• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Seil

I was under the impression that Guilt was added anytime two 6*s are fused. So, that's wrong and it won't be added on unless the dots are full before / as a result of the fusion? It is then literally a 6th dot (that just happens to also be RNG based to add an extra sense of frustration / reason for them to make us keep fusing 6*s)?

Yeah, even in the OP it says

You only get Guilt on six star medals that have been fused into itself six times or otherwise received ability up, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

For what it's worth, I think Guilt wasn't added in the Japanese version until mission 350 or somewhere around there, so at least we have it right now, even if it's a pain. Also, there's a medal that we don't have right now that basically adds a dot no matter what. But I think those will be really rare even when they are added, and may be more important for buffing limited time medals and stuff.

Boogiepop

Finally got my first Guilt, a Stitch who ended up with 19% which seems... not great. Just out of curiousity, how big of an effect does Guilt have? Like, I don't want to bother with it right now, but how worth it is it to build up more 6 stars to feed to that Guilt percentage?

Kinsei

Banned
YrNYEhu.png

Did they stealthily add new medals in the patch? 257 onward were not there the other day.

Seil

Finally got my first Guilt, a Stitch who ended up with 19% which seems... not great. Just out of curiousity, how big of an effect does Guilt have? Like, I don't want to bother with it right now, but how worth it is it to build up more 6 stars to feed to that Guilt percentage?

Stitch is a Low Guilt medal, meaning it rolls 10-25%, so 19 isn't a horrible roll for a Stitch. I believe all of the medals you can get as drops fall into this range.

YrNYEhu.png

Did they stealthily add new medals in the patch? 257 onward were not there the other day.

Some are speculating they're gonna be released tomorrow.

Something I'm confused about: guilt is the little purple icon to the right of the ability dots, correct? And you have to have all 5 dots filled before you can get it?
If all that's correct then how do people keep popping up in my friend select for quests that have 1 or even 0 dots but have the purple guilt icon?

Example:

Something I'm confused about: guilt is the little purple icon to the right of the ability dots, correct? And you have to have all 5 dots filled before you can get it?
If all that's correct then how do people keep popping up in my friend select for quests that have 1 or even 0 dots but have the purple guilt icon?
This is exactly why I was so confused in my posts before.

botty

Banned
Reaching the point in the game where gameplay is halted due to a need to grind as opposed to skill/force play. I guess it has run its course as far as consistent interest goes. Do we have a final mission for this game or is it always going?

Seil

Example:

That's an inactive Guilt icon, it's equivalent to a black dot.

Edit: Here's a Japanese image real quick:

Primus

Those folks have medals with Guilt, but that Guilt has not been unlocked yet. When it is unlocked, it changes to a percentage to show the Guilt power.

Reaching the point in the game where gameplay is halted due to a need to grind as opposed to skill/force play. I guess it has run its course as far as consistent interest goes. Do we have a final mission for this game or is it always going?

The story isn't over yet, but Japan has 500 quests, while we launched with 200.

Those folks have medals with Guilt, but that Guilt has not been unlocked yet. When it is unlocked, it changes to a percentage to show the Guilt power.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Ok. I've never seen one with actual Guilt then. That makes sense now.

Oohhhh okay, that makes sense. I assume those will pop up on my own 6* medals after I clear story quest 200/get the Power Bracelet or whatever it's called? (And that seeing one means the user has done so.)
I feel stupid for favoring those medals over others now, haha.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh LeSquall Version B isn't out yet is he?

Also reminder to any on Vulpes we have plenty of party space! Hit me up with a pm with your id.

Seil

I'm trying to decide which of these to use my last Orichalcum on.
Starlight or Treasure Trove.

For comparison, this is my A-Team.

Well, with the current limit on orichalcum, I would've recommended not spending any on Starlight. Instead focusing on Treasure Trove, Lady Luck and Three Wishes would've been a better route in the long run, since you can currently only max out three Keyblades.

If you're taking Starlight, though, you should definitely consider maxing Treasure Trove because Starlight only gets the 1 boosted Power slot. Though I'm assuming you know all this since you've already got one 5 slot Keyblade

Yeah I definitely agree that maxing the three type-specific blades first is the best way to go. I already have Treasure Trove maxed, just deliberating on which to do next when I get the Orichalcum I need. Prolly whichever I have better medals for, I guess.

JTripper

Sorry, I just saw this post. A premium draw features medals that are only available in that specific draw. I'm not sure if we're getting any time soon, but those are the ones you definitely want to pull.

