• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Welp, that sucks. Meant to get the female Sora costume with my jewels to finish off the jewel costumes my character can actually wear, and through some fluke ended up with the male one (and I could swear I was on the right one). Now I'm at an impass on whether to save up again and get the nice bonus of some extra cost in exchange for some serious waiting, or to perhaps instead start rolling for dailies again in the hopes of replacing some of my weaker crap like I had intended...

Malyse

I hate my OCD. I don't really want any of the Mickey Event costumes but I need to grind them or it'll nag me once it's over.

Feels good to be able to equip 3x6* medals doe. Rocking fully evolved Limit Form, King Mickey and KH1 Riku, one of each colour!
You are so fucked. This game is going to fuck with you so hard when we start getting limited ranking outfits.

Primus

Looks like we might be getting Sephiroth, Pooh/Piglet, Axel, Mickey + Brooms, Hades, and Shadow medals soon (also some others like Genie but who cares about them) if the PAX poster is anything to go by.

That is an...interesting choice of new medals to tease. That's Dark Axel, if I'm seeing the medal right, and that medal just came out in February on JP side. Sephiroth was November, Pooh & Piglet were Christmas. Either they're just being bastards and showing us medals we're not going to see for months, or they're greatly accelerating the timetable for Global.

Kinsei

Banned
That is an...interesting choice of new medals to tease. That's Dark Axel, if I'm seeing the medal right, and that medal just came out in February on JP side. Sephiroth was November, Pooh & Piglet were Christmas. Either they're just being bastards and showing us medals we're not going to see for months, or they're greatly accelerating the timetable for Global.

I think they'll accelerate us to catch up to Japan as quickly as possible without overwhelming us. They could want us all on an even playing field when Back Cover comes out.

Primus

I think they'll accelerate us to catch up to Japan as quickly as possible without overwhelming us. They could want us all on an even playing field when Back Cover comes out.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the holiday events that we missed out on in Global. They can't just skip them entirely, there's a lot of special medals and costumes and whatnot associated with them, but it'd be weird if Monday they just opened up the Halloween event.

duckroll

Been playing this really slow after the first few days. Got up to quest 86 or so now. I noticed they already added 50 new quests, so I don't think I'll ever run out if the updates outpace my playing speed. Lol!

Kinsei

Banned
It'll be interesting to see what they do with the holiday events that we missed out on in Global. They can't just skip them entirely, there's a lot of special medals and costumes and whatnot associated with them, but it'd be weird if Monday they just opened up the Halloween event.

Isn't that Minnie cut off on the right part of a Valentine's Day event?

No need to call it a Halloween event, call it a Nightmare Before Christmas event instead!

started from the bottom
mj9q8wsViNjVVhI0xYK8mj7RylIhjGdoGgt8UcMity-BV1Zb0br_TPUl9A6kpNncI9g8=h900
now we here

Malyse

Except, why are you expecting the West to get II.8 at the same time are Japan?

Primus

Isn't that Minnie cut off on the right part of a Valentine's Day event?

Oh hey, I missed that one. That does look like the Mickey & Minnie V-Day event medal.

BTW, if anyone is looking for general game information, a couple of long-term JP players run a Tumblr where they take questions from readers as well as dispense tips and knowledge. The place is filled with good stuff, though it can take some digging due to the Q&A format.

Today was a great day.

Firstly, RNG has smiled upon me. :D

Besides that, I've gotten a nice upgrade for all of my keyblades, due to the evo dungeons. I'm still suffering from lack of ST / AoE balance, but I'm in a far better position than I was last weekend.

Y. Herc is at 21%. Rikku and Wakka will be Guilted once I have more EXP medals.

I currently have Yuffie in W. Sora's place until I can afford his extra cost.

Razmos

The dress like mickey event is hideously boring. The amount of coins is needed is ridiculous and the way it works just feels like a boring slog.

Today was a great day.

Besides that, I've gotten a nice upgrade for all of my keyblades, due to the evo dungeons. I'm still suffering from lack of ST / AoE balance, but I'm in a far better position than I was last weekend.

So Proud \{*.*}\

RalchAC

2100 points more to go...

