• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

TheMink

I was able to beat LV 140 Proud Quest - Speed w/ Treasure Trove, two 6* KH1 Clouds and several continues. I don't think it's possible to even clear the mission without continuing once or having a primo deck of metals to put on Treasure Trove... anything less than 5* does 1 damage only. Friend medals really are your friends.

50aaf26.png

😉

Just kidding, I had a primo deck of medals haha.

Primus

Is anyone else afraid that when the half AP ends, it'll be impossible to play?

Progression will certainly slow down dramatically. No more packing away 50 new quests in a day without spending Jewels on AP recharges. Only two runs at top-end Evolve Medals or Munny Madness instead of 5. I'll certainly be much more of a grind, but at least we got a month of accelerated growth.

duckroll

Is anyone else afraid that when the half AP ends, it'll be impossible to play?

Nope. I've never run out of AP a single time so far, and I'm actually looking forward to higher AP costs potentially creating more natural break points so I waste even less time on repetitive missions!

Hachitora

Thinking of switching parties from Neogaf#1 since party isn't as active. Maybe I'll just stick around, I kinda like being the only one done with all the quests, lol

Zebei

Thinking of switching parties from Neogaf#1 since party isn't as active. Maybe I'll just stick around, I kinda like being the only one done with all the quests, lol

I currently have the highest weekly lux for the party. That is a real testament to how dead this party is.

I took over as party leader over someone who had not played in 2 weeks sharing a donald medal but it may be too late to revive it.

I probably won't leave because I'm worried I won't be able to abuse the black coat Rikus, Limit form sora, guilt Sticth, and king mickey in the friend medals i've been using

Falk

that puzzling face
I was able to beat LV 140 Proud Quest - Speed w/ Treasure Trove, two 6* KH1 Clouds and several continues. I don't think it's possible to even clear the mission without continuing once or having a primo deck of metals to put on Treasure Trove... anything less than 5* does 1 damage only. Friend medals really are your friends.

Wakka 6*+Guilt + Wakka 6*+Guilt (one can be a friend summon) will kill the adds for what it's worth, so it becomes a check of 1) can you kill the main baddies in 2 turns and 2) can you tank 1 hit.

Primus

New Medals available as well:

Phil, White Rabbit, KH Aerith, KH II Leon Ver.B, Daisy, Genie

Of the set, KH II Leon Ver.B is the best, with special damage scaling off of your HP. Daisy is a healer, so that's nice if you don't have Minnie. Rest are meh, and none of them are really top-end regardless.

There's a new 10-medal deal, Skills To Thrill, which guarantees at least one 5* medal with a skill on it. The rare skill Lux Plus has been added to the skill pull, so if you get real lucky you might get it. I wouldn't pull specifically for it, though.

The Skill Quests are a new event, and are only available if you've bought the weekly unlock for $15. A successful Skill Quest completion will guarantee a level up to any skills on medals you bring into the quest.

EDIT: Personally, I'm not pulling on this deal, and hanging on to my Jewels for something real.

RalchAC

New Medals available as well:

Phil, White Rabbit, KH Aerith, KH II Leon Ver.B, Daisy, Genie

Of the set, KH II Leon Ver.B is the best, with special damage scaling off of your HP. Daisy is a healer, so that's nice if you don't have Minnie. Rest are meh, and none of them are really top-end regardless.

There's a new 10-medal deal, Skills To Thrill, which guarantees at least one 5* medal with a skill on it. The rare skill Lux Plus has been added to the skill pull, so if you get real lucky you might get it. I wouldn't pull specifically for it, though.

The Skill Quests are a new event, and are only available if you've bought the weekly unlock for $15. A successful Skill Quest completion will guarantee a level up to any skills on medals you bring into the quest.

EDIT: Personally, I'm not pulling on this deal, and hanging on to my Jewels for something real.

I did a daily 3 pull. Got crap, decided to save the rest of my Jewels for a better event.

In any case, it should be worth it. The longer I wait the better. As they add new medals the chance of getting farmable stuff lowers.

If I only had a decent STR unit...

Primus

In any case, it should be worth it. The longer I wait the better. As they add new medals the chance of getting farmable stuff lowers.

Sooner or later there'll be high-end medals that will only be in the pool for a short time, like 2 weeks. And once they're gone, they're gone. Pretty much all the serious top-end medals in JP KHUX are in those time-limited pools.

At this point, if you're serious about KHUX, you should be saving your Jewels and Cids for the premium medals. If you're not or someone who's not spending real money on the game, then by all means pull away.

CRS

And the only way to access this quest is to pay for the weekly unlock. Freeloaders get the shaft.
Oh, my bad. I guess I kinda lucked out by getting the pack this week.

Won't be using the quest though since it isn't worth the AP for me.

Tidd

Sooner or later there'll be high-end medals that will only be in the pool for a short time, like 2 weeks. And once they're gone, they're gone. Pretty much all the serious top-end medals in JP KHUX are in those time-limited pools.

At this point, if you're serious about KHUX, you should be saving your Jewels and Cids for the premium medals. If you're not or someone who's not spending real money on the game, then by all means pull away.

But at least they are guaranteed pulls...
if you do 10 3000jewels pulls xD

Yeah, I'm not spending a cent. I'll just be happy to have a somewhat decent medals in the long run and be able to do most of the events ect. There is a ton of pay to win in this game and I'm not gettin into that.

Besides it's not like they want my money anyway, EU release nowhere to be seen. Suck a pineapple Square.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pluto, Young Herc, Daisy for my daily.

Question about guilt. My Young Herc has 25% guilt, so is there any reason to keep another Young Herc? I thought I read that max guilt on farmable on medals was 25%.

