• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
most efficient way to get the extra cost from the premium avatar boards?

500>1000>1500? or do the 1500 have more cost slots than the 500?

They tell you how many cost you gain. I think the 500 and 1000 give 3 cost each? So you're best use of jewels is 2x500 unless you want all the extra Cid, Chip, and Dale medals.

Jeels

So my main issue is I never get enough evolve medals to evolve my battle medals? So I end up leveling up my main medals to max level and then they are just sitting there. Meanwhile, I acrue so many other medals except the evolve ones, and my storage gets full so quick even after expanding it.

Is it better to just save up currency and get one of those packs for four and five stars instead of trying to evolve my 2-3 stars?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So my main issue is I never get enough evolve medals to evolve my battle medals? So I end up leveling up my main medals to max level and then they are just sitting there. Meanwhile, I acrue so many other medals except the evolve ones, and my storage gets full so quick even after expanding it.

Is it better to just save up currency and get one of those packs for four and five stars instead of trying to evolve my 2-3 stars?

The best thing you can do is build your team evenly. Getting a team of 4-5* medals should be your first priority. Once you've done that, pick a good attack medal to focus on getting to 6*. Don't spread yourself too thin or you'll never make that leap in progress.

Jeels

The best thing you can do is build your team evenly. Getting a team of 4-5* medals should be your first priority. Once you've done that, pick a good attack medal to focus on getting to 6*. Don't spread yourself too thin or you'll never make that leap in progress.

Looks like the only way to do that is to buy a few packs and build a deck around those rolls, and just dropping the 3 and 4 star medals I'm trying to level up right now...

Psxphile

The constant teasing with 1-2 star drops of common medals is terrible. You can easily accumulate enough medals of each type to 6star6dot+guilt each one but the amount of grinding you need to do to get it there is massive and in the end, except for maybe Stitch none of them are worth a damn compared to exclusive-to-pulls medals.

G7nuQoj.jpg

^ me playing khux

xclk07

I tried one for the first time yesterday because I was feeling cocky and got obliterated. Very humbling.

I just had this experience. Leveled up my red medals on maxed T. Trove to 5* over the weekend and easily beat the 2nd Green mission event. Leveled up Diz to 6*, already have a 6* KH1 Cloud and thought, cool, I can do the 3rd mission too!

Nope, killed on the 1st enemy. Unreal. I have a feeling we'll need all 6* medals before we can do these.

CRS

Defense Boost and Heals will most likely be key. I guess aside from having them 6⭐.

Probably two medals with Defense Boost since it's only a 47% chance?.

Primus

Our first special event medal is available, Timeless River Mickey. You have to clear one of the top-end Proud Quest stages by 11:59pm PST on May 4th, and you'll receive the medal at 3am on May 5th.

That being said, the medal's kind of crap. It's a Speed, fixed-damage AOE with high Guilt. But considering it's essentially free, there you go.

Razmos

How the hell are we supposed to beat a level 140 quest? Lots of continues I assume?

Edit: lol, just tried one, barely put a dent in the first enemy and then got one shotted, wow.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just had this experience. Leveled up my red medals on maxed T. Trove to 5* over the weekend and easily beat the 2nd Green mission event. Leveled up Diz to 6*, already have a 6* KH1 Cloud and thought, cool, I can do the 3rd mission too!

Nope, killed on the 1st enemy. Unreal. I have a feeling we'll need all 6* medals before we can do these.

The green one in particular seems like a 6* check. 5*s barely do any damage, 6*s do decent damage.

Feels like you basically need 4 6*s to do it, which means it's a check to see if you've got close to 180 cost or so to equip four of them with a decent number of Cids.

I've come very, very close with my 3x 6* team. Just gotta put in the time to grind character levels to get more HP and cost.

How the hell are we supposed to beat a level 140 quest? Lots of continues I assume?

Edit: lol, just tried one, barely put a dent in the first enemy and then got one shotted, wow.

Specifically you can't continue if you want to do the requirements.

Psxphile

Sounds like you only need to beat one of the Lv.140 quests to qualify for the rare medal, and you don't need to complete any of the objectives to do that.

I'm nowhere near ready to tackle them yet, despite completing all the story quests available. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sounds like you only need to beat one of the Lv.140 quests to qualify for the rare medal, and you don't need to complete any of the objectives to do that.

