• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

I like this one better:

aQax1Bm.jpg

I like this one better:

So let me get this straight:

-Keep fusing medals until it reaches the max level it can get for its tier, then it's ready to go to the next tier. Huey/Dewey/Louie are good for this.
-To go from tier 1 to tier 2, use a Cheshire Cat medal.
-To go from tier 2 to tier 3, use two Merlin medals. Tier 3 is a good tier to combine medals of the same character to upgrade its abilities, I guess?
-To go from tier 3 to tier 4, use three Fairy Godmother medals.
-To go from tier 4 to tier 5, or from tier 5 to tier 6, use a special Yen Sid medal or the 3 Sleeping Beauty fairies.
-General rule of thumb is to only combine medals of the same character once per tier?

Psxphile

So let me get this straight:

-Keep fusing medals until it reaches the max level it can get for its tier, then it's ready to go to the next tier. Huey/Dewey/Louie are good for this.
-To go from tier 1 to tier 2, use a Cheshire Cat medal.
-To go from tier 2 to tier 3, use two Merlin medals. Tier 3 is a good tier to combine medals of the same character to upgrade its abilities, I guess?
-To go from tier 3 to tier 4, use three Fairy Godmother medals.
-To go from tier 4 to tier 5, or from tier 5 to tier 6, use a special Yen Sid medal or the 3 Sleeping Beauty fairies.
-General rule of thumb is to only combine medals of the same character once per tier?

The idea is to upgrade the medal's special attack, and you do that by filling in the dots or pips by fusing identical medal types. It's advisable to start doing this early starting at 3 star medals because the requirements get more ridiculous the higher you go and the filled in dots carry over anyway.

You still need to level up medals the normal way in order to evolve them when they hit max. This is just something extra to increase the medal's power.

The idea is to upgrade the medal's special attack, and you do that by filling in the dots or pips by fusing identical medal types. It's advisable to start doing this early starting at 3 star medals because the requirements get more ridiculous the higher you go and the filled in dots carry over anyway.

You still need to level up medals the normal way in order to evolve them when they hit max. This is just something extra to increase the medal's power.

So why not do it for 1-star or 2-star medals?

Also, can someone explain to me what the leftmost indentation of the medal upgrade screen means? It's different from the other 4 places you can insert medals into.

EDIT: Oh! Those medals can't upgrade their special attacks. I see.

Also, can someone explain to me what the leftmost indentation of the medal upgrade screen means? It's different from the other 4 places you can insert medals into.

Yeah, you only unlock special buffs at level 3. IDK who is worth farming though besides Mickey and Donald. I will need way more space to even try it.

Psxphile

It's for carrying over a skill from a different medal. The medal w/ skill has to be in the first slot for it to carry over during fusing.

i.e. skills like Attack Up 1, Attak Up All 1, Defense Up 1, Poison, Sleep, etc.

Pejo

What's the purpose of inflicting status ailments on the enemy? I have sleep but the enemy only stays asleep for a second at most.

I'm not entirely sure what sleep does in itself, but I have a medal that deals significant bonus damage to sleeping targets, so there's one use.

I'm not entirely sure what sleep does in itself, but I have a medal that deals significant bonus damage to sleeping targets, so there's one use.
Yeah, that's what I have as well, that's why I was wondering if they were just meant to attack one after the other in quick succession or if I had to do a special or something. Thanks for the input!

Kitoro

I think I'm missing something. Why would you not just combine both of the 4 stars in Step 5? Aren't you wasting a lot of Munny/Time by raising three medals to 5*?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb.

No, this system is dumb, haha. This is way more complicated than it needs to be. It flat-out alienates casuals and those new to gacha games, IMO.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
From where?

Trying to keep track of where things drop in this thread is not an easy task.

I really have no clue. I feel like any story medal can drop anywhere. I got another Stitch on Stage 3 of the green XP stage earlier, but the other 4 or 5 I've gotten came from ???

No, this system is dumb, haha. This is way more complicated than it needs to be. It flat-out alienates casuals and those new to gacha games, IMO.

It's super simple when you break it down. The chart shows the min/max way of doing the fusing to reduce muney and material costs. But you COULD break it down to, "Once a medal hits 3* or above, it's ability can be enhanced. To do this, fuse two medals with identical names and rarities (i.e. 3* Goofy A with 3* Goofy A but not 3* Goofy A with 3* Goofy B)."

That's it. It's actually more generous than a TON of gacha games because it is a 100% success on ability enhancements.

Rootbeer

Banned
the chart confuses me... this is the part I don't understand. please clarify.

3374d35afede840cc0dfafd82e1a4ea2.png

How come it is merging a 1 dot with a 0 dot and it creates a two dot? what am I not understanding?

I thought it can only increase by 1 dot each time

How come it is merging a 1 dot with a 0 dot and it creates a two dot? what am I not understanding?

From my understanding, fusing two of the same character gives you an extra dot. Otherwise you would not be making new dots at all lol.

