• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Aru

Couldn't wait for the European release, so I used my secondary account to install it on my iPhone. I've barely finished the tutorial. It's pretty fun :)

comatsu

I just realised that I wasted 1 orichalcum levelling starlight. How screwed am i?

I just finished mission 200, so dont think i will be restarting... :/

Permanently A

I just realised that I wasted 1 orichalcum levelling starlight. How screwed am i?

I just finished mission 200, so dont think i will be restarting... :/

I honestly don't see why people hate Starlight. It's a nice variety especially for those tough multicolor Colosseum battles. I think maxing Starlight for the story and Treasure Trove for raid boss farming is the way to go.By the time Three Wishes becomes OP due to be blue medals we'll have enough new mats to max that one too.

botty

Banned
It was just as overpowered in the JP version and this roll out isn't unsimilar to theirs.

Hmm.. what other OP medals should we be looking out for in the future..

fake edit: Did a 10 pull got nothing good.. just did the daily deal and literally got 3 medals I wanted -.-

Omnicent

what are the perks of joining a group/guild again?
Raids from group members, better list of friend medals (will pull from what people are sharing).

Also no fucking bronze donalds (well a few are fine, I'm talking 15-20 bronze donalds... when doing some of the higher missions it really sucks.)!! This should be reason enough.

Malyse

Hmm.. what other OP medals should we be looking out for in the future..

fake edit: Did a 10 pull got nothing good.. just did the daily deal and literally got 3 medals I wanted -.-
Reverse medals.

Crimson Arcanum is the best attack in the franchise.

Wow, that's a lot... any idea when NA will catch up with JP in terms of quests?
Likely never. These type of games are almost always far ahead in Japan vs Global, because that's where they are made / released first. Then they get translated and released worldwide later.

The game released in September for Japan, so we'll probably stay ~7 months behind them. Unless of course, they decide to dramatically speed up the content releases here. I want to say that may actually be a possibility at least. I don't think this game does what many other gatcha games tend to do with always having a new weekly / bi-weekly event. Those games are basically impossible to catch up / shorten the gap without shortchanging people on how long the events are available.

Malyse

Likely never. These type of games are almost always far ahead in Japan vs Global, because that's where they are made / released first. Then they get translated and released worldwide later.

The game released in September for Japan, so we'll probably stay ~7 months behind them. Unless of course, they decide to dramatically speed up the content releases here. I want to say that may actually be a possibility at least. I don't think this game does what many other gatcha games tend to do with always having a new weekly / bi-weekly event. Those games are basically impossible to catch up / shorten the gap without shortchanging people on how long the events are available.
Again, the JP release was basically broken when it launched. The seven months it took coming out involved a lot of revisions to the game itself, not just content releases. Since they don't have to fix the game as well, releases won't take so much time. I mean, we didn't have multiple emergency maintenance sessions in the first week like Japan did.

Didn't Nomura hype this up as important to the timeline and story? I hope they at least give the story a conclusion, cuz tbh it's fun but I'm mostly playing it for the origins story (and to tie me over till 2.8)

Malyse

Didn't Nomura hype this up as important to the timeline and story? I hope they at least give the story a conclusion, cuz tbh it's fun but I'm mostly playing it for the origins story (and to tie me over till 2.8)
He said that it ties to every game in II.8: DDDHD, BBS 0.2, and Back Cover. And it's the lead in for KH3.

After spending a week to max out my Stitch (with a maximum low guilt of 25%!), I caved and did a 10 shot and got Master Form Sora, which is basically a better version of Stitch.

comatsu

Im finding mission 54 a great place to farm exp medals. Getting at least a couple of 3* huey/dewey per go, with 4* also dropping often.

Anyone can suggest a similar place for green exp medals? (Also any place with better drops of red/blue if you know any)

Kinsei

Banned
So what are the best and rarest medals atm? Prolly kh 1 cloud tops the list I would assume

EDIT: Looking for a party still :(

Minnie is good in the late game (stuff we don't have yet) when you actually need to heal. DiZ, Vivi, and KH2 Aerith are good because they give you a neutral attack boos.

Omnicent

well fuck, guess this game only wants to give me the new speed medals.

CxpVoir.png
Got 1 KH2 cloud. Wish I could trade medals.

SoulUnison

Banned
I've been pumping all my Jewels into increasing medal storage capacity so I can grind on the daily missions and stockpiles them to feed on throughout the week.

I'll upgrade and evolve the handful of medals I have and max out my capacity before I start worrying about pulling for new medals.

Goli

Aww, I fell behind because of real-life responsibilities, and my party kicked me out. It kinda killed my drive to keep playing, tbh. Oh well, it happens.

Had the same happen to me. Kinda wanted to keep playing but with Back Cover coming eventually, part of me is like 'why keep playing?', specially considering how 99% of the story missions I've played (around 100) feel like pointless filler. Not that other KH games didn't suffer from this but at least the Disney filler was charming.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've been pumping all my Jewels into increasing medal storage capacity so I can grind on the daily missions and stockpiles them to feed on throughout the week.

I'll upgrade and evolve the handful of medals I have and max out my capacity before I start worrying about pulling for new medals.

Hahaha, this is how it's probably going to look like for me:

Sat/Sun: Get a bunch of 5* Evolves so that I can start doing Guilt on my farmable medals! Should have enough for Tues/Weds/Thurs (Red/Blue/Green)
Tues: Well, I guess I'll do all these red 5*->6*s
Weds: not enough 5* Evolves
Thu: not enough 5* Evolves

On the bright side I'll have a really stronk red deck.

Aww, I fell behind because of real-life responsibilities, and my party kicked me out. It kinda killed my drive to keep playing, tbh. Oh well, it happens.

Had the same happen to me. Kinda wanted to keep playing but with Back Cover coming eventually, part of me is like 'why keep playing?', specially considering how 99% of the story missions I've played (around 100) feel like pointless filler. Not that other KH games didn't suffer from this but at least the Disney filler was charming.

For what it's worth, the first 200 missions really don't have much story going, but the AP vs levelling curve is structured leniently enough for new players to hop in that you could probably just come back when there's a bunch of story content and blow through to it rather than doing (rather pointless) grinding right now.

Worth keeping around to log in daily just to build that Jewel stockpile from the log-in rewards if you plan to do that though.

So do you think they'll come out with other was of giving out skip tickets or is buy jewel packaged with them the only they're going to do it.

For what it's worth, the first 200 missions really don't have much story going, but the AP vs levelling curve is structured leniently enough for new players to hop in that you could probably just come back when there's a bunch of story content and blow through to it rather than doing (rather pointless) grinding right now.

Worth keeping around to log in daily just to build that Jewel stockpile from the log-in rewards if you plan to do that though.

Actually, I don't mind the story at all so far. Mainly because I have two different characters set, and I swap between them every different world, so I have my own little sub-plots going with both characters. I'm at mission 150, I'm looking forward to the other 50 too. I'll try to get into a party when I'm less busy and can offer stronger medals.

Top Bottom