I'm nowhere near ready to tackle them yet, despite completing all the story quests available. :(

They are quite tough - i tried one of them a week or so ago and got bodies on the first encounter. Feels like you need at least 3 6* medals to even have a slight shot at clearing them.

Likely wont be able to get that medal in time...but i will try again before the due date.

RalchAC

They are quite tough - i tried one of them a week or so ago and got bodies on the first encounter. Feels like you need at least 3 6* medals to even have a slight shot at clearing them.

Likely wont be able to get that medal in time...but i will try again before the due date.

Last time I tried one I was able to survive the first fight after I had spent my 15 skillpoins. So I died in the next Monster.

I will try to focus on Magic medals since they are my best colour and improve them as much as possible. I will try the Proud Quest as the date gets closer.

Right now I have 6* Mickey and 6* Auron. The former is at level 30 though. My biggest problem with Magic is that there aren't any single target skills like Black Coat Riku or KH Cloud

CRS

Man I check the leader boards and there's already someone with Lux in the 9 figures. L o l

Also, only rolled an 11% Guilt on my Wakka. :(

Caim

How long will those particular Event quests be around?

They'll always be around I'm sure because they were available at launch. It's just the Mickey one that is timed but you have until May 8th (I think?) to clear a level 140 Proud mission to be eligible for the medal.

eefara

They'll always be around I'm sure because they were available at launch. It's just the Mickey one that is timed but you have until May 8th (I think?) to clear a level 140 Proud mission to be eligible for the medal.

It's May 4th, I think.

I took a shot with the first two red proud missions and finished those handily. That level 140 one, though... That'll take me a while to set up for. :( Hope I can make it in time.

TheMink

If I have a 5* three dot and two independent lower star of the same with no dots.
Wouldn't it be better to get them all to 6 to put them into guilt? As oppsed to combining the lower ones, especially since I can't farm this particular medal?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I have a 5* three dot and two independent lower star of the same with no dots.
Wouldn't it be better to get them all to 6 to put them into guilt? As oppsed to combining the lower ones, especially since I can't farm this particular medal?

A 6* requires 6 dots to have guilt. Assuming your two gacha medals are 3* with no dots...

3* no dots + 3* no dots + 5* 2 dots = 6* 4 dots

So at this point, you're better off combining them to save on exp mats, evo mats, and money.

Ugg having weekly unlock withdraws

Also I just want to ask is their a point to 6 * DiZ? Like does it enhance his strength raising ability or should I just 6 * someone else that can do more damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugg having weekly unlock withdraws

Same. But really, I have a pretty solid team as it stands on all 3 mono keyblades. I will probably hold off this week (did it the past 2 weeks) and focus on the last 10 story missions, finishing the objectives, and finishing the event. Discipline!!!

Cybaster

UcTLwCX.jpg

Finally managed to win the proud quest lv140 after 20+ S/L. I'm using a completely farmable medal, without any attack boost, defense boost, poison, or heal skill/special. I simply used sleep from a friend medal, and it just have to activate once during the first enemy. Here's my setup:

EbmHvo7.jpg

Sj2VJ7f.jpg

Everything is guilted. Sora have +30 atk/def, +14% guilt. First Stitch have +20% guilt. Second Stitch have +1000 atk/def, +22% guilt. First and third medal is completely useless, as it's only used as a setup to boost Stitch damage for boss.

I won using all of my gauge and within a hair's breadth, so thanks for the medal Zache :)

eefara

UcTLwCX.jpg

Finally managed to win the proud quest lv140 after 20+ S/L. I'm using a completely farmable medal, without any attack boost, defense boost, poison, or heal skill/special. I simply used sleep from a friend medal, and it just have to activate once during the first enemy. Here's my setup:

EbmHvo7.jpg

Sj2VJ7f.jpg

Everything is guilted. Sora have +30 atk/def, +14% guilt. First Stitch have +20% guilt. Second Stitch have +1000 atk/def, +22% guilt. First and third medal is completely useless, as it's only used as a setup to boost Stitch damage for boss.

I won using all of my gauge and within a hair's breadth, so thanks for the medal Zache :)

Oh man. :O Thanks for the breakdown! Good to know you can get by with farmable medals, though it looks like it takes as much setup/luck as would be expected.

Cybaster

Oh man. :O Thanks for the breakdown! Good to know you can get by with farmable medals, though it looks like it takes as much setup/luck as would be expected.

