• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

Why does it seem like I'm always my laziest on Magic Exp medal days. My magic medals are still relatively shitty. :/

EDIT: So what's the recommended order of getting all the slots open for keyblades? I only have Starlight leveled beyond its fifth slot opening. What is the next best thing? I currently have Treasure Trove & Lady Luck waiting for that second orichalcum to open the fifth slot in both, Three Wishes still needs 3 levels to get to that point and lulz Olympia has only 3 slots open... >_>; Getting that fifth slot open for different coloured keyblades would help some in getting better results in quests.

Why does it seem like I'm always my laziest on Magic Exp medal days. My magic medals are still relatively shitty. :/

EDIT: So what's the recommended order of getting all the slots open for keyblades? I only have Starlight leveled beyond its fifth slot opening. What is the next best thing? I currently have Treasure Trove & Lady Luck waiting for that second orichalcum to open the fifth slot in both, Three Wishes still needs 3 levels to get to that point and lulz Olympia has only 3 slots open... >_>; Getting that fifth slot open for different coloured keyblades would help some in getting better results in quests.

Depends entirely on what your best medals are I'd say. For example if you got multiple sick magic medals just dump all upgrades to Three Wishes ect.

Famassu

Depends entirely on what your best medals are I'd say. For example if you got multiple sick magic medals just dump all upgrades to Three Wishes ect.
Speed & Power are fairly strong for me. Both have one 6* medal (well, speed has two but I don't have enough cost to use both...) and several 5* medals all leveled up. Magic is the weakest for me right now.

Was just wondering if it's maybe better to open the fifth slot in Treasure Trove first because Starlight already has 2 green bonus slots and IIRC only one red one, so opening the fifth slot in a keyblade with several red bonus-slots might be more beneficial than opening a fifth slot in Lady Luck. Though I guess with the new story missions, I shouldn't worry too much since I can level up both pretty quickly.

Is Olympia a good keyblade? I've hardly leveled it up.

Kinsei

Banned
Speed & Power are fairly strong for me. Both have one 6* medal (well, speed has two but I don't have enough cost to use both...) and several 5* medals all leveled up. Magic is the weakest for me right now.

Was just wondering if it's maybe better to open the fifth slot in Treasure Trove first because Starlight already has 2 green bonus slots and IIRC only one red one, so opening the fifth slot in a keyblade with several red bonus-slots might be more beneficial than opening a fifth slot in Lady Luck. Though I guess with the new story missions, I shouldn't worry too much since I can level up both pretty quickly.

Is Olympia a good keyblade? I've hardly leveled it up.

Olympia is crap right now. It can't even get five medal slots.

Falk

that puzzling face
New content. Yaaaay --> stage 201-208 so far feels like when you're playing KH half asleep and forgot what you wanted to do and you're aimlessly wandering around Tarzan world.

TheMink

So, I figure I'll ask here what my best options are with what I've got. Everyone is 5 Stars except for KH 2 Cloud being 6 star. Also, Scrooge has Defense Boost 1, anybody I should use it on particularly?

Code:
[IMG]http://imgur.com/j7qxYkp.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sWeAsPf.png[/IMG]

Well you have a lot of very good medals to choose from. I personally chose to invest everything into KH1 Cloud.

Malyse

NOPE. Unlock Treasure Trove ASAP.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want Queen Minnie SO bad, but I keep getting other shit. KH Cloud (my Power team is already stacked), Captain Goofy (??), another Sora Ver B. Give me Queen Minnie!!!

For those asking, I honestly believe that the 3 elemental keyblades are the way to go. You can focus fire your way through missions, events, raids, etc. I'm upset I even put one orichalcum on my Starlight.

E: Also grinding away at the event still. It's really boring running this mission over and over and over...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man im stupid. For some reason I thouht Vivi and Dizs active only enhance the single unit that attacks after you use their active... But instead it seems to be for the whole turn.

This changes everything... lol.

Found one!!!! Mission 115 dropped it for me.

I just happened to return to it because I couldn't beat the big dude down the stairs first try.
Thanks, I will give that stage a shot later.

Well you have a lot of very good medals to choose from. I personally chose to invest everything into KH1 Cloud.

Cool, thanks! I just didn't know what I should try to go to 6 star next, didn't want to try and invest time in medals that aren't really worth it especially considering I don't know how may I can get cost-wise on any given keyblade. Especially after investing way too much time to get a lot of those up to 5 star.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cool, thanks! I just didn't know what I should try to go to 6 star next, didn't want to try and invest time in medals that aren't really worth it especially considering I don't know how may I can get cost-wise on any given keyblade. Especially after investing way too much time to get a lot of those up to 5 star.

You can't go wrong with Cloud, Black Coat Riku, Auron, or Squall. The hardest stage of the current event is Red, so if you have a good Blue team, you can sweep through it pretty easily. Keep that in mind if you're looking to finish the event boards within the next 10 days.

TheMink

Man im stupid. For some reason I thouht Vivi and Dizs active only enhance the single unit that attacks after you use their active... But instead it seems to be for the whole turn.

This changes everything... lol.

Thanks, I will give that stage a shot later.

Just found a Selphie on 176 as well.

