• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Kinsei

Banned
I think I wasted my 3000 Gems, I was weak and wanted Black Coat Mickey. I got CoM Riku.

Never again, back to 600 Gem buys.

Actually, I guess I should buy a couple of the premium costumes for the cost bonuses now.

CoM Riku is amazing though so you did get a good pull.

Wilsongt

Somoene in my party as a guilted KH Cloud with +50% attack with Attack Boost 2. SOmeone spent a looooooooooooooooooot of money.

I did yet another 3-pull and got my 4th Tifa in a row.

4 pulls, 4 Tifas. What are the odds? Is the game trying to tell me something?

Is he? I managed to snag both him and FF Sora but they just seem pretty average.

CoM Riku is AoE, is among the highest in base power for Magic medals currently out (he's about to eclipse my level 1 6* Auron when he is only a level 61 5* medal), and, I believe, has the max multiplier of damage the first time you use him in battle (assuming you weren't already debuffed in defense). And all for the cost of 2 gauges.

He's honestly really incredible. High-risk, sure, but you'll rarely not be 1-turning anyways.

Dandte

I did yet another 3-pull and got my 4th Tifa in a row.

4 pulls, 4 Tifas. What are the odds? Is the game trying to tell me something?

CoM Riku is AoE, is among the highest in base power for Magic medals currently out (he's about to eclipse my level 1 6* Auron when he is only a level 61 5* medal), and, I believe, has the max multiplier of damage the first time you use him in battle (assuming you weren't already debuffed in defense). And all for the cost of 2 gauges.

He's honestly really incredible. High-risk, sure, but you'll rarely not be 1-turning anyways.

5 vivis in 4 pulls. Can't Wait to have enough cost to have a Full 6* Team with a guiltet Vivi

My latest 10 pull.

E0fbtpO.jpg

I'm definitely happy about it, especially Kairi. I also have a second Final Form Sora from a different pull so that's cool too.

Boogiepop

Ugh, I just want at least one of the boosters, or failing that some more good medals in general. Did my first Daily Pull in a while and got... A second Limit Form Sora, a Daisy, and a KH Sora B. They seriously need to remove the normal drop medals from the gacha at the very least, as they have absolutely no business being there.

Oh well, guess I'll try at least once more when I get the jewels, so hopefully the game will stop being a massive dick and actually give me some of the luck other people are getting...
(I guess today wasn't a godawful draw, but it certainly wasn't amazing either, and definitely wasn't what I need)

Primus

I want to do daily pulls but I'm afraid they'll have some event where you get some good exclusive medals for limited time only :(

This will eventually happen, probably sooner rather than later. Premium medals will be in the draw pool for a short period of time, have a very low drop rate, but you're guaranteed one if you do 10 of the 3000 Jewel draws.

Kinsei

Banned
This will eventually happen, probably sooner rather than later. Premium medals will be in the draw pool for a short period of time, have a very low drop rate, but you're guaranteed one if you do 10 of the 3000 Jewel draws.

10? That's ridiculous when you factor in how slowly we accumulate jewels and the price of buying them. Our drop rate will probably be lower than Japan's drop rate too.

Primus

10? That's ridiculous when you factor in how slowly we accumulate jewels and the price of buying them. Our drop rate will probably be lower than Japan's drop rate too.

It's for roping in the whales. You're guaranteed a Guilted super-powered medal for just 180k Jewels, which is totally fine for the people dropping thousands of dollars on the game.

For all us plebs, though, we'll be lucky to see one or two Premium medals in our list over the course of the game. Such is the world of gacha.

Psxphile

Least we'll finally get some new story missions tomorrow. And hey, Coliseum AP will be dropped to 1 for the rest of May. SE need to screw up more often.

Kinsei

Banned
Those Cid VIP challenges are tempting me to spend more on this game. I already have $10 just sitting on my Google account from a gift card too... Please talk me out of this GAF.

Zebei

Buying the wekly unlock now gives a new daily quest for the week.

Gets you up to 3 Cid medals.

Huess that's a nice bonus for the people who actually spend money on this. :p

Tidd

Reading a lot of comments here it feels like this is the first gacha game for a lot of people. :D Nothing wrong with that. But if you knew how fair this game is when you compare it to others.

Guaranteed premium units/medals/characters? If you think 10 3000jewels pulls are much for that I can tell you from other games that people spent much more and got nothing. (I'm looking at you OPTC and FFRK)
Guaranteed new medal of a new batch in a 10pull? I believe Terra Battle players would kill for that instead of getting their 23233th Jaguna.

Yes it's still a lot of money for in-game content but that's how these games work.

Okay I just saw screenshots of that but I can't find anything in the notices? Uploaded too early?

Primus

Cid Medals are nice. A guaranteed pair of Cid +10 medals that you can dump on two 6*s is pretty cool. That being said, there's only a couple of medals right now I'd consider Cid'ing, and that's CoM Riku and Black Suit Mickey. So I'd say don't go crazy and get the unlock just for these.

EDIT: If the Cid quest unlocks tomorrow, that means you'll only have 4 days on it before reset, so that's only 12 Cids.

Ilvocare

Okay I just saw screenshots of that but I can't find anything in the notices? Uploaded too early?

Yes, actually! I saw the notices up during noon EST but about 3 hours later they were pulled down. Wrong date and everything. So tomorrow expect:

-25 more filler-- er I mean,story quests which say that it'll be the last time we ever need to go back to Dwarf Woodlands ever forever (probably not but ok)
-Cid quest as permanent weekly unlock exclusive quest
-1 AP Colosseum rounds for the rest of the month

And maaaaaaaybe on Friday there'll be a new medal promotion since Thursday is when the Epic Medal thingy ends.

youfuckedup.mp3

CRS

Yeah they uploaded the notices too early, lol. Maybe we can get a hundred Jewels for that mistake too.

