• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I caved and bought another weekly unlock only cause I wanted the jewels to do a KH/FF pull

btlGDJt.jpg

I regret nothing

jimwhat

I caved and bought another weekly unlock only cause I wanted the jewels to do a KH/FF pull

I regret nothing

Holy shit man!

How lucky can you be? I've been wanting that Riku, but don't want to drop another $15. Master Sora is amazing though. Even at 6 stars, his special only costing 1 point really helps.

xclk07

If I uninstall and reinstall the app (problem with tying an acount to Google Play for IAP), do I lose everything or is my progress stored elsewhere?

Primus

So, yeah, that 10-pull was a damn good choice.

That's my second Black Coat Riku, a KHII Cloud w/Paralysis, two more KH II Sora Bs (which might now be my first max 6* w/Guilt activated), Master Form Sora, and DiZ. Everything else is yellow dot fodder, but still, I'll take it.

chrono01

I did a ten-pull on the FF/KH banner. No new Cloud or Black Coat Riku (they had the nerve to give me a 5* Cloud, of which I already have a 6* version of!), but I did manage Ditz, Aerith, and Auron. With the former two, I now have a complete set of STR-boosting characters for one turn (Vivi, Ditz, and Aerith), so I guess that's something.

Still... :(

Oh! I no longer have the weekly unlock so I can really focus and knock out those story quests tonight! \o/

So, are the Android performance issues pretty widespread? I just moved my profile from an iPad mini 2, where the game ran perfectly, to a Galaxy S7 Edge, where the game runs like absolute crap.

Something is definitely up there. And I haven't had any performance issues in any other game thus far.

Malyse

So, are the Android performance issues pretty widespread? I just moved my profile from an iPad mini 2, where the game ran perfectly, to a Galaxy S7 Edge, where the game runs like absolute crap.

Something is definitely up there. And I haven't had any performance issues in any other game thus far.

Runs great on iOS.

----

Super fun times! Let's show all the Raid Bosses so far.

I've got an S6 Edge and it runs perfectly for me. Weird...

Spiked

Neo Member

Hmmm that's odd... mine is running perfectly on my S7 Edge, but I do have the exynos instead of snapdragon processor (yay canada) so not sure if that matters.

Runs like a dream on my 2012 Nexus 7 of all things.

So what's the deal with Chip/Dale medals, can you just use them on any medal without limits? Should I save it for a 6* or does the bonus carry over after evolving?

Primus

So what's the deal with Chip/Dale medals, can you just use them on any medal without limits? Should I save it for a 6* or does the bonus carry over after evolving?

You can use them on any medal, although 1-4* medals can only be boosted up to +200. 5* can go up to +400, 6* to +1000. The bonuses do carry over.

RPGCrazied

Been playing a lot of this. Thankfully it works decent enough on an emulator. I don't have a device that can run it. That said, I'm like level 32.

Pangya

Hmmm that's odd... mine is running perfectly on my S7 Edge, but I do have the exynos instead of snapdragon processor (yay canada) so not sure if that matters.

The Nexus 6P doesn't run it well either. Bluestacks on PC runs it fine. I don't know what the issue is, maybe the version of Android that runs it?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm toying with things and reinstalling, but it's not a huge deal. I'm thinking that I preferred the game on the tablet anyway. It's involved enough that I play from home 98% of the time.

Went ahead and bought the weekly unlock and did a KH/FF pull with the medals. Pretty average pull overall because I had crap like Hayner and Olette in it, but there was some good stuff too (KH1 Cloud w/Defense Boost, Master Form Sora, DiZ and Aerith dupes I can use to upgrade the ones I already have). Definitely going to do my best to put the unlocked quests to good use this week.

Hm, seems like the Japanese version occasionally had discounts/specials in the store like cheaper storage upgrades and guilt medal bundles. Wonder if we'll ever see those.

creid

I played the first week or so on my 2015 LG G4, and hit a lot of random long load times. Switched to my 2012 iPad and it's been completely smooth.

Runs fine on my S7 Edge as far as I can tell. I don't know what chip I'm on though.

So the story only goes to stage 200? I'm pretty close now, on 187. What are you guys doing after reaching that?

Primus

So the story only goes to stage 200? I'm pretty close now, on 187. What are you guys doing after reaching that?

The grind. Just finished levelling up Treasure Trove to 20, now working on Three Wishes. Then it's pushing all my medals to max 5* and promoting the best to 6*, then the Chip/Dale/Cid grind.

Runs fine on my S7 Edge as far as I can tell. I don't know what chip I'm on though.

