• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Well, those level 140 missions are kind of dumb currently. There isn't really enough content to get you to that level without deciding to just grind an incredible amount or dump real money into what essentially amounts to a slot machine. Letting an incredibly difficult optional mission exist isn't really the same as giving some sort of difficulty to the main game.

There are videos that show it is possible to beat it via farmable medals, it being the proud quests.

Though I suppose I will say that if you don't have access to Aerith,Diz or Vivi via party or otherwise...it is pretty damn tough.

I've got a Peter Pan and Limit Form Sora I can 6*. Which should I upgrade?

My very first 6* was Peter Pan, wow.

LIMIT FORM SORA IMMEDIATELY

Alrighty then. Any specific reason? Peter Pan seems to have higher attack and slightly higher multiplier

Would choose master form as my 6star but don't have that sadly. Master Form Sora was super useful for me in JP version

Pan requires more gauges and relies on Sleep for high damage so it's unpredictable to get most out of+gimped if you don't have a medal with sleep before it.

I mean, if you got a sleep medal and are a gambler then Pan is not bad.

Hazmat

There are videos that show it is possible to beat it via farmable medals, it being the proud quests.

Though I suppose I will say that if you don't have access to Aerith,Diz or Vivi via party or otherwise...it is pretty damn tough.

Sure, no one's denying that it's possible. It's just that having 99% of the game be so easy that just swiping to have your attacks hit all the enemies gets you through and then having 1% that's incredibly difficult isn't really having a difficulty curve. I'm still on board with this game, but its shitty difficulty variance is a valid complaint.

Psxphile

So, about an hour left until the Mickey promotion disappears into the ether. Only one last 550 medal to claim to fully complete both boards, short only about 100 event coins. Slowly waiting for AP to charge, and my next level-up is just shy of 1500 Lux points away.

... I can't live like this.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sure, no one's denying that it's possible. It's just that having 99% of the game be so easy that just swiping to have your attacks hit all the enemies gets you through and then having 1% that's incredibly difficult isn't really having a difficulty curve. I'm still on board with this game, but its shitty difficulty variance is a valid complaint.

Quest 250 approaches lv100. Game is far from being done.

Is it a mistake putting the 140 Proud quests out so early? Maybe. But it gives something for people who pull shiny medals something to gun for.

That's just the nature of the beast with gacha games.

So, about an hour left until the Mickey promotion disappears into the ether. Only one last 550 medal to claim to fully complete both boards, short only about 100 event coins. Slowly waiting for AP to charge, and my next level-up is just shy of 1500 Lux points away.

If you'd done the 6* Wakka thing I posted like on the first week you'd have 1400 Lux every 3 AP ;p

CRS

Farm level 57 three times. That's 9 AP which summons an Armor Raid Boss. Beat it or destroy it's limbs for the crazy amount of Lux and the free level up.

Tip: make sure you beat ALL of the enemies left of the Target. Just stay on the left side so you don't walk into the Target.

Just waiting on a couple more AP to summon the raid boss. Unfortunately, I'll be able to get the outfit, but not complete the board. Was waiting to be able to beat the 3rd tier of the event but I guess it took me longer than I expected. I'll be ready next time now though.

Edit: Wait, what is this 1200 LP Wakka thing?????

Falk

that puzzling face
Alternative would be just getting a Guard Armor (takes 9AP, tops) and doing enough damage to go past 1500 Lux and level up, then do two more runs of the daily.

Cutting it close.

edit: beaten

Psxphile

And done.

Ah! Sweet release!

EDIT: better knock out some of these story quest objectives I missed out on while Half AP is still a thing!

Pan requires more gauges and relies on Sleep for high damage so it's unpredictable to get most out of+gimped if you don't have a medal with sleep before it.

I mean, if you got a sleep medal and are a gambler then Pan is not bad.
Would Pan / Tifa need the sleep medal before them or can they activate sleep + deal the stronger damage themselves?

CRS

And half AP is over.

y2jIo9dq.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cheaters are getting busted, that's something good. New Colloseum board looks good.

Falk

that puzzling face
Didn't know you could get new coliseum boards by leveling up.

This got me too, thought I'd messed up and unlocked Tier 10 coliseum just as coliseum ended, but it looks like everyone gets this on the next mission they complete. Heh.

I got really lucky with the daily pull and got Leon Ver. B. >.>

4*, though. Will need to put in the time to upgrade him, especially now that Half AP is done.

Psxphile

This got me too, thought I'd messed up and unlocked Tier 10 coliseum just as coliseum ended, but it looks like everyone gets this on the next mission they complete. Heh.

Ah, it's for mission complete then. I leveled up at that same time so I thought it was related to that, ha.

EDIT: Hm? Did they extend the Mickey promo another 24 hours (well, 23)? Or was I reading it wrong the whole time... ha... ha...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

It said I got my rewards but nothing in my inventory.[/QUOTE]
Yes, where are the rewards lol?

I don't even know was my final rank, was getting stuck on a difficult tricolor stage (50) I just couldn't clear.

Tirod

I have sooooooo many conflicting feelings about the AP costs.

Like...I'm partially happy to have more freedom to play other things and back off BUT if I want to raise up some medals it's a much longer affair.

CRS

Ah, it's for mission complete then. I leveled up at that same time so I thought it was related to that, ha.

EDIT: Hm? Did they extend the Mickey promo another 24 hours (well, 23)? Or was I reading it wrong the whole time... ha... ha...
Oh God.........

