• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

jimwhat

+1000/+1000

Invalid question. The way you would get extra jewels in JP was removed in NA. That's assuming you mean jewels and not coliseum, event, or avatar coins, none of which can be purchased.

Sorry, I meant Jewels, just blanked on the name. That's what I was worried about. The game is fine right now, but seems like it might be difficult to get any new medals in the future without dropping $15 each time.

TheMink

Just learned about guilt bonus... So I have a bunch of 6* already. I have invested a ton into KH Cloud in particular, can I still utilize the guilt somehow?

Primus

Sorry, I meant Jewels, just blanked on the name. That's what I was worried about. The game is fine right now, but seems like it might be difficult to get any new medals in the future without dropping $15 each time.

Daily login rewards earn you 600-750 jewels/week depending on where your cycle lands. Between that and events, you should be able to earn enough F2P for a 10-pull every month, and from here on out it'll be wise to have 3k in the bank for the limited-time gacha pools that'll be filled with OP medals.

Just learned about guilt bonus... So I have a bunch of 6* already. I have invested a ton into KH Cloud in particular, can I still utilize the guilt somehow?

First off, you have to get all the way through the current allotment of quests (200) and get the Power Bangle to unlock Guilt.

From there on out, consider Guilt to be the sixth dot on your medals. Once you fuse enough same medals together to unlock Guilt, it'll randomly roll the Guilt percentage depending on what quality of Guilt that medal has. If your percentage sucks, you can fuse another 6* version of the same medal into it, and it'll reroll Guilt with the bonus of never going lower than your current amount.

There's no reason why you can't, but it will be more difficult than if you had started earlier because you'll need multiple copies of the 6* medals, which can be quite time consuming, especially if the medal is only available from the gacha.

jimwhat

Daily login rewards earn you 600-750 jewels/week depending on where your cycle lands. Between that and events, you should be able to earn enough F2P for a 10-pull every month, and from here on out it'll be wise to have 3k in the bank for the limited-time gacha pools that'll be filled with OP medals.

First off, you have to get all the way through the current allotment of quests (200) and get the Power Bangle to unlock Guilt.

From there on out, consider Guilt to be the sixth dot on your medals. Once you fuse enough same medals together to unlock Guilt, it'll randomly roll the Guilt percentage depending on what quality of Guilt that medal has. If your percentage sucks, you can fuse another 6* version of the same medal into it, and it'll reroll Guilt with the bonus of never going lower than your current amount.

Isn't the Daily Login Reward only for this month though?

TheMink

There's no reason why you can't, but it will be more difficult than if you had started earlier because you'll need multiple copies of the 6* medals, which can be quite time consuming, especially if the medal is only available from the gacha.

Mmm got it. Makes sense. I'll probably just jam straight to 200 then. At 170 currently, I've been taking story super slow, but I'm regretting it now haha.

broz0rs

same here. I learned about guilt last night and I have a few 6* medals created. definitely feel annoyed by it. I feel I have to start all over again. (not a new account, but leveling characters)

Primus

same here. I learned about guilt last night and I have a few 6* medals created. definitely feel annoyed by it. I feel I have to start all over again. (not a new account, but leveling characters)

Guilt and chasing the high percentages is part of the endgame, so don't feel bad that you've leveled up some 6*s in an inefficient way. You'll get more medals over time and slowly be able to get them to 6*.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Remember that you won't lock yourself out of guilt, you'll just have to invest more money and materials to get it. You'll always require multiples of a medal to get dots and guilt. There are efficient ways of guilting medals, but those are much more suited towards either mass gacha pulls (like pulling 3 or 4 10x pulls in a row) or farmable medals. The reason is because you NEED multiple copies of a medal at 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars in order to do the guilting efficiently.

So if you have a 6* Cloud and pull a new 3* Cloud, you aren't really "screwed" in the way some of you are thinking. Instead, it just means you'll need to level and evolve your 3* Cloud all the way to 6* before you'll see the dots (and eventually the guilt). You'll always need 7 copies of a medal to get the guilt unlocked. If you happen to snag multiple copies of the same medal, that's when you want to check the charts to make sure you fuse efficiently (to save money and time).

JTran2003

Downloaded the game a few days ago and just started to really play today. Still trying to figure things out (medal upgrades, efficient leveling methods, guilt, etc) but so far enjoying it. Tried doing some of the daily stuff but not leveled up enough so that will just have to wait. Munny is definitely an issue but I feel like that can be said about any game at the beginning. Will continue to read the guides and such to figure this game out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any source for the farmables units per Mission? Still looking for Selphie but haven't found the right Island/Mission yet.

RalchAC

How is everybody doing with the event? I need 1800 more coins and I will finish the male board.

Rewards are higher by 50 jewels, so they will go down to 250/5 days instead of 500 once the first month is over.

The extra 50 gems promotion have already ended I think. The announcement said it lasted until the April 17.

Right now you get a cumulative login bonus (which lately has only given me titles) and a login streak bonus.

How is everybody doing with the event? I need 1800 more coins and I will finish the male board.

1200 for me. My current level is working out pretty great in that I can do 10 runs of the advanced stage and be leveling up just when my AP runs out (factoring in Raid Bosses). If I were to just sit down and grind out the rest of the coins in one sitting I don't think it'd take more than a couple of hours, really.

I finally got my first Guilted hero.
FHOdp8i.jpg

Ironically enough, I got KH2 Cloud in a pull yesterday. Although, Herc might be better to keep in my team with the guilt.

Malrend

So up until now, I haven't really been all that lucky with my medals.
This time I'd like to think I was rewarded for my patience.. Or something.

