• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

ReaperXL7

Did a 3x pull because it's going to be awhile before I can put some cash into this. I was pretty shocked when I got a 5* Minnie 4*Cloud, and 4* Vivi (already have a 5* but I'll take it for skill up) so im pretty happy with my pull.

I really wish there was a way to farm passives as I need paralyze to get the most out of my yuffie.

New medals was a nice surprise, but I'm really curious when we will get Jack. I wouldn't be shocked if they make us wait till october

eefara

What makes you think you'll get characters you want from the 10 pull?

To be fair, you do have a better chance because the pool is divided. You won't be getting the disney characters if you pull FF & KH or vice versa. Sure, you still may not get exactly what you're after, but you certainly have a better chance than when you're pulling from everything.

Pretty much this. Anyway, I thought it over and decided to go for the daily.

WUic2XP.png

Absolute garbage.
And Tidus and Simba.

Falk

that puzzling face
I know there's a crap load of games with a similar game mechanics as this. But, can you guys recommend any similar mobile games that I should check out if I like this one?

FF Record Keeper - If you want a major nostalgia trip, very accessible (relatively) but balanced endgame. Doesn't have much of a story of its own, though. Just basically collecting Final Fantasy characters and seeing all the 3D games in sprite form.

Granblue Fantasy - Distinct in that unlike many/most mobages, this is very much its own IP, and tells its own story. Kinda grindy, but English version just launched and there's quite a sizable community of new player influx. Treat it like a proper JRPG in a mobage/gacha/stamina framework, and if you can stand some anime tropes, I think you'll love this. Reminds me a lot of FFXII meets Skies of Arcadia.

Puzzle & Dragons - if you like that kind of gameplay I guess, lol

Terra Battle - I think I can safely say hands down this is the best actual gameplay I've come across in a mobile game. Strateghy, preparation and execution all play equally important roles. Unfortunately it suffers a severe dearth of content, so once you get to what's current endgame, you either suck it up and grind (keeping in mind the current playerbase has been grinding for over a year and a lot of the new content is tuned for -them-) or end up with nothing much to do.

All have OTs on NeoGAF.

edit: This is covering stuff in English. If you're willing to delve into Japanese language titles, the list is much more massive.

edit2: You're not going to have enough time to play more than 2, maybe 3 of these at once, lol.

Man, the new medals look really cool. Very tempted to buy a 3000 pack next week and aim for them, but I'll try to resist so I can finish leveling up what I'm working on now + wait for even more to be added.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My pulls were not terrible (I apparently took a screenshot):

8M5RlSC.png

3VTBsR1.png

Sad I didn't get Queen Minnie, but happy I have a Jiminy Cricket that I can sub in to heal if absolutely necessary (until I get my Queen!).

lionpants

FF Record Keeper - If you want a major nostalgia trip, very accessible (relatively) but balanced endgame. Doesn't have much of a story of its own, though. Just basically collecting Final Fantasy characters and seeing all the 3D games in sprite form.

Granblue Fantasy - Distinct in that unlike many/most mobages, this is very much its own IP, and tells its own story. Kinda grindy, but English version just launched and there's quite a sizable community of new player influx. Treat it like a proper JRPG in a mobage/gacha/stamina framework, and if you can stand some anime tropes, I think you'll love this. Reminds me a lot of FFXII meets Skies of Arcadia.

Puzzle & Dragons - if you like that kind of gameplay I guess, lol

Terra Battle - I think I can safely say hands down this is the best actual gameplay I've come across in a mobile game. Strateghy, preparation and execution all play equally important roles. Unfortunately it suffers a severe dearth of content, so once you get to what's current endgame, you either suck it up and grind (keeping in mind the current playerbase has been grinding for over a year and a lot of the new content is tuned for -them-) or end up with nothing much to do.

All have OTs on NeoGAF.

edit: This is covering stuff in English. If you're willing to delve into Japanese language titles, the list is much more massive.

edit2: You're not going to have enough time to play more than 2, maybe 3 of these at once, lol.
Sweet. P&D I'm not really a fan of the gameplay mechanic, I like fast paced stuff. I found Record Keeper performance pretty crap at launch, maybe it has improved? I'll have to checkout Terra Battle and Granblue though, thanks!