20 AP per mission. Nooooooooo
Yes, where are the rewards lol?

I don't even know was my final rank, was getting stuck on a difficult tricolor stage (50) I just couldn't clear.
Actually I figured it out. What I got were the new Coliseum boards, not my rewards. I guess I should expect those until later in the morning when I get my Daily Jewels.
i'm so sorry
Shoot me.

CRS

2600 Coins needed to finish. A 75 jewels per run average. That's 35 runs. 20 AP per run. That's 700 AP.

Someone stab me.

Primus

Current Colosseum difficulty seems to have been lowered a bit, I spiked all the way to Tier 6 on one-rounds, with the same medals I was struggling with at that point. Pity rankings are shut down due to filthy cheaters, but que sera sera.

That being said, I rushed through the board to pick up the Attack Boost II which I immediately junctioned to Black Suit Riku. One run through the Skill Event boosted it to level 7, which is a lot more than I expected.

Still no Scrooges or Cids for my Colosseum rewards, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
... stuck at 0 AP due to a miscalculation.

Guess I'm also going to preemptively do 57 like 50 times to get Guard Armor up to lv15 so this doesn't happen again.

CRS

... stuck at 0 AP due to a miscalculation.

Guess I'm also going to preemptively do 57 like 50 times to get Guard Armor up to lv15 so this doesn't happen again.
Reset screw you over on your Level Up too?

Also, wanted to ask you, what's the Wakka 6⭐ trick?

Good thing I don't care for costumes, or else the Mickey event would be really annoying to deal with.

If it had a unique medal to give away I would be more concerned (like the Timeless Mickey event going on right now), but it doesn't, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do wonder if I'll be able to qualify for Timeless Mickey in time, though. I have two 5* Goofy Ver. A's lined up to evolve, so I'll need to make sure to get those Flora medals Tuesday. That said, considering those would be my only two 6* medals, I simply may not have enough strength to do it.

CRS

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200606848&postcount=1889

Basically, get a 2 6* Wakka / KH Riku (make sure the first one is 1/100 w/ no SA dots) and rake in the Lux.

It also works, to a lesser extent, if you only have one and put it on a non-leveled up KB (Olympia) + use a friend w/ Wakka / Riku.
Unlucky, my Wakka is Guilted and might take a while to get another 6⭐ now. And don't have a KH Riku. Will stick with guard armor for now I guess.

CRS

The $15 weekly pack should give you an AP discount. That'd really help sell people on it.
It giving you all the Special Quests is already huge. That's more than enough incentive personally. It's the only reason I bought it. The Jewels were just an afterthought. Because of the specials, I was able to 6* two of every type with almost 4 of them Guilted. (they're the common medals, nothing fancy)

I can't wait for more AP specials but I've never played the Japanese version so I have no idea how often they run, even though they have a One AP event right now, lol.

Psxphile

Managed to make it to Tier 9 in the Coliseum before I ran out on AP and/or got owned by the tougher baddies. I earned enough coins to completely clean out the Scrooge board, which is nice. Tier 10 board has unlocks in the hundreds so that one is going to be a pain, ha ha. Especially that first one...

Falk

that puzzling face
Reset screw you over on your Level Up too?

Even worse. Knew Trick Armor was crud for XP, was relying on stage 57 + Wakkas, fat fingered a few and got 1200 AP on the last two runs (right after a lv1 Trick Armor) and ended up with 200 Lux to level with 0 AP.

RalchAC

Managed to make it to Tier 9 in the Coliseum before I ran out on AP and/or got owned by the tougher baddies. I earned enough coins to completely clean out the Scrooge board, which is nice. Tier 10 board has unlocks in the hundreds so that one is going to be a pain, ha ha. Especially that first one...

If my calculations aren't wrong, the first item in said board costs 900 because that's the amount of Jewels you will have after you get to Tier 10.

Keep in mind that you get 600 coins after clearing Tier 9.

The cost is that high (probably) so people doesn't spend their coins in the wrong board.

For the record, looks like you get 10 coins per round at tier 10. (I know that's not what the screen you posted is about but vaguely related so yeah.)
Seems like you'd have to get to like round 250 to unlock the whole bonus board which is just a little bit insane.

Life distractions kept me from meeting the goals I set for the month. I wanted to have all of the story quests completed and 3-Stared. I ended up finishing 235 just before the 1/2 AP ran out. I also have 38 quests that haven't been fully completed.

On the other hand, I can't say I didn't make good use of the AP promotional period. I fully completed both Mickey boards, all of my medals are either 80/80 or 100/100, I have 4 Guilted Medals (25% +1000/+1000 Stitch, 22% Wakka, 21% Y.Herc, 14% Rikku) and I have some relatively solid decks now:

I'll wrap up the Story stuff later today then get to work on the new Coliseum (I did ~15 min and completed 7-3, so enough coins to get both Cids). After that, I guess I'll give the Proud challenges a shot. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

NateDog

I don't suppose there's anywhere in YT to watch all the story-centred scenes from the game yet? I'm guessing most of the story is told through gameplay more than anything so I can't tell if I should just suck it up and watch a load of walkthroughs or just wait.

Dandte

I don't suppose there's anywhere in YT to watch all the story-centred scenes from the game yet? I'm guessing most of the story is told through gameplay more than anything so I can't tell if I should just suck it up and watch a load of walkthroughs or just wait.

The story so far would be a 10 second video.

Top Bottom