Hmm I might save my jewels then and just accumulate as many as I could through daily login bonuses. I really don't feel the need for more medals right now since I think my current keyblade loadouts are pretty decent for when new story quests are added.

I decided on Starlight for my Green blade, because it had 2 green boosts already and could also be used as a rainbow blade if need be. I was going to do Starlight + Treasure Trove, but all of my best units turned out to be Blue, so I maxed Three Wishes right away instead. I've been jumping between using TW and TT for most quest now (I still have some 25 left to finish the current story selection).

Seil

I decided on Starlight for my Green blade, because it had 2 green boosts already and could also be used as a rainbow blade if need be. I was going to do Starlight + Treasure Trove, but all of my best units turned out to be Blue, so I maxed Three Wishes right away instead. I've been jumping between using TW and TT for most quest now (I still have some 25 left to finish the current story selection).

It'll work, it's just gonna be slightly less effective since once you're done with the story, most of the stuff you'll be doing is mono, like raid bosses. There's not a whole lot of use for a rainbow Keyblade, because you're either going in with medals that aren't effective against the target(s) or, if you go in with say full Speed medals, you're missing out on power boosts for some of your medals.

It does seem useful for the story, especially early on, but it seems it falls behind in the "endgame". Though I think the future Keyblades we know of are dual types, not sure how they end up performing.

But this is all min/max stuff anyway, and as long as people focus on maxing three Keyblades(and ignoring Olympia) they'll be okay. Unfortunate for people who've split their orichalcum between four(or five...) keyblades, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually the Omegas are dual color.

And Vivi in the first slot of Starlight with the rest green makes for a really awesome green keyblade.

(y no Aerith :( )

Visceir

I tried leveling Olympia blade but it seemed to max out at +10, what's the deal with that?

That's an inactive Guilt icon, it's equivalent to a black dot.

Edit: Here's a Japanese image real quick:

Going through all that trouble and effort for just +21% seems slightly off-putting. I guess the bonus you get will also depend on the character though and their guilt level, as some characters have higher guilt.

Primus

Going through all that trouble and effort for just +21% seems slightly off-putting. I guess the bonus you get will also depend on the character though and their guilt level, as some characters have higher guilt.

Rare medals can get up to +100% via Guilt, which is pretty massive on a max-leveled medal. And that's not even the top yet. There's a fourth tier in the Japanese version that tops out at a whopping +140%.

[...] as long as people focus on maxing three Keyblades(and ignoring Olympia) they'll be okay. Unfortunate for people who've split their orichalcum between four(or five...) keyblades, though.
Isn't it only possible to unlock 5 slots on 2 blades, atm? The game only has 8 Orichalcum (1 for every 25 quests, global only having 200 quests, currently). A major reason that I avoided Lady Luck for my Green blade was because that costs 2 Orichalcum to unlock slot 4, while only 1 was used for Starlight, Treasure Trove and Three Wishes. That meant that I could get 5 slots on those blades for 3 Orichalcum, allowing me to have two of them maxed, the third with 4 slots and 1 Orichalcum left over.

Seil

Actually the Omegas are dual color.

And Vivi in the first slot of Starlight with the rest green makes for a really awesome green keyblade.

(y no Aerith :( )

I have Aerith =p But no Vivi. That said, you could put Vivi in the first slot of Lady Luck, get its power boost, and still have three boosted Speed slots. Vivi in slot 3 probably wouldn't be horrible either, as you won't lose a speed boost(but you do miss two Vivi boosted attacks), especially if you've got a Stitch in the end there.

Seil

Isn't it only possible to unlock 5 slots on 2 blades, atm? The game only has 8 Orichalcum (1 for every 25 quests, global only having 200 quests, currently). A major reason that I avoided Lady Luck for my Green blade was because that costs 2 Orichalcum to unlock slot 4, while only 1 was used for Starlight, Treasure Trove and Three Wishes. That meant that I could get 5 slots on those blades for 3 Orichalcum, allowing me to have two of them maxed, the third with 4 slots and 1 Orichalcum left over.

There's 9 Orichalcum. The other is from a Proud Quest(under Events), I think it's a Power mission.

Edit: Dammit, double post. I was doing so well, too.

Edit2: Also I definitely didn't spend 2 orichalcum to unlock Lady Luck's 4th slot... I can say this with certainty because I have 4 slots on all three and have only earned 3 orichalcum at this point. I've spent way too much time grinding unlocked dailies instead of progressing lol.

