• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

You beat the level 120 witch with four bars of health, a speed defense buff, can poison you, and regenerate a full bar of health when she attacks without using jewels to revive?

Beating the quest is easy, but that witch is stopping me from getting my third mickey head (I don't want to waste jewels on a revive).

I beat it without revive and I haven't used a single cent on the game. Limit Form Sora is the only great speed medal I have.

Zebei

You beat the level 120 witch with four bars of health, a speed defense buff, can poison you, and regenerate a full bar of health when she attacks without using jewels to revive?
Yup.

Although I did use a guilted Limit Form Sora.
Being on a top 15 party tends to mean amazing friend medals

Kinsei

Banned
I beat it without revive and I haven't used a single cent on the game. Limit Form Sora is the only great speed medal I have.

My medals must be extra shit then. Here was my strategy: DiZ for the attack buff > Limit Form Sora (5*) > Black Coat Mickey (Neutral damage FTW) > KH2 Sora Ver A > Stitch (6*) > 24% guilted Stitch. This was all fine and good but then she attacked regaining a full bar of health, then on her next attack she poisoned me, and her third attack combined with the poison killed me.

Lnds500

I got so lucky on that a quest. A random shared a Sora medal with sleep and I managed to trigger it twice in a row. The witch was dead by the third turn. Remember that status effect skills only trigger with regular (tap) attacks.

When an enemy is paralyzed or sleeps, does this count as a turn?

Primus

Higher-level Quests (I think starting in the 400s or so) will start to have real cheesy mechanics, like bosses that start with +3 Atk and Def buffs and will one-shot you if you can't get your own buffs going. Namine's ability is to copy enemy buffs onto you, so you only need to slot her and spend 2 gauges to steal the boss's buffs, as opposed to slotting multiple support medals and using 4-6 gauges to get your own set of buffs.

My medals must be extra shit then. Here was my strategy: DiZ for the attack buff > Limit Form Sora (5*) > Black Coat Mickey (Neutral damage FTW) > KH2 Sora Ver A > Stitch (6*) > 24% guilted Stitch. This was all fine and good but then she attacked regaining a full bar of health, then on her next attack she poisoned me, and her third attack combined with the poison killed me.
She didn't recover any health for me and my Def Boost ability procced a few times. I did get poisoned tho.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did a Daily pull and got BC Micky - cool.

Just to be sure - KH Aerith, White Rabbit, Phil > DiZ, Aerth, Vivi for single color teams as they provide a bigger boost for their specific attributes (speed,magic,power) ?
Is there an open party that I can join?

Unicorn
ID: 97922
Are you still looking for a Party to join ? Sending you an invite if you are partyless.
On the flipside outside of the l140 prouds nothing has really needed an absurd deck to beat. Yet. (ehehehe)

(Coliseum rankings don't count, you can't outwhale the whales)
Yeah, thats also true...probably also the reason why it isnt an issue for now. I wonder when the content will start to demand specific top teams. Once Coliseum rewards are back it might become more of an problem ...depending on how good those rewards are.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didn't Malyse say they stack?

Yes they stack...just want to confirm that they type-based units provide the bigger boost. So if you only need one Booster for your Power team you would chose Phil instead of DiZ for example.

chrono01

I was going to buy the KH Cloud pack (and was debating on grabbing the Limit Form Sora one too), but then it occurred to me. I have a feeling that they're trying to bleed as many Jewels as possible from people right now (three separate deals, along with the Goofy avatar boards), only to release the new/next batch of highly-desired medals right afterwards (Roxas, Namine, Organixation XIII, etc.).

I've waited this long, I can wait another week or so.

Tidd

I was going to buy the KH Cloud pack (and was debating on grabbing the Limit Form Sora one too), but then it occurred to me. I have a feeling that they're trying to bleed as many Jewels as possible from people right now (three separate deals, along with the Goofy avatar boards), only to release the new/next batch of highly-desired medals right afterwards (Roxas, Namine, Organixation XIII, etc.).

I've waited this long, I can wait another week or so.

I'm 90% sure that we get Roxas and Namine next week.

Primus

I'm still quite happy with my pull.

Are those epic medals like Legends in OPTC? Do they come back once a month or so?

The "epic" medals are part of the normal pool now, you'll just have a lower chance of getting them then Olette (85%), Pence (97%), and Abu (3000%).