Dandte

I Should habe waited with My 10 pull. But at least i got 6 5* in 1 Ten pull. But for now i will wait for the Tier 10 medals.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sweet. P&D I'm not really a fan of the gameplay mechanic, I like fast paced stuff. I found Record Keeper performance pretty crap at launch, maybe it has improved? I'll have to checkout Terra Battle and Granblue though, thanks!

FFRK is much better now.

Granblue is a slog because of the UI - so much so it's recommended you play on PC via Chrome developer mode (lol)

For the people that have finished the 200 story missions.....what are you doing now?

I've been working on leveling skills for some of the lower end characters. Stitch is finished, Yuna is basically done, and now I'm working on Wakka. I made it to the 6th tier of the Coliseum, but it's hard to get motivated to finish more of it since there don't appear to be rewards for it.

Still having fun, but just wondering if I should be doing something else.

Joqu

Aww man I don't have even close to the amount of jewels to do one of those limited pulls and there's no bonus offer going on when it comes to purchasing them? What do I do?

They'll put these back into rotation right? I guess I learned my lesson here, buy jewels when the offer is good and KEEP them for limited pulls..

Aww man I don't have even close to the amount of jewels to do one of those limited pulls and there's no bonus offer going on when it comes to purchasing them? What do I do?

They'll put these back into rotation right? I guess I learned my lesson here, buy jewels when the offer is good and KEEP them for limited pulls..

All of the new medals are permanently added to the pool. You have a chance at getting them anytime you pull.

The limited offers are just to limit the size of the pool so you have a better chance at getting one of the new medals.

Joqu

All of the new medals are permanently added to the pool. You have a chance at getting them anytime you pull.

The limited offers are just to limit the size of the pool so you have a better chance at getting one of the new medals.

Oh. OH. Well that's a relief. I guess there's no issue there then, I'll just stick to the dailies. I can wait.

Visceir

Seems like the Munny quest is open right now. Thought people might want to know.

I've been sort of broke myself so I welcome it.

Is it possible to play this game on PC as well and maintain progress across devices?

If you use an Android device emulator.

I play via Nox and it's great. Since this game isn't fast paced combat, it's super easy to play using a mouse (as opposed to something like Marvel Future Fight or Bleach Brave Souls).

JTripper

Got a 4* KH 2 Cloud from the daily. I ain't mad. Already upgraded it to max 5* but not gonna evolve it to 6* since I won't have space for it anywhere.

Friend just pulled this:

UGhkv7B.jpg

What the fuck

Permanently A

Got a 4* KH 2 Cloud from the daily. I ain't mad. Already upgraded it to max 5* but not gonna evolve it to 6* since I won't have space for it anywhere.

Friend just pulled this:

UGhkv7B.jpg

What the fuck

Daaaaaaaaaamn son. The whole buff into smackdown package right there. Tell him to level his Starlight and go Vivi > Aerith > DiZ > Riku > Cloud for that sweet 60% attack up brutality.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Jesus....just did a 3 pull. Jiminy Cricket...Hayner and Yuffie (4*) I mean...wow what an absolute waste of 600 medals.

5* and 6* Yuffie are perfectly adequate blue medals. Jiminy Cricket isn't amazing, but unless you've got another healer in your pocket, you might as well pump him up a bit. As for Hayner, I mean...Yeah, it's Hayner :lol

5* and 6* Yuffie are perfectly adequate blue medals. Jiminy Cricket isn't amazing, but unless you've got another healer in your pocket, you might as well pump him up a bit. As for Hayner, I mean...Yeah, it's Hayner :lol

The Yuffie I am ok with, but I have had at least 5 or 6 J. Crickets drop just from quests....argh lol.

Boogiepop

Any chance there's a solid way to force a drop on something with Attack Boost All or the Defense Boost? Guessing you just have to get lucky pulls, so I'll probably ignore that for now. But yeah, only three little objectives left in the current story mode missions, and they need those. But that can wait anyway, as they only give shards that I don't currently need.

Also, there's no time limit or anything on the "Proud" event quests, is there? I don't want to mess with those until I have better stuff to put the Cids and whatnot on.

But yeah, pretty much "done" outside of some Colliseum I guess until the next update, so that's cool.

