• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Finally finished quest 200 and fused up the medals I had set up to add guilt:

FcCrQeO.png

m2GNWT0.png

FBAOFpL.png

Not great, but could be worse considering they're all drop medals. The Selphie is probably the strongest medal I currently have.

Aru

Has it ever been explained why the Disney worlds are somewhat stuck in a loop, since this game happens 100 years before KH1 and yet all the Disney characters and worlds are in the same state than in the other games in the series? It kinda bothers me.

Has it ever been explained why the Disney worlds are somewhat stuck in a loop, since this game happens 100 years before KH1 and yet all the Disney characters and worlds are in the same state than in the other games in the series? It kinda bothers me.
It gets explained in the story later.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Daily draw...

5* Pence with defense boost
4* Auron
5* Mufasa

That Pence would be garbage if it weren't got that glorious Def boost skill I've been searching for!

Got some new medals of note today:
5* KH Cloud
5* KH2 Riku
5* Limit Form Sora
4* Black Cloak Riku

Reasonably pleased but have nothing to level them up with for now. Also finished story #200, so might just login for rewards until Tuesday.

Althane

Trying to figure out which of the elemental keyblades I should put at 5 medals. If we get an Ori every 25 missions, I think I heard we were getting 50 missions a month, does that mean I'll be able to do the other two (Screw Olympia for now) over the course of the next two months?

Drew, got 4* KHII Riku, a Donald V.B, and a 4* Pluto. So now I have a 3*, 4*, 5* Pluto. =|

I guess I can work on getting Pluto some skill ups.

Anyways, I figure I should either do Treasure Trove for the Raid Boss kills (Guard Armors are starting to get hard to take down), but I don't really have a good set of Power medals. Right now I'm using 5* Wakka, 4* Paine, 4* Valor Sora, and 5* Riku. Goal is to get Paine and Sora 5*'d. Not sure who I would 6* out of that, but probably Valor Sora, and keep 5* Riku for my Starlight.

I feel like I'm doing pretty shit in the rolls though. =\

botty

Banned
200 missions seems really limited given how basic the game is. This should easily have started with 400+

80% of the missions are filler anyway, so why not just add more fluff.

Here are some medal tiers since people keep asking and I was genuinely curious to see them all in one place myself. I'd assume some of these are only possible to get during certain events.

Aerith [KH2]
Card Soldiers
DiZ
Donald {ver. B}

Source: https://game8.jp/archives/31956

Any idea what makes Donald ver. B an 8.5 tier character?

I just pulled him as a 5 star and his special doesn't seem all that great. 1.53 x a single hit.

Does he get better once he goes to 6 star?

Any idea what makes Donald ver. B an 8.5 tier character?

I just pulled him as a 5 star and his special doesn't seem all that great. 1.53 x a single hit.

Does he get better once he goes to 6 star?

Seems to be that he has a ~10k aoe for 1 bar when maxed for exp farming, but last I knew, you want attacks that hit multiple times.

Edit: I did two pulls myself and got two KH Clouds, think I may just equip both to be honest. Only other new medal I got was KH2 Riku, but I did get some fairly good old medals too with Goofy ver. B and Peter Pan.

Seems to be that he has a ~10k aoe for 1 bar when maxed for exp farming, but last I knew, you want attacks that hit multiple times.

Edit: I did two pulls myself and got two KH Clouds, think I may just equip both to be honest. Only other new medal I got was KH2 Riku, but I did get some fairly good old medals too with Goofy ver. B and Peter Pan.

I can't decide if 2 clouds is better than one boosted cloud lol

DigtialT

Well something happened I guess and I got kicked from my old party (miss just one day, I swear) so, if there are any Unicornis parties that have an open slot, I'd love an invite.