The only truly limited medals are the "Premium" ones, and we haven't had any in NA yet. Roxas should be the first. Premium medals are available for (usually) a 2-week period, and then they're gone forever.

The "epic" medals are part of the normal pool now, you'll just have a lower chance of getting them then Olette (85%), Pence (97%), and Abu (3000%).

The only truly limited medals are the "Premium" ones, and we haven't had any in NA yet. Roxas should be the first. Premium medals are available for (usually) a 2-week period, and then they're gone forever.

So getting a premium medal guilted takes mad cash I assume. How do they usually fare when not upgraded?

I kinda want to buy the Cloud bundle since power medals are my weakness but I could just as well try to save for premium ones. Dunno if it matters anyway in the long run.

Tidd

So getting a premium medal guilted takes mad cash I assume. How do they usually fare when not upgraded?

In the future we get these medals They add a orb and if you have enough they can guilt them. Also I believe that the most recent premium medals came with 3 orbs. So you only need 3 more of these Mickey and Brooms medals to guilt a premium medal.

Primus

Even non-Guilted, Premiums are far and above the best medals out there. Roxas's base, unGuilted 6* damage multiplier is 3.3, and he has an Atk buff. That's the highest damage Magic medal by far, CoM Riku's max multiplier is 2.89 unGuilted. No Magic medal will come close to Roxas until OXIII medals start coming out.

All coming from current JP stats, of course.

If NA goes like JP, when a Premium medal comes out you'll be guaranteed one for 10 3000 Jewel pulls. Doesn't mean you won't get any in the pulls, but the chance is super duper incredibly low. 30k Jewels for a guaranteed Roxas, 180k for a guaranteed Guilt-ed Roxas. Someone call Captain Ahab to the deck, the whales have been spotted.

Even non-Guilted, Premiums are far and above the best medals out there. Roxas's base, unGuilted 6* damage multiplier is 3.3, and he has an Atk buff. That's the highest damage Magic medal by far, CoM Riku's max multiplier is 2.89 unGuilted. No Magic medal will come close to Roxas until OXIII medals start coming out.

All coming from current JP stats, of course.

If NA goes like JP, when a Premium medal comes out you'll be guaranteed one for 10 3000 Jewel pulls. Doesn't mean you won't get any in the pulls, but the chance is super duper incredibly low. 30k Jewels for a guaranteed Roxas, 180k for a guaranteed Guilt-ed Roxas. Someone call Captain Ahab to the deck, the whales have been spotted.

I think I'll just save myself from frustration and go with regular medals lol.

Primus

I think I'll just save myself from frustration and go with regular medals lol.

And this, frankly, is the best frame of mind to be in. If you're not going to be dropping thousands of dollars on KHUX, don't chase the Premiums. It'll just end in heartbreak, tears, and possibly divorce. Non-Premium medals are more than good enough to clear all the content.

Falk

that puzzling face
She didn't recover any health for me and my Def Boost ability procced a few times. I did get poisoned tho.

Technically, if you were rank 200 and had ~5k HP and 180 Cost, you could run 4 guilted Stitches + Stitch friend medal and burst her down in two turns and tank the hit in between (+ poison?)

(Of course, if you're dedicated enough to actually have 4 guilted Stitches, I think not being a whale is the least of your worries)

On my attempts incl. success, she heals first round then poisons second round. Had only 3 6*s in my non-optimized Speed deck (with a Limit Form Sora, mind you, although the guilted Stitches at the end did almost more damage for 1 Gauge, heh)

What was your friend medal? Keeping gauge usage low in the deck seems important since running out of gauge 2nd turn = ded

Kinsei

Banned
Technically, if you were rank 200 and had ~5k HP and 180 Cost, you could run 4 guilted Stitches + Stitch friend medal and burst her down in two turns and tank the hit in between (+ poison?)