For those that missed it:

New Story Quests tomorrow.

New Permanent Quest for 3 Cids added to the Weekly Unlock. Love that they decided to add this after half the week is over. So stupid for those that bought it this week.

Coliseum for 1 AP only for the rest of May because the Board was giving out 5* Chip/Dale medals instead of the 6* displayed. No 6* medals given out.

Skittles

Have $20 from google rewards. Sounds like I should spend it on the 3000 jewel deal and save them for this aqua I keep hearing so much about?

RalchAC

The worst about Coliseum is not its cost, but the fact that it depletes my skill bars.

After 1 or 2 rounds I need to go to some early quest to refill.

CRS

Yeah 1 AP Coliseum is useless if you're already at a decent level on Tier 10. Youre not gonna be retrying a lot of levels with AP, just Save/Load.

CRS

Would investing 10 Cid into Boost Medals like DiZ and Vivi be worth it? Since your other medals can change but you'll almost always need that Boost medal.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did they somehow update Coliseum? I was at stage 33 a while ago and have been working on my team so that I can beat it. I entered the stage again yesterday and the whole enemy setup has changed and the enemies have way more hp than before... did I miss something or am I imagining things? lol

Would investing 10 Cid into Boost Medals like DiZ and Vivi be worth it? Since your other medals can change but you'll almost always need that Boost medal.
Cid only work on 6* unit and because of the high costs it's not recommended to evolve boost/utility units to 6* at this point.

So you wanna keep DiZ, Minnie and co. at 5* and below. But yeah if maid medals would work on lower rarity medals it would make most sense on these evergreen medals which are at home in multiple teams/setups.

Falk

that puzzling face
2late, 6* DiZ/Vivi/Aerith here. Come at me.

I'm balking at the Cid motherlode for paying to be honest. That's a very clear p2w boundary at a rather low price point, which rarely ever happens especially for a new game.

I mean, yeah eventually everyone's going to be rocking 230 cost and it won't matter (for a while, lol) but right now people who have access to ~12 -10 6* medals are at a very distinct advantage not even taking gacha luck into account.

Tirod

12 medal slots added to the album.

Now is the time I start to feel regret about the four epic medal pulls I did.

Please no Roxas tomorrow.

RalchAC

12 medal slots added to the album.

Now is the time I start to feel regret about the four epic medal pulls I did.

Please no Roxas tomorrow.

It could be a non gacha event.

Remember that the gem event only lasts a week. Maybe we are getting the Halloween medals?

Malyse

2late, 6* DiZ/Vivi/Aerith here. Come at me.

I'm balking at the Cid motherlode for paying to be honest. That's a very clear p2w boundary at a rather low price point, which rarely ever happens especially for a new game.

I mean, yeah eventually everyone's going to be rocking 230 cost and it won't matter (for a while, lol) but right now people who have access to ~12 -10 6* medals are at a very distinct advantage not even taking gacha luck into account.

I'm not sure cost actually goes all the way to 230.

xclk07

Well 180 is in a much more awkward spot than even 200-215.

Right now max cost only goes to 183 (no more cost slots after level 210, except for ONE final one at 220). So if one wants 5 6*s, it's Cid to most of the medals or nothing. I THINK I saw on here this reflects the Japanese vs as well?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I could do the unlock today and get 12 Cid medals. That's pretty awesome, but I won't be able to really take advantage of the rest of the event right now...

Malyse

Save your complaints for when it gets bad.

That's Cid, Chip, Dale, Scrooge, Mickey and Brooms, and Skip Tickets, all locked behind $12.

On the side, sometimes this game is bullshit.

WutJEes.png

25 LIFEBARS?! In TEN turns?!

Lolkay. I only survived because of paralysis and poison abuse.

SoulUnison

Banned
I rolled 24% Guilt on a medal with a 25% max, but the way it's worded I'm unsure...

If I re-roll the Guilt can it ONLY go up, as in, I'm guaranteed max Guilt, or is it just that if it rolls lower it won't replace the original, higher Guilt?

Malyse

I rolled 24% Guilt on a medal with a 25% max, but the way it's worded I'm unsure...

If I re-roll the Guilt can it ONLY go up, as in, I'm guaranteed max Guilt, or is it just that if it rolls lower it won't replace the original, higher Guilt?
If you roll lower, it won't go down.

It's prolly going up doe.

Boogiepop

Did my daily and got another Daisy, Aerith, and Queen Minnie. So yay, finally got a booster! Guess I still need the ones for the other colors, though...

Edit: Wait, it's KH Aerith and not KHII Aerith. Does that mean I still need to hope for a "proper" boost medal?

Tirod

Did my daily and got another Daisy, Aerith, and Queen Minnie. So yay, finally got a booster! Guess I still need the ones for the other colors, though...

Edit: Wait, it's KH Aerith and not KHII Aerith. Does that mean I still need to hope for a "proper" boost medal?

KH Aerith only affects Magic Medal types; so it'd only be really be useful on your Three Wishes Keyblade.

You'll still want to shoot for DiZ, KHII Aerith, or Vivi for a 1 Tier Attack Boost that affects ALL medal types.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished quest 300! It was nice to finally have a proper boss fight outside of raids.

My Lady Luck finally has it's fifth slot unlocked. Yay!

Top Bottom