
Do you plan to do the colosseum or use hp draining medals (don't think we have of those yet)? Then you may want to look into trying to pull her too.

Donald Ver.B... no comment (it looks meh, but I don't know what it's like at 6*, so I can't really say).

KH Cloud looks solid especially if you need another heavy hitter like Riku Black Coat.
Master Form Sora is just a better version of stitch (similar to Wakka and KH Riku being the rare version), so it has some limitations.

And then there is KHII Riku, which unless you have a Limit Form Sora (and even if you do) you will likely want to try and get.

Seil

What makes you think you'll get characters you want from the 10 pull?

To be fair, you do have a better chance because the pool is divided. You won't be getting the disney characters if you pull FF & KH or vice versa. Sure, you still may not get exactly what you're after, but you certainly have a better chance than when you're pulling from everything.

That said, I'd just say stick with the dailies since none of these are exclusive or time limited(to our knowledge). Unless it's someone who's really serious about coliseum or something and wants a Minnie super badly lol.

http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Hercules
He hits 11 times at 6* and its a single target for magic cards. I'm going all in on Herc today.

But Hercules is Power.

Edit: Also high gauge cost for a single target Power medal, when KH Cloud and Black Coat Riku exist.

Edit2: And on that note, both KH Cloud and Black Coat Riku are in the opposite pack to Hercules, so if my core goal was a heavy hitting single target Power medal, and I was grabbing a 10 pack, I'd go there instead lol.

Omnicent

To be fair, you do have a better chance because the pool is divided. You won't be getting the disney characters if you pull FF & KH or vice versa. Sure, you still may not get exactly what you're after, but you certainly have a better chance than when you're pulling from everything.

That said, I'd just say stick with the dailies since none of these are exclusive or time limited(to our knowledge). Unless it's someone who's really serious about coliseum or something and wants a Minnie super badly lol.

But Hercules is Power.

Edit: Also high gauge cost for a single target Power medal, when KH Cloud and Black Coat Riku exist.

ahh yeah, I was looking at the border, thinkinng it was blue.
It's likely still worth getting for power to.

It likely does more damage the black coat Riku, as Riku is moderate damage and herc is heavy damage. Also Herc has a higher multiplier at max (3.8 for herc and 3.24 for Riku BC).

I don't see why people get hung up on bar. If herc does around 34%+ damage compared to BC Riku then it is a bit better. The comparable card for BC Riku cost is KH Cloud.(cost wise).
Also considering that in the future you will probably want heals, geting herc/minnie is not bad at all (lol Donald... get the fuck outta here).
If you only care about power medals and have no power heavy hitters then it's probably better to go KH pack.

Kinsei

Banned

It likely does more damage the black coat Riku, as Riku is moderate damage and herc is heavy damage.

Only 3k more. Not worth the extra gauge IMO.

Seil

It likely does more damage the black coat Riku, as Riku is moderate damage and herc is heavy damage. Also Herc has a higher multiplier at max (3.8 for herc and 3.24 for Riku BC)

As above, it's not efficient. It's not dealing enough more to make up for the extra cost, which is important in any fight that's going longer than 1 turn. And frankly, Power does amazingly already with things that can be achieved in a single turn.

If it was Magic, though, I'd be all over that shit, despite its cost. Magic is in a bad spot right now lol.

I don't see why people get hung up on bar. If herc does around 34%+ damage compared to BC Riku then it is a bit better. The comparable card for BC Riku cost is KH Cloud.

It doesn't do that though, someone posted above that it does like 22k compared to Cloud's 20k and Riku's 19k. That's nowhere near enough to make up for the extra cost.

Edit: And furthermore, Black Coat Riku and KH Cloud have similar damage, with Cloud edging Riku out when its conditions are met. They both cost 2 gauge. Hercules deals very slightly more and costs 3 gauge. This is why we compare them lol. If you're talking about damage, you're going into min/max territory, and efficiency is important there as well =p

Falk

that puzzling face
The big problem with Hercules is the current major use for red deck is grinding Guard Armor. His gauge usage makes it a little hard to sustain as opposed to, say, Black Coat Riku + Wakka every round.

Of course, this is like, launch content, and his burst -is- rather absurd when there's stuff that eventually requires it.

Omnicent

As above, it's not efficient. It's not dealing enough more to make up for the extra cost, which is important in any fight that's going longer than 1 turn. And frankly, Power does amazingly already with things that can be achieved in a single turn.

If it was Magic, though, I'd be all over that shit, despite its cost. Magic is in a bad spot right now lol.

It doesn't do that though, someone posted above that it does like 22k compared to Cloud's 20k and Riku's 19k. That's nowhere near enough to make up for the extra cost.

Edit: And furthermore, Black Coat Riku and KH Cloud have similar damage, with Cloud edging Riku out when its conditions are met. They both cost 2 gauge. Hercules deals very slightly more and costs 3 gauge. This is why we compare them lol. If you're talking about damage, you're going into min/max territory, and efficiency is important there as well =p

I did not see Lady Siara's post before I posted (I'm not going to read every post all the time). In this case you are correct, but I did say if it dealt 34% more then it would roughly equalize the cost difference.
I was not saying that it is better than them, but a hypothetical situation that I would test out if needed.

Since it does not deal around 50% (its early morning, have to fix some iis issues, so my mind is a bit occupied elsewhere. Don't know why I was thing 33ish%.) more damage, then it is not worth looking into, unless you run into situations where you need as much single target burst as possible in 1 turn.

So yeah the only good disney card is minnie.

lionpants

I know there's a crap load of games with a similar game mechanics as this. But, can you guys recommend any similar mobile games that I should check out if I like this one?

Famassu

Oh dear god it's 30 missions in Agrabah. I just assumed it's only 24 but there's still more after getting all the stolen medals. -_-;

Top Bottom