(Of course, if you're dedicated enough to actually have 4 guilted Stitches, I think not being a whale is the least of your worries)

On my attempts incl. success, she heals first round then poisons second round. Had only 3 6*s in my non-optimized Speed deck (with a Limit Form Sora, mind you, although the guilted Stitches at the end did almost more damage for 1 Gauge, heh)

What was your friend medal? Keeping gauge usage low in the deck seems important since running out of gauge 2nd turn = ded

My friend medal was the guilted Stitch. I currently have no guilted medals of my own because I don't like the grind.

chrono01

I'm 90% sure that we get Roxas and Namine next week.
Sounds good to me. Time to remain patient. I should have enough for 3x ten-pull when they arriv-

Welp, there goes any hope I have. :/

Kinsei

Banned
I finally took down the witch in the event quest without continuing! Fittingly enough, I had to use a Snow White medal to do it. I figured my damage output would drop too low if I replaced my Mickey with a three star Snow White and I was right. I was not dealing enough damage per turn once I ran out of bars. Thankfully the witch didn't heal too much.

I discovered a small glitch while fighting her too. If an enemy has less than one full bar of health left and heals themselves enough to reach the second bar, the pip will not fill in. I thought I had beat her and then SURPRISE there was another health bar there. When that happened I thought for sure I was going to lose, but thankfully she didn't heal on the turn before she was going to kill me.

lyrick

FsqE2wB.jpg

setup:
5* Aerith
6* (no pips/guilt) Sora B
6* (24% guilt) Titus
6* (no pips/guilt) Master Form Sora [+5 Atk/Def]
6* (22% guilt) Stitch [+925 Atk/Def]

There's really no benefit from the Sora B & the Master Form Sora as a guilted Sora A and a second guilted Stitch would be better

My Wretched Witch Strat
skip everything possible (including chests) and beeline to the Witch with a full Special attack Gauge [15]
- Turn 1 ->
- - special attack with Aerith, Sora, Titus, MF Sora, Stitch (7 Gauges, and no procs required)
- - normal tap with your friend medal (unless it's a Stitch, then us it) (would total 8 Gauges)
my post turn 1 results:
- Turn 2 -
- - repeat Turn 1 (another 7 Gauges)
my post turn 2 results:

I'm FTP player (I've only pulled a total of 19 medals [Original Mickey +6 Dailies], The Aerith was a god send, but my other two premium medals actually held me back on this one as guilted farmable medals would have been better.

I think we need a total of 25 of each Medal (Snow White and Dwarves) to Guilt them (which assumes a 5*-> 6* evolution requires a 5* medal in addition to a Fanta Mickey)

Falk

that puzzling face
I discovered a small glitch while fighting her too. If an enemy has less than one full bar of health left and heals themselves enough to reach the second bar, the pip will not fill in. I thought I had beat her and then SURPRISE there was another health bar there. When that happened I thought for sure I was going to lose, but thankfully she didn't heal on the turn before she was going to kill me.

This caught me unawares too the first time, hahaha.

I'm so angry right now. I spent 300 jewels to try to finish the last tier 9 Colisseum quest (which I'm assuming is the last Colisseum quest period?) and I have nothing to show for it.

I've even managed to get to just two enemies left. It's just super frustrating when my Sleep/Paralysis skills just don't kick in, and then they fail half the time they do! I instantly die to moment the Magic enemy casts a group-wide attack buff. It's just infuriating to make it that far and just fail.

Shout out to PsYcO's 22% Guilted Stitch w/ Sleep for helping me beat the Wretched Witch on my first try.

+ PsYcO's Stitch w/ 22% Guilt and 3/10 Sleep
Rikku is guilted at 14%, while Stitch is 25% w/ 6/15 Attack Boost II.

I got super lucky with clutch procs. Turn 1, I just blew all of my Specials. Turn 2, I used DiZ and my Stitch then got sleep to proc from PsYcO's Stitch. Turn 3, I had no bars left, so all melee. I had my Stitch's Atk II buff proc, letting the friend Stitch finish her off. \o/

I went back and did it a second time and again got the clutch sleep on Turn 2, leading to victory. This time, I held off on using DiZ for Turn 2 so I could use both Stitch's on Turn 3. It worked AND my Stitch buff proced too, :D.

Now if only I could OTKO her in Quest 300..

spHN3V0.png

Fuckin double Pence.

I suppose it could have been worse. I didn't have a DiZ before, I get to upgrade my existing KH1 Riku and now I have 2 KH1 Clouds thanks to the extra guaranteed one. KH2 Cloud isn't the best but now I have 4 so it might become a decent medal upgraded.

botty

Banned
spHN3V0.png

Fuckin double Pence.

