• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Primus

Looks like the schedule will be 50 new quests every 2 weeks, then? That would gel with the next story release being in May, two weeks from tomorrow is the first week of May.

Means I'll be able to max out my Lady Luck tomorrow, so that's nice.

jimwhat

Agrabah was probably my favorite, since Aladdin seemed to be the only character who didn't want to bother the MC, and thanked him for everything; all of the others just expected the MC to help them.

I'm in a semi desperate need for one additional good magic medal. I already have the Mickey but I might just upgrade one of these low star Yunas I have.

I could try daily pull or something but I'm too scared to get more medals I don't want. I'm kinda pondering if I should start upping my medal limit, 50 starts to be pretty brutal.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm in a semi desperate need for one additional good magic medal. I already have the Mickey but I might just upgrade one of these low star Yunas I have.

I could try daily pull or something but I'm too scared to get more medals I don't want. I'm kinda pondering if I should start upping my medal limit, 50 starts to be pretty brutal.

Yuna's decent. I'd up that storage to at least 100 if I were you.

chrono01

Please tell me the story gets better eventually. I'm at something like...150 in the main story quest, and I seriously could not be any more dis-interested in the story. I've heard the events really start when you hit 200 and that the earlier ones are (more-or-less) an extended tutorial. Is that true?

Also, I'm getting close to getting enough to do another ten-pull, but I'll probably wait for the Organization XIII medal batch which we should be getting after the current one(s) end. So many of those medals are top-tier, so I'm definitely going to wait for that. At least, I think I read it was next. Our releases aren't exactly following the Japanese version 100% accurately, so anything is possible...

I guess tomorrow I'll just plow through the 50 missions for the 1500 jewels even though I plan on buying the $50 jewel pack so I can buy the rest of the premium avatar boards and unlock those nodes.

DigtialT

I've skipped every cut scene in this game since I first got to wonderland. And every time I don't skip, the stuff I watch is uninteresting as hell. If there is a good story hidden in there, I missed it.

I wonder how we're going to go from helping Aladdin catch a heartless thief to this :

Keyblade-Graveyard.jpg

AQUA PLS

Please tell me the story gets better eventually. I'm at something like...150 in the main story quest, and I seriously could not be any more dis-interested in the story. I've heard the events really start when you hit 200 and that the earlier ones are (more-or-less) an extended tutorial. Is that true?

Also, I'm getting close to getting enough to do another ten-pull, but I'll probably wait for the Organization XIII medal batch which we should be getting after the current one(s) end. So many of those medals are top-tier, so I'm definitely going to wait for that. At least, I think I read it was next. Our releases aren't exactly following the Japanese version 100% accurately, so anything is possible...

Yes you're a regular speed demon -.-

chrono01

Unchained? Story?

bellylaugh

Now I'll be going before Malyse gets here :3
Please, Malayse. Give me hope!

Yes you're a regular speed demon -.-
There's a reason I'm so slow, everything is so boring! Don't worry, I did something like 25 quests earlier today and will likely do another 20 before I call it quits for the day. Unless the game bores me to sleep...

Please, Malayse. Give me hope that the story gets better!

Boogiepop

Okay, in the crappy medal race, if it's down to a 5 star Selphie or a 5 star Olette, who should I choose? Not sure how useful the boost effect is...

SoulUnison

Banned
The Weekly Jewel Extravaganza advertisement every single time you start the app is so goddamn tacky.

There's also a real need for a "don't show me Notices again today" button.

DigtialT

Holy crap is the guest medal selction for solo players TRASH sometimes. I've seen 3, yes ONLY 3, medals offered one time, and each one was a 2* Donald.

also

Banned
Holy crap is the guest medal selction for solo players TRASH sometimes. I've seen 3, yes ONLY 3, medals offered one time, and each one was a 2* Donald.
There have been times I've only been offered a single Donald... Thankfully, it's very easy to reset the guest medal list, though it's a bit of a pain when it takes 5+ resets to get something good. The game should really reward you each time someone borrows your medal to entice players to actually share their good stuff. Even if it was something minimal like 500 munny.

So, I figure I'll ask here what my best options are with what I've got. Everyone is 5 Stars except for KH 2 Cloud being 6 star. Also, Scrooge has Defense Boost 1, anybody I should use it on particularly?

Code:
[IMG]http://imgur.com/j7qxYkp.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sWeAsPf.png[/IMG]

JTripper

My theory is our characters are basically the soldiers that are gonna fall in the Keyblade War. Very dark fate compared to the tone and style of Unchained but hey it makes sense (to me at least).

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay, in the crappy medal race, if it's down to a 5 star Selphie or a 5 star Olette, who should I choose? Not sure how useful the boost effect is...

Olette is downright awful but the buff to the next unit is awesome.

If you've got one good blue medal like Auron it's worth putting Olette before, but otherwise everything else is generally better.

Boogiepop

Olette is downright awful but the buff to the next unit is awesome.

If you've got one good blue medal like Auron it's worth putting Olette before, but otherwise everything else is generally better.
Yeah, I do at least have an Auron, so maybe I'll give her a try in that configuration and see if the net damage output works out to something any better than with Selphie there instead...

I have 2 5* DiZ. Would it be worth using both at the start of a turn or should I just combine them? (I use DiZ on all my keys, regardless of color theme).

Primus

Current pet peeves:

No way to sort the Friends medal list. Every time I play a level, the damn list shuffles and I have to go hunting for the 6* Black Suit Riku or 6* Peter Pan.

The hideous drop rate on Flora, Fauna and Merriweather evo medals. Most of the time I get one per run, and that's only the guaranteed drop from the boss. Anywhere from 1-3 other chests in the level, and they usually drop Moogles. Gonna suck even more when half AP is done and it's 20 AP/run.

RalchAC

Why does everybody hate Agrabah? Because it's been used in most games or something? I just don't care. Aladin is, along Lion King, my favorite classic Disney film. I have the 3 of them in VHS somewhere, the 3 of them! Eventhough the sequels aren't as good iirc.

Can't wait to see it in KH3 too.

Famassu

Why does everybody hate Agrabah? Because it's been used in most games or something? I just don't care. Aladin is, along Lion King, my favorite classic Disney film. I have the 3 of them in VHS somewhere, the 3 of them! Eventhough the sequels aren't as good iirc.

Can't wait to see it in KH3 too.
I don't have any problems with Agrabah in any past games. But in this, the game is already so devoid of any kind of interesting level design that having to run back & forth between the same few screens just makes the game even more boring than it already is. It wouldn't be so bad if there was an actually interesting story to follow, but in this it's all worthless "Find Aladdin" for six quests in Agrabah -> "Find the real thief" for six quests in Agrabah -> "catch the thief" for six quests in Agrabah -> "Find the rest of the medals stolen by the thief" for six quests in Agrabah" -> "Return the medals" for six quests in Agrabah.

Top Bottom