I've upgraded the three elemental keyblades to lv 20, 3-mickeyed all the levels, got to round 44 of tier 6 in the coliseum, and now just trying to upgrade all of the medals that I currently have over the next three days (not pulling any more for the moment).

So pretty much grinding away.

I went back and I think it's alright. It's probably just better optimized on my iPad than my exact chipset of my exact phone. And it isn't running bad at the moment. Just comparably worse.

The biggest examples are some clear frame rate drops in busy quest areas, a long initial load time, and a little hiccup after using the spiny attack. Didn't have any of that on iOS.

So here's hoping some patch covers me along the way, but I'm happy with swapping devices for now.

I've upgraded the three elemental keyblades to lv 20, 3-mickeyed all the levels, got to round 44 of tier 6 in the coliseum, and now just trying to upgrade all of the medals that I currently have over the next three days (not pulling any more for the moment).

So pretty much grinding away.
Haha this is almost exactly where I'm at, just at round 43 instead of 44. Focusing on the Mickey event when I have time since there's not much else to do and all the special quests are locked again.
Hopefully a new batch of story missions will show up at the end of the month or so?

DigtialT

Not bad, two of the same Sora's so I can fuse those together, two Riku's get the same treatment, the KH 1 cloud to fuse with the one I already have, Squall and Yumi are great cause I needed some actual decent magic users, and Sophie is pretty good since my main magic user atm is Sophie 6* so that'll give her a buff later.

But I can not believe how much I've gotten done in a little more then two hours since I bought the 3000 jewel pack + all special quest unlocked. I've fused my 6* Wakka from 0 plips to 4 and a 5* Stitch with 3 plips from a bunch of 1*s. Tomorrow is going to be a productive day.

Did my first 10 pull and got this:
754CCEDC-EFC3-4B19-B4EE-1CFA66C72C0B_zpsqy16enam.png

Managed to level up and evolve Auron as well as took advantage of fusing some of my medals and grinding out some exp medals as well.

I think most of my medals are now being taken up by Cheshire Cat and Merlin lol, aside from Moogles.

Question for the japan players. Do those medals that add a dot to a medal also add guilt or do you have to merge it with another 6* medal to add guilt. Just curious.

Primus

Question for the japan players. Do those medals that add a dot to a medal also add guilt or do you have to merge it with another 6* medal to add guilt. Just curious.

Guilt is considered the sixth dot, so anything that would get you to it will work. Like fusing a 6* w/3 dots and a 6* w/2 dots will get you a 6* with unlocked Guilt.

I'm only a global player, but I found this info yesterday.
A Mickey and Brooms medal can be used to automatically add one orb when synthesized onto a medal ranked 3★ and above. For a fully synthesized medal, this will instead activate Guilt.

This part has me a bit concerned about the scarcity of the medals:
You can obtain Mickey and Brooms medals by earning a high rank in the Coliseum at the end of the month, or through special promotions.
Hopefully, they won't be super rare (like the Socket Books in OPTC).

broz0rs

How many 6* medals are you guys able to fit into your 5 slot keyblades?

I'm afraid to use my Cid medals because of buyer's remorse if I pull a new, powerful medal.

I'm afraid to use my Cid medals because of buyer's remorse if I pull a new, powerful medal.
I am currently at 136 Cost. With that, I have 2 options:
- Two 6*, Three 5*, No Cid medals.
- Three 6*, Two 5*, 30 Cid medals (10 on each 6*).

As of right now, I'm sticking to option 1. :p

Pangya

Max cost right now at 200 with all cost nodes unlocked (including jewel boards) is 180. With that cost, you can fit in four 6* if you have 18 cost reduction, or five 6* with 50 cost reduction.

RalchAC

My cost right now is 120. I'm at level 100 and I haven't bought any premium costume so far, but that's going to change soon.

In any case, I only have 1 6* so far. And outside the level 140 quest I can clear everything, so I'm not in a hurry.

Razmos

Really don't have time for the amount of coins needed for the event, and don't think I'm strong enough for the advanced difficulty yet :(
On a happy note though, I got Black Coat Riku from the FF pull

broz0rs

Max cost right now at 200 with all cost nodes unlocked (including jewel boards) is 180. With that cost, you can fit in four 6* if you have 18 cost reduction, or five 6* with 50 cost reduction.

yikes.. seems like I have some work to do in this game.

Kinsei

Banned
My daily pull got me KH Cloud! I said I'd stop doing them once I got one of the new medals and thankfully I ended up gettign the one I wanted most. Time to get this bad boy to 6*!

Top Bottom