Only 30 more runs...

The event is terrible. I guess they made it soooo grindy because of the 1/2 stamina cost, but they've gone too far.

Are all of the future events similar to this one, or do they actually become fun / engaging? I'm going to complete both boards, but I can't see myself slogging through grindy events non-stop just for another costume I'll never wear + a few support medals that will allow myself to do that slog more efficiently. >_>

Are all of the future events similar to this one, or do they actually become fun / engaging? I'm going to complete both boards, but I can't see myself slogging through grindy events non-stop just for another costume I'll never wear + a few support medals that will allow myself to do that slog more efficiently. >_>

You'll slog and you'll enjoy it.

And they do get somewhat better.

Sort of.

Rootbeer

Banned
Casual GAF ***Unicorns*** party recruiting.

Only requirements are that you play regularly and keep up with party chat/maintaining your shared medals. We also have a LINE chat we use, happy to add you there! We have a lot of fun talking about the game and whatever else is on our minds.

Just PM me your Player ID, and your LINE username if you want to join us there as well

Fauve

Is there a schedule to the Munny dungeons? I've only seen it once so far, and in that time managed to amass about 700k through refreshing since I wasn't sure when I'd see it again. The evolutions and leveling I've done this week have drained by fortune a bit and Im worried I'll run out of Munny should I need to level/Evo more medals.

also

Banned
Is there a schedule to the Munny dungeons? I've only seen it once so far, and in that time managed to amass about 700k through refreshing since I wasn't sure when I'd see it again. The evolutions and leveling I've done this week have drained by fortune a bit and Im worried I'll run out of Munny should I need to level/Evo more medals.

It's 3 times per day for 30 minutes and although it's different for each user, the times are fixed. So if you remember when it was unlocked, check again around that time. Otherwise check periodically and hope for the best.

Fauve

It's 3 times per day for 30 minutes and although it's different for each user, the times are fixed. So if you remember when it was unlocked, check again around that time. Otherwise check periodically and hope for the best.

Ah gotcha. I guess I should just check every half hour or so until I see one then write it down. Thanks!

JTripper

Question and theory about the cutscene in mission 250:

Is the Anguis foreteller meant to appear in that cutscene or does your specific faction foreteller appear? I'm in Anguis anyway so I'm just wondering if maybe the latter could be true.

Theory:
Could the Dream Eaters be dead Chirithy type dudes who are forever destined for the dream realm since they're wielders died, causing them to die too, long ago in the keyblade war? Are dream eaters basically spirits inhabiting dreams so that when a world enters sleep they're able to visit it?

Just throwing this out there, I still manage to enjoy the game for what it is, but holy crap..... Every single quest is the the same thing over and over again. What the hell man. I can't believe they didn't include more Disney worlds than this. It's ridiculously bad and probably the most repetitive game I've ever played in my life. It hit me earlier at like stage 100, but now that I've played through the update adding 50 more levels, I'm just in shock.

Has anyone beaten the level 140 proud quest yet?

I tried one for the first time yesterday because I was feeling cocky and got obliterated. Very humbling.

I've been doing the Mickey board by doing the intermediate stage 5 times, which summons a behemoth. Basically I'm grinding for xp, coins, and xp medals all at the same time. I upgraded a 3rd medal to 6 stars so now I need as much cost/Cids as I can get to be able to re-equip my 5th medal.

Also, stage 222 is really good for refilling your gauge. Not sure if there are any earlier stages that have a similar setup but it's basically just a ton of red orb chests.

Malyse

Question and theory about the cutscene in mission 250:

Is the Anguis foreteller meant to appear in that cutscene or does your specific faction foreteller appear? I'm in Anguis anyway so I'm just wondering if maybe the latter could be true.

Theory:
Could the Dream Eaters be dead Chirithy type dudes who are forever destined for the dream realm since they're wielders died, causing them to die too, long ago in the keyblade war? Are dream eaters basically spirits inhabiting dreams so that when a world enters sleep they're able to visit it?

It's your union Foreteller.

Naw. There's reasons for that answer, but they are a spoiler.