Ilvocare

So yesterday when I was violently stuffing my magic medals with planes to make them stronger, I dumped the 3k jewels on the Disney set because I desperately wanted stronger Magic medals.

I regret my purchase, 7 out of the 10 medals are Cure or Defense-boost based.

that's not what I fucking NEED dammit

I NEED... MORE... POWER...

[inner Vergil intensifies]

EDIT: Also I can't help but feel that once May hits the gacha fatigue is going to be so fucking real. The loss of Half AP on all quests is gonna fucking HURT.

EDIT: Also I can't help but feel that once May hits the gacha fatigue is going to be so fucking real. The loss of Half AP on all quests is gonna fucking HURT.
That is why I have been planning to get as much stuff done before May hits.
I will still play it but not pay as much for it.

Honestly I should focus on getting to level 200 before the cap increases.
Got all the cost nodes I could at level 126. Puts me over 150 cost.

Falk

that puzzling face

I'm not so sure about that. Provided you've set up your 6* Wakkas for long-term grinding you should never run out of AP if you don't want to.

Burnout and/or waning interest probably -will- hit to a significant degree, but it'll be from having too little to do, not having too little stamina to do it.

edit: For clarity, for foreseeable future, at least. Seems the grind to level/refill AP gets mildly tedious past lv200 or so, even if it's still technically unending refills.

I wanna do a daily pull so baaaad but I know they won't give me any good magic medals ;-;

Can't even upgrade my shitty ones yet since I lack dem evolve medals.

I have a question : Is killing the mimic counts toward the objective to kill all the enemies in one turn ? If no, then I'll probably try to do a second run not opening any chest and just beating enemies on my path...

So I got this roll...
CglF2p2WwAA0ivF
Please do not ban me Falk!

Falk

that puzzling face
I have a question : Is killing the mimic counts toward the objective to kill all the enemies in one turn ? If no, then I'll probably try to do a second run not opening any chest and just beating enemies on my path...

You have to kill everything unless I was half asleep when testing this.

Malyse

Correct. This includes mimics and eggs. Fortunately, you can retry the stage and they might go away.
Does the story reach its conclusion with the latest 50 quests?
You shouldn't expect to see the end of a game approaching its third anniversary in less than a month. Cmon now son.

botty

Banned
I'm surprised they didn't try to make this game more like 358/2 days... Story wise. Literally nothing coherent has been occurring in this game since I started. Honestly it's all about collecting strong medals/weapons and looking cute.

blackflag

I'm really stupid. I have been playing this game on and off for the past couple weeks.

I saw avatar board and was like NOPE don't care how my avatar looks. Never once clicked on it or read the description.

For the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to figure out how to get more cost or AP.

OH......

Aru

Correct. This includes mimics and eggs. Fortunately, you can retry the stage and they might go away.

You shouldn't expect to see the end of a game approaching its third anniversary in less than a month. Cmon now son.

Well, I hope it'll will be over by the time KH3 is released. Gonna watch Back Cover as soon as I finish DDD though.

I'm really stupid. I have been playing this game on and off for the past couple weeks.

I saw avatar board and was like NOPE don't care how my avatar looks. Never once clicked on it or read the description.

For the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to figure out how to get more cost or AP.

OH......

Ha ha, I am surprised you never wondered about avatar points since story missions give them pretty often.

I question that too, as I'm trying to find Alice's handkerchief for the next 6 quests I assume.
I joked about being an Errand Boy, but then that quest happened.

Ok. Because I say this as I was trying to kill the mimic, got rekted, then try again the level, and the chest wasn't there anymore... so I was guessing it was an optional enemy only appearing randomly in levels, and would ultimately not counts toward the sub-objective...

I'm confused by how time works in this game.

I thought the Keyblade War took place waaaaaaay in the past, and this game is before that. However, we still see characters like Donald, Goofy, and Alice as if it were only a few days at the most before the events of KH1. What gives?

I tried paying attention to the story at first, but it was really mundane shit that kept me pressing the Skip button. I don't think we even found Abu yet, and that was around 80 missions ago unless I missed it.

Primus

I thought the Keyblade War took place waaaaaaay in the past, and this game is before that. However, we still see characters like Donald, Goofy, and Alice as if it were only a few days at the most before the events of KH1. What gives?

This will apparently be explained as the story goes on. Malyse has hinted to this upthread.

It's a dream/illusion/data/memory/alternate universe/timeline world or something. Don't worry about it. Nomura will find a way.

Malyse

I tried paying attention to the story at first, but it was really mundane shit that kept me pressing the Skip button. I don't think we even found Abu yet, and that was around 80 missions ago unless I missed it.

I really want to live in the reality where Kingdom Hearts has ever told its story well. Every game has had the problem of trying to figure out how to tell two stories at once and the only ones that that came anywhere close to doing it well are KH1 and BBS.

Ok. Because I say this as I was trying to kill the mimic, got rekted, then try again the level, and the chest wasn't there anymore... so I was guessing it was an optional enemy only appearing randomly in levels, and would ultimately not counts toward the sub-objective...
Eggs and Mimics do appear randomly, but count toward the objective.
It is BS I know, LOL. Also secret hard enemy heartless also counts.

Top Bottom