Primus

Fusing two medals of the same tier (3* and above) adds one dot. Previous dots carry over through fusing. So fusing 2 normal 4*s together ends up with a single 4* + 1 dot. If one of those two 4*s already had a dot, then you get two: the one from fusing two same-tier medals, plus the dot already one one medal carries over.

So, 3* fused with 3* = 3* + 1 dot.
Evolve that medal to 4*, and you have a 4* with one dot, and room for a second.
Take that 4* with a dot, fuse it with another 4*, and now you have a 4* with 2 dots.
Evolve that medal to 5*, and you have a 5* with two dots and room for a third.

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay... I think I'm getting it now... it always adds a dot as long as they are the same name and level, once it is 3* or above

question...

how carefully do you need to track a medal's level? if you have a 50/50 level medal can you not merge another medal into it? or does it not matter

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Okay... I think I'm getting it now... it always adds a dot as long as they are the same name and level, once it is 3* or above

question...

how carefully do you need to track a medal's level? if you have a 50/50 level medal can you not merge another medal into it? or does it not matter

Once you have a max level medal, the system won't let you fuse medals that ONLY grant XP. But you can fuse same rarity medals to enhance abilities, medals to transfer skills, Cid medals to reduce cost (6* only), and medals that add +stats (Chip & Dale).

Seil

Why does this use 7 as the 3* base before combining, while the Stitch one shows it being done with 6?

Because the 7 medals method accounts for Guilt, while the Stitch example does not.

The 7 medals method is the better way to go, but you have to make sure you wait til you've unlocked Guilt(mission 200) before fusing the 6*s to reap the benefits.

Once the feature is unlocked, Guilt is treated like a 6th dot and must be activated as such. Though Guilt bonuses are also at the mercy of RNG and you'll likely have to acquire more 6* medals if you want to max it out.

Primus

Cant decide if it makes more sense to wait for a 3k pull or just do the dailies.

I've done 3 10-pulls, and that's given me more than enough for a real foundation. Prolly really didn't need to wait for the third 10-pull, but I was already 2/3 there after buying the 3k/unlock package on Sunday so I figured I'd just grind for one more set.

Here on out, though, it's 600 jewel dailies.

Primus

How long will it take to complete main story with delving into the "Grindy" part of this game?

Honestly, if you work at it, the 200 missions we have right now could easily be completed in a couple of days. There is an amount of mandatory grind as you must level up your Keyblades and medals so that you can put out enough damage to complete higher-level quests. I noticed a big jump in difficulty around 100.

I'm in the 150s, but I've also spent several days grinding and evolving medals, so that's taken away from quest time.

I was about to do a Daily, but I guess I'll wait to see if there's a premium draw tomorrow. I've been spending most of today trying to get Evo materials to max Stitch and Payne, but the drop rate was so low.

Falk

that puzzling face

Think of it as

Result = A + B + 1

When you combine a 0 dot into a 1 dot, you get 2 dots (usual use case)

When you combine a 0 dot into a 2 dot, you get 3 dots (usual use case)

When you combine a 1 dot into a 0 dot, you get 2 dots (done if the 0 dot has more XP, saves on XP grinding)

When you combine a 3 dot into a 2 dot, you get 6 dots, or in other words 5 dots plus activating Guilt.

Is there a reason I can't sell my Donald medal? I had replaced him kinda early with my first pull (got blue 3 star mickey) and now he's just kind of taking up inventory space.

Seil

Is there a reason I can't sell my Donald medal? I had replaced him kinda early with my first pull (got blue 3 star mickey) and now he's just kind of taking up inventory space.

You're probably still Sharing him(YOU MONSTER). Is the medal glittering when you see it in the list? If so, that's the medal you're sharing with others through the Friends list. Share a better medal by viewing its info and hitting the Share button.

Make sure he's not either locked or equipped to another keyblade.

I only have the one keyblade since I just started. I wanted to use him to level up my other guys or sell him or something. He's not locked, but he is sparkly if that makes any difference?

You're probably still Sharing him(YOU MONSTER). Is the medal glittering when you see it in the list? If so, that's the medal you're sharing with others through the Friends list. Share a better medal by viewing its info and hitting the Share button.

That was it thanks. AND I DIDN'T KNOW! I'm so sorry. I changed it to my 3 star Auron if that's any better?

tdwig

Neo Member
I only have the one keyblade since I just started. I wanted to use him to level up my other guys or sell him or something. He's not locked, but he is sparkly if that makes any difference?

That means you're currently sharing him. Share a different medal then try selling again.

Edit: as seil said lol

Once the feature is unlocked, Guilt is treated like a 6th dot and must be activated as such. Though Guilt bonuses are also at the mercy of RNG and you'll likely have to acquire more 6* medals if you want to max it out.
I was under the impression that Guilt was added anytime two 6*s are fused. So, that's wrong and it won't be added on unless the dots are full before / as a result of the fusion? It is then literally a 6th dot (that just happens to also be RNG based to add an extra sense of frustration / reason for them to make us keep fusing 6*s)?

Top Bottom