Name: Hank
ID: 100107
Lv 64

DigtialT

Also, is there anyway to get to the latest message of the chat? It's so annoying having to scroll through the messages of the entire last day everytime I log in.

chrono01

Purchasing the weekly unlock was both the best and worst thing I've done to far in-game. On the positive, I have enough Munny to last me a long while (even more by the end of the day), and I've evolved/levelled many of my units. On the negative, my main story quest progress has suffered, but I should be able to make decent progress tomorrow once the unlock ends. I should easily be able to finish them all before the 1/2 AP promotion ends.

BTW, I'm thinking of doing a ten-pull tomorrow for the new Cloud. What's the difference between th Disney and Cloud banners? Aren't all of the characters obtainable through the in-game gatcha anyway?

Kinsei

Banned
Purchasing the weekly unlock was both the best and worst thing I've done to far in-game. On the positive, I have enough Munny to last me a long while (even more by the end of the day), and I've evolved/levelled many of my units. On the negative, my main story quest progress has suffered, but I should be able to make decent progress tomorrow once the unlock ends. I should easily be able to finish them all before the 1/2 AP promotion ends.

BTW, I'm thinking of doing a ten-pull tomorrow for the new Cloud. What's the difference between th Disney and Cloud banners? Aren't all of the characters obtainable through the in-game gatcha anyway?

The difference is that if you choose the Disney banner then all ten medals you pull will be Disney characters and if you choose the KH + FF banner all ten medals you pull will be KH and FF characters. You can get the new medals through the regular draws too.

chrono01

The difference is that if you choose the Disney banner then all ten medals you pull will be Disney characters and if you choose the KH + FF banner all ten medals you pull will be KH and FF characters. You can get the new medals through the regular draws too.
Oh nice, thanks! KH/FF banner it is! As mentioned, I want the new Cloud and Black Coat Riku//Final Form Sora would be nice.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhh I was so busy past couple days I haven't had time to grind out the APs and finish the 200 quests(I'm very close to completing the last of them) so I can be ready in case more stuff is added.

Suffered?!

That's putting it lightly!

:p

chrono01

Suffered?!

That's putting it lightly!

:p
Perhaps stalled indefinitely would have been better. >_<

Yes indeed, for those working through the quests now, you might want to finish them before you purchase the weekly unlock. Otherwise, you'll be in my situation, where you want to do the story quests but won't, since it's a waste to not use your AP on daily quests when you have the opportunity to do so.

You've been warned!

Yes indeed, for those working through the quests now, you might want to finish them before you purchase the weekly unlock. Otherwise, you'll be in my situation, where you want to do the story quests but won't, since it's a waste to not use your AP on daily quests when you have the opportunity to do so.

You've been warned!

Yes, about those warnings...

chrono01

We'll have to ban your ability to purchase anything until you finish the damn quests XD
It's okay, I don't normally make the same mistake twice. Usually. I should be able to resist the unlock purchase again until I finish the quests and am free to do so again.

Maybe.

If I feel myself weakening, I will be sure to inform you so you can slap some sense back into me.

Wortany

You've been warned!

I almost baited myself into buying the unlock as well.

Luckily since I'm European, they don't even seem to want my money converted into dollars. Crisis averted!

RalchAC

I almost baited myself into buying the unlock as well.

Luckily since I'm European, they don't even seem to want my money converted into dollars. Crisis averted!

Are you sure? Maybe Paypal works.

I was planning to buy that pack tomorrow. It unlocks the munny quest too, right?

DigtialT

Sunday needs to end already, I wanna buy that 3000 jewel + weekly quest unlock already so I can do the KH+FF medal pull, but wanna maximize the efficiency of my weekly quest as well.

chrono01

I was planning to buy that pack tomorrow. It unlocks the munny quest too, right?
It unlocks EVERYTHING!

It can be super-overwhelming, especially if you still have story content to work through (hence my situation). I started with the XP/evolution material quests first, but settled on grinding nothing but Munny near the end (after I levelled/evolved everything I needed to). Since the Munny quest is on a different schedule than standard dailies, it's a great bonus having it unlocked permanently for the week.