Falk

that puzzling face
Suck a pineapple Square.

Would Hawaiian pizza be acceptable?

I'd be happy to throw some money their way but $15 to unlock a VIP quest for a few days? Nah.

I $15'd in the first half-week and don't really regret it. In the end it's paying for entertainment, no different from cinema or concert or whatevs. That being said, pretty sure this quest is going to swing around a lot more though, so I'm going to wait until there's really great medals and/or a good event/story content update.

Considering I managed to clear the Proud quest, I think I'm good on my current power level for now.

edit: Wait, wait, wait, if I understand it, it's a quest that guarantees, uh, your Attack Boost I lv1/10 will become an Attack Boost I 10/10, and not Attack Boost II? As in, stuff that's going to come naturally anyways?

well I guess you get some avatar coins ehehehe

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm saving jewels for an eventual Organization event. Do we know the events on advance like in FFRK?

Yes and no. There's a general idea because the Japanese service is a similar duration advanced, but the NA release has gone a little off the rails as far as events and medals go. It's definitely a little more unpredictable compared to FFRK getting features like RS early and having the order of some events flipped around.

edit: Woops, 2 days left on Mickey avatar board event and I barely got started. Guess I'm going to grindlord on the commute this weekend, heh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes and no. There's a general idea because the Japanese service is a similar duration advanced, but the NA release has gone a little off the rails as far as events and medals go. It's definitely a little more unpredictable compared to FFRK getting features like RS early and having the order of some events flipped around.

edit: Woops, 2 days left on Mickey avatar board event and I barely got started. Guess I'm going to grindlord on the commute this weekend, heh.

I'm so sorry.

Blah, every daily pull I have made ranges from garbage to ok at best. Got Olette (fuck), Goofy B (ok, can improve my existing one) and Master Form (meh, don't need).

I'd kill for another KH Riku, KH2 Mickey or Limit Form so I could upgrade my best medals.

Kain

Thx man, I'm going to ignore all the next events until the Organization anyway lol

Also the Mickey event is horrible. Ho-rri-ble. If all the events are like this I'm going to skip most of them.

also

Banned
Is there any point in amassing materials if you have upgraded your keyblades? I have tons of mithril and other materials just sitting there... Like, are there any tittles that require a bazillion collected materials or do the later keyblades require a ridiculous amount of resources to upgrade?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Alright the transfer period of our guild is over, no more need to save spots for old members.

GAFKingdom (Unicorn) looking for the 6 active players to fill the final spots. Quote and post you ID if interested.

Is there any point in amassing materials if you have upgraded your keyblades? I have tons of mithril and other materials just sitting there... Like, are there any tittles that require a bazillion collected materials or do the later keyblades require a ridiculous amount of resources to upgrade?

Thats a good question - but i doubt there is any point in farming materials beyond what is needed to upgrade Keyblades. Would be crazy...especially when we already have grindy Event Boards ala. the current Mickey board.
youarealreadydead.gif

Have fun xD

Hachitora

I probably should've started this Mickey event sooner. Only going for the Cids tho so I might be able to get each one, but I'll have to wait and see. Already maxed out most of the medals I have (guilt aside) so I don't rly have to worry about grinding any ducks except for Power (Got my KH1 Cloud almost lvl 100)
Is there any point in amassing materials if you have upgraded your keyblades?
Not entirely sure about this, but you might need more mythril to upgrade the keyblades past lvl 20, whenever they add that in. You'll also need adamant, but that's a different story.

Alright the transfer period of our guild is over, no more need to save spots for old members.

GAFKingdom (Unicorn) looking for the 6 active players to fill the final spots. Quote and post you ID if interested.

I'm interested! My ID is 75, please shoot me an invite if you can.

lyrick

Arggg...

Spent all last week Powering up my "rare" medals like:

Master Form Sora

The special hits for roughly 300 damage per hit less (vs level mid 20-something Trickmaster than my Stitch when my Attack Boost doesn't proc

And to make matters worse, Sora has a a larger multiplier.

Similar situation with Magician Donald v Donald type A, and Sora type B vs Sora type A, I'm guessing Wakka v Riku would be the same but I've dumped quite a few Chip & Dales into my Riku...

Arggg!!! next week I guess I'll have to grind out farmarble medals to increase my damage...

Internets

Thats a good question - but i doubt there is any point in farming materials beyond what is needed to upgrade Keyblades. Would be crazy...especially when we already have grindy Event Boards ala. the current Mickey board.

youarealreadydead.gif

Have fun xD

If you still have any slots

JMCV
ID: 15952

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been playing pretty casually (I'm level 35-ish) but I've been logging in every day for rewards and whatnot. I decided to save up my jewels for one of the 10x medal deals, and this morning I finally had enough. I'm pretty happy with what I got:

I combined the two Aeriths together to boost the ability, and the rest of this stuff I'm leveling up because it's strong than anything else I have so far.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been playing pretty casually (I'm level 35-ish) but I've been logging in every day for rewards and whatnot. I decided to save up my jewels for one of the 10x medal deals, and this morning I finally had enough. I'm pretty happy with what I got:

I combined the two Aeriths together to boost the ability, and the rest of this stuff I'm leveling up because it's strong than anything else I have so far.

That's a super good pull. Congrats!

eefara

Ah, lucky. I still want a KH2 Cloud. I got an Aerith today, though, so that's good.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh was so busy I didn't have time to play much past couple days. I'll be playing catch up on Lux and quests tonight and tomorrow!

I think the only thing that has annoyed me so far when playing this game is how there's a lack of easy ways to grind out avatar coins.

I kinda wish I could buy them as easily as jewels so that I can unlock my AP and Cost points faster.

Top Bottom