There's 9 Orichalcum. The other is from a Proud Quest(under Events), I think it's a Power mission.
Oh! WELL THEN.... I'll be able to max out both blades in my pic then, so all of these posts were pointless, >_>.

Edit2: Also I definitely didn't spend 2 orichalcum to unlock Lady Luck's 4th slot... I can say this with certainty because I have 4 slots on all three and have only earned 3 orichalcum at this point. I've spent way too much time grinding unlocked dailies instead of progressing lol.

I JUST realized that I was reading the 1/2 needed/owned backwards for the Lady Luck Slot 4 requirements... MEANING that all of my reasoning being avoiding it was even MORE pointless. You quoted me too quick to edit my other post and shame. v_v

*Walks away in shame*

Seil

I have a Donald medal that's glittering , what does that mean?

It means you're contributing to the duck plague!

On a serious note, if a medal is glittering, that's the one you're Sharing. So it's what people can see in the Friend list when starting a mission. Go to another medal's info and click the Share button on it to change this. Do everyone a favor, kill the ducks =p

Oh! WELL THEN.... I'll be able to max out both blades in my pic then, so all of these posts were pointless, >_>.

I JUST realized that I was reading the 1/2 needed/owned backwards for the Lady Luck Slot 4 requirements... MEANING that all of my reasoning being avoiding it was even MORE pointless. You quoted me too quick to edit my other post and shame. v_v

*Walks away in shame*

At least you're still spread between just 3 Keyblades, and none of them are Olympia lol. Seriously, that's such a horrible trap.

Zee-Row

Banned
It means you're contributing to the duck plague!

On a serious note, if a medal is glittering, that's the one you're Sharing. So it's what people can see in the Friend list when starting a mission. Go to another medal's info and click the Share button on it to change this. Do everyone a favor, kill the ducks =p
Ah cool , I don't think the game explained this at all.

Famassu

This game is ok for a F2P gatcha game as far as mechanics go, but dear god the content otherwise is just pure shit. Who thought it would be a good idea to force the player to run back & forth in Agrabah for 24 quests straight? The content is tedious enough even as it is, no need to make it even more so by forcing the players to run through the same rooms 10 times in such a short timespan. -_-

Caim

This game is ok for a F2P gatcha game as far as mechanics go, but dear god the content otherwise is just pure shit. Who thought it would be a good idea to force the player to run back & forth in Agrabah for 24 quests straight? The content is tedious enough even as it is, no need to make it even more so by forcing the players to run through the same rooms 10 times in such a short timespan. -_-

So far my only complaint with the game besides how the dailies are. Going back and forth between worlds multiple times instead of just doing it all consecutively. On the bright side I think Dwarf Woodlands story is done. I hope...

Falk

that puzzling face
So far my only complaint with the game besides how the dailies are. Going back and forth between worlds multiple times instead of just doing it all consecutively. On the bright side I think Dwarf Woodlands story is done. I hope...

How are we gonna continue to upgrade the Dwarf Woodland keyblade?!@?!@?

Kinsei

Banned

The launch trailer shows some scenes from Dwarf Woodlands that are not present in the 200 quests we currently have. We're going back there at some point in the future.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahaha what a dick move/clutch move to do this as the week for unlocked dailies is already ending :V

Falk

that puzzling face
Check my maths here - is there any reason NOT to do daily pulls anyway? Unless it's explicitly stated that the daily pull doesn't include the new medals (which would be all kinds of silly)

Kinsei

Banned
Look like it's time for me to finally spend money on this game.

Check my maths here - is there any reason NOT to do daily pulls anyway? Unless it's explicitly stated that the daily pull doesn't include the new medals (which would be all kinds of silly)

If you are after a specific Disney or KH character instead of just the new medals the new deals seem better.

Seil

So there are three new medals in each of the limited packs, and a huge number of old medals lol.

FF & KH Friends pack has KH Cloud, KH II Riku and Master Form Sora.
Disney Friends pack has Hercules, Donald Ver. B and Minnie.

Edit: It doesn't say they're exclusive to the packs, but I'll let others do the testing on that.

Not to mention, with these packs having more specialized sets, it could help your chances of getting something you want.

Edit2: It's a super weird time to launch this though. It lasts a week, so why the hell wouldn't you do it at the start of a week... I hate when games have weird schedules all over the place...

Can some of you american friends link your account to my character and buy me 3000 jewels? I'll trade you one of my extra rare Gepetto or Lightning medals!

Top Bottom