• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Malyse

I'm only a global player, but I found this info yesterday.

This part has me a bit concerned about the scarcity of the medals:

Hopefully, they won't be super rare (like the Socket Books in OPTC).

You'll get a lot more Brooms medals which you can combine with Sorcerer Mickey medals to get Mickey and Brooms. They are about as rare as Sorceror Mickey and there are quests specifically for them.

comatsu

This my current red lineup. Since today is the day I can get red evolve/xp stuff, what do you guys suggest focusing on?

My jewel rolls have been pretty crap so far...

8q7EJbA.jpg

Yay made my first 6* medal and holy shit the cost of the medals ended up only 2 short of the limit lol.

I would kill for a decent magic medal doe. Mickey is still the only one I have and Starlight has 2 magic slots. I already have decent enough speed medals with Limit Form and Stich and attack medal with KH Riku but right now I am forced to have a crappy Goofy on one of dem blue slots :(

This my current red lineup. Since today is the day I can get red evolve/xp stuff, what do you guys suggest focusing on?

My jewel rolls have been pretty crap so far...

A red team I would go...

BC Riku
Sora
Wakka
Young Herc

Paine is not that great honestly compared to the other FFX-2 characters.

As much as I hate to leave the party I started, nobody else is really close to my level, so it feels like I'm pretty much playing alone.

Do any higher level parties have an open spot?

CLOOGR
Level 115

Rnr1224

got my first 6 star with Black coat Riku. Love it so far! Now I am gonna start working toward at least one more for Speed and Magic. Any suggestions? Im thinking KH II Sora Ver B for speed and then Vivi for magic.

botty

Banned
Have been pretty much deciding everything on my own, but I wanted to see what gaf thought about what I should be using:

I also am playing solo, aee there benefits to joining a party?

Free gems, Team raids, and sharing better medals. Also you get more prizes during the end of week results. Based on your medals/stats idk if you even need a team though

Famassu

Gah, I didn't notice the cost of medals went up that much with the move from 5* to 6*

Now I have one useless speed medal due to insufficient cost points. Aerisuuuuuuuu! :__;

How do I get more medals that are used for attacking? I'm using like the same five I started with and its a little boring. I'm pretty new to this game, only at mission 30.

Primus

How do I get more medals that are used for attacking? I'm using like the same five I started with and its a little boring. I'm pretty new to this game, only at mission 30.

Gacha pulls using Jewels. You will rarely get medal drops from quests, but those free medals pretty much all suck. Save up your Jewels and do one or two 10-pulls, that should be enough of a foundation to get you going.

Pejo

Are multi-hit medals always worth leveling up over big single hit medals? I'm torn on which of my power medals I want to 6* first. I kinda like the big hitters, but they seem to limit your lux gain and are bad for eggs and other 1hp enemies.

Famassu

And if you can't afford it, how do you get more jjewels?
Every now and then quests give you jewels (something like every 10th quest gives you 150 jewels), finishing all the different special quests will also give you a little bit of jewels the first time you finish them (30 IIRC), logging in every day gives un an increasing number of jewels up to a point before it resets (first 50, then 100 maybe for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th days and then 200 on the fifth and then it resets back to 50).

Of course you can always buy them, but that's not really all that necessary unless you want to (have the chance to) get tons of good medals quickly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are multi-hit medals always worth leveling up over big single hit medals? I'm torn on which of my power medals I want to 6* first. I kinda like the big hitters, but they seem to limit your lux gain and are bad for eggs and other 1hp enemies.

My 6* Stitch (not max level, only 11% guilt) boosted by Aerith against a blue enemy (weakness) hits for over 16k for 1 meter. Not all medals are equal, but when you can dish out that damage with ease? Hell, even my Pence + Goofy combo (neither maxed anything) deal around 15-16k between the two skills. Once I level DiZ and finish Riku, it's going to be silly damage.

It's all relative, of course. I think 6* farmable medals with guilt are going to give you adequate results compared to gacha only. Stitch is hitting about as strong (if not stronger) than my Black Coat Riku (not maxed, no dots). Obviously a few dots and maxed, that Riku will out damage Stitch in most all cases, but don't write off single hit damage dealers, either. I think a lot of them have big boosts when the enemy has an ailment going on. I haven't tested it yet, but I want to with my Poison skill.

Wazzy

Banned
If anyone is looking for a party we have plenty of space on Vulpes! Most of us are very active.

Also at level 138! I'm gonna farm guard armour a bit more.
Hahahahah
I had a feeling someone would post something like that after my post lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone know on which stage i can farm/get Selphie ? She seems like a solid choice with her Special only using 1 Gauge. Or are there better farmable Magic units ? I have Auron as a 6* but looking to work on a 2nd.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there still room in the party on Unicornis? If not, I can always switch to Vulpis with some medals.

Oh, and where do I find my ID? I must be blind.

Boogiepop

Okay, I BADLY need to replace the Dumbo chilling in my Magic setup. My options are Jiminy Cricket, Magician Donald, Donald A, and Selphie. Of those, who is least bad? (In theory I'd consider some more gacha rolls with the jewels, but right now saving up for outfits for cost is the priority).

Primus

Okay, I BADLY need to replace the Dumbo chilling in my Magic setup. My options are Jiminy Cricket, Magician Donald, Donald A, and Selphie. Of those, who is least bad? (In theory I'd consider some more gacha rolls with the jewels, but right now saving up for outfits for cost is the priority).

Magician Donald and Selphie have multi-hit AOE specials with pretty low meter use (Selphie is 1, M.Donald is 2), so they're the best out of what you've got. That being said, they should be replaced with gacha medals as soon as you can.

Is this an unusually good pull for my first 3 pull? Or is it pretty standard?

Black Suit Riku is pretty much the best medal we have access to right now, so that's a good pull right there. Tifa's ok, Abu is crap.

Wazzy

Banned
Is there still room in the party on Unicornis? If not, I can always switch to Vulpis with some medals.

Oh, and where do I find my ID? I must be blind.
You go to options and then player information! Should be in top right corner of your profile.

Also if you decide to go to Vulpes hit me up with a pm.

Primus

So higher stars isn't necessarily better? How do I make the most out of Black Suit Rikku? Can I raise his star ranking?

Level up the medal to max with Huey/Dewey/Louie medals (at 4*, max level is 60), then evolve it to the next rank.

All medals can be ranked up from 1* to 6*, but certain medals are inherently better than others.

Boogiepop

Magician Donald and Selphie have multi-hit AOE specials with pretty low meter use (Selphie is 1, M.Donald is 2), so they're the best out of what you've got. That being said, they should be replaced with gacha medals as soon as you can.
Thanks! And yeah, I've had horrible luck with Magic medals from the gacha so far, but once I have a bit better cost going I'll need to start putting some jewels towards that again.

jimwhat

got my first 6 star with Black coat Riku. Love it so far! Now I am gonna start working toward at least one more for Speed and Magic. Any suggestions? Im thinking KH II Sora Ver B for speed and then Vivi for magic.

Master Form Sora (Speed) is slightly stronger than KH 2 Sora

Edit: For people that played the Japanese version, what's the best way to earn coins after completing all of the quests w/o paying for them?

Malyse

What's the limit of Chip and Dale usage on one 6*?
+1000/+1000
Master Form Sora (Speed) is slightly stronger than KH 2 Sora

Edit: For people that played the Japanese version, what's the best way to earn coins after completing all of the quests w/o paying for them?
Invalid question. The way you would get extra jewels in JP was removed in NA. That's assuming you mean jewels and not coliseum, event, or avatar coins, none of which can be purchased.

Top Bottom