• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

chrono01

This RNG... Gave me enoucg clouds in 3 10 pulls to get 6* with 5 slots filled. Then took me 3 more to get one for guilt bonus.. 6 10 pulls... KH cloud is rare as fuck.

Well now it's time to make an OP KH Cloud.
At least this is not like korean f2p mmo's... There is no trying to go for a +10 - +15 and it going boom at any point with only a 30% or lower success rate (nothing like having your only +14 weapon blow up trying to +15 it...).
Think I'll sit out the next set of new medal 10 pulls. Think I have enough speed and power medals to carry me for a good while (watch they add an op Magic single target next...).
Congrats!

I just want one of him, that's all I'm asking for. I'm going to do a ten-pull tomorrow, here's hoping I get lucky...

Two questions: when you purchase the full unlock week, do the missions go away after their days or do they stay the whole week (i.e. if Tues is green evol medal day and you have the weekly unlock, do you still have access to the green evol medal day on Wed)?

They stay the whole week

you say this until you realize what I spent to get this "luck" (about $150). Luckily FFIX is out on steam and that will last me for a few months (well that and FFXIV... which reminds me I need to check out patch 3.26)
:O :O :O
actually i thought you used all free jewels + 6000 from 2 weekly unlocks... didn't expect that
Two questions: when you purchase the full unlock week, do the missions go away after their days or do they stay the whole week (i.e. if Tues is green evol medal day and you have the weekly unlock, do you still have access to the green evol medal day on Wed)?

Also, is it better to level gatcha medals (like a Viv or Sora Limit Form) to level 6 even though it's harder to then get dots? I was keeping them at level 4 or 5, but realized the odds of my getting tons more medals to level and get dots is very very low. Maybe I can pull one or two more, but not all 7 you'd need to get all dots and guilt.
for the 1st one, it will stay until end of week
2nd one, iinm during later, there'll be medal that gives skill level up, so don't worry about that and raise it to 6 stars if you want.. keep in mind the 6 stars cost is really high

Omnicent

Congrats!

I just want one of him, that's all I'm asking for. I'm going to do a ten-pull tomorrow, here's hoping I get lucky...

Best of luck.

Can always hope they add some way to trade medals down the line. As I posted yesterday, I'd love to give away some of these KH2 Riku speed medals.
Would make the group even stronger.
Only reason I see they don't is because of RMT or things like that.

WOO, KH 1 Cloud
4 star :(
Grats, you only need 1 unless you want to min-max skill/guilt.
Taking it to 6* shouldn't be to bad.

xclk07

for the 1st one, it will stay until end of week
2nd one, iinm during later, there'll be medal that gives skill level up, so don't worry about that and raise it to 6 stars if you want.. keep in mind the 6 stars cost is really high

Great, thanks. We'll see how the RNG for those drops are in the future! And yes, I'm through with the 200 missions and working on leveling and reducing costs now to prepare for the next batch of content.

Boogiepop

If I'm dumping Cids into something: Wakka or Black Coat Riku? IE who's more likely to be outpaced and replaced sooner? Riku is probably "better", but I feel like Wakka may have a better niche as one special multihit burst, whereas Riku's direct burst may get more quickly replaced...

If I'm dumping Cids into something: Wakka or Black Coat Riku? IE who's more likely to be outpaced and replaced sooner? Riku is probably "better", but I feel like Wakka may have a better niche as one special multihit burst, whereas Riku's direct burst may get more quickly replaced...

For gods sake Black Coat Riku, at least for now.

RalchAC

You're more intelligent than I was. :(

Tried it with paypal, credit card and money that's available on my google play account.
It doesn't seem to want to convert it to dollars and doesn't accept euro's. Strange even, since the price of the jewel pack ingame is listed in euro's for me.

57tAkkyl.png

Mmmm... Guess I will try anyway, hope it works but now I'm not sure. Damn Square not wanting my filthy euros.

Also, is it better to level gatcha medals (like a Viv or Sora Limit Form) to level 6 even though it's harder to then get dots? I was keeping them at level 4 or 5, but realized the odds of my getting tons more medals to level and get dots is very very low. Maybe I can pull one or two more, but not all 7 you'd need to get all dots and guilt.

Just level them up to 6. Some medals will be released in the future that work in the same way as clones. So don't worry about that.

And yeah, the "Specials" quest remain unlocked for a week. All of them. It doesn't last for 7 days. Just from whenever you get it to Sunday. So better buy it on Monday if you plan to!

Boogiepop

For gods sake Black Coat Riku, at least for now.
Alright, I'll take that advice. Just trying to plan ahead for the future so the Cids are less likely to end up "wasted". (Again, totally get that Riku is the better medal, but I was thinking perhaps Wakka's "role" as a single special multihit in power may be less crowded, so he may possibly not be completely irrelevant due to straight up better medals quite as soon...)