RalchAC

Is any GAF guild that has mainly European people? I'm asking because lately there isn't much activity in my party at the time when I play. So I guessed they are sleeping while I do stuff :p

It unlocks EVERYTHING!

It can be super-overwhelming, especially if you still have story content to work through (hence my situation). I started with the XP/evolution material quests first, but settled on grinding nothing but Munny near the end (after I levelled/evolved everything I needed to). Since the Munny quest is on a different schedule than standard dailies, it's a great bonus having it unlocked permanently for the week.

I've already finished quest 200. I thought it would be a bad idea to unlock all that stuff without having the story finished.

Boogiepop

Will there be renewable/decent enough places to grind Cids in the future? I kind of want to use mine so I can have a second 6 star on a keyblade, but I'm worried about "wasting" them on medals I'll inevitably have to stop using as better stuff is introduced...

Will there be renewable/decent enough places to grind Cids in the future? I kind of want to use mine so I can have a second 6 star on a keyblade, but I'm worried about "wasting" them on medals I'll inevitably have to stop using as better stuff is introduced...

In the future yes, they do exist in the JP version.

WHEN in the future? @_@

Wortany

Tried it with paypal, credit card and money that's available on my google play account.
It doesn't seem to want to convert it to dollars and doesn't accept euro's. Strange even, since the price of the jewel pack ingame is listed in euro's for me.

57tAkkyl.png

Omnicent

This RNG... Gave me enoucg clouds in 3 10 pulls to get 6* with 5 slots filled. Then took me 3 more to get one for guilt bonus.. 6 10 pulls... KH cloud is rare as fuck.

Well now it's time to make an OP KH Cloud.
At least this is not like korean f2p mmo's... There is no trying to go for a +10 - +15 and it going boom at any point with only a 30% or lower success rate (nothing like having your only +14 weapon blow up trying to +15 it...).
Think I'll sit out the next set of new medal 10 pulls. Think I have enough speed and power medals to carry me for a good while (watch they add an op Magic single target next...).

i guess i'm lucky since payment went through last monday using my uk card. i should resist from buying more unlock tomorrow
This RNG... Gave me enoucg clouds in 3 pulls to get 6* with 5 slots filled. Then took me 3 more to get one for guilt bonus.. 6 10 pulls... KH cloud is rare as fuck.

Well now it's time to make an OP KH Cloud.
At least this is not like korean f2p mmo's... There is no trying to go for a +10 - +15 and it going boom at any point with only a 30% or lower success rate (nothing like having your only +14 weapon blow up trying to +15 it...).
Think I'll sit out the next set of new medal 10 pulls. Think I have enough speed and power medals to carry me for a good while (watch they add an op Magic single target next...).
i h8 ur luck

Omnicent

me when I found out you can lower the cost of 6* medals with Cid medals:
giphy.gif

Yeah that's the best. If you buy all the jem costumes you get about 40 of them.
If you set it up right you can have 2/3 elements have 3 6* medals in your builds at around 146 cp. It feels good to wreck things.

I think cids become farmable at some point. Can any of the players from the Japanese version confirm?

i guess i'm lucky since payment went through last monday using my uk card. i should resist from buying more unlock tomorrow

i h8 ur luck
you say this until you realize what I spent to get this "luck" (about $150). Luckily FFIX is out on steam and that will last me for a few months (well that and FFXIV... which reminds me I need to check out patch 3.26)

xclk07

Two questions: when you purchase the full unlock week, do the missions go away after their days or do they stay the whole week (i.e. if Tues is green evol medal day and you have the weekly unlock, do you still have access to the green evol medal day on Wed)?

Also, is it better to level gatcha medals (like a Viv or Sora Limit Form) to level 6 even though it's harder to then get dots? I was keeping them at level 4 or 5, but realized the odds of my getting tons more medals to level and get dots is very very low. Maybe I can pull one or two more, but not all 7 you'd need to get all dots and guilt.

Top Bottom