I'd say 80% of S/L is because sleep not proccing while the others are for strategizing my medal usage. Enemy can resist sleep about half of the time, reducing the proc even further. Zache's sleep is also at lv1 (35%) instead of lv10 (44%). You can substitute that with defense boost skill, but even at lv10, the proc rate is abysmal (34%).

You simply need to survive 2 attacks from the first enemy, 1 from second enemy, and 1 from boss. Sometimes the first enemy or boss can OHKO you with a special attack, so defense boost is definitely better.

I guess I'll pass trying since my medals are very much spread for every type and not really great for stong enemies of one type and the reward seems to be quite sucky. I just don't feel like grinding for guilted Stitches ect.

Is it better to get multiple medals of 1 color to 6 or maybe like one of each color first?
I have 1 of each colour on 6* and it helps on stuff like coliseum where the enemies wary each round but stuff like the current proud quest event are pretty much impossible with varied medals. Dunno how it will be going foreward doe.

blackflag

I have 1 of each colour on 6* and it helps on stuff like coliseum where the enemies wary each round but stuff like the current proud quest event are pretty much impossible with varied medals. Dunno how it will be going foreward doe.

Yeah that's my dilemma. I could get Aerith to 6 and have 2 speed medals at 6 with limit form Sora or vary it

Cybaster

For proud quest lv140, damage wise you can get away with a lot if you have poison skill. Apparently it deals massive damage.

With 1 turn condition becoming 2, and monster having much more hp, I can see poison as a very desirable skill.

I think I may have a problem. There's an area (a mountainside) in the Dwarf Woodlands where the map is huge. My game has crashed there twice.

I may need to finally upgrade my iPhone 4S. :<

EDIT: On the plus side I have all I need for a fully upgraded Goofy Ver. A and Selphie, and I'm only at mission 54 or something lol. Now it's just a matter of getting strong enough to get the 5* evolve medals.

lyrick

So I'm seeing that I should be grinding the Colosseum and hoping for one of those 3 Scrooge medals to be Poison or Sleep (assuming those are even possible)?

I was kind of hoping for a creative way to use my existing defense up or make use of the "low tier" Dumbo/Bambi/Dr. Jumba medals.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So about our Party (KingdomGAF)

- i realized there are a couple members who havent been online for +2 weeks. If they stopped playing the game we should replace them with other active Gaffers.

- i havent used the ingame chat yet because BECAUSE EVERYTHING I WRITE LOOKS LIKE THIS FOR SOME REASON.

Last time I tried one I was able to survive the first fight after I had spent my 15 skillpoins. So I died in the next Monster.

I will try to focus on Magic medals since they are my best colour and improve them as much as possible. I will try the Proud Quest as the date gets closer.

Right now I have 6* Mickey and 6* Auron. The former is at level 30 though. My biggest problem with Magic is that there aren't any single target skills like Black Coat Riku or KH Cloud

Same dilemma here - all my relevant magic units are AoE and use up 2-3 gauges per special. I need a single target heavy dmg dealer. Its not perfect but i think once i get 6* Selphie it will be a bit better. Auron is great but he inst guilted and 3-gauge specials are too expensive most of the time.
So I'm seeing that I should be grinding the Colosseum and hoping for one of those 3 Scrooge medals to be Poison or Sleep (assuming those are even possible)?

I was kind of hoping for a creative way to use my existing defense up or make use of the "low tier" Dumbo/Bambi/Dr. Jumba medals.

Pretty sure all 3 medals you get are Attack II. You can can highlight them in the reward screen.

Faiz

- i realized there are a couple members who havent been online for +2 weeks. If they stopped playing the game we should replace them with other active Gaffers.

- i havent used the ingame chat yet because BECAUSE EVERYTHING I WRITE LOOKS LIKE THIS FOR SOME REASON.

Yes please. My random party I joined hasn't been clearing people out either and don't seem interested in song so. Would like to join a GAF party.

The caps are because you have auto capitalization set on your settings on your. I'm assuming, android device. Disable that and the caps will disappear.

Yeah we are going to have a few spots open (GAF Guild Oblivion) as well. We hit rank 15 this week, very proud of our members.

eefara

If you can swipe on your keyboard, that also makes it tons easier to write normally.

Yeah the group I'm in(named Neogaf) hasn't been adding members at all. We've been 17/30 for a while now.

Primus

The time of the Great Global Donald Culling is upon us!

Also stealing that Maleficent GIF because SHE'S MINE AND YOU CAN'T HAVE HER GO AWAY.

Top Bottom