Are the bear head avatar expressions items random for everyone? Noticed some look angry, and some look kawaii; mine has this weird star half wink going, which I love with the "The First Foreteller" title :lol

My party now is all wearing org 13 clothes with bear heads #makebearsgreatagain

LAA

Looking to join a party. Submitted my details on the form but let me know if there's a quicker way to join or whatever.
No idea what party room join.

The_Kid

Japan got Zootopia medals and avatar pieces but only for those in the top something ranks. I really hope they change that when they bring it west. I'd honestly probably lose all interest in this game if I have no possibility of getting my fav medal.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm trying to proc magician donald's defense boost I ability in the lvl 50 money special mission to get the mythril from it, but after over 10 play throughs with him it's not triggering. i have some attack up characters that trigger very frequently.

am I doing something wrong here? or just bad luck. defense boost I has its chance to apply when attacking right? not when defending, or do I have to get attacked?

AwShucks

Chip and Dale and Scrooge... What medal should I dump them into? Something I'm trying to level (like black coat Riku) or something u currently use? I'm guessing something I'm leveling.

Zebei

Just realized at level 108 I'm the highest level of anyone in my party. It's only 18 people though.

BTW what does locking a medal do?

Makes it so you can't accidentally sell it. I don't think you can use it for leveling up other medals either.

Don't know about anything else.

Fauve

Should I be buying those avatar boards that cost gems? Are their bonuses worth more than a chance at good medals/capacity upgrades?

Should I be buying those avatar boards that cost gems? Are their bonuses worth more than a chance at good medals/capacity upgrades?
You'll definitely want to grab at the very least the two 500-jewel ones, if not the 1000 ones as well, if you want to be able to use 6-star medals as soon as you get them.

Finished the story missions that are available (playing the US version), and maxed out two Keyblades. I guess it's time to grind for munny, finish the objectives I missed, and get as far as possible in the Colosseum.

also

Banned
Is there even a point in progressing in the Coliseum past tier 5? There seem to be no more rewards and you get enough coins to unlock everything on the Cid board.

Psxphile

Decision time: 2 Orihalcons, 4 Keyblades ready to unlock their 5th medal slot (barely put anything in Olympia yet so that's out of the running). Most people seem to be against upgrading Starlight because of its jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none status (which is fine since I stopped using it as my primary like, 100 missions ago) so that leaves:

Treasure Trove
Lady Luck
Three Wishes

I've been struggling the most w/ TW because my Magic medal selection isn't very great, so I'm usually failing 1-turn-KOing the power missions so I'm thinking of upgrading that one.

What's up with Olympia? Is that one going to be good for anything? Should I just ignore it for now?

EDIT: went with Three Wishes. The key now has my 5 best blue medals, and 3 of them are KH2 Yunas... ._.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there even a point in progressing in the Coliseum past tier 5? There seem to be no more rewards and you get enough coins to unlock everything on the Cid board.

Check the rankings in Tier 6 - you wanna be in the Top 1000 to get all the rewards iirc.

Decision time: 2 Orihalcons, 4 Keyblades ready to unlock their 5th medal slot (barely put anything in Olympia yet so that's out of the running). Most people seem to be against upgrading Starlight because of its jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none status (which is fine since I stopped using it as my primary like, 100 missions ago) so that leaves:

Treasure Trove
Lady Luck
Three Wishes

I've been struggling the most w/ TW because my Magic medal selection isn't very great, so I'm usually failing 1-turn-KOing the power missions so I'm thinking of upgrading that one.

What's up with Olympia? Is that one going to be good for anything? Should I just ignore it for now?

EDIT: went with Three Wishes. The key now has my 5 best blue medals, and 3 of them are KH2 Yunas... ._.

Olympia focuses on speed and power, but it's pointless to upgrade it now with the limited materials. You can't upgrade it very far. I kinda hate being hamstrung by the keyblade upgrade decisions I made near the beginning of the game. Just one 10-pull can totally change which keyblade is right for you, and by then, you may have already sunk in too much into another keyblade.

Falk

that puzzling face
VIAZrnKl.png

... my plans for the week are now in disarray :(

edit: or not, lol

TlVyVDNl.png

j1x6iH0l.png

Having a 10k+ Auron in friends list certainly helps!

Wazzy

Banned
Completed all 200 quests and unlocked the Sora and Riku boards. Those cid medals and cost increase is extremely helpful.

Also if anyone still needs a party we have plenty of room on Vulpes!
How can you live with 100 box Space Oo
I have even less and it's awful lol

Falk

that puzzling face
How can you live with 100 box Space Oo

I wsa very nearly going up to 125, then decided to save those 500 coins for costumes instead since I'm short on Cost right now.

That would be a bit more than 5 runs per day...doesnt sound too bad. The event will be up for 2 weeks.

Trying to do as much as possible on Monday since the daily is useless.

not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15 not gonna $15

I'm still at 50 for my box space, haha.
Yeah looks like something like ~75 runs through the advanced event mission should be enough medals to unlock everything?
The three-star Chip and Dale medals are laughable.

Top Bottom