Just throwing this out there, I still manage to enjoy the game for what it is, but holy crap..... Every single quest is the the same thing over and over again. What the hell man. I can't believe they didn't include more Disney worlds than this. It's ridiculously bad and probably the most repetitive game I've ever played in my life. It hit me earlier at like stage 100, but now that I've played through the update adding 50 more levels, I'm just in shock.

People complaining about pacing in a KH game like KH doesn't always have pacing issues. People complaining about pacing in an MMO like MMO's don't always have pacing issues. People complaining about grind in gatcha games like gatcha games aren't all about that grind. Why then wouldn't a KH MMO-style gatcha not have pacing issues compounded with grind? Of course it's repetitive.

That being said, Unchained is an inferior port to [chi] in any case. Also, this is moving much faster than [chi] and skipping events.

Yeah I had the same experience with FF Record Keeper. Hooks you in at first, but after awhile you realize it's just one long grind. Nothing wrong with that, that's just how these games are.

TheMink

Today was a great day.

It's worth it to run Diz on non red Keyblades?

Yeah I had the same experience with FF Record Keeper. Hooks you in at first, but after awhile you realize it's just one long grind. Nothing wrong with that, that's just how these games are.

That game is more varied at least. I'm seeing the exact same enemies and same 4 different worlds, listening to the same music tracks, for the entirety of the experience. All the other kingdom hearts games were far better in that regard. I mean, what van you expect from a free to play mobile game I guess. But seriously this is a terribly short sighted experience. Maybe they're really trying to spread it out to last a few years.

duckroll

Yup, just like 358/2 Days, except free!

People complaining about pacing in a KH game like KH doesn't always have pacing issues. People complaining about pacing in an MMO like MMO's don't always have pacing issues. People complaining about grind in gatcha games like gatcha games aren't all about that grind. Why then wouldn't a KH MMO-style gatcha not have pacing issues compounded with grind? Of course it's repetitive.

That being said, Unchained is an inferior port to [chi] in any case. Also, this is moving much faster than [chi] and skipping events.

That doesn't mean the developers can get away with using the same maps over and over again along with the same enemy types and everything else. (Actually I guess they CAN get away with it because we're all still playing it after all). However it's really worse in that regard than anything I've ever played. I can't think of another game that literally uses the same assets with this many stages/levels/missions. Would it be so hard to draw some new artwork?

duckroll

That doesn't mean the developers can get away with using the same maps over and over again along with the same enemy types and everything else. It's really worse in that regard than anything I've ever played. I can't think of another game that literally uses the same assets with this many stages/levels/missions. Would it be so hard to draw some new artwork?

358/2 Days was exactly the same but even worse because it was so slow. Same co-director too iirc.

358/2 Days was exactly the same but even worse because it was so slow. Same co-director too iirc.

That's pretty interesting if that's the case. I'm not opposed to good old fashion grinding for higher number equipment to beat those higher number enemies, but what's the end goal for Unchained? How far ahead is the Japanese version than us? I thought I read the browser version is done, so how far along did that ever go?

Malyse

That's pretty interesting if that's the case. I'm not opposed to good old fashion grinding for higher number equipment to beat those higher number enemies, but what's the end goal for Unchained? How far ahead is the Japanese version than us? I thought I read the browser version is done, so how far along did that ever go?

The Keyblade War.
mission 500.
It's not finished.

RalchAC

The only thing I remember about 358/2 Days was the arena mode where I could play as Riku, Mickey, some XIII Organisation members and other characters.

That was cool.

The story about Roxas and the blackhaired girl was weird. I'm sure it's not the weirdest thing ever seen in the series though, but I can't remember much of it.

Finally completed all story missions. When half AP goes away things gon be crazy.

I hope people don't go nuts in the coliseum next week so I can get dem 3x Scrooge :3

Primus

I'm starting to get this suspicion that we, the playerbase,
are all training to be fodder sent to die in the Keyblade War, in a terribly misguided attempt to create the chi-Blade

Dandte

most efficient way to get the extra cost from the premium avatar boards?

500>1000>1500? or do the 1500 have more cost slots than the 500?

Top Bottom