2xqef13m.jpg

TheMink

Remember that you won't lock yourself out of guilt, you'll just have to invest more money and materials to get it. You'll always require multiples of a medal to get dots and guilt. There are efficient ways of guilting medals, but those are much more suited towards either mass gacha pulls (like pulling 3 or 4 10x pulls in a row) or farmable medals. The reason is because you NEED multiple copies of a medal at 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars in order to do the guilting efficiently.

So if you have a 6* Cloud and pull a new 3* Cloud, you aren't really "screwed" in the way some of you are thinking. Instead, it just means you'll need to level and evolve your 3* Cloud all the way to 6* before you'll see the dots (and eventually the guilt). You'll always need 7 copies of a medal to get the guilt unlocked. If you happen to snag multiple copies of the same medal, that's when you want to check the charts to make sure you fuse efficiently (to save money and time).

Ok that's good, I saw someone on reddit saying that getting a 6* early was a lock out which didn't make sense to me. I don't mind getting more of the same stuff to six, I actually enjoy that process.

I've been so focused on using my quest unlock to level up a bunch of medals that I haven't even started the event yet. Gonna have to get on that.

comatsu

Any suggestions on the best lineup for my blue medals? I did this yesterday with my red medals and got some good advice.

My blue keyblade is still missing the unlock of the last slot, so can only equip four medals until we get some sort of expansion or way to get orichalcum...

4QYbUia.jpg

Any suggestions on the best lineup for my blue medals? I did this yesterday with my red medals and got some good advice.

My blue keyblade is still missing the unlock of the last slot, so can only equip four medals until we get some sort of expansion or way to get orichalcum...
Yuna is worth getting guilt, so I would go all the way with her.
Sephie is meh, but I guess you got no choice. I would say 6* then use her for EXP dump IMO.
Donald A is alright, gotten use out of him.

I would say a team of Yuna, Donald, Leon, Mickey, and Yuffie IMO. Tinkerbell can replace Yuffie if doing the challenge run since healing is nice.

So up until now, I haven't really been all that lucky with my medals.
This time I'd like to think I was rewarded for my patience.. Or something.

2xqef13m.jpg
Very nice, all good medals.

Ironically enough, I got KH2 Cloud in a pull yesterday. Although, Herc might be better to keep in my team with the guilt.
I found Young Herc very useful in Raids since he has a group attack.

cw_sasuke

I wanted to save up some stones but not being able to figure out were i can farm Selphie kinda pissed me off so i went for a Daily pull.

Okay thats was pretty awesome, all 3 units are new for me and two of them come with a skill.

Still looking for Selphie farming spots though.

4QYbUia.jpg

I dont know Yuffie skills - but i would get Auron and Squall/Leon to 6* level as your heavy hitters - their specials are especially nice 1 turning Colloseum stages. Pinkerbell is nice as well but you can keep her on 5*, not worth the 6* upgrade since her healing ability doesnt get better.

With those 3 core members you already have a nice squad - you might also wanna farm/level Olette as a booster for your main damage dealer.

Nice congrats - still working on my first one. Stitch...maybe i can get it done this weekend.

OK, so I caved in and got the 1,700 + 1,300 special pack in order to afford the 10 medal offering. I went for the KH/FF bundle.

I'm so glad I did, because take a look at this!

That's my fourth Selphie, by the way. She'll probably be the first medal I max out.

TheMink

OK, so I caved in and got the 1,700 + 1,300 special pack in order to afford the 10 medal offering. I went for the KH/FF bundle.

That's my fourth Selphie, by the way. She'll probably be the first medal I max out.

Epic! I love that deal, the fact that it opens all the specials to cannot be overlooked. You can get anything you want to 6 in like 30 min or less. Also I would kill for Vivi and Auron. My Blue medals are so many tiers worse than my Red and Green...

Side note: this event grind is the worst.

Epic! I love that deal, the fact that it opens all the specials to cannot be overlooked. You can get anything you want to 6 in like 30 min or less. Also I would kill for Vivi and Auron. My Blue medals are so many tiers worse than my Red and Green...

Side note: this event grind is the worst.

Yeah, having all special missions opened up is great. Only problem is that I want to save for the Disney 10-medal bundle (currently at ~2000, so I'll just need to continue along the story to get enough by the end of today) and I don't want to spend anything to increase my medal capacity just yet.

What's a good number for medal capacity? 100?

TheMink

@ Poltergust I feel pretty good at 90. By that I mean I haven't felt particularly inclined to raise it since.

Does this game ever become more than a simple gear check? Not really feeling much depth from it at this point.

I would say that the games get progressively more puzzle oriented on how best to one turn everything.

Additionally I personally really enjoy making medals and upgrading and farming.

cw_sasuke

Some nice medlas you got there !!

Tell me on which stage Selphie drops if you ever figure it out lol.

Oh man, Yuffie absolutely breaks the EXP medal special missions. Trying to tackle a Level 50 Prize Egg but are still in the teens? No problem, just have Yuffie 1-shot everyone.

Wazzy

Banned
The whole top 10 on Vulpes is cheaters. It's really crappy they're not banning them more often because the same people have been there all week.

Althane

Yeah, having all special missions opened up is great. Only problem is that I want to save for the Disney 10-medal bundle (currently at ~2000, so I'll just need to continue along the story to get enough by the end of today) and I don't want to spend anything to increase my medal capacity just yet.

What's a good number for medal capacity? 100?

Depends on how many medals you want to save up for Guilting. And how much you want to save for the weekly Evo/XP cycle.

I'm rocking 95, probably will upgrade to 100. I just like being able to not worry as much about inventory management.

Top Bottom