Permanently A

Any chance there's a solid way to force a drop on something with Attack Boost All or the Defense Boost? Guessing you just have to get lucky pulls, so I'll probably ignore that for now. But yeah, only three little objectives left in the current story mode missions, and they need those. But that can wait anyway, as they only give shards that I don't currently need.

Also, there's no time limit or anything on the "Proud" event quests, is there? I don't want to mess with those until I have better stuff to put the Cids and whatnot on.

But yeah, pretty much "done" outside of some Colliseum I guess until the next update, so that's cool.

The best way to clear the Skill objectives is to get them from a party member. Try to join one of the GAF parties since they usually have strong medals.

Kinsei

Banned

You can get a defense boost from the coliseum.

Boogiepop

The best way to clear the Skill objectives is to get them from a party member. Try to join one of the GAF parties since they usually have strong medals.

You can get a defense boost from the coliseum.
Thanks. And as for the party stuff I would do that, but I have a friend who's playing the game (at a much slower rate), so I don't want to ditch him, and thus I've got a dinky two-man party. Maaaaybe at some point I'll see if there's a Unicorn group lax enough to let him in too, but for now it's not a huge deal.

Btw, any point other than bragging rights to keep chugging in the Coliseum past finishing the board? (Also, the board WILL be refreshed when the Coliseum in general does, right? Trying to avoid having more Cids than necessary taking up inventory until I'm ready to use them, but I'll grab them for sure if they're going away regardless...)

broz0rs

Not a big fan of multiple versions of the same character. There's not much gratification that you feel in other gatcha games where you've successfully rolled something unique. Cloud should obviously be a strong character, but when there's three different versions it doesn't make it seem that owning him is all that significant.

Got my first 10 pull for the FFKH pack how is it?:
image.png

Honestly this is a really fantastic pull. 3 Valor Soras and 2 Master forms means you can pump up their special attacks pretty well for premium medals, not to mention that you got the new Cloud. The other medals you got are pretty decent too. I'm very jealous.

TheMink

You got KH1 Cloud. That was a great pull.

Honestly this is a really fantastic pull. 3 Valor Soras and 2 Master forms means you can pump up their special attacks pretty well for premium medals, not to mention that you got the new Cloud. The other medals you got are pretty decent too. I'm very jealous.

Wooo!

So am I supposed to combine all of the same type of medal into eachother? When I go to level up it doesn't give near as much to the actual level, or am I misunderstanding?

Wooo!

So am I supposed to combine all of the same type of medal into eachother? When I go to level up it doesn't give near as much to the actual level, or am I misunderstanding?

Beginning at 3 stars, you'll notice a little circle in the special attack area of your medal's details page. If you combine a medal of the same name and star rank (say, two 4 star Valor Soras), the resulting medal will have that circle filled, indicating that you have powered up its special attack. At each star rank above 3, an additional circle will appear, so you can combine a new medal and make it stronger. Just make sure you're combining them when they're the same star rank. Because you have three Valor Soras, you can fill in two circles for him, beginning the process when your 3 star one levels up to 4 stars. You can fill in one circle for Master Sora, once you've leveled the other one up to 5 stars.

TheMink

Beginning at 3 stars, you'll notice a little circle in the special attack area of your medal's details page. If you combine a medal of the same name and star rank (say, two 4 star Valor Soras), the resulting medal will have that circle filled, indicating that you have powered up its special attack. At each star rank above 3, an additional circle will appear, so you can combine a new medal and make it stronger. Just make sure you're combining them when they're the same star rank. Because you have three Valor Soras, you can fill in two circles for him, beginning the process when your 3 star one levels up to 4 stars. You can fill in one circle for Master Sora, once you've leveled the other one up to 5 stars.

Ok got it, I think I understand! Thanks a lot.

For all the people getting the 3000 packs, how long did it take you to get 3000 jewels? Or did you just spend the $$$

I dunno how long it took or anything. I haven't spent a cent (I'm from EU so I'm not even sure if I could buy jewels if I wanted). I'm around mission 80 or so and have bought 1x3000 pack, 1xdaily, 1x 500 jewel costume board and 1x single medal. Mostly I have gotten them cause of daily login bonuses.

I could have afforded another 3000 pack if I saved up for it but I'm not planning to buy another. I'd rather unlock boards now.

Top Bottom