I suppose it could have been worse. I didn't have a DiZ before, I get to upgrade my existing KH1 Riku and now I have 2 KH1 Clouds thanks to the extra guaranteed one. KH2 Cloud isn't the best but now I have 4 so it might become a decent medal upgraded.

Adult Hercules no big deal

Boogiepop

KHII Aerith, Master Form Sora, and a Tifa. FINALLY got one of the proper boosters! Any need to worry about getting her past 5 star? Also, if I also have KHI Aerith, is there a preference to which one I put on my magic team for boosting purposes?

What's the general consensus on inventory slots? I'm at 100 now, thinking of going to 125 just to have some breathing room on keeping a stock of EXP/Evolve medals so I'm not gated by the Daily Dungeons so harshly. But then again, I'm probably sitting on near fifteen or twenty common medals to slowly build up some Guilted stuff.

Falk

that puzzling face
105 here. Wanted to go up to 150, but Goofy limited time Avatar boards (which I'll be able to nab the 2nd if the daily Jewel quests continue) nuked that idea.

Inventory becomes a lot less of a drag once you finish guilting the farmable medals you're interested in. I've got YRP (good nukes), Hayner/Pence/Olette (was a good investment, but going to be obsolete soon), Stitch x2 and Wakka x3, 2 of those being for Stage57 farming. Screw everything else. Some of them are in 6* guilt form, the rest are 5*2SA + 5*3SA for eventual fusing into 6* guilt when there's enough cost.

(Or in the case of Hayner/Pence/Olette, just selling them, haha)

I'm still rocking 50.

I commonly sell lesser draws (Dumbo, etc.) and pretty much only use a guilted Stitch of the free medals. The rest are either materials, pretty good medals for future building or things that I use.

CRS

130 here. Been pretty steady here with medal count but I might increase soon.

Also, who needs a 10 drop of one type when my Daily does just that ✌

Mg1je4Z.jpg

RalchAC

100 slots here.

I usually am between 70 and 90. I haven't used the weekly unlock, so I usually have 15 Magician Mickeys and 10 Yen Sids on Monday, which I use on Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday. If I still need to evolve anybody, I farm some of the color specific evolution materials and I wait until the weekend.

Shout out to PsYcO's 22% Guilted Stitch w/ Sleep for helping me beat the Wretched Witch on my first try.

+ PsYcO's Stitch w/ 22% Guilt and 3/10 Sleep
Rikku is guilted at 14%, while Stitch is 25% w/ 6/15 Attack Boost II.

I got super lucky with clutch procs. Turn 1, I just blew all of my Specials. Turn 2, I used DiZ and my Stitch then got sleep to proc from PsYcO's Stitch. Turn 3, I had no bars left, so all melee. I had my Stitch's Atk II buff proc, letting the friend Stitch finish her off. \o/

I went back and did it a second time and again got the clutch sleep on Turn 2, leading to victory. This time, I held off on using DiZ for Turn 2 so I could use both Stitch's on Turn 3. It worked AND my Stitch buff proced too, :D.

Now if only I could OTKO her in Quest 300..

I was able to OTK the Witch (in quest 300) with 5* Aerith, 6* Limit Sora, 5* Vivi, Guilted 12% KH Sora A, Guilted 21% Stitch, and Friend's Guilted Limit Sora with Attack Boost 2 (I don't even think that they're in our party lol).

KHII Aerith, Master Form Sora, and a Tifa. FINALLY got one of the proper boosters! Any need to worry about getting her past 5 star? Also, if I also have KHI Aerith, is there a preference to which one I put on my magic team for boosting purposes?

I would leave the boosters at 5*. Don't think there is too much of a difference (if at all) KH2 Aerith gives you the flexibility to add an off-color medal if you ever have the need to.

Tirod

Some of you are true inventory space prodigies, haha.

Currently rocking 160 spaces and I get close to max/go over max all the time, ESPECIALLY thanks to the current Snow White event.

I don't just sell trash medals outright yet (Hayner, Pence, Olette, Dumbo, etc) due to album reasons and the fact that I can manage my inventory back down to the 140s once prompted by the game to do so.

I AM sitting on a bunch of Scrooges and a sea of Chip/Dales (have yet to use any yet, waiting on either Premium Medals or dailies) and that's what is causing me bigger strain.

Top Bottom